• Published 21st Jan 2017
  • 731 Views, 5 Comments

Secret night. - Isenlyn



During one of Pinkie Pie's sleep over, all seven girls of the main cast end up telling their secret backstory, and it seems everyone of them have a dark past.

  • ...
 5
 731

Secret night.

The night was dark and silent, as was the house near the suburb with its gray facade, plain ground and dull curtains. But through one window filtered a little ray of light, sign that tonight seven girls were having a slumber party at Pinkie's. And as usual, when two o'clock was ringing the spirit was more at small talk and bantering nicely wrapped up in blankets and sleeping bags with unlimited candy supplies than full out antics, video games or make-over. That was for Twilight, the recent addition to the group, a more interresting moment as she didn't reflect herself in the previous activities, even so if watching Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Sunset's frantic attempts to overtake one another in their latest video games was something pretty entertaining, while Rarity's make up trials and dress fittings on Fluttershy were just pretty.
But as the night was slowly approching an early morning, Pinkie's sugar rushed mind broad up an idea that would change what all seven girls thought knew about one another.

“Hooo.” moaned Pinkie as her friends began to prepare themselves to go to sleep. “I'm not tired, I was hoping we could have more fun tonight.”

“Darling, you know I love being here but you must understand that I'm already gleaning over my beauty sleep.” Rarity declared, then with an extra drama queen tone added “I absoluetly must rest my poor eyes for them to be ready to seek for inadequate clothing choices all over town tomorrow.” She glanced at Rainbow a smirk on her face.

“I said nothing as such.” replied the tomboyish girl. “But you just can't quiting your remarks every time you see someone with...” Everyone was now watching her chuckling. “, urg whatever.” She stifled a yawn. “She's right though Pinkie. I'm pretty beat.”

“Just one little game.” insisted Pinkie “It will just be one little story. Everybody like goodnights stories. It won't even be wearing. Pleeeease !”

“Well, I guess we can give it a try” said Sunset gently pushing Twiligth that began to snooze on her shoulder. She straighten up blushing slightly while Sunset made herself a bit more compfortable and continued. “I'm myself quite sleepy, but what about some last stories before turning in ?”

Pinkie jumped exitedly on her bed while the others slowly accepted, some less thrilled than others.

“Ooooh, this is going to be so fun !” exclaimed Pinkie while taking a semi theatrical, semi maniac pause on her bed. “With the graduation coming at the end of the year, I thought we should get tighter than ever for that our friendship never die even if we can't see each other as much after high school. So I had this idea, we totally should share our most deepest and darkest secret !” Pinkie looked excitedly at her friends with the broader smile she ever have and seemed not to noticed the ten second long silence that followed, interupted at the same time by a bunch of “Yeah”, “totaly”, “great idea”, “Mmhmm”. But in Twilight eyes, her friends mood all changed and she could see that every one of them was casting side glances at the others as if measuring what was the worst action to take, chiken out ? Talk ? Or just ran away ? But her own internal turmoil slowly took over. Did she even have a secret to share ?

Her thought were interupted as Pinkie asked another shattering question. “So, who want to go first ?”
After several moment of akward silence Pinkie continued. “Ok, so if everyone is a bit shy, I'll go first.” she took a misterious looking pause on her bed and asked slowly and darkly, “Did you know I was once in a gang ?”

*****

You know sometimes I can get a bit loopy.

The girls exept for Sunsett and Twilight noded, a bit of apprehension on their faces.

Well, it happen when my brain go back to the way it use to work back then. My family was a lot more traditional than others, my big sis Maud was often away studying geology in high school, Limestone worked hard to learn how to manage our little company and didn't pay attention to me, my parents were always busy and my baby little sis Marble was too shy and spent all her free time locked in her room reading stuff on the internet. So nobody spent time with me and since I loved to do fun things and go to parties, well I began to have some acquaintances neither adapted for someone my age or commendable. The fact is, I ended up going to parties with people that found me fun, and since I was kinda looking for a model to follow, I became a part of the group. Turned out those people were a gang of drug dealers and so I began to work for them. They were all working together, following rules and hierarchy and it gave me the feeling of being part of a family. I particulary liked a guy that I viewed as a brother. He taught me how to smuggle dope without getting caught, then he brought me to collect debts and then taught me how to use a knife and one day he offered me this little guy.

