• ...
0
 10
 1,065

The First Encounter

T.I.M.E B-R-O-K-E

Chapter 2 : The First Encounter

The mare seemed startled by her coltfriends question. Why would he ever want to go out of the TARDIS and search around? They don't know what kind of things were out there and was era they had popped into. They could have popped up in the future or in that 'human' world Lyra Heartstrings always would rant over. CloudChaser let out a sigh and obeyed her lovers demand and trotted over to the cylinder and opened a hatch,where the Doctor told her he kept most of the things they would need if they ever had a blackout in the TARDIS. She took out two flashlights for both of the ponies to carry then she made sure she shut the hatch before hoofing over one of the flashlights to her companion before the two beings stepped out of the TARDIS together and began to trot down the corridor. The corridor wasn't as bad as Cloud thought; It was actually pretty cozy in here..That is until they reached the door at the end of the hall. The door was a large green steel door and it seemed pretty normal other then the fact some spots of blood were splattered across the window on the other side as if the thing had really hurt itself while trying to get in here. Thankfully,This encounter was in the past since the blood had dried already and when Cloud peered through the window she didn't see anything waiting on the other side for them.

The two then both reached for the door at the same time and touched hooves,Cloud immediately shot at glare at Alex and he seemed surprised at how she reacted to just a slight touch. Plus; Alex thought it was pretty romantic anyhow. Despite the glare she shot Alex and how mad she suddenly seemed she managed to force open the heavy green door and step inside in a..stairway? They had just gone through a corridor and now they had to go down atleast 30 flights! There were maybe even more then that but when CloudChaser shined her light down she could make out there were 13 steps until there was landing,where one dim and flickering light was placed. Though only four of the platforms had these lights so Cloud and Alex were just going to have to use their flashlights for the rest of the way. Alex didn't really seem to be all that happy about trotting off down these dark,musty steps with cobwebs on some of the railings but who was he to speak when he was the one who had more or less forced Cloud to get the flashlights to look around this strange,empty warehouse.

As the ponies began descend down the stairwell everything was pretty much normal; It was just a boring stairway that seemed to have no end to it. As the ponies continued on the way down Cloud could have swore she heard faint crying from what sounded like a filly near the bottom of the staircase,though whenever Cloud would take a step forward it seemed like the filly or colt would take a step down.

“Hey, do you hear that?” Alex’s right ear twitches at the faint sound of the pleading foal.

“Yeah..That crying noise.” Cloud paused and thought about it for a moment. What would a foal be doing down here? Cloud seemed to question the crying for a minute,afterall; It seemed kinda of out of place for a pony so young to be ‘hiding’ down in here and who is to say its a foal anyhow? It could be some type of small animal making those crying sounds.

“Whatever it is, I don’t trust it, even though if it's a filly or a colt. What crazy mother would abandon its own foal in this place? Anyhow, we need to see what is down there and maybe find an answer of where we are and when...” Alex replied, not caring if the foal is really a pony or not. From their ‘random’ mishap, they found themselves in an other world and they must find a solution and return back to Equestria before the Doctor would realise what they have done.

As Cloud listened to her coltfriends words it made it seem as if he was being insensitive and just didn’t want to help the poor thing. Whatever it was, it was in distress and it sounded like it was in serious trouble and was just waiting for somepony like Cloud to come along and help it,even though Cloud was just doubting that it was even a real foal a few minutes ago. She knew her companion was only meaning well and just wanted to get out of this place but whenever a small animal or younger being got involved Cloud would totally forget about where she is and focus on helping the small creature.

The two went down more and more stairs before they reached the 27’th flight, about 200 Meters below the surface. The air dense and the metallic bars were rusted and the paint on them were scrapped. Alex knew that this was a bad sign of something but Cloud’s helping attitude pushed her further down the flights. He had no choice but to follow and protect his love from any danger.

At around the 33’th flight, the two stopped for a break. Alex was just warming up but Cloud’s feint fright and temptation to save the foal pushed her into exhaustion.

“How much lower can these stairs go...?” muttered Cloud annoyed of the ridiculous length of the staircase. Alex peaked over the railings and pointed his flashlight downwards, the darkness absorbed most of their source of light they had.

“I can’t see more then two meters down...” answered Alex, disappointed by the power of the flashlight. Cloud watched as her coltfriend tried to look over but despite the effort, it was for nothing.

