• Published 27th Jan 2017
  • 2,283 Views, 160 Comments

Friendship is Forever - pabrony



The Mane 6 say their final goodbyes one by one until only Twilight remains

  • ...
7
 160
 2,283

Birthday Surprise

Pinkie was galloping back and forth throughout Ponyville Park checking on the reception activities to make sure everything was how it was supposed to be. Rainbow Dash had the skies cleared, Applejack was arriving with some apple cakes, Fluttershy had the songbirgs tuning up, Twilight was preparing some fireworks that evening and Rarity was putting the finishing touches on the dresses for the event.

After about the third hour of Pinkie running laps around the park, Twilight had enough and caught Pinkie by her tail in her magic, dragging her over so they could talk.

"Pinkie, you need to slow down some or you're going to be out of energy before this afternoon," Twilight whispered to the party pony.

"I know but I just need it to be absolutely superly duperly looperly perfect, Twilight," Pinkie Pie worried.

"I realize that, Pinkie, I was the same way sixteen years ago, if you remember," Twilight reminded her.

"You're right, Twilight," Pinkie replied as she threw her forelegs around Twilight's neck. "And I told you that there isn't anything to worry about."

"PINKIE PIE!" Rarity called from across the park.

"Ooooh, It must be time to get dressed," Pinkie shouted as she released Twilight and shot across the park with the speed of a lightning bolt.

"What's wrong with Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash asked after setting down next to Twilight.

"Wedding day jitters," Twilight chuckled.

"What did you tell her?" Rainbow asked.

"I told her to remember what she told me when I got married," Twilight told Rainbow Dash.

"And that was...?" Rainbow inquired impatiently.

"There isn't anything to worry about," Twilight said with a smile.

"Right," agreed Rainbow as she gave Twilight a high-hoof.


Two weeks later, Pinkie Pie and Cheese Sandwich returned home to Ponyville and were greeted by Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack and their families at the train station.

"How was y'all's honeymoon in Yakyakistan?" Applejack asked the newlyweds.

"It was soooo pretty in the northern mountains. You know Yakyakistani snow is softer than ours?" Pinkie replied.

"Are you serious, Pinkie?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"It's true," Cheese Sandwich replied with a laugh. "The barrage of snowballs that Pinkie hit me with would have knocked me unconscious anywhere else."

"That's so awesome. I'll have to talk to somepony in Cloudsdale about adjusting our snow formula," Rainbow squealed with joy.

"What else did you do there besides snowball fights?" Twilight asked them.

"We tried some delightful yak dishes, went to a performance of Beauty And The Yak and then at night we... Mmmph" Pinkie said before having a hoof cover her mouth.

"That's, uh, private there, uh, Sweetness," stammered Cheese as his cheeks turned cherry red.

Pinkie pulled her husband's hoof down and continued, "At night we would go on the balcony and cuddle while we watched the Northern Lights. What did you think I was going to say, Cheesy?"

"Oh, I, um, well, uh," Cheese continued to stutter as he began rubbing the back of his head with his forehoof.

"What? You thought I was going tell them about that? This is a T-rated fanfic, you know," Pinkie laughed as the rest of the group stood there bewildered. "What?"

"Uhhh, Pinkie? What's a... you know what, never mind," Rainbow said before facehoofing, causing the pink party pony to laugh harder.

"How about we get going back home before my bride dies from laughter," Cheese Sandwich said to everypony.


Cheese Sandwich called a secret meeting with Twilight and Pinkie's other friends to discuss a matter of great importance. While most ponies wouldn't think twice about asking Pinkie Pie to throw a surprise party, throwing one for her has been another story. Word had gotten around years ago about how Pinkie Pie nearly went insane when her friends threw her a surprise party. Since then, nopony had ever dared trying to throw another surprise party for her.

After everypony arrived at Fluttershy's cottage, Cheese Sandwich provided some refreshments for the group as he opened the meeting.

"Thank you all for meeting me on short notice. I know everypony's busy but I wanted to take advantage of Pinkie throwing a birthday bash for Applejack's cousin in Appleoosa," Cheese told them.

"Why?" Fluttershy asked quietly. "Oh, wait. You're not thinking about... OH MY!"

"A surprise party? Hay, yes!" Cheese Sandwich replied excitedly.

A look of concern crossed the faces of the five mares in the room.

