• Published 21st Feb 2017
  • 2,775 Views, 49 Comments

Twilight vs Tirek - RainbowSparkle3



After Tirek released Twilight's friends, instead of letting Tirek steal all her alicorn magic, Twilight teleports her friends to a safe place and resumes her intense batle with Tirek...

  • ...
7
 49
 2,775

Twilight's Mission

This day's just been getting better and better. First, I was humiliated by Tirek. Then, when I had to flee, and I went to the village I'd dropped my friends at, they were gone. The village's leader, Starlight, denied ever seeing them and chuckled deviously when offering to give me a tour around the village. I obviously declined.

Many hours later, I was searching top to bottom, all around for any signs of them, but nothing! Grr, I was really getting frustrated. It was the middle of the night now, and I was hardly able to keep my eyes open. Between battling Tirek and searching for my friends AND a distinct lack of rest, exhaustion was finally starting to catch up with me. And to make matters worse, I didn’t come across any clues whatsoever. Not even a stray feather or footprint. I guess I'm not that great of a detective.

I tiredly flapped my wings as I descended slowly onto the ground for the 100th time, finally giving up the search and deciding to sleep before resuming my investigation. I could really use it. Just then, though, I heard a familiar voice from above, and I looked up. The sight that greeted my eyes was a very welcome one, albeit a tad confusing because I had to wonder what in the name of Celestia she was doing up there, all alone. So, I walked forward, meeting her at the place she landed, and just as she looked up, I whispered, "Fluttershy?"

The startled pegasus briefly jumped back at the sight of me, but quickly calmed down after realizing who I was. "I-is that you, Twilight?" I nodded, and a smile slowly spread across her face. She jumped on me suddenly, and captured me in a tight embrace, "Oh, I'm so glad you're here! I was starting to panic, I, what I saw, it, it, was just, I-," I stopped her mid sentence as she was speaking way too fast.

"Whoa, there, Fluttershy, slow down. I can't understand a word you're saying!"

She stopped mid-sentence and took a couple deep breaths, before calming down and blushing slightly. Fluttershy then proceeded to tell me everything that happened while I was off fighting Tirek. Starting from my friends arrival at the village and its inner workings, to how they all got captured and finally how they intended to escape and Fluttershy's discovery about Starlights cutie mark.

I closed my eyes and silently went over everything she had told me, then said reassuringly, "Don't worry, come with me and I'll bust open that door, then we can discuss a new plan." Fluttershy nodded, and she led me to the place my friends were being kept.

I levitated the door away carefully, so as not to draw any unwanted attention, and then walked up to my sleeping friends, silently nudging them awake. They all yawned and slowly opened their sleepy eyes, then seeing me, everypony's eyes shot wide open, and almost simultaneously, they all yelled, "Twilight!?" and I quickly conjured up a noise proof barrier, before they could wake up the entire village.

"Yes, it's me, and before you ask, no, Tirek hasn't been defeated," I said, causing their expression to go from confused to disappointed. "Look, girls, there's no time to be down, I have a plan, and I need you all to listen up." My friends regained their composure and their ears perked up, all eyes on me.

I took a deep breath and filled them in on my plan. Once I’d finished, everyone thought about it, then eventually nodded their heads in agreement. Once I knew the vote was unanimous in favor of the plan, I said, "So, like we discussed, I'll be waiting behind this little house, and after I've done my part, Fluttershy will come in." Everypony once again nodded, prompting Fluttershy and me to take our leave, carefully levitating the door back into its hinges. Before Fluttershy went back to Starlight's for the night, she hesitated, nervously fidgeting around before saying what was on her mind. "Are you sure this is going to work, Twilight? I-I don't mean your plan isn't good, it's just, I don't know if I can do my part."

I gave her a warm smile in an effort to calm her down. “Don’t worry, Fluttershy. If anything happens, I’ll step in. Go get some rest, and I’ll see you tomorrow, along with everypony else, who’ll also help if necessary.”

That seemed to have calmed her down a bit, as she gave me a smile, albeit a weak one. “ Alright then. Goodnight, Twilight.”

"Goodnight," I said back. Once Fluttershy was out of sight, I went to hide behind the little house in which my friends were held captive and waited for morning to come. I tried to sleep, but instead I just kept mulling over the plan in my head for the whole night. By morning, it was so instilled in my head, I could probably remember every detail 100 years in the future, but, I was really tired. And hungry.

I was half asleep when the sun rose over the horizon, but the sound of Starlight talking to my friends was enough to kick me into gear and become alert, patiently waiting to intervene. "I've got a good feeling about today," Starlight declared. "So, do any of you have anything you’d like to say?" she asked. After a few seconds, I decided it was time to step in.

