• Published 22nd Jan 2017
  • 2,569 Views, 115 Comments

Time Problems with the Sun - KingJoltik



Celestia was having a bad week. Discord had came back from his stone prison and now her student almost went crazy. All she wants is some peace. Too bad an interdimensional time magister decided to visit as well.

  • ...
7
 115
 2,569

The Art of Bribery and the Fun it Makes

Bribery. To some, it's a crime. To others, it's a way of influencing others, gaining favor and helping anyone get exactly what they want. As for why this subject came up, well...despite Celestia wanting to gorge in on her collection of cakes, her eyes saw the waterfall of drool dripping from Chrono's mouth.

"So, would you like some cake as well Chrono Stream?" Celestia asked with a smirk.

"Uh-huh." Chrono nodded, his eyes still entranced with the sight of the three triple decker cakes. "Chocolate..."

"Well then..." Celestia's horn glowed as her magic aura turned into a shape of a knife and cut out a slice. She levitated the slice over to the colt, only for him to immediately wolf down the treat. Celestia giggled at the sight while the doctor facehoofed. "My my Chrono Stream, were you hungry?"

"Your majesty! Please don't do that! He's still recovering!" Preventer yelled as Celestia just waved it off, ready to cut Chrono another slice of cake. The doctor's horn began to shine as he tried to make sure Celestia didn't give him another piece of food. It was here that Chrono first truly noticed magic and his eyes widened at the sight.

Noticing this, Celestia quickly asked, "Is something wrong?"

"Um...how are you doing that?" he said as he gulped the last piece down.

"Doing what?"

"That." he pointed at her horn and the aura carrying away a piece of cake.

"That's magic." Celestia replied, making Chrono's head tilt in confusion. "Have you never seen magic before?"

"Um...no? I'm not sure." he said as he watched the slice of cake being used as a magical tug-of-war between the princess and the doctor. His mind continued to wander as he started to reach for the slice. Okay. Never seen that before...and it looks like I said the wrong thing. Gotta be careful here.

"I must say, it's very unusual that you don't know magic but..." Celestia wanted to continue but Chrono was already devouring another slice. Instead, she just blinked and chuckled. Strange. It's odd that an alicorn doesn't know what magic is...but that's not a bad thing.

As Chrono finished the slice, Celestia showed her usual calm smile as she asked. "So Chrono, could you tell me a little bit about yourself?"

"Uh..." Chrono stuttered, his mind screaming at him. Don't say anything! Don't tell her anything! Don't tell her that you have no idea where you are or what you are right now! She's royalty and that means she'll be important to this world's timeline and you have to make sure you don't create a paradox! You already gave her a hint about your time-traveling background with your stupid makeshift name! His mind then sucked in a bunch of 'air' and let out one last giant scream. DON'T SAY ANYTHING AND STUFF YOUR FACE WITH CAKE SO YOU CAN'T TALK!

"I'll let you have another slice."

"I have no idea where I am or what species I am right now." he suddenly sputtered out. As the words flew out of his mouth, his mind began kicking his brain in a blind rage. WHAT THE **** DID I JUST SAY?! WHY THE **** DID YOU JUST SAY THAT YOU ******* STUPID DIMENSIONAL **** SPACE-STINKING **** HEAD!!!

Celestia just blinked at the statement while Chrono sat there, his mind still yelling at him. She wasn't sure what exactly to say, which was something she hadn't experienced in some time. The last time involved an incident between Luna, Philomena and several legions of pillow forts. That Philomena had somehow not burned. It took Celestia ten minutes before finally saying, 'You're getting your own pet Luna.' However, in this scenario, her mind told her one thing. The alicorn foal before you for some reason, doesn't know what they are. You must help this colt.

Letting out a small cough, Celestia spoke up while Chrono was still sitting there, his brain fried from his mistake. Thankfully, her cough knocked him out of the trance. "Listen um...Chrono Stream? You just said that you don't know what you are, correct?"

"Um..." Chrono muttered while mind kept yelling. Eat the cake you idiot! Don't tell her anything! Don't do it!

