• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 2,775 Views, 49 Comments

Twilight vs Tirek - RainbowSparkle3



After Tirek released Twilight's friends, instead of letting Tirek steal all her alicorn magic, Twilight teleports her friends to a safe place and resumes her intense batle with Tirek...

  • ...
7
 49
 2,775

Training

Once we arrived at the barren wasteland, I decided to assess Starlight’s magical prowess in battle. “Alright. So, how about we start off with a good old fashioned magic duel?”

Starlight grinned and her voice adapted a competitive edge. "Oh, I'm game. Though I don't suppose you might be willing to hold back a little, because, you know. I'm a unicorn and you have the strength of 4 alicorns. You weren't exaggerating when you said that, right?" The confidence in her voice quickly subsided when she remembered that not an hour ago, she had tried to take away the thing that made my friends special, and that she was speaking to a princess.

I shook my head. "No, it's true. And don’t worry, I was planning to use less than half of my power anyways."

Starlight sighed in obvious relief, regaining a confident expression. "Okay. Let's battle." For a few seconds, we merely glared at each other. Tension filling the air, both of us analyzed the other, cautiously waiting for any movement.

“Draw!”

Finally, Starlight made the opening move, whipping her head backwards momentarily while charging up a magical blast. I too began charging my horn, though in a somewhat less dramatic manner. We simultaneously shot our beams, huge waves of purple energy erupting from the center of the collision, blinding both of us.

I tried to squint through the light, but I quickly realized sight wasn't going to help me here. Closing my eyes again, I concentrated to sense any signs of powerful magic, and I did, several meters northwest of me. Now knowing her location, I teleported right next to Starlight, to her shock. She summoned a hastily created magical shield to block herself from my surprise attack, but it was useless. My energy ripped through her feeble shield effortlessly and knocked her backwards. I didn't let up on my assault though. I rapidly galloped over to her just as she stood up, and this time she was ready.

Starlight blasted her magic at me, hitting me straight in the chest, to which I responded with a gasp of pain. The leftover magic from our earlier clash was beginning to dissipate, but I was going to utilize the momentary advantage as long as possible, so I fled into the light.

Starlight followed almost instantaneously, but she couldn't find me, as she didn't yet know how to sense magic. Something I would later learn. I flew circles around her, launching quick magical blasts at her blind spots, all of which landed due to her still being blinded. Eventually, she yelled in frustration and leapt out of the blinding field of magical light. I slowly lowered myself onto the ground and decided to rest until Starlight could see me again, which was about half a minute, give or take a few seconds.

"Aha!" She exclaimed as she finally saw me again, and she deftly discharged an intense beam of magic she had been charging for a while. I had sensed her preparing a strong attack, though, and I wasn't in the least bit surprised when she released her magic.

I easily evaded it, and responded in kind, but she managed to dodge at the last second. Starlight was visibly exhausted at this point, breathing heavily from the extensive use of magic, while I was just fine. I concernedly asked, "Do you think I should tone it down a bit? I am using power a fair bit above yours, so maybe I should use less of it?" When Starlight collapsed onto the ground and didn't respond, I galloped over to her, and worriedly yelled, "Starlight!? Are you okay?"

I was relieved as she rose her head and nodded. "Yeah, I'm...FINE!!!" Her sudden exclamation startled me and I jumped back a little bit. By the time I realized what she was doing, it was too late. She smiled mischievously and launched a powerful blast that hit me square in the chest, and I yelled in pain as I got thrown backwards. Starlight used Accelero to rapidly get behind me and hit me with another beam in the back, which then propelled me forwards. She used teleportation to get in front of me and shot another beam of magic at me. She continuously teleported and struck me in different places, then finally combined Accelero with Similo Duplexis to create a clone of herself, and each Starlight charged up an extremely powerful, huge blast, and knocked me down into the ground with it from above.

I was bruised all over, and barely able to keep my consciousness. Starlight teleported in front of me, and cheered, "I won! I won! I beat a princess!" She then noticed my condition, and quietly said, "Oh...I overdid it, didn't I? Sorry about that, it's just, I've never met someone so powerful before, and I guess I got a little too excited, and went overboard."

I gave her an unamused look as I fell unconscious.

When I came to, I was lying in the same place, with Starlight looking at me worriedly. When she saw I was awake, she smiled and offered me her hoof. I took it, and standing up, I brushed off the dust that had collected on my coat. I gave Starlight an annoyed look, and scolded, "You're a powerful unicorn, Starlight. This means you have to keep tabs on your magic! If you don't, you could very well do more harm than good!"

Starlight looked down at the ground and mumbled, "I understand. I'm sorry." My expression softened a little, and I draped a wing over her, startling her momentarily.

"It's okay. I know what it's like feeling like you have all the power in the world, and you just want to be able to let it run wild." I chuckled a little as I thought about my earlier attempt at manipulating the Sun and Moon.

Starlight smiled. "Alright! Let’s continue training! We've only got a week left until we face off against Tirek, and if he's as powerful as I've heard, we don't have a moment to waste!"

I couldn’t help but chuckle at her eagerness. As untamed as her magic might’ve been, that unicorn sure had a lot of potential. I nodded, and then began speaking. "There's a few small tips I can give you that would really help your battle skills, judging by what I've seen of your fighting style so far. The most important one I can give you is..

Author's Note:

Yay! This story's not dead! How did you think of the fight? I haven't wrote a fight scene in a while, so I'd like to know if you think I've improved, gotten worse, or stayed the same. Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the next chapter's battle :twilightsmile: