• Published 26th Jan 2017
  • 2,682 Views, 108 Comments

A Rubber Pony in Equestria - Lightbuster30



After being defeated by Kuma, Luffy finds himself in a strange land as a pony. These are his adventures.

  • ...
5
 108
 2,682

Fun in Equestria: Pranks Pranks Everywhere

Author's Note:

So just to recap incase you didn't read chapter 5. This is a 'Fun in Equestria' chapter, and while canon, contains few plot points. These types of chapters are treated as random episodes. Thank you for your time, and enjoy the read.

A seemingly boring day in Ponyville. Luffy was pouting that his breakfast didn't have any meat. "Luffy you can't eat meat." Twilight scolded him as though he were a colt.

"Aww why not?"

"Well for one it's illegal for ponies to eat meat. Secondly even if it weren't we are herbivores, so even if you tried eating meat you would only make yourself sick."

Luffy was horrified at this. "You're saying I can't even eat meat? What kind of cruel place is this?!"

"This 'cruel place' is my home." Twilight was slightly offended.

Luffy quickly returned to his cheerful demeanor and gobbled his breakfast. "Oh well, I can wait until I reunite with my friends. Man I'm getting bored now, see you later."

"Luffy! Hold on!" Twilight tried stopping him, her experiments may have been over, but she still had questions. However Luffy was already out the door.


Luffy was wandering through Ponyville looking for something to do. The experiments were boring, and the breakfast didn't do much to help. He caught a few glances from passing mares and stallions. After all just about everypony remembered the man who ate the table. But Luffy didn't mind, he was used to people thinking he was weird or goofy. Out of the corner lf his eye, he spotted an apple cart. Still hungry from the small breakfast, he thoughtlessly walked up to the cart and tried scooping up an armful only to be stopped by a familiar voice. "Now hold on there Luffy. Ah know how hungry you always are, but you can't go eating my stock without paying."

"Applejack? You sell apples?"

"Well of course! Sweet Apple Acres is me and my families livelihood."

"Can I have an apple? I'm hungry." Although by an apple he clearly meant all of them at once.

"Sorry Luffy. But I can't, you'd eat all my stock, and I doubt you have the bits to pay for it all. Now I might be willing to let you have a basketfull if you helped at Sweet Apple Acres."

This did not appeal to Luffy. "No thanks, that sounds boring." And he walked off.


Luffy continued walking until he came across a lake. "Ah it's so boring right now isn't there anuthing to do?" As if on cue a thought popped inside his head.

"Discord may be reformed but he is still a massive prankster." A grin on Luffy's face appeared, and he reached for the whistle Discord gave him and blew into it. For a few moments nothing happened.

Luffy was dissapointed. "Man this thing is busted." In that moment, as if on que, his reflection in the lake started to deform and contort.

"I can assure you it is far from broken." A voice came from Luffy's own reflection as it walked out of the lake, taking the form of Discord.

Luffy's face brightened up. "Discord!"

"Yes it is Discord. Now did you need me for something? I hope it is important, I was enjoying a lovely game of pin the tail on the pony." As he said this, Discord was trying pin Luffy's own tail on him, while Luffy still wore an amused expression.

"I'm bored. Lets have some fun!"

"Fun?" Discord was mildly interested, today had been even duller for him than normal. "And just what did you have in mind?" He asked while rumaging through Luffy's brain.

"Pranks. I heard you were amazing at them."

"Amazing? I'm only the best at them. Oh but I can't. I might anger Fluttershy if I got out of control."

"Oh come on! You're a Chaos God! You can do anything! Can't you just undo it all if you take it too far?

Discord began rubbing his chin in contemplation. He was seriously considering Luffy's offer. He hadn't been able to cause any chaos on any scale for weeks because his inter-dimensional travel services weren't working. "Hmm I'm still not sure."

"Don't be such a chicken Discord!" Luffy tried egging him on, and it seemed to work.

"A chicken? ME? I am anything but!" As he says this, he takes a look at himself, and discovers he is indeed a chicken. "Oh. Well so I am a chicken. Well fine my adoring fan. If it's pranks you want, then it's pranks you'll get!" With that he wrapped an arm around Luffy, and teleported them to their first victim.


"What the heck is up with my books?" Twilight was frantically opening books and reading through them, searching for any that looked normal. Behind her a massive pile of books. Discord and Luffy had reversed the words, and rearranged the letters inside each book. "Spike have you sent my letter to Princess Celestia yet?"

"Uh not yet Twilight!" Spike had problems of his own. For when he tried to send Twilight's letter, he burned it instead, another prank.

