• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 1,316 Views, 39 Comments

Clara Terram: The Other Side Of The World - Bucking Nonsense



It Begins With Small Things: A Filly, A Scroll, A Smartpone. However, Because Of These Things, Equestria Soon Finds Itself Catapulted Into A Larger World, And Finds Itself Suddenly Far Behind It's New Friends... And Enemies...

  • ...
6
 39
 1,316

Intrerlude: Friends In Far Off Places

Clara Terram, The Meeting Room Of The Nine Knights Of Chroma...

Orange, The Knight Of The Golden Fortunes: So, still no sign of her?

Green, The Knight Of The Green Fields: Nopony has come forward yet, at least nopony credible. There's been a few fakers, of course, but that's to be expected: Some ponies just don't understand how The Cycle works. They think we just look for ponies with strong potential or a strong likeness to the original to fill the role, rather than wait for a current member's incarnation to step forward. You can't fake being one of the Chroma, especially in the presence of one of the other Chroma. We've known each other too well for too long.

Blue, The Knight Of The Flowing Waters: A shame that there are ponies who understand so little, but what can you expect? Only about 5% of the population have sufficient magical ability to 'close the gap' between birth and death, if that, and until you've done it, you can never understand what it entails. Probably for the best: I've... seen what is waiting on the other side. If I didn't have responsibilities here, I wouldn't bother coming back.

Red, The Knight Of Iron And Blood: And nopony would hold it against you. But that raises a question: Could Royal Purple have decided to just pass on? She's the first and the oldest, so if anypony has earned it, she has.

Yellow, The Knight Of Dazzling Lights: And she knows how bad things could get if she leaves. Her sense of responsibility is the strongest of all of us. No, something must have happened. Maybe she's stuck someplace remote, where contact isn't possible?

Indigo, The Knight Of Vast Skies: A possibility. And in spite of our efforts, nopony has managed to successfully make contact with the old pasturelands. I know most assume it to be a myth, us having migrated from a far off land on the other side of the ocean, but even if it is just a story, there's still the possibility of there being ponies outside of Clara Terram. If she was reborn amongst one of them, and they didn't have our level of magitek...

White, The Knight Of Unbreakable Diamonds: A possibility indeed. And at five years old, how could she manage to construct a communication device without the proper materials, or manage even a basic communication spell with that kind of range? We'll need to widen our nets a bit. But we'll also need to be discrete: If Madigrin learns that Chroma Violet is missing, he'll do one of two things. He'll either try to make a move on Clara Terram, thinking that without our leader, he might be able to break through and take the throne...

Black, The Knight Of Limitless Voids: Heh. He can try, see how far he gets, compared to last time.

White, The Knight Of Unbreakable Diamonds: Or he'll try to capture Violet, and... well, if he were to burn out her mana channels, and then slay her at the moment she has no magic in her body...

Indigo, The Knight Of Vast Skies: ...There's no coming back.

Black, The Knight Of Empty Voids: This is my department, then. Madigrin and his cronies can't scry me outside of this room, unlike the rest of you. I know a few ways Violet might try to make contact if she were in a situation where normal methods were impossible. But the bigger question is, once we find her, how do we retrieve her, given that she may be on the other side of the world?

White, The Knight Of Unbreakable Diamonds: We'll cross that ocean when we get to it.