Pinkie brought up a black switch blade from seemingly nowere and Rainbow became instantly livid and teriffied.

Yeah, sorry about that time Rainbow. So he gave me this and brought me to my first time to collect a bill on my own. It was thrilling, I loved it and for quite some time it was all I enjoyed to do. But then the gang was arrested by the police and I was sent to child services. It took them a bit of time and a lot of psychic stuff to my brain but they managed to make me remember what was my real family and what it was to live an honest life. Though when I get upset or scared my brain sometimes go back to the way it was at those times, and that's why I always carry my knife. Because if I loose control I know I'm gonna use it, and when I do I remember my “brother”, all that happened and then I'll remember my real family and how they were so happy to have me back. Then I'm able to snap out of it.

*****

Pinkie stoped and looked around her. Rainbow was spooked beyond reason, eyes locked on the switch blade. That was understandable after what Pinkie pulled on her that one time she had thought her friends didn't like her anymore. The others were different shades of confusion.

“So, who's next ?” Asked Pinkie cheerfully.

The awkward silence came back several long seconds before Rarity broke it.

“Well.” she began, her voice wavering. “Even if I will have some questions for you later Pinkie, there was something I wanted to talk to you about from quite some time now. I guess today is the perfect time. ” Her voice then turned serious and edgy “But I need your promise that you'll never talk of this to anybody, especially Sweetie Belle !”
There were several exclamation of aknowledgment and a Pinkie promise.

*****

This part is easy but I think you noticed that me and my sister don't really look like our parents, and we are not the whole family bound type. That is because they are our adoptive parents.
I don't now if you're familiar with the Republic Democratic of Horsanda, but there is two things you have to know about this place. First, it's neither a Republic or any kind of democratic place. Second, this was my home before I came to Equestria.

Once again the listenning girls were a bit taken aback.

More precisely, I even was one of the “President” daughter.

This time some gaps were heard in the gathering of friends.

The man that reign over this country have multiple wives and lots of children. He's probably the worst father or husband you can ask for, but when you live under his roof, you're trapped. So one day my mother and several others of his wives made a plan to flee and get their children out of there. I was young so I don't remember it all, but people told me exactly what happened. Our mothers stole some important documents and left the city when our father and a lot of the guards were out on a military meeting or something and they almost managed to make it to the frontiere. But then we've been cought up by some militaries. Our group have been seperated and my mother gave me Sweetie Belle to look after. Sweetie was just a baby at the time and she became my everything while we flee. I'm not sure how several of us got to the frontiere, and we got captured by Equestrian militaries. There were a lot of questionning and explanation. Turned out the secret documents we had made for a nice trade to get political asylum. We spent some weeks in a camp but the other part of the group in wich were my mother never made it to Equestria. After some time adjusting to things I decided that I never wanted to go back there neither I wanted my sister to learn about it. I wanted her to live a nice life as an Equestrian native. So I made a deal with the people that looked after us at the time. I was to abandon any inheritance I might be rightfull to reclaim to Equestria's administration and in exchange we were given new identities as Equestrian native, with even “real” parents. So here we are. And that's why I don't want you to talk about it to Sweetie. She is to be Equestrian and live as such without anything to restrain her, and I'll be there for her forever, as my mother asked.

*****

The silence rose again, and eyes filled up with tears. Only Fluttershy moved and slowly walked to give Rarity a hug. One after the other, the girls joined in. A couple of minutes past and Sunset broke free.

“Okay, I must admit I didn't expected that.” she wipped her teary eyes. “That was some story all right. But don't worry, I'll never tell anybody. Right girls ?”

There was a chorus of agreement while they let Rarity breathe again. Though Applejack stayed a bit longer and wore a look of uncertainty while she broke off.

“Is something wrong darling ?” Rarity asked.

“No, well, I've just something on my mind.”

“Do you want to... talk about it ?”

“I... I'm not sure.” Applejack answered, averting her eyes.

“Actually” began Fluttershy softly. “I think I'd like to be the next one.” She glanced apologeticaly at Rainbow Dash. “I mean, if you're okay with that, Rainbow ?” she hid herself behind the pink curtain of her hair.

“Totally ! I mean, you're so gonna have the most awesome story.” Rainbow replied punching Fluttershy softly on th shoulder. “And it might in fact help to sort things out about me.”

