• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 8,647 Views, 411 Comments

Nocturnal Mayhem - Silvak



Watch the life of a warrior, given a second shot at life, where they become the newest, youngest member of the royal family... along with another alicorn foal who happens to be an eternal rival.

  • ...
22
 411
 8,647

Chapter XXVIII: Gold

"Augh, I think you made this thing too tight."

"Sorry Rainbow, but this was a first time making such a thing for me. And I think mine is a bit tight as well."

"That's waistlines for you, Gala. But give it some time, it'll loosen up with wear," I stated.

"Though, I was thinking you would be wearing a skirt instead of some shorts, Gala," Sunset said as I looked at the trio. We were currently in my treasure cave, where I was the first one to arrive due in part of needing to set up the dressing areas for the mares. The entire endeavor took about half an hour for the mares to come through and get dressed. Sunset was wearing a pair of jeans, a purple shirt, and a black jacket, Rainbow had on a simple white shirt and some blue shorts, and surprisingly Gala was just wearing a light blue blouse with her own pair of shorts. As the latter two tugged at their shorts for being too tight.

"That thought did cross my mine, but a skirt, or even a dress, wouldn't be appropriate for what we may be doing here. Furthermore, I rather not risk ripping a skirt, much less a dress, if an occasion arises that could tear them," Gala replied.

"Well, there's no point in talking about this now since everypony is already dressed. Let's just get moving already," I ordered as I started making my way towards what I assumed to be the exit of the cave, on to hear a thump and a groan of pain.

Turning around, I saw Rainbow rubbing the top of her head, hovering right below the cave ceiling as she said, "Why did that portal have to change our bodies? My flying is messed up by this body."

Rolling my eyes, I declared, "Then take it as a challenge to adapt to it, unless you're not up for it."

Giving me a glare, Rainbow replied, "I never back down from a challenge!" as she flew up, banging her head on the ceiling again. "Ow!"

Shaking my head, I said, "Alright then, but don't hit the ceiling too many times, don't want you to be getting any brain damage," before I turned around to resume my way.

It wasn't long till we reached the cave entrance, where I raised an eyebrow while the other lets out a gasp of surprise. Before us, was a world a covered in blue and purple floral, but no signs of animal life. However, above us was a purple sky, with a yellow moon serving as a source of light for the world. However, the thing that drew our attention the most was the sight of an alien-like citadel, its spires could be easily seen above the trees before us.

"You have a castle? An alien castle? Why didn't you tell us that?" Rainbow croaked out as she started to regain her senses.

"Well, I didn't know I had one in the first place," I answered as I started walking towards the general direction.

"Wait, how the buck do you have a castle but not know about it? Is it even yours? Cause I'm not in the mood to traipse before a bunch of aliens that might want us for dinner," Sunset stated as she walked over to me, giving me an annoyed stare.

"While I don't know much about this world, I do know that there isn't any sapient life here. Hence, this castle be—"

"Horseapples, how can you own something you never knew existed in the first place!" Sunset interjected, causing me to give her a glare.

"I can't say exactly, trade secrets, but what I will say that my fellow lords have passed this world to me, along with any riches it possessed. I just wasn't given the exact details of what I gained, though I was informed that there isn't suppose to be any sapient lifeforms here. Satisfied?" I answered, causing Sunset to let out a huff. "Unless anypony else has any other complaints to raise, let's just head over to the castle to see what's inside."


"I thought Canterlot castle had some big doors, but this is overkill," Sunset commented as we stared at a massive pair of doors that stood up to what looked like about eighty feet. The doors belong to a rather massive castle, baring several tall spires as well as a smooth, glass like surface that told of its alien design.

"I'm thinking somepony was compensating for something," Rainbow added in.

Shrugging, I simply said, "Not my concern really, let's just get inside to see what treasure could lay inside."

Before I could take a step towards the door, Gala asked, "Are you sure about that? How could you know that there could be treasure inside and not some traps?"

"Because this is a world that could only be accessed by Dimensional Lords or their agents. Other factions that have some capability of traveling between dimensions would have a hard time getting to this world, and if they somehow do, we would instantly know about their intrusion," I stated.

"Wait, what's this about agents?" Sunset asked.

Sighing, I answered, "Dimensional Lords are able to grant chosen agents with some dimensional power, enabling them the ability to travel between worlds to act on the behalf of their patrons. It allows us to exert our will at a more broader sense since we can't be everywhere at the same time."