"What? Is that a bad thing?" Cheese asked.

"Well, how to put this delicately, darling... yes," Rarity responded.

"Okay. Why is that a bad thing?"

"Well three years before you and Pinkie had your 'Goof-Off' at my Birth-iversary Party, the five of us tried to throw her a surprise party for her," Rainbow Dash explained.

"Th' probl'm was that Gummy's birthday is th' day 'fore hers an' she done thrown a party fer Gummy," Applejack added.

"When we left for the night after the party, I told her that we should do this again soon," Twilight continued as she hung her head. "I, we didn't think she would hold another party less than 24 hours later."

"I see. So what happened then?" asked Cheese Sandwich.

"Well, we had to make excuses as to why we couldn't attend the 'After-Birthday' Party for Gummy," Rarity said. "Twilight told her she had to study, Applejack said she had to pick apples, our heroic pegasi claimed they had to cave-sit for a bear and I, gulp, I had to do the most revolting thing in Equestria."

"And what might that have been?" Cheese pried.

"I had to... oh dear, I think I'm going to be sick... I had to stuff my head in th-" Rarity said before hauling tail to Fluttershy's bathroom to vomit, leaving Cheese Sandwich confused.

"Rarity stuff'd 'er mane in th' garbage cans ta git outta goin' to th' party," Applejack chuckled. "Ah pers'nally found it down right hilarious when she told us 'bout it."

After a short laugh at Rarity's expense when she returned to the room the legend of Pinkie's first surprise party resumed.

"Anyway, we thought we were in the clear until I happened to walk past Pinkie, who was hiding in a hay bale, and said hi," Rainbow Dash said.

"Hold it! Two questions; first, why was she hiding in a hay bale and second, why was it such a problem saying hi?" Cheese asked.

"I don't know why she was hiding and I had my saddlebags loaded full of party supplies," Rainbow answered.

The ponies continued discussing that day including the part when Rainbow Dash went to get the birthday mare.

"You never did tell me what you meant about being replaced by a bucket of turnips," Twilight told the cyan pegasus.

"Well, you see when I picked up Pinkie she had a bucket of turnips, a huge ball of lint, a stack of rocks and a sack of flour with party hats on them," Rainbow shuddered. "She told me that she was having a good time with her new friends."

"Soooo, Pinkie felt you didn't want to be friends anymore because you had to make excuses so you could get her party set up. Is that right?" Cheese asked.

His question was unanimously answered "yes" by the other ponies before he continued, telling them what they did wrong.

"You see, even though you all had a hand in planning the party, nopony kept her distracted from the rest of the group," Cheese explained. "Even if it was only one of you that went to Gummy's After-Birthday Party, when it came time for her party, just ask if you could move the party someplace else to kick it up a notch."

There was a complete silence among the five friends, not realizing the simple mistake they could've avoided. The silence was short lived however when Rarity broke the silence.

"So how long do need me to keep her at the spa next week, darlings?"


"This has been super duper crazy awesome fun today, Rarity," Pinkie cheered as she bounced around her friend in circles. "And best of all it's on my birthday! It's too bad everypony else had stuff to do and couldn't join us."

"I know, but maybe next time, darling," Rarity said to comfort her friend.

"Oooh, oooh. We can still throw a birthday party! Me and Cheesy can probably throw something together and we can still party all night," Pinkie shouted.

"Honestly that sounds wonderful, darling, buuut-" Rarity said as she opened the door to Sugarcube Corner.

"SURPRISE!" shouted Cheese Sandwich and the rest of Pinkie Pie's friends.

Pinkie Pie's eyes grew wide in astonishment as she took in the scene around her. There were balloon bouquets, a gift table, a record player, a six-layer cake, streamers and a banner that read:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PINKIE PIE!

"What do you think, Sweetness?" Cheese Sandwich asked.

"I... I... I..." Pinkie stuttered before passing out and collapsing into a heap.

All the ponies in attendance laughed at the pink earth pony's reaction, thinking it was an act. However the laughter stopped abruptly when Pinkie Pie didn't regain consciousness.

"Pinkie?" said Twilight as she gently shook her pink friend. "Pinkie? Are you ok? This isn't funny... Pinkie, say something!"

Author's Note:

Oh these cliffhangers... :trollestia:

Also, Pinkie Pie = fourth wall. :pinkiehappy: