• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 7,600 Views, 342 Comments

A Little Monster - Shadowmane PX-41



When Twilight unleashed the magic, she turned into a magical demon baby. Guess how screwed Sunset and her friends are...

  • ...
18
 342
 7,600

Home in Time for the Surprise

The group of ponies all charged up the wobbly stairs and squeezable walls, nimbly dodging paradox rifts and lightning bolts as they all burst out into the massive rubber foyer. As they came back into the massive hall, they watched as the lightning bolts spit out in all directions, striking every portion of the ground and walls as the noises roared in everyone's ears.

"We need to find a way back to Camp Everfree, fast!" Sunset said, stepping towards the front of the group as Baby Twilight cowered on her stomach with her head burrowed into the pony's neck. She looked back at the infant demon and picked her up, giving her a cuddle. "Oh, don't worry, Twilight. Mama's here. Mama's here. She's not gonna let you get hurt..."

"We should get back to my castle!" Princess Twilight spoke up as she fired bolts at the open rifts, slowly beginning to close them off one by one. "The portal there should still work if you've kept the book back at your world!"

"Do you think so?" Sunset fired a volley of spells from her horn as she began to close up the rifts as well, sweating as she tried to keep up with the opening and closing rips in the fabric of reality.

"Sunset, as long as your book's back there, the portal's gonna open up nice and smoothly." Twilight flapped her wings and flew around, casting more and more laser beams at the paradoxes. "And once we get you all back home safe and sound, everything here's gonna go back to normal."

"Yeah, if you consider normal being that we're gonna take care of a super adora-cute baby demon with magical powers who could cause something even more worse than these big massive holes in the world." Equestria Pinkie gave an adorable smile as she bounced over towards the blocks and started to hurl them at the cracks. "Take this, you big, mean cracks!" She threw the blocks and watched them disappear into the rifts, only for them to fly back out and slam right into her head. "No. When I say take this, you're supposed to keep them." She rubbed her head and walked over to the cracks, shoving the blocks inside. She watched them fall back out. "No. I said take them. Take them!" All this amounted to was her inserting the building blocks again and again, only for them to come straight out and tumble onto the floor. "You really are meanies, not obeying the 'Take This' rule..."

"Pinkie Pie! Stop it!" Rainbow Dash slapped the blocks out of Pinkie's hooves as she pulled her away from the rifts and splits in the air. "We've just gotta get out of here! No time for playing with weird magic stuff!"

"Rainbow Dash is right. We must return to Twilight's castle immediately." Celestia brushed some hair out of her face as she struggled to aid the other ponies in sealing the fissures. "Once we get the people from the other world back home, these paradoxes will stop appearing altogether."

"That is, if we can get home like this." Sunset Shimmer wobbled on the bouncy ground and almost tripped over the other baby toys as she tried to make it towards the door while also dealing with the cracks. She couldn't do all of the tasks at once and ended up falling onto her face and bouncing forward. "C'mon, everyone! Give me a hand, won't you?"

Gloriosa and Timber galloped forward towards Sunset, narrowly skimming the edges of the shooting spells as they rushed forward to give her some aid. They both picked her up and made sure that she hadn't had all of the air knocked out of her from the impact on the floor. As they checked her body and gave her a nod, they all moved towards the door.

"Follow us!" Sunset Shimmer beckoned to the rest of the ponies as she, Gloriosa, and Timber charged through the besieging bolts of thunder and energy as they got closer and closer towards the front door.

The other ponies stood watching the whole thing unfold before their eyes. Every fissure that closed, only for a new one to open and pick up the slack in terms of magic expulsion. They waited for a clear run to the exit, watching as the electricity coiled through the room, bouncing around on the rubber walls, floor, and ceiling.

"Oh, c'mon! I'll go then!" Diamond Tiara grunted and galloped as fast as her tiny body could take her. Making sure that she balanced herself on the rubber pathways that led towards the door, she found herself straight in the middle of a web of paradox energy. "Whoa!" She ducked underneath a bolt and barely managed to jump over one that slid underneath her legs. "That was a close one..."

After Diamond Tiara's run through the energy, the other ponies began to follow suit, with the Rainbooms and Main Six pushing through the storm. Close behind them were Celestia and Twilight, who were doing all that they could to hold back the endless streams that spilled out of each and every crack.

Ahead of the group, Gloriosa ran next to Sunset and Baby Twilight, not noticing that the geodes around her neck were beginning to pulsate lightly with bright energy. As the sweat ran down from her forehead as she burst out of the rubber castle and down onto hard ground, she galloped off towards the bottom of the hill and far away from the unfurling disarray behind her.

