• Published 11th Jul 2017
  • 402 Views, 70 Comments

Seconds Late - FerociousCreation



In the Equestira's Famous Canterlot High School, a stallion named Alto has finally mustered up the courage to ask his best friend, Harp Hearts to the Hearts and Hooves Formal. However, competition has Alto worried that somepony may snatch her up...

  • ...
5
 70
 402

Hard Vice

High Brass flinched when his eyes met Alto. He mumbled something, but it was choked by the rag over his mouth. High Brass’ golden outfit was torn in several places and his mane looked like a messy lawn. Several purple bruises spotted the rich pony’s face and other parts of his body that were visible.

Alto’s wish had come true. The stallion he despised was now on the ground. Beaten. Bruised. Broken. But the bruises on High Brass’ face reminded Alto of himself. Alto blinked and found himself looking in a mirror. His reflection leered back, expressing nothing but anger and frustration. He blinked again and returned to reality, looking down at High Brass. The rich pony gave the same leer Alto’s reflection was showing. And Alto couldn’t help feel sorry for High Brass.

“Isn't this great!” Smile asked, awaking Alto from his daydreaming. Smile skipped over to High Brass before bucking the rich pony’s stomach. Alto couldn't bare to watch High Brass writhe in agony. He looked back, watching Orange, Neutral, and Frown enter the alley, blocking any chance of an escape.

“Why the long face,” Orange asked. “You look more bothered than him,” Orange gestured to High Brass. Alto didn't want to look back at High Brass’ beaten body. High Brass grunted in pain again, and Alto winced at the sound.

“I did want somepony to give High Brass a good blow to the head,” Alto admitted. However, he was bothered that High Brass had to hear him; some thoughts are meant for nopony to hear. And because the reality was more than a fantasy, the unicorn was not sure if this is what he wanted. “Was taking him down an alley and…” Alto gathered all the strength he had to look at High Brass’ bruised body. “...doing this to him necessary?”

“You should be grateful for me, Alto,” Orange grumbled, stomping over to the unicorn. “I saved Harp Hearts from him.” A flame sparked in Alto’s breast, his expression turning hot. Orange grinned, scanning his eyes over Alto’s face. “You should have seen what High Brass did to Harp Hearts. You should have heard how much he hates you.” Alto stared down at High Brass as Orange began to poison the unicorn’s ear. “When he grabbed Harp Hearts’ wrist, refusing for her to leave, she looked so frightened. I remember hearing how scared she sounded when she pleaded him to let go.”

Neutral walked over to High Brass and pressed his hoof on the rich pony’s cheek; Alto didn't flinch as he watched his enemy squeeze a few tears. “What would you have done if your dearest friend, the mare you sung your heart out to, cried for help?”

Alto stood in silent thought, his eyes dancing to every mask facing him, and then to High Brass. “I would run to her rescue.” The rich pony whined as Neutral pressed down harder.

Orange began to circle Alto. “And what would you have done to her aggressor if you were there?”

“I don't know,” Alto answered.

A wooden beam tapped Alto on the shoulder. “Use this,” Frown suggested. “We can still find out. High Brass is right there after all,” he pointed with the rod.

All attention was on him. High Brass’ eyes darted between the beam and Alto as the unicorn grabbed the weapon. Neutral stepped off of High Brass, giving himself some space between Alto and the rod. Faceless and Mouthless backed up as well, not wanting to get hit if Alto comes out swinging.

“Just don't kill him,” Orange spoke, the others laughing a little.

High Brass tried to show no fear in his eyes, peering up at Alto. However, both ponies knew how afraid High Brass was. The rich pony mumbled something, probably insulting the unicorn.

Alto closed his eyes, allowing every sin High Brass had committed unto him flood his brain. Harp Hearts’ tear-stained cheeks. Bastion kicking him in the hallway. High Brass and Harp Hearts dancing together. Alto’s indignation was flared and he finally met High Brass’ eyes with his own.

The unicorn stood on his back legs, clenching the beam in a hard vice. In one swift movement, Alto rose the rod into the air, and swung it down toward High Brass’ skull.

***

The key twisted in Alto’s hoof, unlocking the door with a soft “shlunk.” Despite nopony living in his estate, the stallion kept his steps silent. He turned on the light, closed the door, placed his key on the counter, and put his violin case in the closet before lobbing himself onto his bed. Alto would normally not want to waste electricity, but after everything he had just done, the stallion would rather keep the light on. He grasped his body pillow, snuggling against the soft sponge of cotton.

I wonder how Harp Hearts will react when she hears about what had happened to High Brass…