• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 8,642 Views, 411 Comments

Nocturnal Mayhem - Silvak



Watch the life of a warrior, given a second shot at life, where they become the newest, youngest member of the royal family... along with another alicorn foal who happens to be an eternal rival.

  • ...
22
 411
 8,642

Chapter XXIII: Warnings

"So... how does it feel to be... well, you, Gala?" I asked as Rainbow hovered around her as she examined her while rubbing a hoof against her chin.

"So this is what it is like to see a fusion from the outside," Rainbow commented.

"It is hard to say, dear Nebula. I feel so... refined, yet so excited as well. And all these ideas that are running through my head, I feel like I could throw the best soiree that Canterlot will ever have!" Gala declared as she pointed a hoof toward the ceiling, before bringing it down. "But I know what I'm here for, to teach you to be a proper princess!" Gala continued as she brought her hoof down to point at me.

Raising an eyebrow, I simply countered, "You do know that being a proper princess is relative to one's culture and background. How do you know th—"

"A proper, Equestrian princess," Gala interjected with a slightly annoyed frown.

"...Touché, very well then, but please have me be more of mother's kind of princess than my aunts. I should take after my mother after all," I replied.

"Understandable, and that would be best, for she has a flair that is old yet fresh at the same time, yet she's not afraid to have fun like other ponies," Gala responded with a smile that is a bit like Pinkie's yet more refined like Rarity's.

Nodding, I lit my horn as I stated, "Alright then, just let me use my connection spell so I can moni—" before Gala reached out a hoof to tap my horn, canceling out my magic which caused me to frown. "What was that for?"

"A mare must have her secrets!" Gala explain with a smile that held a bit of smugness to it.

Raising an eyebrow, I said, "Secrets or not, I need to monitor how your mental state. Don't want to take any unnecessary risks now, do we?"

Gala giggled at my statement, saying, "Those two are still there, but if we let you listen in on our thoughts, then you would know our plans for you, and that would spoil the surprise. But if you must check on us, can't you use that other spell of yours to let them speak," before she closed her eyes as she hummed a tune to herself.

Grunting in return, I replied, "Fine, but if this is just your own schemes Gala, I'm either casting the spell or undoing you right here, right now." As... attractive as Gala was, I'm not one for simply sacrificing ponies for my own selfish desires. Hence, after casting the spell on Gala, I asked, "Rarity, Pinkie, are you there?"

Lifting a hoof to her head, I saw that fusion spoke out in Rarity's voice, "Yes we are, dear, so there is no need to fret. Though I must say, this spell is quite disorientating."

"You get used to it, Rarity. But it is so nice to see that you care about us so much, Neby!" Pinkie's voice cried out. "But you don't need to worry, Gala isn't playing a prank on you. We agreed that we want to keep our thoughts private this time!"

"Yes dear, Pinkie is right. Having you listen to every single thought we have while we're nearby is a bit disturbing to even think about," Rarity stated as she opened Gala's eyes to look at me.

Frowning still, I replied, "It may be disturbing, but think of it like a visit to the doctor. I'm just doing this to make certain that you two are alright. There are potential risks to a fusion, especially if it goes on long enough."

Moving a hoof to pat my head, much to my displeasure, Rarity said, "There is no need to fret, dear, it would only lead to you having wrinkles in the future. So how about you end this silly worry you have and end the spell? Pinkie and I will be fine."

Before I could make a comment on what she said, Rainbow hovered back to Gala as she stated, "Are you certain about that Rarity? I thought you would be freaking out about how your mane is so, as you would say, 'unkempt'," while giving her a taunting smirk.

"Why darling, a true fashionista learn to adapt to the changing situation. Besides, Gala has her own charm to her and a style that simply reflect the best of both of us. Why, I can't wait to see what new dresses she will come up with that would show off our shared form in the best way to the world!" Rarity replied with a flick of Gala's mane.

"Yepperoni! And I can't wait to see what kind of parties Rarity and I can put together as Gala!" Pinkie exclaimed as she smiled at us. "So how about you stop being a party pooper and let her out already, Neby!"

"Stop calling me Neby!" I shouted, practically hopping with indignation. Pointing a hoof at them, I continued, "And you two aren't thinking about the risks! At least with Party Blitz, somepony was concerned! But you're handling this like it isn't even a factor!"

Sighing as Gala rolled her eyes, Rarity responded, "Dear, you must simply relax. If it comes to something like that, you would have the means to pull us apart if necessary. Besides, I see this as a glorious opportunity to achieve one of my dreams!"

Blinking in shock, I just tilted my head as Rainbow asked, "Huh? What dream can you accomplished as a fusion?"

