• Published 19th Jan 2017
  • 4,369 Views, 55 Comments

Hive Diplomacy - Kinni



Cadance goes into the Changeling Hive with a mission to normalize the relationship between them and Equestria. Learning about Changeling society and having pleasant conversation with Chrysalis ensues.

  • ...
9
 55
 4,369

Epilogue

Princess Celestia was looking at the sky, waiting for her niece to come back.

Twilight was with her, and the Alicorn was disappointed at not being able to give more news about the situation of the mare's old foalsitter, but Cadance really didn't tell her much. Her latest letter just said she had been sucessful and would come back with more news. It seemed that she wanted it to be a surprise.

They didn't have to wait a lot longer, Cadance came flying in, flanked by three pegasus guards. Twilight also saw her, and started waving and shouting, despite the fact that the princess wasn't close enough to hear.

Still, she soon came down and Celestia waved the guards off. Her apprentice and niece did their own small ritual, and then Cadance produced a book from within a knapsack.

"Here Twilight, I knew you would be interested in this. It's about the history of Changelings." She gave the book to Twilight "But keep it a secret for now, okay? I'll talk to auntie a little bit and then we'll catch up."

Twilight nodded and galloped out of the room. Cadance smiled at her and then turned to the other princess.

"So, it seems like things really went well." Celestia said, knowing Cadance wanted to talk.

"More than well." The young princess seemed to be almost bursting with joy "Things went AMAZING!" She pointed her forehooves at herself "You are looking at the consort of the Changeling Queen!" She exclaimed.

"What." Celestia blinked.

"Chrysalis and me got along well." Cadance said with a nod.

Celestia froze again, at the sheer depth of understatement this implied, before finally managing to say:

"Okay, explain things from the beginning."

----

"Well, this seems like a logical progression of events." Celestia said, having recovered her normal calm "So, we need to discuss how best to integrate Changelings in society. Not just the Stranger thing, but also how to educate the ponies about Changelings and everything."

"Yeah, and I hope all that doesn't take too long." Cadance said with a small frown.

"Why?" Celestia asked "Is there another problem? I thought your love was enough to make the rationing thing a much smaller issue."

"It's just that I don't want to delay our marriage too much." Cadance said.

Celestia became slightly nonplussed "But aren't you already married?" She asked.

"We are married in the Changeling custom, but we still need to have a marriage in the pony custom." Her eyes started shining "I want to have a big ceremony, with musicians, all kinds of foods and..."

Celestia smiled as Cadance procceded to describe her own perfect marriage. It seemed like the problem had been resolved in a clear way, even if it also was an unexpected way. It made her glad.

"Oh, that day is going to be perfect!"

Author's Note:

And here we are, at the end of my first story. I hope everyone liked it, even though it has a lot of flaws. This made me realize a lot of things about writing. I hope you will all join me for my next story, which I've already started writing. It's going to be very different, more of an adventure-comedy thing. See you then.

Comments ( 15 )

While the ending seems very sudden, I did enjoy the story.
Though I feel you used "Princess of Bonds" a bit too much.

Poor Shining Armor. His Princess has been taken.
Unless, of course, Cadence and Chrysalis want a strong young stallion to spice things up.

7909602 He doesn't even know her more than in passing. And I'm sure a fine stallion like him will have no trouble finding a nice mare for himself.

7909602 Shining has been nursing a secret crush for Cadance for years, and this news pushes him over the edge; he stages an invasion of Canterlot during the wedding of Cadance and Chrysalis. :pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh:

Yay~ Now that's a happy ending.

I liked this story. The ending was a bit sudden, but it's your first story, so it's understandable. And the writing was great, very few, if any, errors.

Of course I'll come back for the next story.

7910109 That'd be hilarious.

was hoping for a longer story.

7910109

That would be an absolute hilarious sequel but the thing is I don't think it could be done

A really good story, even if the ending was a bit rushed in my opinion. But for your first story it was really nice. :twilightsmile:

hello>>7909612
The queen is the mother of the hive?
I ask because I am collecting all the stories in which the queen is the mother of the hive.
Here is the address
http://www.fimfiction.net/bookshelf/851658/queen-mother-of-the-hives

A bit of a strange ending but still a good story. Even if it is mostly an infodump for your head-cannon about Changelings.
Now I want a story about young Alicorn Cadence trying to befriend the Changelings. Only this story is cannon with the series. Cadence gets invited in the hive and it seems like the negotiations are going well. But the truth is that the Changelings are trying to convert Cadence to their cause so they can use her to take over Equestria, don't know how exactly; maybe by hypnotizing her or by trying to change her in Changeling through stuff in the food. In the end Cadence finds out and escapes the hive. I can see a lot off room for creepy stuff in this story, especially when used in contrast with the seemingly safe negotiations.

I would love to see a sequel, starting at the wedding , with shinning armor crashing the event.

7911907
I would have also liked a longer story or a sequel.

The ending felt a bit rushed. Still, good story.

I enjoyed this.

i would love another story telling how the intergration of changelings go

Login or register to comment