• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 8,647 Views, 411 Comments

Nocturnal Mayhem - Silvak



Watch the life of a warrior, given a second shot at life, where they become the newest, youngest member of the royal family... along with another alicorn foal who happens to be an eternal rival.

  • ...
22
 411
 8,647

Chapter XIII: Perspectives

"I see that you have some talent in fighting, my daughter. While alarming, it does mean that you should be able to defend yourself if you ever find yourself in danger. Though, it's curious that you haven't done many attacks yourself," Luna commented after Party and I finished our little sparring match. Despite whatever fighting skills Party inherited from her components, it wasn't enough to match my combat experience, even though I was fighting in a different body. However, I could do much in the offensive department beyond a few pokes, for I don't want to end up breaking her with a miscalculated punch.

"Well, I don't want to end up hurting Party by accident," I replied, to which Party let out a giggle.

"You don't have to worry about me, Neby. I can take a hit," Party said as she waved a hoof at my comment.

"She may have a point, Dame... Party. We haven't discovered the limits of Nebula's strength, but if it is comparative to her durability then she may be strong enough to cause you serious harm with a single strike," Luna countered, causing Party's ever-present smile to falter a bit. "Do not fret, if my daughter wishes to spar with no restraints, I will provide the means to allow her to do so without harming you. However, I believe it is time for Pinkie and Rainbow to return to Ponyville for the night."

"Okey-dokey," Party responded as she started to fly away, until I grabbed the end of her tail with my magic, stopping. "Huh? What's going on?"

"Party, shouldn't you disperse yourself back to Pinkie and Rainbow?" I said as I turned my magic off, a frown apparent on my face.

"No way, if I do that, then how can we see what I can do? We need to stay like this so I can try some awesome tricks!" Party countered, causing Luna and I to glance at each, our expressions displaying a bit of concern.

"Okay... if you three want to do that, then go ahead. Remember, if either one of you wants to return to normal, then all you have to do is to want your old body back. But if something goes wrong, don't be afraid to come back immediately, even if you're waking me up in the middle of the day," I responded.

"Roger Neby. I'll come back if anything goes wrong!" Party said with a salute before flying off.

"Are you sure it is wise to let them go, my daughter?"

"Well, I have taken all sorts of precautions, even for the worst case scenario."

"Worst case scenario? And what, pray tell, would that be?" Luna demanded as she took on an expression of anger and fear.

"Worst case is Rainbow's and Pinkie's minds disappeared or absorbed into Party's own mind," I answered, which only cause Luna to be more alarmed.

"Nebula! How dare you play with ponies' lives like some sort of plaything!" Luna shouted, cause me to fold my ears against my head as the guards covered theirs with their hooves. "How do you even know if your magic would work! You're just a foal!"

Rubbing a hoof into one of my ears, I replied, "I may be just a foal, but I did run some tests. Besides, spatial matters are my specialty."

Narrowing her eyes, Luna countered, "And, pray tell, how do you know that it's your specialty?"

Blinking owlishly for a bit, I mentally kicked myself for not being careful with my own words. Quickly, I latched onto the only thing that I could use as I said, "Well, I did polish up a fusion spell so that it's actually working and not just theoretical, so that got to count for something, right?"

"Yes, it makes you the leading expert on that subject," Luna deadpanned, causing me to frown at her. Taking a deep breath, Luna continued, "However, since this is the first thing something like this has been done, and you said you have taken precautions, I will let your experiment proceed for now. But mark my words, if you're wrong about this, I will lock your magic and your wings until your three-hundredth birthday."

"I... umm... alright then. Also, since we're talking about magic, is it time for my magic lessons?" I asked, as Luna only rolled her eyes at me.


"Neby!"

"Who dares disturb my sleep! Be prepared to face my wrath!" I declared as I hopped out of my covers, taking a combat stance with my right foreleg cocked so I could unleash the mother of all punches on my intruder. However, upon seeing a wide-eyed Party Dash, I just tilted my head as I lowered my forelegs before glancing at a nearby grandfather clock to see it was only three in the afternoon. Turning my attention to Party, I asked, "I take it you have a problem?"

"Yes!" Party said as she spread her legs out, her expression of shock changing into fear. "I'm stuck like this!"

Raising an eyebrow, I pressed on with my questioning. "Stuck like this? Care to elaborate?" While I had a suspicion that Party might want to keep the fusion going on, it was a surprise to see her worrying about actually sticking around. "I need some details than just you saying you're stuck to figure out what's wrong."

"Well, Pinkie and Rainbow are thinking really hard to return to normal, and even I'm doing it for them, but we're not returning to normal!" Party shrieked, as I simply nodded my head in turn. "Why are you nodding‽"

"I think I might have figured out what's wrong," I declared as I lit my horn up, exploring the little bit of my magic that was still in Party. "But first, Pinkie, Rainbow, say something."

Say something? What the buck am I suppo— Rainbow started to say before Pinkie suddenly interrupted her.

Rainbow, language! And hi Neby!