A sudden air flow rustled both ponies and their flashlights got weaker, Cloud hit her flashlight to bring the power back but a chilled air went past her back, as she turned around, a large shadow with bright eyes approached to attack her.

“EEEP!” shouted Cloud at the sight of the attacker and bumped into Alex’s neck,causing him to drop his flashlight and nearly fall over the railing himself. The shadow faded away as it got close to them.

“What’s wrong Cloudy?” spoke Alex, immediately grabbing ahold of her hoof and pulling her in close to him in attempt to comfort her,though this didn’t seem to be working all too good since Cloud was already struggling to get out of Alex’s arms to look around for whatever that thing was that had attacked her.

“I...I saw something. A s-shadow... thing. It came to me and...” Cloud struggled to explain what she saw but noticing it disappeared proved to be useless. Alex didn’t seem to believe her story about a ‘shadow’ and shook his head and replied back.

“Maybe this darkness makes us both see things, for a second before you slammed me, I thought I saw a bright light at the bottom... If it was the bottom.” Cloud wrinkled up her nose at Alex,he was really starting to tick her off with this nonsense. It wasn’t her fault she got freaked over whatever that thing was. She managed to get out of Alexs grip after awhile to shoot him a glare. “Hmpf! It isn’t my fault for being scared! You can act all tough guy but on the inside I bet you are screaming and crying like a little foal!” She said sharply to him before trotting down the stairs,forgetting to bring her flashlight with her she had quickly disappeared into the darkness.

Alex picked up the only flashlight they had with his wing and spoke down to her. “Ok now you are taking this too personal... The thing is we need to get out of here, do you think I am not scared? I am more scared then I should be but this does not stop me from getting outta’ here...” he continued to lower down the flights in search of his marefriend in the pitch blackness of the stairwell. It seemed like the further they went down the more darker it became.

“Where are you, Cloud? How down did you go...?” again spoke up Alex, trying to contact Cloudchaser from the distance they had but everytime he would call out to her only silence would answer. Alex was starting to get chills from being alone and also not to mention somepony else was breathing around Alex, he could not locate where it was since it was synchronized with his, only louder. He decided to ignore it and quickly reunite with his marefriend before worser things would happen.

Cloud was near the 50’th flight and felt like she was near the bottom of this endless pit of stairs but something inside of her told her that there were more flights to come which didn’t make sense to Cloud really. It seemed this part of the building where they shown up to more or less had a staircase to nowhere. Usually for stairwells there would be doors on the platforms that would lead to office departments but for this stairwell it was just cold brick walls. Cloud could still hear the crying of whatever it was down below her and really the noise was starting to hurt her fragile ears since every time it would plead it would echo throughout the stairwell,making her ears ring and sometimes Cloud felt like the crying and the voice was in her head.

Alex shined his flashlight and saw Cloudchaser resting for a while at one of the flights, he got close and looked at her.

“What were you thinking, leaving out with no light?” muttered Alex to her, quite caring for her random leave.

Cloud looked up at Alex and shrugged,stomping one of her hooves on the ground. “I was thinking I could get away from you for awhile.” She told him,blinking and moving her hoof above her eyes to shield them from the light coming from the flashlight Alex was holding.

“Because I am more caring of leaving this place more then going in for the child?” answered Alex, lowering the flashlight from her eyes and looking down the flight of stairs.

Cloud lowered her hoof at the same time he lowered the flashlight and let out a sigh. “Yeah. How would you like it if you were a foal and was trapped in a place like this? I would be pretty pissed off if nopony came and saved me.” She remarked,looking down the stairs to see yet another landing but this one was slightly different since there was blood spots trailing down the steps down to the other levels. The blood was dried like whatever was bleeding had moved on by now and was further down then they were..Though the blood spots didn’t make any sense. Why didn’t Cloud see any on the other levels?

“Right...Anyhow. Let’s see how many more steps there are until we reach the botto--” Alex got interrupted as a stone scraping sound was heard above them. Both Cloud and Alex got close to each other and looked up the staircase, it was nothing. But the feeling in the air shifted and Cloud felt her stomach lurch. There was something wrong. It was creepy before but now it got even worse just over hearing that sound. Cloud swallowed back her lunch and coughed,pressing her hoof over her mouth to keep from actually getting sick.She was due to throw up over the Apple Jack Daniels she and Alex drank earlier but this kind of ‘getting sick’ was different. It was because of the feeling of dread. Alex kept staring up at the stairs and noticed nothing, his shoulders and back began to shiver, he was scared as well, the feeling the two had were different.