Seeing the sweat pour down his face, Celestia raised her hoof and tapped his chin. "It's okay. You don't have to be afraid. If you don't know, I understand."

Don't talk! Don't say anything! Eat cake now! his brain continued to scream. However, as Chrono sat there, he felt a certain warmth. He knew he had to complete his mission, make sure there were no paradoxes or anything. And yet, he couldn't help but feel comfortable in Celestia's presence. Her smile just made all his fears go away. "Um...you said your name is Celestia, right?"

"That's correct." Celestia nodded as she gave the doctor a slight glare. She knew he would immediately speak up and tell the colt that he had to respect the Princess's title, but now was not the time for that. Celestia then turned back to the colt and kept smiling. "Listen Chrono, if you don't want to talk about it, I understand. I just want to help you."

Don't say anything! Don't...don't...we're not getting out of this, are we? his mind asked himself. Chrono looked down at the bed covers and let out a sigh. Darn it. I can't escape this, can I? I'm in a foreign body, so I probably don't know how to walk properly. That means I can't get out of this room without some difficulty. Not only that... he looked at his hoof, seeing a small line that no one else in the room could see. I can't check the timeline here. If I just sit here, staring at my...arm? Not sure if this is an arm or...whatever. Doesn't matter. Point is, if I just stare at my 'arm', they're gonna get suspicious. If that's the case, my best option here is...

Chrono then looked up at the princess and, despite his mind wanting to warn him, he spoke up, "I need your help. Will you help me figure out why I'm like this?"

"Of course." Celestia nodded again. "But when you mean 'like this', do you mean...why you're an alicorn?"

"Yeah. At least, if that's what I am right now, then yes. Please help me."

"Very well." Celestia then patted his shoulder and gave a wide grin. "If that's the case, I will do everything in my power to help you. But first..." she turned to Death Preventer. "Is all his checkups done?"

"Well, with the exception of testing his magic potential, yes. He's in perfect health. No bruises or injuries despite being found in that crater."

"That's fine. We'll check that later." Celestia turned back to Chrono and extended her wings around him. "Let's get you out of the infirmary and get you to a proper room."

"A room?" Chrono asked, his head slightly tilted at the news.

"Yes. You are an alicorn after all. Alicorns are very special ponies and I will be helping you understand that." Celestia chuckled at her own words. "It's a long explanation. We'll get to that later."

"I see. So..." Chrono felt a slight tinge in his stomach as he asked the next question. "What exactly does being an 'alicorn' as you said it, mean for me?"

"Simple." Celestia leaned down and hugged him. "I'm gonna adopt you! Welcome to the family!"

Oh, you have got to be ******* kidding me. I am so creating a ******* ten million paradoxes by doing this, aren't I? he gulped as his next thoughts went through his head. I just hope my boss doesn't find out...or one of those space manipulating ****heads.

Celestia's hug soon grew tighter until she suddenly let go. As Chrono slumped over from the embracement, the alicorn of the sun let out a cheer. "Alrighty Chrono Stream! Let's get you a room and some more cake!"

Hearing the word 'cake' made another shiver go down his spine as his stomach and his brain began another war. He knew he was in trouble when his mouth soon joined the battle with it's legion of drool at it's side. That and the thoughts, Hey, there's cake. Can't be too bad if there's cake. His body soon followed Celestia as a giant magic aura picked him up and dragged him through the air.

I am so ******* screwed.

Author's Note:

PLEASE READ!!!

A recent commenter brought a certain time traveler character well known to mlp and wanted to know if they'd pop up. I'm gonna be straight up honest here, he's not appearing. This story already has a very...random nature to it and based on what both me and Silvak want to write here. He just wouldn't fit in terms of what is going to happen in this story.

Technically, you could say he could fit...but that doesn't mean the story will improve because he's there. Because of this, he's not popping up. We're making are own rules in this story in terms of time travel and there's no need to add a character that will add even more rules, especially if they could end up interfering and make things way too difficult to write. Please understand this and apologies to fans of the character.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter!