• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 3,702 Views, 106 Comments

Aspects of Harmony - kwr2k13



When John Radderson ended up as an anthropomorphic alicorn Princess Twilight Sparkle, she set off a chain reaction that transformed her classmates into her pony friends.

  • ...
34
 106
 3,702

Honesty: Applejack

Kurt Smith was seventeen years of age and attended school with his friends Rina, Terrance, Matt, and Harry. Up to now, the group included John Radderson, who had recently underwent a drastic transformation that left him, or rather her, in the form of an anthropomorphic version of the main protagonist of the cartoon My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic; Princess Twilight Sparkle, complete with her horn, fur color, eye color, hooved feet, and wings. Kurt was still Twilight’s friend, regardless of her changes, and supports her in every way.

Kurt usually wore a pair of blue jeans with a white shirt and an orange work shirt, with his work boots to school or on the farm. He had emerald green eyes and short blond hair. While working on the farm, he would wear his brown Stetson, but took it off for school, to eat his meals, and lastly, when he was ready for bed.

As Kurt headed home to his family-owned farm, he looked around at the red barn and the ranch-style house where he lived with his grandmother, an elder brother, and a younger sister. The orchards outside the fields bore many varieties of apples, which were either sold by the bushel or used to make many apple-themed drinks and food items to sell at the market.

Kurt headed into the farmhouse, where the family was preparing dinner. He went up to wash his hands and wondered how Twilight was coping. Perhaps he could get her email address or talk to her at school or if she was around town. After washing his hands, Kurt headed downstairs to talk to his family about the new girl in his school.

“I'll tell ya, John came to us and showed us that she had become Twilight Sparkle. She even had the wings and horn, purple eyes and everything. She even came to school the next day and enrolled as ‘Twilight Radderson'. My friends and I decided ta’ help her out the best we can,” Kurt explained after finishing his meal.

The younger sister, Amy, age nine, who had red hair, green eyes and often wore blue overalls and a white shirt underneath it, was ecstatic, shouting, “You’re friends with a pony princess! Oh, wow! She must be really grateful to have friends to help her out. She’s like an exchange student from another world or something!”

Kurt ruffled his sister’s hair, saying, “Kinda like that. Well, I'm gonna get some rest. Tomorrow, I'm gonna meet up with Twilight and see if she needs some help. Maybe share contact information.” He hugged his grandmother, Ms. Smith, who was around her late 70’s, early 80’s, and his older brother named Mac. Mac graduated from school and spent his weekdays on the farm, with the weekends to relax with family or pitch horseshoes, a Smith family tradition.

As Kurt headed to his room, he thought of all the similarities he and his family had to the orange earth pony and her family on the show Twilight came from. He, like Applejack, was honest and and averse to lying. Both had love for the farm, growing plants, and tending to the chores on the farm. If there were any repairs needed on the farm, he and his brother would finish up in time to relax or listen to their grandmother’s stories of her youth. Kurt’s parents were absent from his life shortly after Amy was old enough to attend her first day at kindergarten and was under her grandmother’s care until she broke her left hip. After that, Mac and he took care of Ms. Smith, but were not able to come up with enough money to help with the surgery to fix her hip. So, they had to come up with some creative solutions for ways to make extra money.

As Kurt lay in bed pondering how to help his family and his future appointment with Twilight at school or out in town, he saw an orange glow coming from his computer. Curiously, he opened his computer to see an image of a red apple. The orange glow from the computer and the image of the apple surrounded his body as he shielded his eyes. The mysterious orange glow from the computer faded, leaving Kurt confused, exclaiming, “What in tarnation?” He covered his mouth as the last word slipped from his mouth.