As Baby Twilight pulled her head out of Sunset's fur again, she glanced over and saw Gloriosa's gems glowing. Raising a hoof to her cheeks, she wriggled over towards the edge and reached out for the seven glimmering crystals. As her hoof came close into contact with them, her horn lit up and a small stream of baby-blue mist poured out of it and flew up into the stones. She watched as the fog vanished into the seven crystals. The glowing stopped as Twilight finally touched it, babbling something out as she tried to get a good grip on the jewels.

"H-hey!" Gloriosa almost jumped at the sight of Baby Twilight touching her, and quickly raised her hoof over the geodes, pressing them hard against her chest. As she did so, the mist poured back out of them and sank into her pores, causing a sudden sharp pain to appear in her chest. She let out a loud groan and almost fell onto her chest as she knelt down and gritted her teeth together.

"Gloriosa!" Sunset skidded on the backs of her hooves as she looked at Gloriosa curl up in agony. She turned around and went back to her, putting her hoof on her back as she tried to alleviate the pain. "Are you alright? Can you still walk?"

"I... I don't really know, Sunset." As Gloriosa looked up at Sunset, her vision became blurry as the magic inside of her began to dance and curl around her body. "You should just go on without me."

"Come on, Gloriosa! Don't give up on us now!" Timber Spruce ran around the other side and picked his sister up, draping her around his body. "Sunset! Give me a hand!"

"OK!" Sunset picked up the other half of Gloriosa Daisy and wrapped her around her neck and back, lifting Twilight up as she did so. "Got her! Now let's keep going!"

"Let's go!" Sunset turned back and watched as the other ponies fled from the castle and regrouped with them in the afternoon sun. Once they all gathered around, they looked back at the multi-coloured inflatable castle and watched as more and more cracks appeared in the air above it.

"Everypony! Come together!" Princess Twilight stretched her hooves out towards the entire group, bringing them close in together. "I'm gonna take us back to my castle in the blink of an eye. Now, if you're new to teleportation, you might feel sick at first, but you'll soon get used to it."

"Teleportation? You can't really do that, right?" Diamond Tiara watched as Twilight gathered energy in her horn and closed her eyes. "That's the kind of stuff you'd see in those cheap sci-fi movies where a light beam comes down and the cast all get edited out of the world and down into the new one."

But as Diamond Tiara came to the end of her sentence, a bright flash engulfed the whole group, replacing them with nothing but thin air as they vanished. A few twinkles of magical energy lingered, but they soon faded away as quickly as they had appeared.


Back in Twilight's castle, another flash, similar to the one in the Everfree Forest, caused the entire group of ponies to materialise at the portal to Canterlot High. Most of the ponies came out OK, but the others had their manes and tails sticking up, with their eyes twitching as they tried to re-orient themselves with where they were.

"We're here!" Rainboom Rarity smiled as she looked around the portal room. "And—whoa. This is new. I don't think I've ever seen a place as beau—" before she could finish, she gagged as vomit began to climb up her throat and into her mouth "—actually, hold that thought. I'll be right back." And with that, she charged over towards the door and threw up out of the room, coughing as she brushed the slop from her mouth.

"I'm just glad that everyone's back in one piece." Twilight brushed her forehead as she looked at the whole group of ponies, smiling as she saw the frizzy half brush their hairs down and wobble on their feet as they adjusted themselves. "Now then, let's fire up this portal and send you all home."

"Even if we go through the portal, isn't that just going to take us back to Canterlot High instead of Camp Everfree?" Rainboom Applejack walked over towards the portal and felt the edge with her hooves. "Everyone there's gonna be worried sick about us if we're not there soon, and Filthy Rich is soon gonna be tearing that place down if we're not fast enough."

"There's a Filthy Rich in your world?" Twilight raised an eyebrow at Rainboom Applejack.

"Yeah. And for Gloriosa, he's been piling her hard with debt since we couldn't pay him back recently." Timber Spruce nodded and took Gloriosa onto his back, letting Sunset put Baby Twilight on her back again. "If we don't meet his deadline, the whole camp's coming down. That's what we're trying to avoid."

"That sounds awful." Twilight sighed as she compared the Filthy Rich of the human world to the one in Equestria. Shaking her head, she swallowed and took a deep breath. "Well, I can't guarantee you anything, but I do hope that you and everyone else at Camp Everfree pulls through. It's just not right for a campsite to be ripped down by someone—even if the place is in debt."