"Why, darling, is getting my ideal 'prince'!" Rarity exclaimed as she sat on her haunches, putting her forehooves together as her eyes start to sparkle.

"...Is she talking about Blueblood? What pony want to be him to be their ideal prince, much less even talk to him?" I asked as I looked at Sunset, only to see her smirking at me. "...What?"

"I think the 'prince' she's talking about may be a princess," Sunset replied in a whisper, as Rainbow kept her attention Gala.

"She's right, he's the only prince I know of, and didn't he got you covered in cake?" Rainbow responded to Rarity's statement.

Raising an eyebrow once more, I countered, "If she's talking about me, then I'm fine with that."

Frowning, Sunset asked, "You do know what lovers do together, right? Especially in bed?"

Titling my head, I replied, "Ain't it taboo for something like that to happen to a foal? Though that raises the question, why are you even thinking about that? Is that something you're into?" only to get Sunset to blink at me before taking on a mortified expression.

"I'm not into that kind of stuff you idiot!" Sunset shrieked, drawing the attention of the other two.

"Into what?" Rainbow asked, causing Sunset to stiffen her neck as she just stared at her.

"Into eating cactuses," I calmly answered, as the two looked at me in confusion. "Hey, it's not something a pony would eat on a daily basis and could be viewed as a delicacy if prepared right."

Tapping her chin, Pinkie commented, "Neby's right! Oh, this makes me want to make some cactus flavored cupcakes! Also, who's your ideal prince, Rarity? Cause I think there's Prince Chrono, but he's too young for you, and it's ca—"

"Pinkie, it's best not for a lady to tell her secrets. Besides, you can think of it as a pleasant surprise to everypony once they find out," Rarity said before turning Gala's gaze upon me. "So, will you return Gala back to us then?"

Frowning, I said, "Only if you two are certain about this, cause I'm not just going to let it run it course for me to simply pull you two out on a whim. So instead, if your minds do in up melding, I'm not pulling it out unless it's a dire emergency," hoping to get the two to take this matter more serious. Maybe Pinkie was starting to rub off Rarity already.

Gala appeared to be looking at me in a bit of shock before shifting into a more serious expression, biting down on her lip as the two were probably thinking this out. It didn't take long though before Rarity declared, "Very well then, Nebula. Since we have the means to break this form by our own desire, I suppose we can see where this goes. If neither one of us likes to remain this way, we can simply unfuse, but if we end up becoming Gala, then I suppose that is what destiny had planned for us then."

Gala then rapidly nodded her head as Pinkie exclaimed, "Yeah! This could be a lot of fun! And if Rarity is fine with becoming Gala, then I'm fine with it too!"

Staring deep into Gala's eyes that it caused them to rear their head back a bit, I saw no signs of trickery, causing me to finally shrug as I said, "Very well then, but don't say I didn't warn you," as I released my spell, causing Gala to blink a bit before rushing over to give me a hug. "Gah! What are you doing‽"

"Why I'm clearly giving you a hug," Gala replied before putting me down. "I'm just so grateful that you're giving all three of us a chance."

Brushing my chest a bit, I responded, "I just wanted those two to take this seriously instead of seeing me as a quick fix. I'm supposed to be on vacation, so I don't want to have to fix every mishap that occurs while I'm here, especially ones that I can avoid like the fusion."

"Blah blah blah, can we get a move on finally? I'm getting bored of just hovering around you guys all day," Rainbow said with a huff as she scowled at us.

Rolling her eyes, Gala countered, "Rainbow, a proper lady needs to learn patience, which is something Nebula needs to learn as well. So how about you be an example and show some more patience?"

"Umm... are you asking me to be a role model to a filly that is almost ten times my age?" Rainbow shot back, causing Gala to frown as she tapped her chin in thought. "Augh, can we stop wasting time already?"

"You have a good point there, still, if you insist on getting the show on the road, I might as well submit to your demands. Besides, we don't want to get you too upset, otherwise, nopony will be having fun! Let's return to the suite so we can get started on Nebula's lessons," Gala stated before trotting out of my bedroom, while Rainbow in tow.

As I began to follow, I heard Sunset commented, "And here I thought you were just an uncaring spoiled brat," as she followed behind me.

Snorting at her comment, I said, "Hey, I did save all of existence from a cosmic horror, so I'm not all that bad. Besides, that would be something more up your alley, since you're such a self-centered jerk."

Glaring at me for my comment, Sunset shot back, "Oh, if you weren't a princess, I would so tied you up and leave you buried in some lost, forgotten closet."

Turning my head to give her a feral grin, I countered, "Oh my! First causing pain, and now bondage. I didn't know you had it in you!" causing Sunset's face to redden like a tomato.

"Oh just shut it for once, you puny pervert!"