What happened next to Kurt’s body started at his hair, which grew out to be slightly past his shoulder blades, ending in a ponytail. His skin turned light orange as his hands became more slender and were covered by similarly coloured orange fur. Some freckles appeared on his face as it became more feminized, including his eyebrows and eyelashes. His green eyes shone brighter as everything appeared clearer. Kurt went to the mirror in his room to watch in shock as his body became both more athletic and feminine at the same time. A pair of orange pony ears appeared under his hair and twitched in response to his emotional state. As he stood there looking at what appeared to be the beginnings of a muzzle, his chest began to expand into a pair of breasts. His teeth flattened to resemble that of an equine. His legs became more athletic and were covered in orange fur, with his feet changing into hooves. A pair of three red apples, Applejack’s Cutie Mark, appeared on his hips. Eventually, a tail that matched his new hair color sprouted from his rear and grew quite long, also braided like a ponytail. The penultimate changes occurred when he felt the final vestiges of his former male body disappear, leaving him, or her in awe of her new form. Her new voice shifted a few octaves until it matched Applejack’s southern drawl perfectly.

“Land sakes! Not only do Ah sound like Applejack, Ah reckon Ah’m supposed ta’ be her!” The new Element of Honesty reasoned, standing admiring herself in the full-length mirror. She then found some red ribbons and a hairbrush on the desk near the computer, and used said brush to start brushing her hair. When finished brushing her hair, she braided it and tied the red ribbon to hold the braid into place. She did the same to her new tail. “Well, now that the hair’s done, best ta get some decent clothes then tell the folks what happened.”

After finding a white shirt with green trim on top to match her eyes, and some blue jeans she modified for her long tail with a brown belt with the red apple emblem from the computer screen around her waist, she looked around one last time at her reflection. “Somethin’ is missin’ from mah outfit,” she said to herself, and noticed she didn’t have her brown Stetson. She found one in her bed stand and deftly placed it on her head, her ears poking out on either side of the hat. “There, much better. Ah still need ta talk ta Twilight and get some help.”

As the new pony girl came down the stairs, her family starred in shock at the sight. Upon recognizing the color scheme and hair of the one that had just entered the room, she shouted, “Is that Applejack?!” She proceeded to rush up to her and tackled her while hugging very tightly.

“Relax, sugarcube, it’s jus’ me, Kurt. Just ended up becomin’ yer big sis is all.” She ruffled the young girl’s red hair. Amy just squeezed her big sister even tighter, a gesture that was returned by the anthropomorphic Applejack. Amy reminded her so much of Apple Bloom, the youngest member of the Apple family.

Grandma Smith came out with her walker, followed by Mac. “Well, what do we have here? A new member of the family come to visit? You must be Kurt’s cousin. Welcome, hun!” Grandma Smith was not wearing her glasses at the time she beheld her new granddaughter. Mac chuckled and fetched the glasses, giving Grandma Smith a better look at the human/pony Applejack before her.

“No, Granny, Ah’m, er, was yer grandson, Kurt. But I reckon Ah’m yer granddaughter now,” she said, correcting her nearsighted grandmother.

“So, what are ya gonna to do for school? Ya cannot use yer old name…” Mac drawled, looking over his new sister.

The new member of the family thought about names for herself, replying, “Well, Ah’m supposed ta’ be Applejack, so Ah was thinkin’ of usin’ Ashley Jacqueline Smith, or AJ fer short. What do y’all think?”

The family thought about Ashley’s proposed name change. “Well, we need to legally change it at the courthouse and get all the school records changed, and that takes time,” Grandma Smith stated matter-of-factly. “But, we’ll cross that bridge once we get ta it. Until then, ya still have yer chores after school and have ta keep up yer studies so you can graduate.”

Ashley nods, shouting, “Yes ma’am! Ah won’t let you or the family down. Even mah friends…” Just then, she thought of Twilight, “Ah, shoot, Ah plum fergot ‘bout Twilight! Ah need ta contact her and tell her what happened. She’ll know what ta do!” She headed upstairs to try to find Twilight’s contact information. “Come on, where is it. It’s gotta be in one of these here notepads.”

Ashley continued to search for Twilight’s contact information, looking for either an email address or a phone number until she found an email that appeared to be connected with her. “That’s gotta be Twilight’s email.”

Ashley then clicked on the email that Twilight had set up, and sent an email with a picture of herself in her current form. Long blond hair, brown Stetson, orange fur, and bright green eyes.

The message read, “Twi, if you are reading this, I need your help! I’ve turned into Applejack, or an anthropomorphized version of her. I even use her accent. Can we meet someplace in private?” She then signed the email with ‘Love, AJ.’ Then, she sent the picture and email, and waited for Twilight to respond back.