• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 8,645 Views, 411 Comments

Nocturnal Mayhem - Silvak



Watch the life of a warrior, given a second shot at life, where they become the newest, youngest member of the royal family... along with another alicorn foal who happens to be an eternal rival.

  • ...
22
 411
 8,645

Chapter XXII: Challenge

"So, who are you exactly?" I asked as I stared at the white mare before me, who let out a gasp as she placed a hoof on her chest like she was wounded or something like that.

"You wound me, your highness. Haven't you heard of me, Rarity, Ponyville's premiere fashionista?" the mare replied with a flick of her mane.

"Apparently not," I answered, causing Rarity to frown at me as Rainbow let out a snicker. "Anyways, what delusion do you have in order to make you think you have a chance at making me act like a 'proper mare'?"

"Why it's quite simple, my dear," Rarity said as she pulled a ruler out of a bag that she brought with her, which I just noticed right now. "If you don't follow my etiquette lessons, I will have to resort to any means necessary to convince you to reconsider, even if it would resort to discomfort for you. The ad said it might be needed to come to such extreme measures, but I am not one to disappoint the princesses," she continued as she smacked the ruler on a table, drawing Rainbow's and Pinkie's attention to it.

Raising an eyebrow, I asked, "Do you really think that's going to work? Did Celestia actually gave you permission to whack me with a ruler when I acted like a bad pony?" before locking my eyes on hers.

After a short moment Rarity let out a huff as she answered, "No, I wasn't. I was just hoping that the threat was good enough." I was about to toss a retort at her when she continued, "But that will not stop me, for a lady has more than one way to achieve her goals!"

"What, you're going to seduce me?" I asked with a mock grin, causing Rarity to gasp at me again.

"I... how dare... no wonder Princess Celestia needed a pony to teach you some manners. To even dare to suggest that a lady such as myself would stoop so low," Rarity declared with an upturned nose.

"I'm fairly certain that she'll suggest far worse things than that. She even shook her rear at me," Sunset dryly commented, causing Rarity to gape at me in complete shock while the other two just laughed at the idea until Pinkie let out a gasp as her forehooves clasped to the sides of her muzzle.

"New pony!" Pinkie cried out as she pulled out her party cannon, causing Sunset to jump back.

"What the bu—" Sunset started to say, only for Pinkie to interrupt her by firing her cannon, causing Sunset to let out a short scream until she realized that there was confetti floating around the place. "Really?" she croaked out as she spotted Rainbow laughing on ground as she pounded her hooves on it.

"The look on your face, ha ha!" Rainbow cried out with tears of laughter as Sunset scowled at her, only to be shaken about when Pinkie gave her hoof to give it a vigorous shake.

"Hi, my name is Pinkie Pie, and that's Rainbow Dash! What's your name?" Pinkie chirped out with a smile.

Since Sunset was glaring at her as if she wanted to set her on fire, I've chosen to do the introductions for her as I said, "Pinkie, this is Sunset Shimmer, ex-student of Celestia, former criminal, blah blah blah," as I waved a hoof around.

Redirecting her glare of fury onto her favorite target, Sunset growled out, "Did you really have to say all that?"

"Why yes, I do as a matter of fact. I have to live up to your expectations after all," I replied with a smile.

"What expectations?" Sunset asked as part of her rage fell away to confusion.

"Your expectation of me being an asshole," I answered with a cheeky smile, only to have her groan in frustration.

"Princess Nebula, young fillies don't use such language like that!" Rarity reprimanded with a stomp.

Looking at Pinkie and Rainbow, I asked, "Should I just tell her everything?"

Pinkie shrugged as Rainbow replied, "I don't see why not, might save you a headache."

"Tell me what?" Rarity responded, causing me to give her a look as I considered if there were any consequences to me telling her the truth. It only took me three seconds to make up my mind.

"Okay, Rar—"

"Miss Rarity," Rarity interrupted, causing me to frown as I took a deep breath to calm myself.

"I'm actually over two hundred years old being who is a member of an extremely powerful organization called the Dimensional Lords, who hold supreme control over all spatial matters, I only looked like a foal because my old body was killed off in a massive battle against a cosmic evil, and I technically own this world now. So can we cut with this crap and move onto something more productive?" I quickly explain in a manner that would make Pinkie proud.

Blinking in surprise, Rarity asked, "Is this some kind of joke?" as she looked at the other mares, who simply shook their heads. Returning her attention to me, she croaked out, "Are you serious?"

"Yes, yes I am. I can even demonstrate by showing you one of my special ability of summoning a weapon at whim," I replied with a smirk.

Looking up, Rainbow said, "I don't know if you should do that. As awesome as it was, I don't think the princesses would like me letting you punch giant holes into the castle."

"Well, regardless of how old you are, you must still act as one of your stature, especially if you are a Dimensional Lord, if what you're saying is truly true," Rarity countered. "Hence it is even more important than ever for me to have you behave like a proper lady."