Fluttershy took a low breath and begins.

“This isn't so much my story but Rainbow's and mine. And it will give you a bit more … insight about our relationship.” She began seemingly fighting to find her words.

“If it's about you two being together, everybody in school already knows about it, you know ?” Pinkie said a big smile on her face.

Fluttershy nearly shine red in the shadowy room while Rainbow threw at Pinkie her most evil glare and growled “My point, precisely.” while the other came out with a unanimous “Shut up Pinkie !”

After some reasuring, some scolding and a hot cocoa for everybody, Fluttershy was ready to start again.

*****

Well, to sum up the story to a maximum, I've been shot down once.

The room was full of blank stares, aside from Rainbow offering a steady shoulder to Fluttershy.

I mean, with a gun.

There were some blabbers rapidly killed by Rainbow's stare.

It all happenned in middle school. Back then there was a girl that was the terror in and out of school. She had her minions, she bullied everybody that wasn't in her group and at first I was afraid she might turn on me, but the more I watched out for her, the more I felt attracted. The power she weilded even against older boys, the respect she had, and before I understand how, I was in her group. Some times later, I took actions for her, and in less than two month, I was to her right, ever watching. Things continued for a while, her doing what she did best, being mean, and me beeing her right hand and watching her back. At the time I didnt understand my feelings, but now I can tell it. I was in love with her. And in case you have any doubt, yes this was Rainbow Dash.

Pinkie opened her month in glee, but slowly shut it down while looking around her.

The more time passes, the more Rainbow got into being harsh outside of school. Some children were beaten, other were stolen their money repetidly, and many were broken and just let us do whatever we wanted with them. But one time, things went down hill. A boy we were bullying, like everyday, had been pushed to far. He knew we were going to got him that day and he had stolen the gun of his father that worked in the military. When we arrived and Rainbow walked to him he pointed the gun at her. I don't know how long it took, but it seemed to last forever and I jumped to push Rainbow out of the line. The next thing I know, I'm on the floor with the biggest stomach ach of my life and there is screaming and people running, but there is also a rainbow of light that is taking me throug the streets. I woke up two days after in the hospital, and the first thing I saw was Rainbow watching me with the worst sleep deprived eyes I've ever seen. And I was so happy because for the first time she was looking and seeing me.

*****

Fluttershy stoped her story and hugged brieffly Rainbow who returned it and gave her a peck on the cheek.

There was a hight pitched “Aaaawwww” and Pinkie hid behind a pillow when Rainbow turn to her.

“Guess it's my turn to end the story” Said Rainbow gently stroking the shoulder of a rapidly drowning in shame Fluttershy.

*****

I think Fluttershy sumed up pretty well our meeting. But that was only the beginning of our friendship. When she was in the hospital I had a lot of time to think and I realized she gave me something that I never had and never nedded before, someone that really cared for me. But I also realized that living being an unsufferable jerk to others because I could would only hurt her more, so I decided that I'd spend my life protecting her as she did for me instead. There were a lot of problems after she could leave the hospital, with lots of complaints and police involvement and I got in a lot of trouble for what I did. But once things were over, I couldn't bare to stay there and Fluttershy got way shyier and scared than she was before. She even began to shut herself from others because she was ashamed of her scars, I mean, have you ever seen her belly ? Of couse not. I hope one day she'll get over this. So we talked to our parents and eventualy we moved to Canterlot. From there we started from scratch to be the best friends we could be and help each other no matter what. But then Fluttershy come clean to me and explained how she felt about me. It was hard to admit but... I'm staight as a ruler, and not a bendy one Pinkie. For some time I didn't know what to do but finaly I realized something. Fluttershy mattered more to me than anything, so if I could gave her what she wanted, it was far less than what she did for me. So there it is. It's true than Fluttershy and I are kinda together, but despite of it, I'm into boys only. You might say she's my best friend with drawbacks. But if anyone have anything to say about it they're going to meet my right fist, and if anyone have issues over me behing with Flutter, they're gonna meet my left.

*****

There was another round of group hugging and Pinkie raised her hand while it finished.

“Yeah Pinkie ?” Rainbow nodded suspiciously.

“So you're bi ? I thought you flirting with guys was a cover !”

