• Published 28th Jan 2017
  • 7,086 Views, 114 Comments

Celebrity Dating Game - Dandereshy



Which pony is right for you, the most famous human in Equestria?

  • ...
14
 114
 7,086

And the Winner is...

Rainbow Dash is insane.

That's your conclusion from the events that took place last night, in her apartment. After dragging you there, you and her did something you never thought you'd do in Equestria. Not with her. Not with a pony.

Play video games.

That's right. Video games. According to Rainbow, Twilight has been actually listening to you when you described gaming consoles while contributing to "science", as she calls it, and telling her of your world in detail. Somehow, despite having no knowledge of any internal components in these systems, she was able to fabricate a gaming system using magic and more wretched science. It worked pretty well, too; the CoD-style game she made for it was actually pretty well done.

And for once, you beat rainbow pone at something. You'd be damned if she beat you at an activity you had years of experience over her. She didn't take it well, either. Apparently, she "owes you one" now. Whatever that meant.

Well, you've done it. You've dated all of the Elements of Harmony. They all had perks you respected and adored, but only one can have your slimy, underused heart. But which one?

It's late morning, you've already eaten, you're now in the shower preparing to choose one of these mares for a second date. But it was such a hard choice! You never were good at deciding, anyways. Whenever something came up where all the choices were good, you ended up cracking. Most of the time you never made a final choice, either.

But that couldn't happen here. You have to choose one, or be forever married to your hand. You swear on your life that won't happen. You're getting a divorce from your hand.

You drop the bar of soap and sigh, opting not pick it up, and instead turn the faucet off, ending your 30 minute shower. You hop out, nearly slipping, and dry off with the pink towel given to you by Pinkie Pie. You were never sure why, and even more so concerned as to why the thing smelt of cookies, but eh, it's a towel, and no one ever sees you use it besides yourself, so it didn't really matter.

After you get dried off and dressed, you head to the living room and plop into a chair heavily. Boy, this deciding thing was hard. You really didn't know who to pick. You go over their attributes that you enjoy from each of them in your head:

Twilight was nerdy, which is what you are, essentially. Gamers are usually nerdy. And nerdy was kinda hot. Maybe she could eventually help you find a way back home. Which was even more a reason to make the purple pony happy by choosing her.

Rarity was eloquent, desirable, always smelled great, had a charming voice and attitude, and got what she wanted... Usually. Those kinds of girls usually piss you off, but something about the way she did it was attractive. And she was literally the only pony you knew that dressed all the time. Her choices often made her appear even prettier.

Pinkie Pie was a party animal, explosively energetic, could cook like your mom, and was always so positive. Total opposite of you, but maybe that's why she intrigued you so much. If you hung around her enough, those traits might end up rubbing off on you, and you'll feel less like a total douchebag all the time.

Applejack worked. A lot.

Fluttershy was physically attractive, graceful, quiet, reserved, and so very sweet and polite. In your world, these girls got bullied frequently. Fluttershy was bullied here, as well, but not as much now as she did a filly. The fact that she was so selfless all the time was astounding. She could probably teach you a thing or two.

And finally, Rainbow Dash. Probably the most like you. Bold, fun, and kinda sexy. Just your type. Well, if she was a human, you'd have probably banged her by now. Not much else could be said, honestly.

Well, there you have it. All the things you liked about each pony. And yet, you were no less closer to making your choice than you were before you even started dating them.

You lounge back and scratch your chin thoughtfully. What was one to do if all of the choices were the best choice...?

Oh. What an idea you just had. And within seconds, it's your final decision. You jump up and bolt out the door.

You know what they say: If you can't pick just one...


... Pick them all!

The park was the perfect place to gather up all your mares for the second date. Although, mostly getting along, they had a few squabbles. Most of the time it was over who'd spend the following day with you, or who'd had the best date with you. Speaking of dates, they didn't seem to mind the fact that you'd dated them all, one by one. They didn't appear bothered a bit by it. Good for you.

You all sit on a large picnic blanket, some sprawled out, some sitting close to you. And by some sitting close, you mean Rainbow and Pinkie. And they argued about you, much to your amusement.

Rainbow munches on an apple and lays close to your side, resting her head on her arm. "The way I see it, he spent more quality time with me. I should get him tomorrow all to myself," she stated factually, staring from the corner of one eye over at Pinkie, on the other side of you. She glared back at Rainbow, angrily sipping from a coconut through a bendy straw.

"Girls, it's not necessary to be fighting over him. He's dating all of us equally," Twilight spoke up, her adorable glasses resting on the bridge of her muzzle as she glances up from the book she's reading.

You nod in agreement. "What she said."

Pinkie huffs in annoyance. "Well I want him tomorrow. So that's that!" She folds her arms across her chest and gives Rainbow the evil eye. Rainbow ignores it.

You sigh and wrap an arm around the two mares and pull them close. "No need to be rival each other. I can spend the day with both of you. How's that?"

They both laugh, interestingly enough.

Rainbow pushes away from you. "No way, José. You're all mine tomorrow. I want some alone time with you..." Her voice trails off and she grins devilishly. You shiver violently.

Pinkie tugs you close. "Well I plan on baking him everything he wants until he overdoses on sugar! You can't beat that!" she roars, sounding a little crazy.

