• Published 4th Jul 2012
  • 16,196 Views, 413 Comments

A Different Love for a Change...ling - AngelShy24



A lone Changeling gets banished and ends up in Ponyville, where she runs into a certain Dragon.

  • ...
52
 413
 16,196

Chapter 2: A Warm Welcome in Ponyville

“Wow,” #457 thought to herself, “This town; it seemed to look a lot bigger when you’re within it.”

She had just walked into Ponyville and soon realized that the town seemed to be more resourceful than her so called ex-queen made it seem; maybe she’s just scared or something. Another thing #457 noticed was the residents of the town. Whenever one walked by her they had a cheerful smile on their face. Some of them even look at her and smiled saying a friendly ‘Hello,’ or ‘Good afternoon,’ or even ‘Aren’t you a cute little filly.’ She could practically feel the love being poured onto her; she could feel her strength returning already.

“These ponies sure are friendly,” said #457 with a bashful look on her face, “I have never felt so much love in one town. But… I wonder if they would act any differently if they knew who I really was.”

She continued to walk forward when she past by two more pony mares who were hanging out with each other. They both shouted out, “Good Afternoon, little filly!”

#457 recognized them as Lyra and Bon Bon, they were originally two of the three bridesmaids in Cadence’ and Shinning’s wedding. She smiled and waved at them while lamenting to herself, “I can’t believe what we did to those two; just to get what we wanted. If they knew who I was, they would never forgive me.”

She thought her first day here would be a lot like this; saying hi, going by, and saying hi some more and so on. However, she would soon find out that her day was about to become a little more exciting,

“Hiya, little filly!”

#457 suddenly jumped up in being surprised by the sudden loud welcoming voice behind her, and then landed on her rump.

“Aren’t you one of the cutest fillies I’ve ever seen?”

She turned around and became partially shocked… it was Pinkie Pie! Her body became a little tense knowing very well who she was. “Well, Chrysalis did say that those 6 ponies from the wedding lived here. Man, she would seem so innocent to me if I didn’t remember that party cannon of hers.”

Pinkie looked at her closely and said, “Hey, wait a minute! I don’t think I’ve ever seen you here before; and I know every-pony here in Ponyville!”

#457 began to suddenly panic upon hearing what the pink mare said, “Oh no, is she onto me? Does she suddenly know that I’m a fake pony? What if she tells the others, I’ll be sunk!”

Pinkie continued to think, then her twitching tail gave her the answer, “That must mean… ‘Gasp!’ that you’re new here! OMG! I can’t help but get too excited whenever I meet some-pony new to Ponyville. We’re going to have some fun times together and I’m going to work my hardest to make you my friend!”

#457 thought that this mare has delved in batches of sugar cookies too long. She was getting exhausted just listening to her carrying on and on; but at least she was still showing a lot of heart nonetheless.

Pinkie continued to smile at her and asked, “So, what’s your name little filly!?”

#457 suddenly stammered on her words, “M-my… name?”

“Well of course your name,” Pinkie said while hopping up and down, “Every-pony has a name silly!”

#457 was sweating more than a pony on a hot sauna day; she didn’t think of coming up with a name for her form. She thought to herself quickly and came up with a perfect name.

“It’s, um… Dragon… heart? Yeah, That’s it; Dragon Heart!”

The word ‘heart’ stood for her quest to feed upon true love and friendships, and the word ‘dragon’ stood for a certain crush she was on the lookout for.

“Dragon Heart,” wondered Pinkie, “Wowie, that’s a beautiful, yet peculiar name. My name is Pinkie Pie! If you ever want to throw a very fun and wild party, I’m your mare! Oh! Speaking of parties, I should throw you a welcoming home party; just for you!”

#457 reacted suddenly shouting out, “NO!”

Pinkie’s eyes grew wide in sudden shock hearing her answer, “No, why not?”

Being careful of not having this mare to be suspicious, she quickly came up with an alternative response.

“I mean, no, not today at least; maybe tomorrow?”

Pinkie Pie wasn’t quite sure where she was going with this, but she had an idea.

“Oh, I get it! You want me to give it to you tomorrow so you’ll have time to ask for your parents’ permission first!”

“Parents?”

“Yeah, your mommy and daddy, silly; and don’t worry, I completely understand! Just let me know if they say yay or neigh!”

#457 tried to point something out, “But, I don’t…”

However, Pinkie was already hopping away wearing a huge grin on her face.

“See ya later, alligator!”

“… Have any parents.”

To her, Ponyville had some interesting residents, but Pinkie was by far the most interesting one. But one thing was for sure; finding sources of love in this town was not going to be a difficult task.

Knowing the age her present form was in, she thought it would be more appropriate to hang out and make friends who were around that age. If she could make good friends, then perhaps she could be able to live here for a long time. Any source of energy is better than none, right?