Applejack facepalmed, Twilight put both her hands on her mouth, Rarity mouthed a 'Oh dear' and hissed while Sunset braced herself expecting Pinkie to be slapped.

Rainbow sight, “Yeah, think of it that way if you want.” She then smiled. “You know what, it's good to come clean, I was always a bit nervous you'd find out but finaly it's not that bad.”

Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity all nodded.

Pinkie which have been forced to stay silent and calm for way too long jumped again on her bed and asked exitedly “Who's next ? Who's next ? This is so much fun !”

Twilight adverted her eyes, a bit of shame on her face while Applejack stared absentmindly at Rarity. Finaly Sunset spoke.

“Hum, guys, I think I can call 'not it' on this one. I mean, I'm a magical pony unicorn that came from another world and seeked revenge trying to conquer my homeworld by destroying friendships on my way and turning into a raging she demon able to brainwash crowds.” She punched her own shoulder and smiled, “Non taken.” She looked at Twilight that discretly shook her head then turn to Applejack. “So, Applejack, feeling up to it ?”

The farm girl took a big breath and let out a long sigh. “Okay, but I have to make the same claim as Rarity. Don't ever talk about this to anybody, especialy Apple Bloom.” She glared menacingly, “And I mean it” All nodded. “And I don't want to be interrupted, it'll be hard enough.”

The air felt cold instantly and everyone said “yes” and installed themselves comfortably to listen their friend, Fluttershy now able to snuggle against a grumpy Rainbow.

*****

I'm not sure how to say it, so I'm just gonna tell you my story. The story of what happened a decade ago. As you all know, both my parents died in a car accident when I was 12 and our farm had a hard time, but Big Mac and Granny managed to keep things going. I even had to help a lot doing chores while I cope with my parents death. That's a part of the reason I'm so late in my studies, I missed a few years of school and was set back in some diciplines. But the truth is it's a bit more complicated. When my parents died, I was at first devastated. I barely eat, I didn't get out of my room and couldn't focus on anything. But after a month Big Mac and Granny finaly managed to get me to go back to school and try to keep my head focused on my studies. It worked some time but it wasn't enough, so I began to go to sleep overs at some classmate's houses and having fun kept me working. So much that I was doing it more and more and that Granny was happy for me and let me at it even if my grades were suffering a bit. As for Big Mac, he didn't paid much attention to me as he had to take full charge of the farm and droped out of his first year of college. With all of it, they didn't realized I was going a bad way. Days after days, I was going to less and less harmless parties. I'm not sure how but I began to be invited to grown up parties, and I discovered new ways to forget about my parents. First alcool, then sex. In a few weeks, I was almost addicted to it, it had become my way to don't think about things. I had a lot of numbers in my cell phone, I could find a party every day if I wanted , and of course I could find a partner every night. But one day, things went wrong. I had gain an entrance to some place where were suposedly thrown the best parties in town and decided to try it. I only knew a couple of people there but thought it would be fine. It hadn't. Someone gave me a pill telling me it made the party funnier and the anxiety fade, and it was true, for a couple of minutes, because I never knew what happened next. I woke up sick and sore on some dirty mattress in a back room, my head thumping, my body aching and covered in... fluids. And at this point, I think you finaly guessed what happened. Apple Bloom is not my sister. She's my daughter. Granny managed to have the administration changing dates for her to be legaly recognized as my parents daughter, and I raised her as being my little sister. And because we don't want her to know she's born from a rape on a trash I was back then, she'll never ever gonna hear about it.

*****

Applejack opened her eyes and they instantly filled with tears when she realized what she just tell and when she crossed eyes with six stares of worry and astonishment. Fluttershy was suppressing sobs hugging Rainbow's arm who was in turn absentmindly stroking her hair, Rarity seemed a bit lost in thought and caressing her belly, Sunset was mouthing inaudible words while Pinkie had produced a hot cocoa from simingly nowhere and handed it to a now shamefully crying Applejack.

“There, there” said soothingly Pinkie in a way a lot of people would have thought 'out of character'. She then sat behind her crying friend and put her arms around her shoulders, leaning her chin on it. “You know I don't like to see my friends crying, the only tears I want to see are joy ones.” The farm girl bagan to calm down and her usualy hyperactive friend just cradled her slowly while huming in her ear until she recovered of her brakedown.

