• Published 24th Jan 2017
  • 505 Views, 12 Comments

The legend of Lee Roy - EternalPony



There was once a legend known through out Equestria, He protected every soul with his friends by his side. But when tragedy struck he was pulled through time, now he meets his greatest challenge not being a hero

  • ...
3
 12
 505

The Hero Emerges

It turns out Lee Roy isn’t especially quiet.

The stallion insisted on leading them - even if he had no idea where they were going.

Lee Roy was far clumsier than she would have guessed, he seemed to hit every branch and twig he came across.

Him being so large was another problem, they tracked through the forest with ease. Lee Roy on the other hoof was assaulted by low hanging branches, vines, and other foliage. They may have been tracking for only a short time, but with all the foliage coupled with his clumsiness, Lee Roy started to look quite beat up.

On top of all of this Lee Roy strangely kept his head low - fortunately, this did save him from large amounts of foliage hitting his head, Lee Roy also stayed about three paces near her at all times - for whatever reason.

“Lee Roy, maybe I should lead, I can move the foliage for you.” Twilight insisted.

“Yes, Princess.” Lee Roy muttered with a small bow - or she thought it was a bow, letting her pass.

With her leading their walk, through the forest was much faster, she was holding onto her end of the bargain using her magic to gently move bits of foliage away. Lee Roy on the other hoof continued to keep his head low keeping to her right about three paces away.

Behind Lee Roy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Rarity followed shortly with Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy bringing up the rear.

Spike of course hitching another ride on her.

She almost regretted asking all of those questions earlier, because the walk back to Ponyville was almost too quiet- even with Pinkie with us, thankfully Spike broke the silence.

Hey, Lee Roy, what are you doing?” Spike asks, looking down at the stallion.

“I don’t know what you mean dragon.” Lee Roy answers. “I’m sorry, I never got your name.” Lee Roy apologizes.

Spike waves away Lee Roy’s words “Nah, it’s fine. I’m used to it by now. By the way, the names Spike.”

“What do you mean when you say, what are you doing, Spike?” Lee Roy questions.

“Why are you keeping your head so low?” Spike asks.

“Ah, a guard's head may never be as high as the princesses.” He pauses “It is most disrespectful.” Lee Roy explains.

“So, why are you following so closely?” Spike questions.

“Again, a guard must keep a respectable distance away from the pony he is guarding.” Lee Roy answers.

“Your guarding Twilight?” Spike utters.

Lee Roy raises an eyebrow, “Of course I am, she is a princess she must be guarded, I would do anything to give her the proper respect.” Lee Roy states.

Pinkie hearing the exchange, bounds over to Twilight with a mischievous grin.

“Anything,” Pinkie asks.

“Of course.” Lee Roy states

She reacts by suddenly gently pushing Twilight forward.

“Pinkie!” Twilight remarks looking back at her.

Lee Roy reacts by speeding up to keep the distance required.

Pinkie then stops pushing Twilight, Lee Roy slows down keeping the same distance as before.

Pinkie laughs hysterically gently pushing Twilight’s head down.

“Pinkie!” Twilight remarks again.

Lee Roy reacts by putting his head much lower, to which Pinkie giggles loudly and gently pushes Twilight's head even lower.

”Pinkie!” Twilight hisses.

With Lee Roy being so big, and Twilight being the size she is there was no way for Lee Roy to put his head any lower.

So, Lee Roy reacts by laying down.

With the sudden stop, the others bump and trip over the large stallion, causing quite a crash.

She shoots daggers at Pinkie, who laughs nervously in apology before quickly galloping over to help the others.

Lee Roy quickly gets up, his head still lower than her’s. He helps Applejack and Rarity up, giving them apologetic nervous smiles and small rapid bows.

“Lee Roy, thank you for going to such great lengths not to disrespect me, but this is not needed. Please walk as you normally would.” Twilight asks, looking down at him

“Is that an order?” Lee Roy asks with a stony expression.