"Well, even if we do get taken back to Canterlot High instead of Camp Everfree, I'm sure that someone'll be willing to pick us up once they realise where we are." Sunset nodded as she walked over towards the portal. As she placed her hand on the glass pane, she watched as the whole thing rippled as stars leapt up from the rim around her hoofprint. "Man, it's been ages since I've seen this thing, huh?"

"Yeah." Twilight gave Sunset a few pats on the back, making sure not to touch Baby Twilight by accident and cause more paradoxes to appear. "Well, good luck to you, Sunset. I hope that you and your friends save Camp Everfree in the end."

"Shame. We were only just getting to see this place and now we're gonna have to go?" Rainboom Fluttershy scrolled her eyes around the room and gave her wings a small flutter. "And I was beginning to like being a pony."

"Oh, I'm sure that we can find some way for you to come back and visit some time." Equestria Fluttershy walked up to her double and shot a small smile at her. "That is... after we find a way to stop the paradoxes from popping up."

"Thank you. I really appreciate that." Rainboom Fluttershy grinned at her double.

"You're welcome. Anything for a good friend," said Equestria Fluttershy.

"Gloriosa. Wake up." Timer Spruce waved his hooves in front of Gloriosa's closed eyes and whispered into his ears. "We're soon gonna be back at Camp Everfree, alright? Soon we'll get to save our home from Filthy Rich's grubby hands."

"Yeah. Come on, Glori. Wakey-wakey." Diamond Tiara leapt up onto Timber's back and walked all over Gloriosa's back. "No sleeping when we've got a camp to save, right?"

"Y-yeah." Gloriosa found opening her eyes to be much more of a labour than usual. Normally, she would be able to shoot her eyes straight open whenever they were closed, but because of everything that she had gone through, and due to all of the magic that had sunk into her body, her eyelids were incredibly heavy, even for her standards. "Hey. Is it weird that my eyes won't open?" She whispered smoothly as she felt the air in her lungs begin to dwindle.

"Hey. What's wrong with Gloriosa?" Sunset Shimmer heard Gloriosa's fading voice and walked over. "C'mon, girl. We're about to go home. Can't you wake up?"

"Sunset? I... I..." As Gloriosa mustered up the courage to open her eyes, the pain that returned to her chest began to erupt at a colossal rate. She let out a scream as she thrashed her head around and tried to wake up. "SOMEONE HELP ME! GET ME BACK TO CAMP EVERFREE!" She cried.

"Gloriosa!" Sunset watched the pony scream and flail on Timber's back, shifting her weight all over the place, almost falling off on a couple of occasions. "We've gotta go now!"

As Baby Twilight watched as Gloriosa struggled and thrashed around on Timber's back, she shuffled back and almost fell off of Sunset's back altogether. Grabbing onto Sunset's neck with her left hand, she clenched the fingers in her right hand together. With a little whine, her rattle appeared and charged up energy at the tip. Twilight sat back up and unintentionally swung her rattle down, causing another portal to appear right in front of the mirror.

"What the?" Celestia could only watch in awe as a swirling purple hole appeared, showing off Camp Everfree on the other side and the other humans who were running around, looking for Timber and Gloriosa. "Is that the Camp Everfree you're talking about?"

"Yes... That's it." Sunset could only stare slack-jawed as she stepped forward towards the portal. "Girls! Jump through quickly! Little Twilight's portals don't last long, and we might not get another shot at a quick ticked back to the camp!"

The Rainbooms nodded and barrelled themselves through the portal, waving their goodbyes to their doubles as they burst through the open hole and came out of the other side as humans again.

"Timber! Gloriosa! Diamond! Come with me!" Sunset held out her hoof as she watched the other ponies come close to the portal and leap through. She could only watch Gloriosa's tears begin to fall as she went through the other side and came out as a human along with Timber and Diamond Tiara.

"Celestia, as much as it's been fun, I really have to go now." Sunset stepped towards the portal and reached her hooves through it. As she was about to fall through the other side, she watched as Celestia gave her a small grin, to which she responded with a smile of her own. "I'll be back someday. I promise."

As Celestia watched Sunset jump through the portal with Baby Twilight and saw it close, she whispered, "I know you will. My faithful student."


The Rainbooms, Timber, Gloriosa, and Diamond Tiara all fell down onto the grass of Camp Everfree, immediately attracting the attention of the searching students. They all called their names and ran over to them, checking if they had broken anything and that everything was still in place. Some of them even wiped the sweat off of their brows and gave them all smiles as they helped them back onto their feet.

Sunset Shimmer landed on her feet, with Twilight holding onto her neck with both her arms and legs. She stood up straight again and saw some of the other students from Canterlot High come over and give her aid, giving both her and Twilight a quick examination before they let them walk off and see how the others were doing.