“Better ?” Pinkie asked.

“Yeah.” Applejack finaly answered in a croaky voice. “Sorry about that. It's the first time I ever spoke of it. I didn't thought it would hit me that hard.”

Applejack looked around the room at her friends and saw that they seemed to have recover from their previous states. Even if Fluttershy's eyes were still puffy. She then saw that Twilight didn't looked so good after all. Her latest friend that had been a bit more discreet than the others during the night was now clearly trying to disapear into her sleeping bag with a clear look of fear and shame on her face. When their eyes met Twilight's eyes began to shimmer again and she ostensibly looked at the wall.

“And how Big Mac feels about it ?” Asked Rainbow shyly.

“I'd prefer not to talk about it anymore, please.” the girl replied. “In fact I'd like some time to think, if it don't bother you.”

The group of friends agreed to take a brake and Pinkie managed to produced two bottles of soda while everybody was sure they finished them all a while ago, the bottles were brightly welcome though because tea and cocoa couldn't be enough to fight the tiredness anymore. They drank and ate some cookies and soon they were talking about each other's secret. Asking details, arguind wich one was the more surprizing, or awesome depending on who was talking or even showing off their reminder of the past, they didn't paid attention to the time flowing, waiting for Applejack to be ready to continue the night. Said Applejack stayed quite a long time, needing to think a bit of the risk she'd just taken, but also watching another quiet girl.

Twilight listened intently at her friends talking and bickering, and minutes after minutes she grew agitated because she knew her time was coming close, and soon she'd be asked to talk. She occasionaly glanced at Applejack, and each time she saw her looking back. Her fate was in AJ's hands, and when she'd decided it, Twilight would have to speak. She knew it, AJ knew it, and the wait was insufferable.

“Okay, I think we can move on.” Said Applejack a bit cheerfull. The girls stoped in a strange pause with a red Futtershy with her shirt rolled up showing off a nasty round scar on her belly, Rainbow to her side a smug grin on her face while Rarity, Sunset and Pinkie looked at it like predators. “I think Twilight would like to be the next one. I'm pretty sure she have a lot to say.” She added, a warmth in her voice.

Every stares turned to Twight which let escape a whimper and tried to hide behind a pillow.

“Come on Twiley, everybody went throug, it's your turn.” Said Pinkie beginning another sugar rush. She jumped off od the bed and fall cross-legged on the floor. “I'm ready for another drama bomb.”

“That's right darling, I think we should get this over with. My beaty sleep is far beyond now, I guess we can continue to the end.” Added Rarity, applying some refreshing cream under her eyes.

They all took their place and looked at Twilight, awaiting her to begin her story.

Twilight stamered a bit her eyes tearing up, then exploded.

*****

I have nothing to say ! Nothing, zitch. I... I don't belong here.

It would be an understatment to say the other were taken by surprise. But they all did what they had realized to be the best way to act during the night, they kept quiet and listened.

I don't know why I'm your friend anymore. I don't know if I ever was. You've known each others for several years by now, and each of you have made lots of memories with every others. But you met in a younger state when it's easy to get along, and I was afraid that I couldn't become that intimate with you. Now I know I won't ever be.

Twilight's voice became wavering and shame was easily heared.

Pinkie organised this night so we can all become linked forever, even if we get separated. Each of you shared your most important secret, things that are purely astonishing for some, and those will be your secrets to keep you from ever forget your friendship. This is a trust I would love to be part of. But I have nothing. We don't belong to the same world. I'm from a upper middle class, my parents earn a lot of money, I went in a hight prestige preparatory school, the same my brother went and where he met his fiancé who works as dean there now and who frankly can help getting paperwork done for any registration. I was a prized pupil who could get a private laboratory at school. I was a loved daughter that got everything she ever wanted. I was a very special little sister to her brother that ever took care of her. Nothing out of normal ever happened to me, nothing went wrong in my life. So, how am I to relate to any of you ? How am I to be part of a friendship that everything seems to show as asomething I don't deserve. I thought Cadance was wrong for wanting me to make friends. I've received so much my whole life, and I have nothing to give in return and here it happened again, you gave me a one way friendship I can't be returning. I'm sorry.