"You wouldn't really say that if you knew how my peers behave," I dryly replied before taking on a more serious tone. "Look, you're not going to get me to do what you want, cause I certainly lacked the attention span to do so right now," I declared before hopping onto Sunset's back.

Giving me an annoyed look, Sunset asked, "What are you doing?"

"I'm riding on your back, what do you think," I declared as she I made myself comfortable, resting the back of my head on her mane. "Now take me to the li—wait what," I started to say until my body was engulfed a light blue aura that lifted me into the air.

"Now so fast, your highness," Rarity said with her horn lit up with her magic, floating me down to the ground. "By Celestia's name, I will teach you to behave. So how about you act like a good little filly and stay still?"

Cocking an eyebrow, I responded, "You know I'm just going to dash through that door the moment you drop your spell, and I don't think you want to keep it going for the entire night."

Grunting in a rather unladylike manner, Rarity asked, "Then is there some way we could make a compromise?"

Rolling my eyes, I answered, "I don't know, you want to teach me etiquette, but I will find that entirely boring. Unless you can do something to make it at least amusing enough to grab onto the attention span of a filly of my age, I'm afraid you're out of luck."

As Rarity let out a frustrated huff, Pinkie bounced towards us as she exclaimed, "Oh, oh! I have an idea to fix everypony's problems?"

As I tilted my head at Pinkie, Rarity asked, "What is it, Pinkie?"

"You and I can fuse together to make a fusion that can teach Neby to be a princess while making it fun!" Pinkie declared, causing me to chuckle a bit to myself.

"Sorry Pinkie, but I doubt a prissy mare like Rarity here wi—" I started to say until I suddenly find Rarity pressed pressing her nose against mine suddenly.

"I'm a prissy mare you say? Well, I'll show you that I, Rarity, will not back down from this challenge! Pinkie, prepare yourself! We will become the pony that will guide young Nebula to the path of elegance!" Rarity exclaimed before pulling her head back as she pointed a hoof to the ceiling while I just rolled my eyes at her.

"Okay... if you're going to through with this, then let's go to my room so I can grab the necessary materials. Just be ready to pluck a strand of hair from your mane," I said as I headed to the door.

Grimacing, Rarity asked, "Is that really necessary?"

"Oh, backing out already? I didn't think you were a cowa—"

"Fine!" Rarity shouted as she plucked a strand of her mane with her magic.

"...Okay... just follow me then..."


"You're sure you want to fuse so soon Pinkie?" I asked as I dropped Rarity's imprint crystal into a jar.

"Yepperoni! I did take this job to make you smile, and if this helps to make you smile, I'm all for it!"

"Are sure about this Rarity? It's a pretty big step to be fusing with another pony. Especially with a mare like Pinkie, no offense Pinkie," Rainbow said as she hovered from behind me, with Sunset to my left, taking notes on all that was occurring.

"This is for the greater good of Equestria, Rainbow. If this could lead to Princess Nebula being a ruler with more tact than she has now, then it is a risk I shall take. Besides, I am both curious about how Pinkie and I would look together, as well as the potential ideas we might come up with. I could end up with several new fashion lines after all this," Rarity answered as she looked off into space, probably daydreaming about her statement.

Rolling my eyes, I said, "Alright you two, hold still so I can get this over with," as I lit my horn up. Both mares stood up straight, Rarity with her eyes closed while Pinkie had a gleeful grin on her muzzle. Zapping them with my magic, I watched as a white and pink sphere surrounded the duo respectively, as Rarity let out a quick yelp of surprise while Pinkie just giggled at it all. Bringing the two spheres together, they combined into a swirl of pink and white until they mixed into a lighter shade of pink. "Close your eyes," I warned the two at my side as I followed my own warning, only opening them after hearing the sphere bursting.

With my eyes open, I beheld the sight of a mare with a light pink coat, blue elegant eyes looking at us with a purplish mane coming out from right behind her horn, forming a curved mane that faded into pink highlights, the mane possessing the pristine look of Rarity before splitting apart to present Pinkie. Her figure was a lithe one with curves in all the right places, a Cutie Mark being of a blue and yellow ribbon twisting about each other with tiny sparkling diamonds surrounding it on her well-toned, curved flanks that flo—

"Why are you staring at her Cutie Mark?" Sunset whispered with a slightly mocking grin, breaking me out of my stupor.

"I'm over two hundred years old, I have needs too!" I whispered back, bewildering Sunset as the fusion flipped her head with the flick of her head, drawing our attention.

"Nebula, are you ready for an enjoyable course of learning how to be a prime yet playful princess? I hope you do, for I, Gorgeous Gala, am here to aid you in that endeavor while making it most entertaining for you," Gala declared with a sparkling smile full of joy.

You know... learning how to be a uptight like Celestia might not be so bad if she's the one to teach me.