• Published 25th Jan 2017
  • 2,130 Views, 171 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 3: Battle City Canterlot - Bahamut0



After Duelist Kingdom and The Friendship Games, Burst has made quite the name for himself. So much that Kaiba has taken notice and decided to host the next Battle City tournament in Burst's home town! But a new evil is lurking in the shadows.

  • ...
5
 171
 2,130

Duel 10: Surfing the Web

"My, my. Canterlot is even more lively than usual...", Rarity said as she took note of how busy the city was due to the Battle City tournament. "I dare say there's not a block that's buzzing with activity!"

"No kidding. Kaiba said the whole city would be lined with duels! I had no idea how crazy it'd all be! But having you with me makes things a little more calm."

"Darling. You know there's no way I'd let you go without me. I wouldn't miss seeing you duel in person for all the world.", Rarity said with a loving smile.

"That's...so.....CUTE!" Inferno and Rarity turned to face Chrysalis. "Ah! Sorry! It's just...I remember a time when I was like that."

"Didn't expect to see you here Chrysalis.", Inferno said with a smile.

"I must say darling. Your new outfit is quite fetching." Rarity was admiring Chrysalis's outfit. A green dress with a black jacket and a pair of green heels.

"Thanks! Got it for my new job. I'm the new counselor at Crystal High after Cinch got the boot. Good riddance to her."

"You have no idea...", Inferno began.

"So the rumors are true I take it? She blackmailed a friend of yours into participating in the Friendship Games?", Chrysalis asked.

"Yup. Twilight even turned into a LITERAL demon because Cinch was so determined to win. Wait. What happened to it being called Crystal Prep?"

"Ever since Cadence was put in charge, she changed it from a preparatory school into a standard high school. An upgrade if you ask me. It certainly looks more like a school now. Anyway, is Burst participating in this tournament?"

"He certainly is. But we've no clue to his whereabouts at the moment.", Rarity answered. Chrysalis sighed.

"And here I was hoping to show off some new cards I picked up and how'd they do against a legendary dragon."

"Maybe I can help there. I'm looking for a duel, and you seem to have some locator cards to spare. So how about you test out your new cards against me? I'm willing to suffer a few bug bites!", Inferno said with a smile.

"I suppose that's fair.", Chrysalis said with a small smile. Both of them activated their duel disks!

Inferno: 8000
Chrysalis: 8000

"Ladies first.", Inferno said with a small bow.

"Easy to see how you got such a nice girl.", Chrysalis said with a smile. "You're quite the charmer. I summon Chainsaw Insect in attack mode! Then I'll set a card and end my turn."

"I draw!" Inferno looked at his hand. 'Sweet! Time to give this duel a hot start!' "Time for me to show off a new card or two! I play Pre-Preparation of Rites! This lets me add a ritual spell from my deck to my hand, and a ritual monster from my deck or my graveyard to my hand! I'll add Dark Dragon Ritual and Paladin of Dark Dragon to my hand! Now I'll activate Dark Dragon Ritual and tribute Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my hand to summon Paladin of Dark Dragon! Now I'll tribute him to special summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon from my deck! Then I'll use his effect to bring back Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my graveyard! I'll attack Chainsaw Insect with REDMD and attack you directly with Red-Eyes Black Dragon!" Chrysalis winced as her monster was incinerated and her life points were scorched! "Then I'll set two cards and end my turn. Way to fire-up the duel Red-Eyes!"

"Looks like we barbecued her bugs.", Red-Eyes said with a smile.

Inferno: 8000
Chrysalis: 5200

"Not a bad start." Chrysalis drew her next card. "I'll play Trade-In to discard a level eight monster from my hand and draw two new cards! Then I'll summon Ultimate Insect LV1! Next I'll play Swords of Revealing LIght! This'll stop you from attack my little grub for three of your turns. I'll end my turn for now."

"My move then! I draw! Time for and upgrade Red-Eyes! I'll equip you with Black Metal Dragon! Now I'll banish Dark Dragon Ritual from my graveyard to add a Red-Eyes spell or trap from my deck to my hand! I'll add a spell and end my turn!" 'Something tells me that little grub is going to grow into a big pest. Too bad these swords are keeping me from attacking.'

"Since it's my standby phase, I'll send Ultimate Insect LV 1 to the graveyard to special summon Ultimate Insect LV 3 from my deck! Then I'll play Level up! This lets me target an 'LV' monster on my field to the graveyard to special summon a monster from my hand or deck listed in that monster's text! Now he grows into Ultimate Insect LV 5! I end my turn."