Rubbing my chin, I said, "Well, that much is in order. Now, I have some suspicions on what might be preventing you two from being restored to your normal bodies. But, I need to know what happened in the meantime to be certain, so tell me how your day went so far."

Nodding, Party pulled out a bag of popcorn our of her mane, shaking it in front of me only to toss it back when after I shook my head. Hopping onto my bed before laying down on it, Party said, "It all started after I took care of the morning weather duties Rainbow had after a good night sleep, I had to go to the morning shift Pinkie had at the Sugarcube Corner. The Cakes were surprised by me, but took it in stride, since this involved Pinkie. However, when Rarity came in for a meal, that's when things started to change..."


"Hi Rarity!" Party waved from behind the bakery's counter, a smile on her face as the pristine white unicorn just blinked at the sight before her.

"Um... do I know you?" Rarity asked as she looked about, wondering if Pinkie was ill today, which would explain to her the presence of the mare before her.

"Hee hee, you could say that you both know me and don't know me!" Party answered.

"Okay..." Rarity replied, her gaze drifting to Party's wings and mane. "Are you perhaps a relative of a pegasus named Rainbow Dash?"

Hoof covering her muzzle to stifle her laughter, Party responded, "You could say that I do have a 'relation' with her," before letting out a muffled laugh, causing Rarity to narrow her eyes at the mare.

This is hilarious, it's like I'm pulling off a prank without even trying! Rainbow commented.

"Okay, I grow tired of these games, who are you really?" Rarity demanded.

"Tee hee, I'm Party Blitz! But if you really need to know, I'm also a fusion of Pinkie and Rainbow!" Party exclaimed as she threw her hooves into the air along with a hooffull of confetti.

However, Rarity wasn't sharing in the joy, instead, she was bearing a look of horror on her face as she mumbled out, "F-fusion‽ Who did this to you two!"

Giggling, Party waved a hoof at Rarity as she answered, "Relax Rarity, I'm fine, and I'm guessing you're worried about Pinkie and Rainbow. They're fine too, in my noggin hearing everything. This was just a fun experiment done by Princess Neby!"

As Rarity's expression became a mixture of confusion and horror, she replied, "Neby? Are you talking about Princess Luna's adopted daughter? She did this to you two?"

"Yuppers! But we volunteer for it, and so far we feel awesome and having lots of fun. Now we can do things we never could do alone, like this!" Party explained as she started to juggle eight balls with her forelegs and wings.

"Okay... that's lovely and all, but aren't you two concern about returning to your old bodies? Not that I'm saying that there's anything wrong with this one," Rarity responded, her expression settling onto one of concern.

"Jeeze, Rarity, relax before you get a wrinkle from all your worrying," Party said with a smirk, causing Rarity to sputter in response. "Besides, Neby told us that if either one of us wanted to return to normal, the fusion would come to an end! Easy-peasy!"

"I see... so who's in control?" Rarity asked, calming down a bit, though her eyes were slightly narrowed with suspicion.

"Oh, I'm in control, the other two are just here for the ride!" Party exclaimed, causing Rarity to blink at her for a bit

"Okay... um... I'll just be going for now then," Rarity said with a forced smile as she inched her way to the door.

"But you haven't ordered anything!" Party said with a pout.

"I just remembered that I had some errands to do, but I'll order something for lunch. Ta-ta... Party," Rarity hastily said before rushing out the door.

As Party frowned to herself, Pinkie said, That was weird, what was up with her?

Eh, it's probably nothing to be worried about. Let's just get back to work, I want to see what Party can do after your shift is over, Rainbow stated, as Party shook her frown off, returning to a smile as she attended to the rest of the customers.


This is awesome! Rainbow cried out in Party's mind, as the mare pulled off a triple loop with a corkscrew while diving to the ground, only to pull out of it at last second. I never could react that fast before!

And it's so much fun flying! Pinkie chirped in with a giggle. Shortly after Pinkie's shift ended, Party dashed out to the outskirts of town, excited to test out her limits. It turned out that with Pinkie's earth pony strength, reaction timing and her own speed, Party was pulling stunts like never before, while not even crashing once at the more extreme ones. Party even pulled off the sonic rainboom when Pinkie wanted to see what it was like, it only served to excite the two mares even more.

As the two mares waited for Party's next trick, they were interrupted when a familiar voice cried out from below, "Party!" Looking down, Party saw that the rest of Elements were gathered down below.

Tilting her head at the sight for a brief moment, Party shrugged as she descended to the four, smiling as she said, "Hi everypony! Did you se—is something wrong?" before seeing that they all have looks of concern on their faces.

Stepping forward, Twilight replied, "Yes, Party, we're concerned, for our friends Pinkie and Rainbow."

Tilting her head again, Party asked, "Why? I mean, since Rarity is here, I think she explained everything to you girls, right?"

Nodding, Applejack answered, "She did, sugarcube, but it still bothers us that you haven't turned back to those two."

"Pfft, is that why you're all here? Relax, we just wanted to see what I can do. And it was awesome and lots of fun!" Party exclaimed as she jumped into the air in excitement. "All these new tricks we can pull off! I bet I can become a Wonderbolt in no time now!"