"Spike I need that letter sent asap!" Twilight came running over to Spike. "*GASP!"* Spike! What happened?!" Spike stood with a sheepish grin on his face with the ashes of the letter by his feet. "Ugh! What the heck is happening?!"


"Luffy! Stay down! heel boy!" Discord was holding Luffy back with a dog leash. The reason being that they had pranked Pinky Pie with a chocolate cloud that rains cotten candy, which Luffy wanted to eat.

Pinky rather enjoyed this prank, most of Sugarcube Corner was covered in cotten candy. The Cakes were a different story. "Pinky! There is cotten candy everywhere!"

"I know! isn't it great?! It's like pink fluffy heaven!" Pinky was bouncibg around the room in a combination of happiness and a sugar rush.

"Oh this prank is boring me. Next target Luffy. Luffy? Not again!" Luffy had once again attempted to charge at the cloud out of hunger. With a yank of the leash Discord dragged Luffy towards him, and teleported them out.


"Ahh! Why am I flying in reverse?!" Rainbow Dash was in a panic. The prank pulled on her reversed her flying direction.

"Why am I tangled in my own hair?" Rarity was trying to fend off her hair, which was attacking her.

"Dang it! I bet this is Discords doing! Only HE could cook up something like this!" Rainbow's voice was full of distain.

As the 2 friends struggled, 2 other friends were watching in the distance. "Oh Luffy isn't this fun? I'm so glad you came up with this idea. You have no idea how boring it gets without a bit of fun here and there."

"So who do we get next? Fluttershy?"

Luffy's question created a frown on Discord's face. "Hold your horses kiddo. Don't get me wrong, I like you. But if you prank so much as a hair on Fluttershy, I'll turn your skeleton from an innie to an outie."

"Ok ok fine. We won't prank her. So who is next?"


Applejack was walking along the trail alongside the river, on the way home from selling apples. "Sure wish Luffy took my offer. I could use help on the farm." As she thought to herself she noticed a flailing figure in the water. Applejack tried getting "What in tarnation? Is that Luffy?" Her expression went into panic. "Oh geez! Didn't Luffy mention he couldn't swim because of some weird fruit?! Hold on Luffy! I've got you!" She immediately ran and dived into the water, only to be stopped dead in her tracks mid dive. The water felt weird and thicker. It wasn't until she noticed Luffy had his hoof pointed at her frozen in a laugh, with Discord alongside him, that she realized what had happened: Luffy had intentionally jumped in the water, and had Discord turn the river into raspberry jello the moment Applejack touched the water. To say the least, Applejack was not amused, and gave Luffy a look that said she would kick his flank blue when they got out.

"Haha oh man we got you good Applejack!" Luffy was rolling alongsode the trail laughing.

"And just where do you get off pulling a stunt like that?!" Applejack was furious at being tricked like that.

"Oh come now Applejack, it's been a boring day for everypony. Me and Luffy are just livening the day up a bit. Isn't that right Luff-phht!" Discord's eyes bulged out of their sockets. Luffy in his hunger had eaten the now gelatinous river, and was bloated as wide as Discord was tall. "Wow! You my man are a riot!" He said playfully smacking Luffy on the back.

Applejack was a combination of annoyed, impressed, and weirded out. "I'm never gonna get used to this."


Nopony was safe from the duo's pranking. "Celestia? Sister? I think we have a problem." It was Princess Luna, although you wouldn't recognize her from how she looked. Thanks to some tea laced with poison joke, she and her sister had both their colors and abilities swapped.

Celestia was less than amused at the obviousness lf Luna's comment. "Yes I can tell. Discord must be at it again. I knew we shouldn't have drank that tea he left for us."

"Sister I think Discord may have a partner in crime. I saw him teleport outside the castle shortly after we had the tea, and a pony with a straw hat was with him."

Celestia was in shock. "You don't mean Luffy do you? What are they doing?"

"Nothing terribly harmful. It seems they are going on a pranking spree. We have complaints from many ponies about these 2."

Celestia gave a exasperated sigh. "This needs to stop. We need to contact Twilight and her friends, I think I know how to handle the situation. If everything goes right they will stop soon, and hopefully learn a lesson."


"Alright Discord who do we prank next?" Luffy was eager for some more fun, his simple mind completely blown out of telhe water by Discord's chaos.

"Why no pony. We have already pranked everypony in Ponyville."

"Speaking of Ponyville have you seen anything weird going on? Ever since we got Cheerlie I haven't seen anyone."