*****

Twilight weeped her puffy eyes and got up, walking to the house's door. When to reach it a hand landed on her shoulder, stoping her. She slowly turn to see Sunset, a stern look on her face.

“You didn't think you'll get away with this, did you ?”

“Well, I kinda did for a second.” Twilight answered.

A few moment later Sunset was walking her back to Pinkie's room and siting her on the bed. All the girls were lookin at her with all the rainbow of disaproving stares. Sunset was the first to talk.

“So what you're saying is that you're not enough of the same social class to be friend with us ? That we're all so alike that we can do nothing but being friends but that you should be left alone ?” She began before continuing in a more angry tone. “This group of girls, of my friends, are the most accepting people I've ever seen. After all, they accepted me as friend and taught me how to be a good one. Me, the girl that tried to hurt them, to brainwash them. You're thinking too high of yourself Twilight, because I thought I was not enough of the same WORLD to befriend anybody, but they accepted me.” Sunset sigh and continued her speech in a more subdued voice. “It's not about you Twilight, it's about everyone else. It's not yours to tell if you can be our friend. If you can try to be ours then it's up to us to decide if you're able to be. And until today, I never had a doubt.”

Sunset had finish what she had to say and so looked around to anyone that had anything to add. Rarity took the opportunity.

“She's right darling. What's important is not where you came from and what memories you have with people, and right now I think you can't deny that I do know the subject. I decided to leave my past behind me to start anew. All the people I've met, including the girls” she gestured at all six of her friends, “only know me for who I am since I live in equestria. We can be your friend without knowing your past, and that's because we're friends that we can talk about it with no shame and no fear of being rejected. What's important is you as we saw you when you're with us. What mater is that you can trust your friends whatever they came from, because friendship have no barrier.”

Rarity smiled warmly at Twilight which shifted and tried to reply.

“But...”

“No but !” interrupted Rainbow. “I can't believe what you just said. We can't be friends because your life wasn't fucked up enough ? I'll tell you what can make a friendship impossible. It's when your once best friend bully your actual best friend ! It happened once to me, a old friend of mind came in touch several years after we moved town. Her name was Gilda, she used to be as mean as me and hadn't change a bit. We hanged out a few times and it was fun, but she had in her mind that it was Flutershy's fault if I wasn't a leader as I used to be and she came after her when I was away. I had to make the easiest choice of my life and run her out of town, choosing Fluttershy above my past. But you know what's the most important part of this story ? Fluttershy convinced me to give her another chance and go talk to her, and now even if we don't see often, I'm glad to call Gilda my friend. And you know how Fluttershy made me change my mind and reach out to Gilda ? She told me … “ Rainbow pointed her finger to Fluttershy which continued the phrase.

“I told her 'Friends aren't people who never fuck up, it's people who are worth forgiving over and over when they do, so at least give her another chance.'.” She blushed. “Of course I didn't formulated it like this at first but I had to if I wanted Rainbow to listen to me on the matter. What you must understand Twilight, Rainbow is trying to say that you didn't even fucked up once and we're all ready to forgive you anyway. Because we are friends, and right now you never did anything to proove that wrong, but even if you did we would be ready to give you another chance.”

Twilight's eyes were tearing up again, her feelings having been strained a lot during the night. Though she managed to ask without a fault n her voice.”

“You don't think I don't belong here tonight ?”

“Why would we, sugarcube ?” retorted Applejack. “That's quite a secret you revealed to us tonight.”

“Ugh ?” Was what Twilight could only respond before the farm girl continued.

“I know my fair trade about family, the Apple family being one of the most extensive of the country. I have lots of consins I like, even more I don't even know about, and when we do get in touch the only thing that matter is that we're family, so we take care of one another. My bonds with Granny and my brother are the bigest thing in my life and we couldn't have kept the farm without my cousin Braeburn and his family. So I understand fairly well how you must feel about your family that was always here for you. But it's precisely the lack of one part of my family that gave me somethig more. Without my parents, I obtained a lot of confidence and love through my friends, and tonight you just confessed to us that your perfect family filled you up so much with love and entourage that you never had a friend to fill up a lack. And so much that you've probably ended up thinking they were a liability to your happyness. I can tell you, I'm sorry you so much lacked friendship in your youth, and the way you though tonight just confirmed it.” Applejack turned concerned. “The fact that you thought of yourself unworthy of our friendship is clearly a sign that you deserve all of it.