"Don't you mean, Rainbow can become a Wonderbolt?" Twilight countered, causing Party to pause in her mini-celebration.

"Yeah, I meant that," Party said as she just hovered in the air.

"Now that is why we're so concern. You said Rainbow and Pinkie are inside your mind, but they really there?" Rarity asked.

"Hey! They are in me! You just can't hear them cause they can only speak when Neby uses a spell to let them! But they're still here," Party countered as she folded her hooves over her barrel, frowning at her friends.

"How about you just let them out?" Twilight said, causing Party to give her a bewildered look. "I mean, how about you unfuse so we can talk to them directly?"

"But... we feel so awesome this way," Party replied with a pout.

"Now, there there, I know you two are having fun, but it's only for a little while. You two could always fuse again to have more fun when you visit the princess tonight," Fluttershy said, putting a calming smile on her face in the hopes of settling the fusion down.

Letting out a sigh, Party replied, "Alright... just because you're all worried about them," as she landed on the ground, closing her eyes as she hummed to herself. Minutes passed without a word being said, as the other mares glanced at each other until Party's eyes snapped open. "I'm still here‽" Party cried out as she slapped her hooves onto her face.

How‽ Nebula said we would unfuse if we want to! Rainbow cried out, alarm clear in her voice.

Wait! Neby told us we should go back to her if something wrong happened! Pinkie exclaimed.

As the rest of the Elements began to show fear on their faces, Twilight said, "You can't‽ Oh no, we need to write a let—"

"Wait! Neby said that if anything goes wrong, we should go straight back to her!" Party declared, interrupting Twilight.

Blinking in surprise, Twilight replied, "She did?"

Nodding rapidly, Party explained, "Yepperoni! She said she took a lot of precautions to make certain nothing goes wrong! She was the one that cast the spell, so she might know how to fix this!" as she jumped into the air. "Don't you worry, things will be fix before sundown!"

"Alright... if that what Princess Nebula said, but be careful," Twilight said, as the others uttered their own agreements to that.

Giving Twilight a salute, Party replied, "Don't you worry! Everything will be fine!" before bursting into the air, a gust following in her wake that blew through the Element's manes, messing them to Rarity's dismay.


"And then here we are," Party said, finishing her explanation, as I nodded in thought.

"I see, I know what might have gone wrong," I replied, causing Party's eyes to widen with relief.

"So you can unfuse me then?" Party asked, however she was bearing a mild smile instead of her normally cheerful one. This only served to support my suspicions about the current situation.

"Oh, I could always unfuse you anytime with a spell, but I meant why you couldn't unfused on your own," I answered, causing Party to tilt her head in confusion. "The reason you didn't separate back to Pinkie and Rainbow was because they didn't really want to separate."

What? But that doesn't make sense! We were trying to separate not too long ago! Rainbow cried out, causing me to frown.

"There's no need for yelling, Rainbow. However, for that case, it wasn't a matter of you two wanted to unfuse cause you want to be yourselves, it was more of proving a point to your friends. Hence you didn't have the desire to return to your own forms. Tell me, do you two really want to unfuse right now?" I declared, giving the two a serious look.

As Party's eyes dashed about in her head, Pinkie said, Well... not really. I mean, it's just so much fun being Party.

Yeah... I feel awesome being Party. I really like how we feel to, I never felt this strong before, I bet we could even beat AJ in another Iron Pony contest, Rainbow added in.

"Then there you go, you two really don't want to unfuse yet, hence why you didn't break apart earlier before," I stated.

"But, how do I prove that Pinkie and Rainbow are fine with this then?" Party asked, worry clear in her expression.

"Simple, I'll just enchant a couple of crystals with that talking spell, then you can use it to show that those two are fine with what is going on," I answered before reaching below my bed to pull out a couple of clear crystals out a portal I generated after regaining that ability while refining the fusion spell. The portal wasn't really located underneath the bed, it was just a show to save on some explanations for now. Pulling my hoof out, I lit my horn up with my magic and energy, pouring the spell into the crystals, turning them into a dark purple that matches the color of my magic. "Here we go! Two enchanted crystals, ready to be used at a moments notice!" I exclaimed as I gave them to Party.

"Oh cool! But... how do I use them?" Party asked as she looked them over.

"Just use the phrase, 'Discussion Time' to activate the crystals. Also, use 'Party Unleash' to end the spell," I replied, only to get a hug from Party.

"Thank you Neby for helping me," Party said with a smile.

"Umm... no problem? Just tell me how they take it, and make certain that you three explain how you feel about all of this, so we can avoid any potential problems."

"Roger Neby!" Party replied with a salute after releasing me. "We'll see you tonight then, bye bye!" Party exclaimed before dashing out my door.

I could only shake my head at the sight before hopping back into bed, returning to my slumber as I thought to myself with a snort, Ponies, sometimes they just need to relax and go with the flow instead of panicking whenever something unexpected happens.