Discord was slightly suprised at at Luffy's statement, up until now he hadn't noticed the lack of ponies. "Really? Well now that you mention it, Ponyville does seem to have gone pony less."

Luffy tried looking around, and found nobody, growing annoyed. "This is weird! Where the hell is everybody?!"

"Oh come now Luffy you're overreacting. It isn't as though everypony suddenly dissapeared." His face turned to worry, as he looked around and saw no one as well. "Is it?"

"Well I don't know!" The duo started searching through Ponyville looking for anypony, but the place was like a ghost town. Luffy tried Sugarcube Corner "Pinky Pie! Hey you in here?!" His sense of worry had overriden his sense of hunger, ignoring the cotten candy around the place.

"Fluttershy, old buddy old pal! Are you there?" Discord was at Fluttershy's, but just like the rest of Ponyville it was empty.

"HEY isn't there anyone here?!" Luffy and Discord had searched and searched for hours until the moon was out, and yet found no signs of life. It was like everyone was just not there anymore. Thier search had taken them to the outskirts of town. Luffy sank to the ground on his knees. "What the hell is going on? Everybody is just gone."

Discord sat next to him. "Luffy. You don't think something happened to everyone do you?"

"I don't know." Luffy was growing grim. "All I wanted was to make the day a little less boring, have a little fun. I didn't think we would make everyone dissapear."

"I know how that feels. Even if I'm reformed, that doesn't mean I don't get chaotic urges. But what is the point when all your friends are gone?"

"Not all of them."

Discord was confused by Luffy's words. "What do you mean? Everyone we know is who knows where."

Luffy put on a small smile, and looked up at Discord. "Well. We're friends aren't we?"

Discord was touched by what Luffy said, his irises like dots, he put on the same smile as Luffy. "Oh. Well, I-I guess we are aren't we?" He wrapped an arm around Luffy. "Still I'd like to know what happened to everyone."

A voice from behind them suddenly made itself known. "You won't have to wonder about that for much longer." It was the voice of Celestia. As Luffy and Discord turned around they saw the Princesses, Mane 6, and half of Ponyville appear in a flash.

Discord was caught off guard by this, Luffy on the other hand was amazed at what just happened with stars in his eyes. "Woah how'd you do that?!"

Twilight spoke up. "We all got tired your pranking, so the Princesses called us up and had us place a mass invisibility spell on everypony in town."

"Yer pranks were getting out of hand so we made y'all think we dissapeared." Applejack said.

"To make you more considerate of your friends." Fluttershy added.

"Being a prankster myself I can enjoy a good prank, but you 2 went kinda crazy." Rainbow spoke next.

"We followed you everywhere watching you search for us. It was actually kinda funny." Pinky stated.

"Now can you please reverse the pranks?" Rarity pleaded. "I don't think my mane can take much more!"

"Hmm? Oh yes yes I should probably fix that." With a snap of his fingers the effects of Discord and Luffy's pranking dissapeared.

"Aww! I kinda liked cotten candy rain." Pinky groaned in dissapointment.

"I'm sorry everybody. Me and Luffy were just trying to brighten up our day. When you're a Spirit of Chaos, it is difficult to keep yourself under control. I suppose we did go too far with the pranking."

Celestia walked up to the duo with a stern yet compassionate smile. "It would seem you have learned a valuable lesson in friendship. What about you Luffy? Have you learned something?"

Luffy cocked his head to the side in confusion, unaware of what 'friendship lessons' are. Discord nudged him to get his attention *nudge* "Luffy didn't you learn anything about friendship? Being a better friend?"

"Oh thats what she meant! I guess I should have been more considerate to my friends, it's boring with no one around."

"A good prank can be super-duper fun, but not if it upsets people. Pinky spoke.

"If ya want to prank somepony thats fine. Next time y'all do this, can you please tone it down?" Applejack asked.

"Why yes of course everypony." Discord assured Applejack. "We never meant any real harm." Pinky came up to them with something in her hooves.

"Aw everything is alright now. Have some cake?"

Luffy's mouth became like a waterfall. "Cake?! I want some!" In that instant the cake began bubbling and deforming, before exploding over the duo covering them in cake.

"Surprise! It was a prank cake." Everypony started laughing.

Luffy took the prank in stride. "Haha! Oh man you got us good!"

"Oh yes, well I guess I can't say we didn't have that coming." Discord agreed. Everyoony laughed even harder.

When all is said and done, the joy of a prank is nothing compared to laughing with your friends. Luffy has a lot to learn about the magic of friendship, and he may just end up doing some teaching of his own. But can he take those lessons to heart and protect his friends from the upcoming threats to Equestria? We can only hope.