I walked forward, making Starlight's smile vanish. She looked confused and maybe even a little bit worried. "So," I said. "You've never seen my friends, huh?" Starlight chuckled, then took a step back and replied.

"Well, once your friends had been equalized, I thought you would see that it was for the best, and you would join us. We are all equal here," Starlight did her best to sound confident, but nervousness was clearly recognizable in her voice and she was slowly backing up. Above Starlight, Fluttershy had a bucket of water, and boldly asked, "Then how do you explain this!?" She threw the water down at Starlight, who managed to deftly dodge while covering herself with her hoof.

Starlight looked up at Fluttershy and glowered at her. "I knew you couldn't be trusted," she furiously exclaimed, while Fluttershy matched Starlight's death glare with one of her own. Just then, Party Favor nervously stepped out of the room of equalization, and noticing water drip down Starlight's flank, exposing a little bit of her cutie mark, he took off his clothing and quickly wiped the rest of the fake equal sign off, taking her by surprise. "No, get away!" she urgently said, waving her hoof at him. However, the damage was already done, and the village ponies gasped, aghast at the sight before them.

The entire philosophy they had lived by was a lie. The very pony who had founded their beliefs was the one who broke them. They could barely process it, the very thing their leader had declared as evil was sitting right on her flank, underneath the thin layer of a lie; was a cutie mark.

Starlight glanced down and recoiled, covering her cutie mark with her tail, and in a panicky voice, asked, "W-what are you looking at? They're the problem, not me!" I smiled smugly at Starlight, my friends stepping forward to join me.

Starlight was now positively livid, but I wasn't worried. Soon, the whole village would be against her, and everypony would get their cutie marks back. "How could you?" Party Favor asked sadly, pouting immediately after.

"You said cutie marks were evil. You said special talents led to pain and heartache." Double Diamond frowned, a heartbroken look in his eyes.

"They do!" Starlight exclaimed, "Don't you see? Look at them!" she pointed at the six of us huddled together.

"Then why? Why did you take ours and not give up your own?" Sugar Belle asked, walking forward glumly. Starlight nervously began to sweat and thought hastily about what to say. She was visibly desperate, but at the same time furious.

"I-I had to, you fools! How could I collect your cutie marks without my magic?" Starlight said loudly.

"But the Staff has all the magic we need!" the dark pegasus next to Sugar Belle said.

"The Staff is a piece of wood I found in the desert! It's my magic that makes all this possible. You'd all still be living your miserable lives, thinking you're better than everypony else, if it weren't for my magical abilities!" Starlight revealed with arrogance and annoyance. "I brought you friendship, I brought you equality! I CREATED HARMONY!!!" She shouted, getting louder with each and every word.

"But you lied to us!" Double Diamond noted.

"So what? Everything else I said is true. The only way to be happy is if we're all equal." Starlight said while walking forward confidently.

"Except for you," Party Favor snarled viciously, all traces of remorse gone. This halted Starlight, and she turned around, narrowing her eyes and charging up powerful magic into her horn. It paled in comparison to Tirek’s or my own, but would still be more than enough to harm somepony. So, I stepped in. "Everypony has unique talents and gifts, and when we share them with each other, that's how we-," I was lecturing, wearing a trademark teacher smile, before Starlight cut me off aggressively.

"QUIET!!!" She yelled, veins bulging in her neck, obviously startling me.

"You can't have that cutie mark, Starlight. Either we're all equal, or none of us are," Sugar Belle stated matter-of-factly, and everypony voiced their agreement. Then, all of us started surrounding Starlight, and she looked around, her confidence slipping away with each moment, panic taking over her expression.

Once we were almost in a complete circle around her, she summoned a burst of magic, blasting everypony backwards. Through the opening she created, Starlight fled to the safety of her house. "Come on, let's get our cutie marks back!" Double Diamond shouted, rallying the villagers, and they all screamed one big battle cry, charging to the Vault.

"Come on, let's go get our cutie marks!" Rainbow Dash started flying in the direction of the vault as well, but Fluttershy stopped her.

She told Rainbow, "Our cutie marks aren't in the Vault." Which everypony but me were surprised about, as she had told me this the night before. "They're in there, with her." She pointed at the suddenly gloomy looking house. Tall, dark shadows hanging over the house of Starlight Glimmer.

Author's Note:

Sorry there was such a long hiatus on this, but I have reasons. One is, I've been really lazy. :twilightsheepish: Also, I made 2 complete stories from scratch while I was gone. Anyways, I hope my writing has improved at least a tiny bit since I left this series, and that you enjoy it! :pinkiehappy: Also, if you have any criticism or have an idea of why this stories feedback isn't entirely positive, I would be happy to hear your thoughts in the comment section below. :twilightsmile: