• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 8,641 Views, 411 Comments

Nocturnal Mayhem - Silvak



Watch the life of a warrior, given a second shot at life, where they become the newest, youngest member of the royal family... along with another alicorn foal who happens to be an eternal rival.

  • ...
22
 411
 8,641

Chapter XI: Fusion

How does one punish an alicorn filly that is already grounded without resorting to physical punishment? Apparently by denying them dessert for two weeks. Not like it mattered to me, though it appeared that Chrono got my dessert this breakfast, based on his slightly enlarged amount of dessert he received. Thankfully he didn't enjoy it all that well, based on the fact that he glared at me throughout the meal. Probably due to his new colors, oh well.

Moving on, after getting a stink eye from Celestia, I learn that Chrono was heading over to Ponyville for some magic lessons with one of Celestia's own students, a pony called Twilight Sparkle. No idea why Celestia couldn't teach him like Luna was, though it left me wondering if Chrono wanted to get away for some kind of plot against me. Jokes on him, I'll just plow right through whatever he has in mind. I mean, since I still have a natural hardiness to myself, I could just go through a wall if necessary.

Anyways, after breakfast, instead of going straight to bed, I worked on a fusion spell, refining it to minimize the potential risks to it as well as testing it out various objects in my room. This also led to creating a counterspell, but the results were successful, not a single explosion occurred throughout the testing period. Thankfully, my own spatial powers prevented me from suffering from the lack of sleep. Hence, when it came to dinner, I was no worse for the wear, and even Celestia had cooled down since we had a pleasant meal. Hence, it was after dinner, where Luna excused herself for her royal duties along with the arrival of my retainers as I waited in the suite, that I decided to push my experimentation to the next level.


"Hi Neby!" Pinkie cried out as she rushed over to me, giving me a hug as I rolled my eyes at her, while Rainbow just hovered right behind her as she just sighed at the scene.

"Hi Pinkie, hello Rainbow," I replied, as I pressed a hoof against Pinkie's shoulder, causing her to end the hug.

"Yeah yeah, hi Nebula. Ready for some more flying practice?" Rainbow asked as she brought her forehooves together, probably due to wanting to get the flying portion of my lessons out of the way, so she can move onto fighting me. Hopefully, she doesn't want to try a test of strength in the future, I don't want to end up splattering her against a wall.

"Maybe, but I have something I want to try out first," I said with a weak grin, causing Pinkie's eyes to sparkle.

"Oh oh! You're smiling! What is it? Is it something fun?" Pinkie exclaimed, bouncing with excitement.

Rainbow, on the other hoof, just narrowed her eyes at me as she replied, "You're not one to smile, this better not be some kind of prank. Cause if it is, then you'll be in greatest prank war you'll ever have, and you will lose."

As my smile turned into a frown, Pinkie countered, "Oh come on Rainbow, she won't prank us. We already know what kind of pranks she likes to do, so we would know if she's up to something."

"But that's precisely why she would prank us, she's expecting us to have our guard down," Rainbow responded, causing me to facehoof.

"No, Rainbow, this isn't a prank," I started to say as I dragged my hoof down my face. "This is more of an experiment, no strings attached."

Eyeing me, Rainbow's expression of suspicious morphed into one of boredom as she said, "Augh, not an experiment. I heard enough science magic mumbo-jumbo from Twilight already, I don't need another pony talking about it."

My right eye twitching, I said, "I'm not going to go into the details unless one of you wanted, I just need a couple of volunteers that would be more interesting than a pair of guards or servants."

"Hey! I take offense to that!" Grace stated from her spot next to the entryway, which I returned a flat stare in response.

Sighing, Rainbow said, "Fine, what is it you want to do?"

"Yeah! Yeah! What fun experiment you have that involves us? Is it some kind of candy spell? Or are you going to conjure up a pool of chocolate and see how well we swim in it?" Pinkie asked, causing Rainbow and I to give her a befuddled look for a brief moment.

"No, Pinkie, it's none of that. I'm simply going to fuse you two," I answered, causing the two just adopt a look of utter confusion as they both said "Huh?" in unison.

"Fuse us? What are you talking about?" Rainbow asked.