"I draw! One more turn until your swords fade! Until then, I'll draw! Nice! I play Red-Eyes Fusion! I'll fuse Red-Eyes Black Dragon on my field with Summoned Skull from my deck! I fusion summon Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! And since he was sent to the graveyard, Black Metal Dragon lets me add a 'Red-Eyes' spell or trap from my deck to my hand! I'll add Red-Eyes Fusion! Now I'll activate it and send Red-Eyes Black Dragon and Meteor Dragon Red-Eyes Impact from my deck to the graveyard! I fusion summon Meteor Black Comet Dragon! Now that he's on the field, I can send a 'Red-Eyes' monster from my deck to the graveyard and inflict half of its attack points as damage! I'll send Red-Eyes Black Flare Dragon to deal you 1200 points of damage!" A small jet of flame hit Chrysalis's life points! "I'll end my turn." 'My dragons can't scorch her bug right now. But their effects can still burn away her life points!'

Inferno: 8000
Chrysalis: 4000

"You got in some pretty good burns. But now that it's my standby phase, I can send Ultimate Insect LV 5 from my field to the graveyard to bring out the final stage of his evolution! Ultimate Insect LV 7!" A fearsome looking bug molted out of Ultimate Insect LV 5! "Now that he's on the field due to LV 5's effect, all monsters you control lose 700 attack points!" A spray was released from Ultimate Insect that made Inferno's dragons weaker! "And I'm not done yet! I play the spell card Hidden Armory! This lets me add an equip spell from my deck to my hand! And I know just the one! Insect Armor with Laser Cannon! I'll equip it to Ultimate Insect to boost him by 700 points! Attack Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! Ultimate Stinger!" REDMD was struck down by Ultimate Insect's stinger!

"You do NOT...want to get stung....", REDMD groaned as he was sent to the graveyard.

"I end my turn."

Inferno: 6700
Chrysalis: 4000

'Looks like her big bug's quite the pest. But even if she destroys my monsters, she's the one who really gets burned!' "Not a bad monster you got there. He's been able to cripple my dragons' strength." Inferno drew his next card. "I end my turn."

"In that case, I'll attack Archfiend Blackskull Dragon!"

"Don't forget! When you attack Archfiend Blackskull, I can target a 'Red-Eyes' normal monster in my graveyard and inflict its attack as damage! Then that monster is shuffled back into my deck!" Chrysalis cringed as flames licked away at her life points!

"Even if I do manage to damage you, I get burned. Impressive.", Chrysalis said with a smile. "I'll end my turn."

Inferno: 4800
Chrysalis: 1600

"I draw! Hmm. All of my monsters are pretty weakened with the effect of Ultimate Insect. Not to mention that he's been suped-up with that laser cannon. Let's see if I can do anything about that! I play Allure of Darkness! I can draw two card so long as I banish a dark monster from my hand! I'll banish Black Stone of Legend! Just what I needed. Since I used Red-Eyes Fusion to summon him, Meteor Black Comet Dragon's name counts as Red-Eyes Black Dragon! Now I play the spell card Harmony Absolute! I'll tribute my monster on the field since his name counts as Red-Eyes Black Dragon! I summon Red-Eyes Absolute Dragon!" Red-Eyes Absolute descended! Decked out in his black meteor ore armor! "I forgot to mention that he's unaffected by card effects! So Ultimate Insect's fumes won't be sapping any of his strength! Red-Eyes Absolute also gains 300 attack points for each monster in my graveyard! And last I checked, there were seven! That boosts him from 4400 to 6500! How to give this duel a fiery finish? I got it! I'll use one of his other effects! I'll halve his attack points so he can attack you directly! More than enough to win this!" Chrysalis braced herself as Red-Eyes Absolute took to the air, and wrapped himself in flames!

"RED-EYES IMPACT!", Inferno and Red-Eyes shouted in unison as Red-Eyes crashed into the last of Chrysalis's life points! The impact had even made her fall to the ground! Inferno walked over to Chrysalis and helped her up.

"I should have expected as much. Those dragons are legendary for a reason." Chrysalis brushed herself off.

"You know Chrysalis? I would be more than happy to help restore any damaged garments you may have."

"Quite the generous offer. I'd be more than happy to accept.", Chrysalis said with a smile. She then handed Inferno her locator cards. "Here. My three locator cards. Good luck to you in the rest of the tournament Inferno."

"Thanks Chryssi!" Chrysalis blushed! "What? It's a cute nickname for you!"

"I wouldn't worry Chrysalis.", Rarity said with a smile. "I'm the only girl Inferno has eyes for." Inferno smiled as he shared a kiss with her.

"Heh. Reminds me of my first date...", Chrysalis said with a fond smile as she left. Inferno and Rarity then went to find another duel.