Her senses suddenly turned her attention to two young fillies that were walking side-by-side laughing and giggling together. One was pink with a white and purplish mane wearing a tiara, and the other one was grey with a silver mane sporting a single ponytail; she was even wearing such cute glasses.

“Hey, there are two fillies hanging out over there,” she thought to herself, “they seem friendly enough.”

She started to approach towards them wearing a friendly smile on her face, but she was soon halted by somebody grabbing on to her tail. Her ears picked up a voice from behind her that sounded southern-like.

“Um, ah wouldn’t choose to become friends with those two first if I were you.”

Then she heard another voice, it sounded cute but something of the tom-boyish type.

“Yeah, those two are big meanies and would probably end up turning you into one too if you hang out with them for too long!”

Then, there was another voice; it sounded a bit childish but with a hint of elegance.

“But they would probably pick at you and call you a blank flank, seeing that you have no cutiemark and all.”

To her, these voices sounded so familiar, but why? She turned around only to find three more fillies that were around her form’s age smiling at her. A very strong positive aura was emanating from them, so they must be good friends; but could she trust them?

“Sorry we had to stop ya so suddenly like that, but you should really be thanking us; we just saved ya from huge humiliation. Oh, by the way, I’m Apple Bloom!”

“I’m Sweetie belle!”

“And I’m Scootaloo; and I came up with this clever plan!”

Her other two friends glared at her, “No ya didn’t,” shouted Apple Bloom.

“Did so,” replied Scootaloo, “I can’t help it if I had a cool idea.”

“Give us a break, Scootaloo,” shouted Sweetie belle, “being cool doesn’t always mean that you have cool ideas.”

#457 kept watching them with curious eyes as they kept exchanging words with each other. Before she knew it, they all started to get into a friendly argument about different things. She kind of chuckled to herself; she was amused by the spectacle before her.

“You guys are friends, right,” she asked.

They all suddenly stopped in their bout and blushed from embarrassment.

“Oh, sorry about that,” said Apple bloom, “We can sometimes get a little carried away when we agrue about something.”

“Yeah, it’s something friends do all the time,” added Sweetie Belle, “It’s no big deal.”

#457 definitely found that the friendly relationship between these three was something alright. She wanted to know more about them.

“Wait a minute,” she thought to herself, “now I remember! These three… they were the flower girls at the recent Canterlot wedding!” Upon finally knowing of whom they were, she suddenly had the courage to ask them something.

“Hey, so how do you girls feel about… Changelings?”

They all tensed up at the very mention of that name.

“The Changelings,” said Apple Bloom in an annoyed tone, “They are like the worst! Ah mean, posing as someone’s bride to trick every-pony just to get what they want and almost ruin a beautiful marriage? That is just downright selfish!”

#457 just smiled at them awkwardly, “Y-yeah, how selfish.”

“They’re also very scary,” added Sweetie belle, “Those glowing green eyes, and their hollow-like legs, buzzing wings, and not to mention that horrendous hissing sound! It just chills me to the bone just thinking about them.”

#457 began to regret ever asking the question in the first place.

“Ooh, those Changelings,” said Scootaloo, “I wasn’t afraid of them! If I had a chance I’d show them a good bucking or two! If they ever come back, I’d still do it! But hey, that’s highly unlikely… because… they don’t want to mess with this!”

Well, #457 definitely felt a little uncomfortable with these fillies so suddenly; she tried sneakily walk away while they complained about her species, but then Apple Bloom spoke up.

“So, why did ya ask us that? Did you have a run-in with them too?!”

“W-well, not really, I just heard about them and just thought I’d ask; being curious, you know.”

“Haven’t you ever been to filly school or something,” Sweetie Belle asked.

To make it seem obvious, she just answered, “No, not really. I’ve actually never been to a school at all.”

All three Crusaders stepped back and gasped, “You never went to school!?”

“Oh my, that’s like so embarrassing I could cry,” said an annoying, sarcastic voice.

“Oh no,” said Scootaloo rolling her eyes, “here comes the trouble duo.”

It was the two fillies that #457 spotted a minute ago; she could sense that there was something unfriendly about these two now that they were closer.

“Well, well, if it isn’t the LOSER crusaders,” taunted Diamond Tiara, “and it looks like you got another stupid addition to your hopeless cause for cutiemarks, congratulations.”

“We don’t need your sassy talk right now, Tiara,” said Apple Bloom, “Take it somewhere else!”

“What’s the matter, I just thought me and Silver Spoon could come over here and give our respects to a new filly who has never been to a school at all; but I guess it’s no surprise that she has no educational experience seeing that she’s a…” both fillies snickered and said together, “Blank Flank!!”

