• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 8,645 Views, 411 Comments

Nocturnal Mayhem - Silvak



Watch the life of a warrior, given a second shot at life, where they become the newest, youngest member of the royal family... along with another alicorn foal who happens to be an eternal rival.

  • ...
22
 411
 8,645

Chapter XXVI: Arcade

After a quick talk with Luna, where she agreed not to drain my treasure horde due to the fact that I currently have no means to replenish it. Well, not drain it immediately, I'm certain that she would want to ask me to fund a few government projects here and there later on in the future, if not sooner. However, when she wanted to inspect my treasure horde, that was when things became problematic. It's one thing to see my retainers' changed forms in the nude, it's another to see my adoptive mother in the nude.

Anyways, with Luna's appearance, Rainbow and Gala decided to make their leave, though Gala promised to come back with some clothing for everypony, even something for Luna when she finally goes to the other world. With that, it left me with Luna and Sunset, the former saying, "There's going to be a change of plans today, my daughter."

"Really? What is it? We're going to see if we can banish Sunset to the sun?" I asked, causing Luna to look at me in alarm as Sunset gaped at me.

"You... I... do you know how ridiculous that sounds? Do you even know what the sun is made up of?"

Shrugging in return, I answered, "I know what most normal suns are made up of, since this is a world of magic and the fact that Aunt Celestia controls it, it could be a big glowing magical ball of something that isn't hot enough to melt your flesh off your bones in less than a second like a massive sphere of hot plasma would do to you," only to receive a shocked expression from Sunset. "Hey, just cause I act like an idiot from time to time doesn't mean I'm a complete buffoon."

As Sunset shook herself to clear her surprise, Luna said, "I see, well my daughter, our sun would be about the same as these other stars you speak of, but it is infused with a great amount of magic."

"Ah, so don't send Sunset to the planet unless she's heat-proof and plasma-proof, got it mom," I replied with a salute.

Groaning in annoyance, Sunset stated, "I'm starting to wonder if being banished to the sun is a better fate than dealing with you," to which I just responded with a cheeky grin, causing her to glare at me.

"Nebula, behave. Sunset may have disobeyed my sister, and possibly intrude upon spatial matters that it is your responsibility to monitor, but that doesn't mean you have the right to torment her," Luna declared with a frown.

"What? It helps build character," I countered, causing Luna to raise an eyebrow.

"And how, pray tell, does the idea of banishing her to the sun builds character?"

"Simple, it puts the fear of... hey, do ponies have a religious figure?" I asked as I scratched the side of my head as I sat on the ground.

"There are, in a sense. Often, ponies refer to us as holy figures, often using our names for... various reasons that doesn't have a direct connection to us. Thankfully though, they don't worship us as gods. However, there is one alicorn, from before even my time, called Faust. While she isn't worshiped either, since she was before us her name is used as well, to the point that even I and my sister may use her name from time to time," Luna answered as I gave her a nod of acknowledgment.

"Good to know, so just what's the change in plans?" I asked, causing Luna to give me a smile that somewhat reminded me of Pinkie's.

"Instead of giving you lessons, we're going to instead spend some quality mother-daughter bonding time," Luna answered.

Raising an eyebrow, I was about to say something when Sunset spoke up first, inching towards the door as she said, "Well then, I'm going to leave you two to that then, don't want to ru—"

"Leave and I will have you thrown in the dungeons," I interjected as I gave her a flat stare. Turning my attention to Luna, I asked, "Mother, is it possible for me to bring my retainer with me?"

"If you so desire, she can tend to our needs as a servant," Luna answered, causing Sunset's ears to flatten against her head in irritation.

"Hey, you only have yourself to blame for getting into your current predicament," I stated to Sunset before turning my attention to Luna. "So, what exactly are we going to do for bonding time?"

"Something that is a pleasure to enjoy these days," Luna replied with a smile, as Sunset and I look at each other in confusion.


"I imagine all sorts of things that would have appealed to you, Princess, but I didn't think this would be one of them," Sunset commented as she and I looked at the arcade that Luna took us to. Various arcade games were set up, back to back, while off to the side was more physical games, even some kind of dancing game where I could see two ponies sparring off. Luna and I had an illusion placed over ourselves to make us appear as a unicorn mother with her daughter, though Sunset didn't need one since odds of anypony recognizing her now is slim to none.

Luna was about to head over to one of the machines, a bucket full of arcade tokens floating right beside her, when she stopped to look at us as she said, "Well, I admit that at first, I thought places like these were a silly thing to participate in. However, after experiencing some carnival games on Nightmare Night and gaining a daughter, I decided to pay a visit to this place to see if it is something that I could enjoy with my daughter. That was when I found out that these arcade games are quite enjoyable after all."