Rarity scoffs. "Really now. Such uncouth behavior, ladies. Besides, I'm sure he'd rather want a nice, relaxing evening by the fireplace with me." She sits across from you on her famous red sofa, sipping some tea.

Oh boy.

"Pfft, as if," Dash waves a hoof dismissively. "He's too cool for that."

"Actually, um, I was hoping he'd want to help me do some stuff around my place..." Fluttershy interjects so softly it's just about inaudible.

Well, the arguments turn up the volume and you sit there in the middle, wondering what to do. Six mares, one man. Somehow this didn't sound like it'd end well.

Oh well.

You lay back and close your eyes, smiling to yourself and drowning out the voices of the mares yelling around you. It would be a bumpy ride, dating six ladies, but you have to admit it: totally worth it.

Comments ( 34 )

What a happy ending for all. Except for me, my crippling loneliness leaves me no room to be happy, as ive come to accept.

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! :pinkiehappy:

ANON PICKED ALL OF HIS SIX MARES, HALLELUJAH!!!!! :yay:

A fitting end to a great story!

8009478

May she never find out!:scootangel:

8009482 and if she did then..well *looks to a dimensional gateway machine that was right next to him*

8009398 no problem FlutterBawse!

8009315 I know how you feel. I work 3rd shift.

8009632

Thanks for all that! Quite detailed.

Normally I'd have caught a majority of those errors, but, I blame the mobile version of the site. It's confusing, cramped, and inadequate for writing.

Also,

I just saw this in the box for the first time.

To which box do you refer?

Hmm Mama always said to surround yourself with those who are most like you, however their squabbling makes me wonder if a society like that would be a stable one.

If I had to pick just one of the six I'd have gone for either Twilight or Rarity. Twilight for being smart, literate, and nerdy and Rarity for class, structure, and for fixing my ample amount of rips in jeans and sleeves of shirts.

Also, very well done, I normally don't like these kinds of dating deals (because I don't like dates) but this one was very enjoyable and I would read again....maybe I will. Yep I'm going to re-read it again.

8009888

Great choices, all of them. :rainbowkiss:

8009909

I loved this story.

Though the inner Twaifu-fag in me wanted anon to pick Twiggles.
:twilightblush:

There are only two ways that a story like this can end. One is the harem ending, which we got. The other is the crack ship.

In an alternate universe, this story ends on a secluded beach, with Anon and Crackle exploring each other's bodies...

8009812 Had to take a break from reading—just finished up. I like, I like. :twilightsmile: Although given your name, and the fact that her chapter was longest, I was expecting Flutters to be the 'obvious' choice.

I was referring to the Featured Box. Just saw this for the first time as you finished it up.

Sorry I couldn't go through the whole story for edits. I used to do that with writers before they published chapters (still am, but only with one or two people). But yeah, if you were writing this whole thing on a phone, I don't blame you for a bunch of them.

Overall, a fun read! :pinkiehappy:

8010402

Well thanks for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the help.:twilightsmile:

8023264

Ah, so that's the edit I missed. Thanks.

8033499

Lol. Yes, but by kiss he meant romantic and genuine, not a sloppy make-out session. Guess I should add that so no one else gets confused.

Also, thanks for the follow!:twilightsmile:

8034392
No problem! I wanna know when the sequel comes out, and that romance/heartwarming one-shot coming up.

8034456

Heh.

8034652

Of course. Just keep an eye out for my update blogs. :twilightsmile:

8036693 i'm gonna trip over everything for the next day. welp

8170062

Unless they're using non-American English grammar, in which case that is the correct punctuation.

True. Having a B.A. in English, though (American, obviously), that just bothers the heck out of me, but eh, what can you do? :derpytongue2:

8170095 Well, given that the majority of the punctuation was in the American-style, your comment is correct. I merely mentioned it because I have (and still do) edited for writers who use the non-American style of English punctuation. I seems strange to me, as I have grown up learning the American-style and have used that style for the majority of my life, but I'm not so inflexible that I cannot accept a different grammar style than the one I grew up learning.

8170095
8170283

I'm American though. :derpytongue2:

8170583
Then long story short, I was right. :scootangel:

can three be a squre

8374212

Ah. Thanks for noticing. That was an editing error.

player lucky guy

I just died inside.
But I still like this.
Also, you're paying my hospital bill.

Harem endings are dangerous. But are the most interesting >:)

As much as harem endings are fun, they're a bit disappointing. Though with all of the choices presented, the only sane conclusion would be to date someone outside of this little circle.

It makes some sense to take them all on, seeing as - in a way - they're one unit, so to speak. The Bearers of Harmony, I suppose. Much like the Sailor Senshi, they probably don't get that attention much, if you think about it. "Married to the job", what you'd say... So it makes some sense.

Still, most of the time the protag sounds like a veritable douchebag. Half the time I was asking myself, "Who the hell is this loser?" As far as inserts go, this isn't working all that well -- I'd convert the character into a proper char at this point.

Interesting tidbits here and there, and some deserve to see expansion one way or another (though most have already been done in some way, shape or form, I imagine). Combinations might be... interesting.

I will try to hide spoilers.
This is not poorly written, but... Anon is a bit unlikable and, while a harem ending isn't entirely unrealistic, a true harem ending would require a bit more hesitation and drama to not feel like a copout. This presents itself in a not-serious way, however, and so that can be more easily overlooked. Maybe I just like drama and heartbreak too much, personally.
Have a like.

Login or register to comment