“No, it’s a suggestion - I just want you to be comfortable.” Twilight states with a calm expression.

Lee Roy finally straightens up to his full height. “Thank you, Princess.” Lee Roy says with a deep bow.

“Please, call me Twilight.” She urged.

“Yes, Prin- Twilight.” Lee Roy answers, giving her a small bow.

Suddenly a strange gurgle echoed throughout the area, Lee Roy’s expression suddenly changes “Ugh, ladies if you would excuse me.” He said, trotting quickly off in a different direction.

“What’s the matter, Lee Roy? Is something wrong? Do you need help?” Twilight said stepping forward with a worried expression.

“Yeah, where do you think you’re going?” Rainbow Dash adds.

“NO!, no just stay here, I'll be right back.” Lee Roy yells back sprinting further away.


Several minutes go by, as they wait for Lee Roy.

She was starting to get worried about him, leaving so suddenly.

Twilight looks off into the distance where Lee Roy left.

She just hopes whatever he is doing, he is okay - with the two thousand years old thing and all.

With all that waiting they all just decided to make camp, it was about lunchtime anyway and I am famished - she didn’t get to have much to eat during their little break.

Rarity and Applejack volunteered to cook for everyone - using a small pot Applejack brought with her. Spike got a small fire going instantly then immediately back to reading the book about Lee Roy.

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie were making themselves useful dashing off into the woods and arriving shortly with forelegs full of firewood.

Which only left Fluttershy and her waiting patiently next to the fire, waiting for the food, or for Lee Roy to come back, whichever came first.

I for one, found myself retreating back to my thoughts.

We now have a stallion protector, who is super strong was somehow untouched by magic by what he says is a curse and apparently protected Celestia and Luna - he even fought Medusa, only to get turned to stone for two thousand years. Only to break out just as we arrive in the courtyard his statue self-was kept in.

If she hasn't seen him in person, she would have just written this entire day off as a weird dream or a poorly written fanfiction.

But there was evidence stacked against this train of thought, she remembered back to where they first met the stallion, he yelled ‘Duratus’ if she remembers correctly he was telling them to freeze or stay still.

He then hollered ‘Quis es’ she was sure this meant “who are you” meaning he was just as scared of us as we were scared of him.

The way he carried himself, the way he talked, the way he dressed, the old, weird traditions he upholds these just scream “ancient pony”.

I’ve have seen some really crazy things before, Lee Roy is just out there.

“Twilight!” Spike yelled pulling on her mane to get her attention, pulling her out of thought.

“Oh, sorry Spike I was just thinking.” Twilight uttered.

“Jeez, Twilight you're getting lost in thought a lot lately.” Spike remarks with a sly smile.

Twilight laughs nervously rubbing her neck a little, “I know.” She says.

“I was just wondering what you think of Lee Roy so far, Twilight?” he asks, looking up at her.

She blinks, What does she think? She really doesn’t know how to answer that question.

“What do you think, Spike?” Twilight asks.

“I think he’s cool! He is just like who he is in the book - kind, chivalrous, strong and huge! He’s like a real-life superhero! ” Spike exclaims excitedly.

“I second that!” Pinkie yells, giving Spike a high hoof.

“What about you, Applejack? You seem a little quiet lately?” Twilight says, turning to her.

“Well, he gives me the hebejebes.” She shudders. "Also, I think I heard stories of this Lee Roy fellow." She continues with a nervous expression.

“You have? When?” Twilight asks, both she and Spike suddenly intrigued.

“When I was really small like, my great pappy would tell me of a pony that could defeat dragons and even move mountains if he wanted. He may have helped a lot of pony folk but … ” Applejack shivers "It just ain't natural is what I am sayin'." She adds.

“I for one do believe he is a fine gentlecolt. Although he could use some help with his fashion sense.” Rarity states

“How could you guys just be okay with him!?” Rainbow Dash hollers, making everypony jump.