"Well, since Nebula's a bit of a fighter, I don't thi—" Sunset started to say until I spotted some stools off to the side, probably for short or young ponies to use, to which I immediately grabbed one of them with my magic as I brought it over to me.

"You're wrong, Sunset, for I played some arcade games in my youth, and I find them to be quite entertaining myself," I said, causing Luna to sit down on her haunches as she gleefully clapped her forehooves.

"Oh what glorious news! With you playing with me, the fun has been doubled!" Luna declared as she grabbed the stool that I had, bringing it over to one to the games as she took the controls from the other side. "Sunset, bring us some drinks and snacks so we can have nourishment as we see who is better, mother or daughter!"


After a few hours of nonstop play on various arcade games, all three of us were relaxing the dining side area of the arcade, where we ordered some pizza. It turned out that Luna was a natural at gaming, though I only took her on one of those fighting genre games since she ended up wrecking me. Regardless, we had a blast, as we decide to end the bonding session with some pizza as we chat about our accomplishments.

"That evil demon didn't stand a chance against our combined might!" Luna declared as she banged her hoof on the table while eating her twenty-second slice of pizza.

"Yeah, shame there's only so many types of arcade games here," I stated while stuffing my fourth slice of pizza into my muzzle. One bright side of a being a small filly, a slice of pizza can last quite a while as long as you don't try to stuff it down your throat.

"Thankfully you let me have my own fun instead of having me stand there holding a tray like some kind of butler," Sunset commented while chewing on her fifth slice.

"Hey, I may be petty, but that doesn't mean I'm outright evil. Besides, it's arcade games, I'm pretty certain it would be a terrible crime if I don't let you have some fun as well," I idly commented while reaching out to grab my fourth slice as Sunset stared at my hooves.

"...Where are you putting all that? Are you some kind of bottomless pit?"

Scowling at Sunset, which caused her to shrink a bit in fear, Luna asked, "Why do you let her insult you in such a fashion, Nebula? Surely you would want to berate her for that."

Shrugging, I answered, "Eh, I let her get away with that cause it's amusing to have a snarky pony to talk to from time to time."

Raising an eyebrow, Sunset asked, "So anypony can just go up to you and insult you?" before a smirk came onto her face.

"No, I would have the guard throw them out the second story window of the nearest building. Or at least try to order them to," I replied, only for Sunset's smirk to grow larger.

"I knew you would say something like that," Sunset declared. "But this also shows one important thing."

"And that would be?"

"That you're not completely heartless and that you might care for me. You really are a sweet filly underneath that shell of abrasiveness," Sunset stated with a mocking grin, as I gave her a flat look before looking at Luna.

"Mother, can I request permission to punish Sunset for those words?" I asked, causing her to give me a bemused look while Sunset cocked an eyebrow at me.

"Depends on the punishment you have in mind for her. No serious physical or mental harm is permitted."

"Oh, don't worry, I'm just going to wrap her up in some rope and hang her off one of the castle towers," I stated, causing Sunset to blink before giving me a flat look.

"You're not goi—" Sunset started to say before I used my magic to stuff her slice of pizza into her mouth.

Turning my attention to her, I asked, "Remember the portal to a rock in the middle of nowhere threat? This is just like that," causing Sunset's eyes to widen. "Going to back down now?" I continued, to which I get a nodded. "Good, it seems like you can learn after all."

Swallowing her slice, Sunset commented, "Alright, you do have buttons that you don't like being pushed, but do you had to go with such an extreme reaction? A warning would have been appreciated."

"If she wasn't your retainer, your relationship with her would be quite strange," Luna said as she glanced at the arcade's clock. "Alas, our time together has come to an end, for the night is coming to an end."

Shrugging, I replied, "Well, it was fun while it lasted, but some sleep would be nice after skipping out yesterday."

Upon hearing this, Sunset asked, "So, where I'm going to sleep then?"

"Isn't it obvious? Either in the corner of my room or alongside me in my bed," I answered, causing Sunset to rear her head back at me in disgust.

"Why the buck would you want me in your bed? It better not be something perverted," Sunset replied, as Luna just looked at us in amusement. Maybe we're becoming some sort of comedy act for her.

"No, you're just the right size and fuzziness to be an oversized plushie. But thanks for revealing your sick fantasies again," I countered with a smile, causing Sunset to groan before slamming her face into the table. "Hey! Be careful with your horn. We don't want to leave any dents on this table since it's not ours."