• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 3,702 Views, 106 Comments

Aspects of Harmony - kwr2k13



When John Radderson ended up as an anthropomorphic alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle, she set off a chain reaction that transformed her classmates into her pony friends.

  • ...
34
 106
 3,702

Smith Family Emergency

Ashley Smith, the anthro version of Applejack, was finishing dinner with her friends and family at Sweet Apple Acres. The group just finished a delicious meal Alex had created with apples, tasting like a Dutch Apple pie mixed with lasagna. “Whoo-wee! This apple-themed lasagna is delicious! You really outdone yourself, Alex! Ah reckon yer Uncle Sea Heart’s gonna love the carrot lasagna!”

Alex blushed through her white fur, saying, “I'm glad you liked it. Would you believe making this lasagna was my first attempt at cooking a recipe of my own creation?” She got up and started to help clear the table.

Apple Bloom looked at Alex's belly. “I thought you got pregnant two months ago? Why do you look like it's been six?” Alex's blush got deeper.

Ashley heads over to her sister, “Apple Bloom! Y’know that’s not appropriate to say in front of our friend!” She turned to Alex, “Sorry, ‘bout that, sugar cube! Mah lil’ sister can be very blunt when she’s bein’ honest. Kinda runs in the family!”

Alex nods. “I'm a little surprised I've gotten this big in a short time myself!”

Ashley sighed, and switched on the television.

“And this is the moment when a national scare began, when according to this footage, a young man changed into a horse-like creature.”

"What in the?" asked Apple Bloom.

"This is a US news channel," Alex said.

"Right, let's see what the BBC World Service has got," Ashley cut in, switching channels again.

“According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, the incident is being treated as a virus outbreak. New York has been quarantined, and no flights are being permitted in or out of the city. We now go live with the director of the CDC, Robert R. Redfield.”

Redfield came up on screen, seated behind a desk.

“Mr Redfield, what can you tell us about this disease?”

“Well,” Mr Redfield replied, "We at first thought this was an isolated case. But it has subsequently been confirmed that there have been other cases across the globe. Our colleagues in the Australian Border Force have confirmed several cases in Western Australia, and another in Alberta was confirmed by the RCMP. This is a global problem, and we are looking into all issues to solve it.”

The US Government has confirmed that the creature in question, which resembled a character from the television series 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, is safely being held in a secure facility away from the public. We now go to Megan McCarthy, showrunner of 'My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic'.

“What do you think of this incident?”

“It’s bizarre, to say the least. What is most surprising is that this incident appears to be a background character.”

Two images came up on screen. One was a police capture shot of the suspect, the other of one of the ponies off the show. There was an irritating, earworm-like song playing in the background, which Ashley instantly recognised: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejBKKbA2a7A

“The resemblance to Babs Seed is uncanny, to say the least.”

Ashley looked over at Alex and Apple Bloom. “Uhm, should we call Twilight and the others? Ah’m worried ‘bout that there girl. There’s no tellin’ what she’s goin’ through right now.”

“Ah shoot.” Alex said. “I hope it's NOT a virus!”

“What c’n we do in the meantime? Ashley asked, “Ah have this distant cousin in New York City named Brian, who is an apprentice stylist.” She looked over at Alex for confirmation.

Alex facepaws. “Let me guess, he, now she, lives in Manhattan. And why're looking at me? I lived in Los Angeles.”

Ashley nodded, “It’s okay. The incident with the young girl they found was in New York, Manhattan, right? But we cannot get there ‘cause of that quarantine. How are we t’ find out if she’s okay?”

“I don't know.” Alex sighed “but at least we know who our new pony is.”

Ashley and Apple Bloom saw the picture of Babs Seed on the TV. “So that’s our cousin, huh? She’s ‘bout Apple Bloom’s age, Ah reckon.”

Apple Bloom could not keep her excitement in her, “Ah reckon she and Ah would totally hang out with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo!”

“In the show, Babs lives in Manehattan, the Equestrian equivalent of Manhattan.” Alex said.

Ashley nods, “And mah cousin is a hair stylist. Apprentice, ya see.” She started to text Rarity, Twilight, and the other girls. “Mah cousin from New York may be in trouble! They are quarantining everypony ‘cause they think this may be some kind o’ virus!” She sent the text to the girls and waited for their responses.

Apple Bloom asked, “Anything else we should know ‘bout cousin Babs, in case we actually meet her?”

A loud ‘CRACK!’ sounded out as Ayumi Teleported into the kitchen. “Lock and load girls! We have Black Hawks inbound!”

Alex frowned at that and said, “They can't do that! This farm's Australian territory; the Americans don't have jurisdiction here!”

Suddenly, an object flew through the window and landed on the floor.

"FLASHBANG!" shouted Ayumi. Suddenly, there was a blast of light and sound, and the sparks from the grenade set a nearby curtain on fire.

They were all knocked to the ground, as 4 soldiers entered. Each of them was clad in NCB gear, and carried an MP5.

The first of them spoke. "Targets neutralized!"

A voice responded over the radio. An Australian voice. "Excellent. Get them to the Black Hawks, and transfer to a waiting US Aircraft Carrier."

"Roger that." The first of them walked over to Ashley. The last thing she remembered was a gun butt striking her face, and everything went black.