"We're back. In Camp Everfree." Sunset looked at the ring of trees surrounding the lake once again and felt the rocks by her shoes. She pulled Twilight off of her back and held her gently in her arms, tickling her chest. "Looks like I have to thank you for once, you little rascal, you. If it weren't for your magic, mama and her friends would've been gone forever." She heard Twilight giggling as she tickled her stomach with her index finger in gratitude.

Gloriosa's screams died down as well to simple groans as she slowly got onto her feet, wobbling as she tried to regain her posture. As she stood back up, magic surged all around her and formed an aura around her. The seven geodes that hung from her neck shone as bright as headlights as they shook around and clashed with each other like clacking balls in an office apartment.

"Uh... Gloriosa? Are you alright?" Sunset walked over to her, seeing the magic spill from her body as clear as day.

"I don't know anymore, Sunset." Gloriosa opened her eyes at Sunset, revealing that they were bright blue with pure white irises. "Please help me..."

"Whoa! What's up with your eyes?!" Sunset recoiled and almost dropped Twilight onto the ground at the sight of Gloriosa's eyes.

"I—" before Gloriosa could get another word out, she was consumed by a bright pillar of green and blue light and stretched her arms out to the side as her geodes began to resonate and shine even brighter "—AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!"

"Gloriosa!" Everyone at Camp Everfree cried out as they watched her become consumed by the light.

A small earthquake hit the camp shortly after the pillar of magic came crashing down on Gloriosa, causing vines to burst out of the ground and slither across the ground like snakes towards the girl in the light. They danced around the light and spiralled upwards, forming a cylindrical shape as they began to cocoon Gloriosa inside.

"Somebody! ANYBODY! HEEEEELLLLPPPP MEEEEEEEE!" She cried out as the vines finally encapsulated her and began to squeeze her together in the glow of the light.

The vines on the outside soon turned into a large sphere, holding Gloriosa on the inside. Every single piece of flora bathed in the light and began to light up just like the jewels on her neck, forming a rainbow of colours. Light shimmered off of every tendril and burst out towards every corner of the lake and forest, illuminating every part of Camp Everfree.

"What's going on?" Sunset put her hands to her eyes and fought against the light as she tried to make out what was going on. Just as she could get a glimpse of the events unfurling before her, a massive explosion of magic blew her onto her butt along with the other students of CHS.

When everything died down and went back to normal, purple vapours poured down on the group of high-schoolers, with gem pieces tinkling all around them on the floor. The cocoon of vines melted away and broke into ashes, leaving nothing around it. Something burst out of the inside, letting out a small whine that faintly resembled that of an infant.

"Wait. You don't mean..." Sunset got back up and walked forward towards the ruptured plants and rubbed her eyes as she adjusted to the light. "Oh no."

There was another baby coming out of the cocoon, with long blue hair that resembled the ocean. Her arms were completely covered up with long brown sleeve and glove combos that almost resembled branches. It wore a green dress around it with red flowers growing out at the waist and more vines draped around her chest and hips. She wore long green stockings with more vines curling around each of her legs, with a small daisy coming out of the top of each foot. The last discernible feature was a red mask that hung around the infant's eyes, with nothing more than green dots in pitch-black, looking around at everything around it.

"Gloriosa?" Timber slowly hobbled forward towards the baby, squatting down so that he could get a closer look at her. "Is that... even you?"

The baby simply blew a raspberry with her lips and babbled incoherent nonsense as she clapped her hands together, crawling out of the cocoon towards the other students.

"What happened to her?" Sunset played the question back over and over in her head as she watched the baby crawl up to her and Twilight. "And more importantly, what is she?"

Author's Note:

So. Baby Gloriosa-Gaia. I'll just let that sink in for a while.

Now then, I heard that many people were complaining about the whole paradoxes thing in the last few chapters, and I perfectly understand that. Not many people know how to write paradoxes properly, and I will admit to being one of those people. I just did what Doctor Who did when Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor and Rose Tyler was his companion. I wasn't trying to do anything rash or stupid, just follow along with the canon of the movies in the fact that Celestia herself states that bad stuff will happen if the two copies of each other were to touch.

But if you liked this chapter and are excited for the debut of little baby Gloriosa-Gaia, then please feel free to let me know in the comments section below. And let me know what you want me to do with her. Whether she sees Timber as her dad now, or Sunset as her mom, or whatever else, please feel free to voice your opinions.

And again, sorry if this seems a little bit thrown together, but I was trying to avoid any unsavoury moments involving more paradox butchering.

Have a nice day!