"Wait, so you could give us super powers if you want?" Rainbow asked as she hovered before me.

Dropping my eyelids down a bit, I replied, "It's not exactly giving super powers, it's just empowering the agent while granting them the means to travel about. We don't want to be opening portals over and over again just to move our agents around."

"Oh, but why didn't you do this to us since we're your retainers?" Rainbow responded, causing me to facepalm before gathering myself for a response.

"The reason is cause I'm still recovering my own power. As of right now, I'm only about ten percent full strength, so I would need some more time to gather enough power to be able to do such a thing," I answered before removing my hand from my face.

"Oh... then let me know when you're able to empower ponies again," Rainbow requested while Sunset walked over to the door, pressing a hand against it as she gave it a light shove, only to get nothing.

"Figures, it's not one of those self-opening doors. So, do you have a me—whoa!" Sunset started to say until I rushed to the doors before jumping to give it a kick, forcing to them slam wide open. "Could you give me a warning when you're going to do something like that!"

Shrugging, I said, "Where's the fun in that?" as I started to head inside, the others following me as Sunset fumed for a bit before following as well, though Rainbow snickered at Sunset when she passed by her. Stepping into the the castle, I simply whistled at another sight as Rainbow dropped to the ground, the other two probably having similar reactions, due in part that we were standing in a rather large hallway, where the other half of it was overflowed with gold and treasure. "Well... I'm definitely not going to run out of money anytime soon."

"Are you kidding me‽ You got so much gold here, you could buy all of Ponyville and turn it into a theme park if you want!" Rainbow exclaimed, causing me to cock an eyebrow at her before I hear the sound of somepony messing with my horde. Turning my head towards the source, I received the sight of Gala rummaging through my stash, picking up the occasional gem and examining until I cleared my throat to get her attention.

"Oh... sorry about that, I just couldn't resist myself. There's just so many gems, sitting there, collecting dust. It's a travesty that they're not even being used!" Gala explained herself as she idly grabbed a gem to inspect it.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "If you want to grab a few gems, then go ahead. You girls could also fill your pockets with some gold if you want, it's not like it's going to hurt my pockets. Yes, you can get some too, Sunset," as I spotted a couple of chests in the gold mound, to which I started climbing it to grab them.

"So just what are your plans for all this wealth is just in this room and overflowing throughout the castle," Sunset asked as she and Rainbow started filling their pockets with gold. "Going to see if you can buy the throne away from your mom and your aunt?"

"Nah, that throne is too big for me to sit in, I might even sink into the cushions," I answered as I grabbed a chest and pulled it out of the mound before using my magic to float it over to the entrance.

Giving me a deadpanned look, Sunset shot back, "You know what I mean, you smartass."

Chuckling a bit as I grabbed a second chest, I answered, "Not too much really, might give mom one of those chests for her to use fund some government projects or something while keeping the other to pay for any potential expenses. Can't bring all this gold and use it at one time, might cause the price of gold to drop or something. So I rather keep the gold flow to a slow trickle in the mean time."

"Still, having a whole chest of gold to yourself still gives you a lot of bits to play with. You just can't have no plans at all for all that much gold you're still bringing with you," Sunset stated.

"Eh, not really. Might buy a nightclub... wait... does Equestria even have a nightclub?" I replied. While I was learning about their history and society,

"Yeah... but I don't think you would be allowed to buy a nightclub in the first place. And even if you could, why would you want such a place?" Sunset asked, raising her eyebrow in a mix of suspicion and curiosity.

"Shouldn't it be obvious?" I replied. "If I owned a nightclub, then I could throw some crazy parties whenever I want to there."

As Sunset was about to make a comment on my desire, Gala chirped in, "That sounds like a great idea! You should totally do it!"

"See, Gala thinks it's a good idea, so I'm going to go through with it. Besides, it's my money anyways, and I can do whatever I want with it, even if it involves throwing gold coins at ponies heads," I stated before I opened a portal. "Alright everypony, time to head home. I think we all got what we needed."

Sunset sighed as she shook her head, saying, "I would have found a better use for it than just a nightclub," as she made her way to the portal.

Snorting at her reply, I said, "Yeah, hiring mercenaries to conquer a region or just buying it yourself."

"Hey! Stop acting like I'm some kind of villian!" Sunset demanded as she stomped her hoof on the ground.

"Only when you fix that attitude problem. Now go through the portal, or I'll just toss you through like some kind of miscreant."