Twilight looked around her and stamered “I don't know what to say.”

“Then say nothing silly.” Pinkie cheered. “You had me scared for a moment here, I thought you didn't want to be our friend. But the girls are right, you're worthy of our friendship, and we're gonna give it to you either you want it, or not. And it's a Pinkie promess that we'll never revealed your terrible secret that you're secretly a spoiled rotten child that arrived so far through the use of your family's welth and relatives positions into the educational system.” She winked at Twilight who blanked out a few seconds before bursting out in laughter.

“Okay Pinkie, when you put it that way I do have a somewhat messed up past too.” she winked back. Then looked around her. “Thank you, all of you. I was afraid that being so different of you and not having a way to even relate a slightest to your passed was going to put a ridge between us. I'm glad it didn't. I don't know why I was so afraid, I guess I'm still not that good at the whole friends thing. Thank you again.”

“Group hug !” shouted Pinkie, jumping on Twilight's back. Everybody joined in but soon Rarity broke off.

“That was some eventfull night, and while I'm pretty sure I'll have to gossip everyone of you in the comings days, I think it'll be good to head toward our beds. I'm positively sore, and I don't know how many time it'll take to recover from such a stay awake. Don't you agree ?”

The whole group agreed and got prepared to sleep. That night a lot of thinking was made and the dream realm filled with stories more intricated one than the others, but seven girls slept with uplifted hurt and a far less opressing burden.

Author's Note:

This story is born from s6e23 when there was no parents or Apple Bloom in AJ's youth, so I had this idea she might be Apple Bloom mother. This idea stuck and I imagined how it would be in the EqG universe. Then I decided to create stupid dark past for the whole cast and have fun with it. I also liked to find a way for Rainbow not to just be a lesbian, I find this kind of lame at some point.
Please tell any error you spot (should be a lot).
Tell me if you enjoy and what could be improved. #;)

Comments ( 5 )

“Did you know I once *were in a gang ?”

“Did you know I was once in a gang ?”

The girls *exept for *Sunsett and Twilight *noded, a bit of apprehension on their faces.

The girls except for Sunset and Twilight nodded, a bit of apprehension on their faces.

Well, it happen when I go back to the way I was back then.

This sentence does not make a lot of sense.

He *tought me how to smuggle dope without getting caught, then he *braught me to collect debts and then taught me how to use a knife and one day he offered me this little guy.

*taught and *brought

Rainbow was spooked beyond *resonnable, eyes locked on the switch blade.

*reason

The others were different *shade of confusion.

*shades

The *akward silence came back several long seconds before Rarity broke it.

The *awkward silence continued for several long seconds before Rarity broke it

“But I need your promise that you'll never talk of this to anybody, especially *Sweety Belle !”

*Sweetie Belle

“I... I'm not sure.” *applejack *aswered, averting her eyes.

*Applejack *answered

“*Actualy” began Fluttershy softly.

*Actually

“*Totaly ! I mean, you're so gonna have the most awesome story.”

*Totally

“If it's about you two being together, everybody in school know it, you know ?” Pinkie said a big smile on her face.

“If it's about you two being together, everybody in school already knows about it, you know ?” Pinkie said a big smile on her face.

The room was fill up with blank stares, aside from Rainbow offering a steady shoulder to Fluttershy.

The room was full of blank stares, aside from Rainbow offering a steady shoulder to Fluttershy.

Applejack facepalmed, Twilight put both her hands on her mouth, Rarity mouthed a 'Oh dear' and hissed while Sunset braced herself expecting Pinkie to be *slaped.

*slapped

“So, Applejack, feeling up to ?”

“So, Applejack, feeling up to it ?”

She glared menacingly, “And I mean it” All *noded.

*nodded

The air felt cold instantly and everyone said “yes” and installed themselves *compfortably to listen their friend, Fluttershy now able to snuggle against a grumpy Rainbow.

*comfortably

7901793 Thank you a lot. :)

7905361 Your welcome:derpytongue2:

In Rarity's story you used "militaries" when "military" would work just fine. Unless of course Equestria and the Republic Democratic of Horsanda have multiple militaries.
There were a couple others but it was more of just switching letters.

Good story btw!

7988818 Thank you. :)

Login or register to comment