"Well, just to keep this simple, I'm going to combine you two, making one single pony that is a fusion of you both," I explained, only for the two, along with Grace, to stare at me in confusion still until Rainbow shook her head clear of it.

"Why the buck should we let you combine us?" Rainbow replied, causing Pinkie to gasp.

"Rainbow! Language!" Pinkie reprimanded as she pointed a hoof at me, to which I just frowned at the idea that after all I done, Pinkie should have known that I would at least have some knowledge about inappropriate things.

Focusing my attention on Rainbow, I said "Well, I might have a few reasons to make you consider volunteering for my experiment. For instance, while you're a fast, if not the fastest, pegasus, imagine what a fusion of your speed and Pinkie's capabilities could do. I already observe that she's fast on the ground, so maybe it would carry over to your fusion. A fusion of you two would surely combine the best traits you two possess, don't you want to see what you two could do combine?"

Rubbing her hoof, Rainbow responded, "Pinkie is fast, I never saw an earth pony as fast as her before. But I don't want to be stuck with her forever, I have plans on being a Wonderbolt, not a baker. No offense Pinkie."

"None taken!" Pinkie replied, her ever-present smile on her muzzle.

"That, I already have covered. I designed the fusion spell so that if any single one of you desire to want to break the fusion apart, then the fusion will come to an end and you two will be back to your normal selves," I explained, putting on a confident grin.

As Rainbow rubbed her chin in thought, Pinkie asked, "But if we're one pony, who would be in control?"

Blinking, Rainbow said, "Yeah, that's a good point. What would happen to our minds when we fuse?"

Shrugging, I answered, "I have no idea, I only tested the fusion spell on objects so far." As the two let out a gasp of surprise at how reckless this experiment could be, I continued, "However, I taken precautions. If your minds can't be present to end the fusion, I will simply end it myself. There will be no consequences, I already taken every possible precaution," as I took out a pair of scrolls, two jars that each held a blank crystal out of pack that I had put to the side of the room earlier.

"Hey, what are those for?" Pinkie asked, tilting her head as she and Rainbow looked at the objects I brought out.

"Just the precautions I told you two about. The crystals will hold an imprint of your minds, just to help with restoration if necessary, and I would need a hair, or feather, sample from you two as well. However, the scrolls are for you two to sign, to which you two agree to be volunteers with this experiment. And no Rainbow, there's no tiny fine print in it to trick you up," I explained, levitating the scrolls along with a pair of quills over to them.

Snatching the scroll out of my magic, Rainbow looked it over as Pinkie simply signed her scroll, causing Rainbow to look at her in shock as she said, "Pinkie, you didn't even read the contract!"

Giggling, Pinkie replied, "Why would I need to read it? I trust Neby, she won't do anything mean to us intentionally. Besides, this could be fun, and Neby must be having fun if she's doing all this! And since I'm fusing with you, I get to fly!" as she spread her hooves apart, a giant grin on her face.

Humming to herself, Rainbow commented, "Well, it would be cool to be able to do what you do, maybe I could even do a few new tricks from this," before she took the quill and wrote down her own signature.

Smiling to myself, I plucked a hair and a feather from Pinkie and Rainbow, respectively, causing them to yelp from it. Placing the samples in the jar, I lifted the crystals over to them, pouring spatial energy into the crystals as I said, "Now just touch the crystals so I can get an imprint of you two." Snorting to herself, Rainbow gave the crystal a quick tap as Pinkie booped hers, complete with her saying 'boop'. Right at the moment of touch, the crystal's colorations change, one pink, one cyan, causing the duo's eyes to widen as I return the crystals to their respective jars. "Okay, now you two just stand side by side, though you don't need to touch each other or hold still for the spell to work," I told them as my horn lit up with magic, which only grew brighter when I poured my spatial energy into it.

With an apprehensive look, Rainbow landed right next to Pinkie, who was bouncing in excitement. "Will this hurt?" Rainbow asked, her face neutral, probably due to her not wanting to show any fear.

