• Published 26th Jan 2017
  • 1,420 Views, 36 Comments

Cold - Script Singer



Twilight had gone through many adventures. But she never could have made without her friends. Until a terrible accident occurs.

  • ...
3
 36
 1,420

(6) Goodbye

Twilight could hear faint voices; she had been asleep for a while, trying to clear her mind of the pain she was feeling.

Stay with us, Spike...

Hang in there...

Twilight weakly opened her eyes. She stared at her brother, who was on another bed a few feet away from her. As she moved around on the bed, she felt something wrapped around her wing.

"We're losing him!"

Twilight opened her eyes wide. She turned her head in the direction of the voice and saw a crowd of ponies. Over the clamor of voice, she heard a heart monitor beeping.

"Spike?!" Twilight uttered. Twilight tried to walk toward him, swaying slightly, but only managed to see his head for a moment until another pony blocked her view.

She felt somepony put a hoof on her shoulder, and she looked up to find Celestia there.

"Come with me," Celestia said quietly.

Twilight walked outside of the room with her, shutting the door behind her. She tried to block out the conversation in the other room.

"What's going on?" Twilight asked. "What's wrong with Spike?"

Celestia hung her head. "He tried to save you from the attack. Chrysalis..." Celestia didn't need to finish her sentence; Twilight knew what Chrysalis did.

"Is he going to be okay?"

Celestia stayed silent.

The sudden silence in the other room answered Twilight's question.

"Spike!" Twilight burst into the room and ran towards the table.

The ponies were spread out and hung their heads, causing Twilight to stop dead in her tracks.

She was too late...

She looked at the one pony who remained standing over by Spike. They turned to Twilight with a look of sorrow in their eyes.

Twilight walked slowly toward the dragon and stared at him, tears falling from her eyes.

"Spike..." she whispered as she took hold of his claw.

"Princess, I'm sorry. We did our best." the pony said.

Twilight glared at the pony. "You should have tried harder!" she growled.

"There was nothing else we could do your highness..."

"You could have saved him!"

"Twilight, please!" Celestia yelled, causing Twilight to stop and turn around. After a few moments of looking at her mentor, she burst out of the room crying.


Twilight sat outside in the rain, sobbing. As she cried, Celestia came out and stood next to her, putting her hoof on her shoulder.

"I know this is hard for you," she said.

Twilight stared at her with tears in her eyes. "I raised him from an egg..." Twilight cried. "I loved him... he was my... my..."

She couldn't finish her sentence, choking on her words.

Celestia put her hoof around her.

"It's time to say goodbye, Twilight,"

Twilight stared at her former teacher.

"But..." Twilight stuttered. "I... I don't want to say goodbye... Spike's my friend."

"So is Pinkie, and Applejack, along with all of your friends. But we must let go of some things in our lives."

Twilight looked away. "This was all my fault. They died because of me..." Flash's face came to the forefront of her mind. "Flash..." she whispered.

"Died trying to protect you and your sister." Celestia finished her sentence. "He was a part of the royal guard; it was his duty."

Twilight hung her head and shut her eyes. "But... I... I love him..." Twilight muttered. "I wanted to be with him." Twilight opened her eyes and looked at Celestia. "And Spike was still only a child... My friends weren't even middle-aged."

"Twilight Sparkle," Celestia uttered. Twilight stared into her eyes, feeling small in comparison with Celestia's height. "I understand the loss of your friends was very hard for you, as was for me on losing such good ponies of Equestria. But we must let go before any more harm can be done. Do you understand?" Twilight hung her head. "Do you understand?" Celestia repeated.

"Yes, Princess..."

Celestia put her wing around her as they walked back into the room.

"Your brother was very brave, helping to save you and Cadence like that." Twilight looked at her brother, still unconscious. "He almost died trying to save you."

Twilight walked up to her brother's side, watching his slow breaths. She stared at him with anger for what he did, but regardless of how much anger she felt towards him, she still loved her brother.

How could you, Shining...? Twilight thought. How could you do this to my friends and me?


A few hours passed. Twilight lay in her bed, trying to get some sleep, but to no avail. So many thoughts were running through her mind, and none of them welcomed. She sighed and turned over, hoping to stop the memories and thoughts from continuing.

As she struggled, Celestia and Luna were talking in the other room. They had thought that she had fallen asleep.

"Chrysalis is far stronger than the last time we faced her," Luna said. "Her magic has changed somehow..."

"What have you learned from the spell she cast on Twilight?" Celestia asked.

"Poisoned Darkness. When cast, it causes the victim to grow dizzy and slowly kills them through their mind. The spell cast on her Element appears to be the same spell, but was made to have the work done faster."

"Can you stop it?"

"That's just it. The spell is so strong that if we try to remove it, it will put her life on the line. It's still in her and is a part of her, so it's connected in a way to her soul. I can slow down the spell, but it can't be stopped."

Celestia hung her head. "We must figure out a way to stop it. We must."

Tears fell out of Twilight's eyes as she listened to the Princesses. It was connected, she could feel it.

"The best thing we can do for her right now is to try and help her."


The day of the funeral came, and it was one of the worst days of Twilight's life. It was the day she had to say goodbye to her friends, and the stallion of her dreams.

Tears fell from her eyes as she watched the coffins being walked over to their graves.

Spike, Pinkie, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Flash, all of them had been given their own colored coffins and headstones.

They were slowly lowered into the ground. Twilight put a flower in each of them and left notes for each of them.

For Spike, she wrote...

Spike,

A dragon who would always be there for you.

A friend,

A son...

The rest of them read...

Pinkie Pie,

A pony of many words,

A pony of many parties,

One who would always put a smile on your face...

Applejack,

A hard-working and honest pony,

You could always trust she would be honest with you...

Rainbow Dash,

The pony who would always be there for you,

Who could always be relied on...

Rarity,

A pony who would always be willing to help,

A pony who would always be generous...

Fluttershy,

A pony who would always be kind to friends,

A pony who would always know the kind thing to do...

Flash,

The stallion of my dreams...

The love of my life...

She slowly put each note into each hole and watched them fill up with dirt. She walked back over to her friend's graves when they had all been filled.

"Thanks a lot, girls..." She whispered. "Goodbye, Spike..." Twilight walked over to Flash's grave. She left a small bouquet of roses on top of his grave. She kissed her hoof and put it on the gravestone. "I love you..." she whispered, before walking away from the graves, sobbing as the rain poured down her mane.

Celestia put her wing around her and brought her close.

"How could Shining Armor do this to me...?" Twilight whispered. She had felt many things at this moment, but the most prevalent feeling was that of betrayal.

The betrayal of her brother.