“W-What was that...?” said Alex before he looked at his marefriend. “Are you alright, Cloud?” he pointed his flashlight to her to see what is wrong with her.

“N-No..” She replied,pressing her hooves against her ears. The ringing had grown louder and the crying and pleading would not stop replaying itself in her mind. She could feel her lunch coming up again and finally was forced to actually throw up this time. She had never felt so sick in her life. Cloud managed to keep calm after puking and sat down,removing her hooves from her ears after awhile to soak in the crying and pleading once more.

The two stood looking at eachother before the silence was broken by the same, loud breathing Alex heard before, his ears lowered and slowly turned along with his flashlight back up towards the staircase. There was nothing else to see since the darkness got thicker, but something was there. As Alex pointed up, the flashlight was effective but from the top of the flight, in the dark, stood a bright white face, staring down at them. It was a pony’s head and everything appeared to be normal about it other then the fact it had no nostrils, pupils and a mouth.

The ‘face’ did no other action, it did not move, breathe or speak but the sound of a loud breathing broke the silence. Alex and Cloud stood in shock, staring straight at it.

“W-W-What is t-that?” trembled Cloudchaser in fear, getting even closer to Alex.

Alex did not speak and kept silence at the sight of the weird being. He trembled in fright and began to sweat from his forehead. He pushed his partner to tell her to proceed down the stairway to ignore the face, maybe it won’t follow them. The two began to move slowly down the stairs, still having their eyes locked on the face, it did not follow but turned at them going up the flight of stairs.

Cloud really didn’t know what to say but after a moment she blinked and moved her gaze off of the face,bolting down the stairs,screaming and yelling for some one to help her. She nearly fell over some of the steps but she used her wings to hover herself over the ground just before she would fall. She was panting like a dog and seemed to be having some kind of panic attack but thankfully it didn’t seem like it would be fatal enough to kill her or make her pass out.

Alex jolted down the stairs as well, screaming out random words due to his own panic. He slid at each end of the stairs and continued down until he reached the location where Cloudchaser was.

“Cloudy’...Hold on...” panted Alex, trying to communicate with her.

“Y-Yeah, I’m fine... Is that thing after us...?” replied Cloudchaser, looking up the flight of stairs. Alex pointed his flashlight upwards and the face was nowhere to be seen.

Alex shook in head in denial and pointed downwards. The stairs were broken and crashed down, their way was blocked.

As they started to think over to fly down, a stone grinding rumbled through the staircase and exposed a stone room.

“What the...?” muttered Alex curiously. He pointed the light inside and nothing was seen, the walls were untouched and there was no sign of blood or scraping. “Quick, let’s get inside...” spoke up Alex, pulling his partner with his wing inside. The brick wall closed behind them, isolating them inside the cubic room.

“Where are we?” asked Cloudchaser, looking around the cubical room until she notices an entry through a hallway. She grabbed the flashlight Alex was holding and pointed in it. It was made of red bricks and the corridor had a sharp turn to the right. “A hallway...?”

“It’s looks more like a corridor to me...” corrected Alex, looking into the same direction where Cloud was looking but he immediately got slapped by one of her wings.

“Don’t correct me! I’m the one that corrects around here...Alright?” complained Cloudchaser, scrunching her nose at him. Alex rolled his eyes and rubbed the spot where he got slapped, he went next to the wall and rested.

“I say we should rest for a while...” said Alex, making room for her to rest beside him. Cloudchaser, annoyed by his sudden correction, hesitated at first but got close to him and rested beside him, the two both closed their eyes and fell into a peaceful nap.

.

Comments ( 4 )

866482


Thank you for reading! I just posted up the next chapter for all the readers. *-*

Da stairs of doom.

Amnesia + ponies. :pinkiegasp: sssssshhhhhhhhhhhheeee..... so looking forward to more. :moustache:

I love amnesia and MLP so this is going to be so awesome! /)^3^(\

Login or register to comment