They both started to laugh and point at them, like they always love to do. The crusaders just stood there with little pouty looks on their faces; but #457 just calmly and quietly walked up to the both of them and gave them a look of curiosity; she then asked them, “Tell me; why do you two love to make fun of them? What do you have against… Blank Flanks?”

They both just looked at her in annoyance, then Tiara just scoffed at her, “We don’t hold anything against them, we just simply like to make fun of them. What other possible reason could we need?”

“Y-yeah, what she said,” added Sillver Spoon.”

“Well then,” said #457, “In that case…” She gave them a stare while emanating her emerald green eyes to frighten the two fillies. “I suggest that you leave… now.”

“Tiara, her eyes,” screamed Silver Spoon, “she’s making them all glowy and stuff; it’s freaking me out!”

Tiara was a bit freaked out too, but she tried to not to show it, “Well… w-w-we have something more to do than hang around here anyway! Come along Silver Spoon, and stay away from us… freak!”

The two fillies both ran off without hesitation.

“Wow, that was awesome,” shouted Scootaloo, “the way you scare you scared them off like that!”

“Did you really make your eyes all glowy and stuff,” asked Sweetie Belle, “How did you do that?!”

#457 just smiled at them feeling their friendly love energies continuing to flow through her, “Oh, it just something I actually learned to do on my own; it’s nothing really.”

“Hey, we never asked for your name,” said Apple Bloom.

Feeling more confident towards their friendship she answered, “It’s Dragonheart.”

“Well Dragonheart, it’s a pleasure to meet ya! Say, we were about to head over to my house at Sweet Apple Acres to trying something that could help us in our crusading. You want to come along?”

“R-really,” said #457, “You want me to come with you?”

“Sure thang; and who knows, ya might even earn your cutiemark there too.”

In retrospect, #457 knew that she couldn’t obtain an actual cutiemark, but she felt wonderful knowing that they actually cared for her; so she went along with it.

“Okay, I’ll go; sounds like fun.”

“Alright, we have a new member in our group,” shouted Sweetie Belle.

“Alright crusaders” shouted Scootaloo, “off to Sweet Apple Acres to strive for our cutiemarks!”

All of them, including #457 who didn’t want to feel left out, jumped up and slapped hooves, “YEAH!!!”

As they walked side-by-side towards the direction of the farm, #457 looked at them and realized that living here could be more resourceful and help her become more powerful than she counted for.

“So… this must be what true love in friendship feels like,” she thought to herself, “Who’s laughing now… Chrysalis?!”

Meanwhile, at the Library Tree, Ponyville’s dragon resident, Spike, was doing his usual assisting around the main room; and by assisting, I mean helping putting up the books the crusaders were looking at for new ideas for possible talents.

“You know Twilight; those three could have at least put away the books that they were searching through when they finished.”

“Oh don’t worry about it, Spike; I’m pretty sure they didn’t mean it. Besides, they look like they were in quite a hurry.”

“Yeah… in a hurry to eagerly try and obtain pretty little pictures on their flanks.”

Twilight just chuckled a bit at Spike’s frustration as she was using her magic to put away some of the books. But, she looked over on her right side only to find Apple Bloom’s backpack still lying on the ground.

“Aw shoot looks like Apple Bloom left her bag here and didn’t notice.”

Spike just smirked, “See, if they weren’t in such a… ‘Hurry,’ that kind of thing wouldn’t have happened.”

“You’re right, Spike.”

“Of course I’m right.”

“Yep, this is why you can return it to her.”

Spike’s jaw just dropped wearing eyes of dispointment, “What, why do I have to return it to her?!”

“Come on you can do it, my little assistant.”

Being Twilight loyal assistant, he couldn’t resist Twilight’s sweet talk and persuasive ways of asking for his help.

“Well, alright, but only because you asked nicely.”

Twilight snickered a little again, “Don’t worry Spike, while you go over to Apple Bloom’s place and give that back, I’ll finish things here. Afterwards, you can do whatever you want for the rest of the day; if you want that is.”

“Gee, thanks Twilight. I am a little tuckered out.” He was about to walk out of the door with the backpack, then he looked back at Twilight, “But I promise, as soon as I rest, I’ll be happy to assist you again!” Then he ran out the door.

Twilight just smiled and shook her head. She was so proud of Spike’s dedication to wanting to assist her all the time, but she didn’t want the poor dragon to run himself ragged.

Meanwhile, as Spike began his way in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres, he paused in his step as he felt a little itch in his nose flare up; he prepared to sneeze.

“AHH…AHHHHHH….AHHHHHHHHH-CHOOOOOOO!!!”

He made a few ponies nearby jump as little flares shot out of his mouth.

“Wow, some-pony must be talking about me… or thinking about me,” he said in a sly-like voice. He brushed his claw across his snout while smiling.

“Aw yeah, spike, you still have the ol’ irresistible charm.”