"If there is to be any pain, I would be the only one to experience it," I said before I shot a beam of magic at the two, which engulfed them in a purplish sphere of energy, one that looks just big enough for two ponies, as the two let out a yelp. Thankfully, I heard no screams of pain from the two, as the spell continued, the sphere's colors turning from purple to cyan on one side, pink on the other, before the two colors swirled about before mixing into a light purple color as the sphere started to shrink before it was a size where it could only fit one pony comfortably before it suddenly burst with a bright flash.

Blinking my eyes for a moment, with Grace groaning in annoyance as she rubbed her eyes with her hooves, I saw before me a light purple mare, with a rainbow colored mane like Rainbow's, with the exception of her red stripe being replaced with a pink one, its style similar to Rainbow's but with a bit of puffiness to it Her violet eyes were staring at me with glee as she just smiled at me before jumping into the air, exclaiming in a voice that sounded like a deeper version, with a bit of rasp, of Pinkie's voice, "Woopee! Party Blitz has arrive in the house, yo!"


As Nebula just stared in shock at the mare announcing her name, within Party's head, Rainbow's voice cried out, Party Blitz! Pinkie, what kind of name is that‽

I don't know, but I think it's super-duperific! Pinkie exclaimed from inside the mare's mind.

Wait, you're not doing this! Rainbow shouted, fear gripping her as Party started to flex before Nebula.

"Oh, look at these legs. I feel like I could outwrestle anypony, even Big Mac himself!" Party declared, while Nebula just shook her head clear of her surprise.

"Party Blitz‽ Don't tell me that Pinkie and Rainbow's minds fused!" Nebula exclaimed as Party let out a chuckle.

"Relax, those two are still in my noggin, I'm just the best possible combination of the two!" Party explained.

"Oh? But that means you're in control and not them. How come they're not unfusing then?" Nebula asked, her eyes narrowing at the fusion.

Wait, she's right, why aren't we back to our normal selves yet? Rainbow muttered.

Because this is so much fun! Why unfuse before we could do anything? Pinkie replied, giggling. Besides, wouldn't we be unfused if you want us to be unfused?

You're right... and I got to say, I do feel awesome, like I'm stronger than I ever was before, Rainbow replied.

"Simple, they like being me right now. Pinkie thinks they should try me out first before thinking about unfusing and Rainbow feels awesome!" Party answered as she landed before Nebula.

Her eyes narrowed still, Nebula replied, "Well, that sounds nice and all, but I need to take steps. Hold still, Party, so I can cast a spell to let those two speak for a moment."

"Roger princess!" Party said with a salute before taking on a serious look, causing Nebula to let out a deadpanned look at her before firing a beam at the mare's head, causing her eyes to glaze over.

"Pinkie, Rainbow, are you in there?"

"Yupperoonie!" Pinkie exclaimed from Party's mouth in her own voice, causing Nebula to let out a sigh of relief.

"Ah, good, I thought this was all a failure and I would have to scrap it after restoring you two. So, was Party telling the truth?" Nebula asked.

Nodding, Pinkie answered, "Party was telling the truth! We can't control the body, but we can feel it, and it feels super! It's like we're a super pony, and I can't wait to see what Party can do!"

"Okay, how about you Rainbow? How do you feel?"

"Well, this is weird, not being in control, you know," Rainbow started to say thought Party. "But, I do feel stronger. It sort of, feels awesome to be Party, and I really do want to see what tricks Party can do, so I'm thinking that I should give this a shot. What's the worst that could happen?"

Nodding, Nebula responded, "Absolutely nothing, since I taken every possible precaution into account. However, since Party is in control, I'll be infusing you two with a bit of my magic, just so I can tell is something funny is going on. So you two are ready to let Party have the reins?"

"Yupperoonie! Let her rip!" Pinkie answered

"Yeah, let's see what that mare can do!" Rainbow added.

"Very well," Nebula said, as she ended her spell, but not before the two ponies could feel their body shivering as a bit of Nebula's magic entered them.

With the spell over, Party blinked before doing a loop in the air, yelling, "Alright! Ready to have most awesome day ever, Neby?"

"Even she's calling me Neby?" Nebula muttered to herself, before she looked at Party as she said, "Yeah, I am, Party. Let's see what you can do."