“This guy hurt Twilight so bad, she can’t even use magic!” Rainbow states

“I’m fine Rainbow, my horn doesn’t sting much anymore.” Twilight reconciled.

“That’s not the point Twilight, you didn’t see yourself when he hurt you.” She pauses “I never want to see my friends getting hurt ever again.”

I, I agree with Rainbow." Fluttershy silently added. "I mean he’s not as scary as I thought. There is something about him." Fluttershy shivers.

“What about you Twilight?” Spike questions.

“Me, well I-” She starts until suddenly a flurry of noise that only could be Lee Roy stomping his way towards them.

Lee Roy bounds toward them - for some reason from the opposite direction that he had left. He let out a loud breath “No one go over there for a while.” Lee Roy states pointing in the direction he went. “Sorry for the wait, I picked up some mint on my way back,” Lee Roy says, sheepishly chewing.

“You made us wait, for mint!?” Rainbow Dash asks, obviously annoyed.

“I said I was sorry.” He replies, before clearing his throat. “I’m horribly,” he pauses, “... addicted to the stuff. I couldn’t help myself.” He says sheepishly.

“Plus I kind of smell, I hoped to spare you all.” Lee Roy added with a sour expression.

Rainbow Dash rolls her eyes.

“It's okay, Lee Roy, I didn’t mind waiting.” Twilight reply's reassuring.

“May I.” he pauses “ join you?” Lee Roy asks.

She just motions for him to sit down.

Lee Roy lays down with a flop, sitting across from her.

The others already done with what they were doing take their seats around the fire, sifting through their bags snacking on whatever they had left, Lee Roy sat there patiently watching them.

“You okay Lee Roy? She questions, looking at his expression.

“You want something?” Spike adds.

“No, no, you girls keep eating, I got mint.” Lee Roy says throwing up a hoof in defense.

But just then, a sudden growl breaks the quiet chewing of the rest of them - Lee Roy’s stomach.

“Your stomach betrays you.” Twilight teases.

Spike, Rarity and Pinkie laugh.

“I guess so.” Lee Roy says with a chuckle.

Suddenly with a flash of yellow, a sandwich falls onto Lee Roy’s forelegs he turns to watch Fluttershy dash away hiding behind Twilight and Rainbow Dash, she sheepishly peeks out giving Lee Roy a small smile.

“Thank you.” Lee Roy says quietly, giving her a slight nod.

He made short work of the sandwich, scarfing it down with ease.

Lee Roy takes a deep breath, then suddenly his expression changes - becoming far more stony than usual.

“Uh, what's this?” Lee Roy states pointing to the covered pot sitting in the low green flames of the fire.

Rarity and Applejack share a look.

“I - It’s just some veggies boiling, Darling.” Rarity finally answers.

“What! I thought you were boiling water!?” Lee Roy responds immediately standing.

He then quickly turns, scanning the tops of the trees looking frantically.

“Lee Roy, what’s wrong?” Twilight standing cocking her head to the side in confusion.

“We have to go.” He pauses “Now.” Lee Roy states immediately turning on his hooves taking the pot in his jaws and planting it into the ground causing the hot pot to sizzle in impact.

“Lee Roy!” Applejack cries standing “What the hay are ya doing, we were going to eat that!”

“We will bring it with us, wrap it with something.” he commanded.

Lee Roy then rushed to the campfire and hastily stamped it out, causing the rest of them to stand.

“Hey, bud! I got a bone to pick with you now!” Rainbow Dash snarls flying into the stallion's face.

“We will talk about this later Dash.” he pauses “we need to move.” Lee Roy commands “I can’t explain it’ll take too much time.”

“Packs on, Let’s move!” He ushers shoving each of them their packs.

"Well, I ain't going nowhere. We are settling this right here and right now.” Rainbow Dash replies crossing her forelegs in defiance.

Lee Roy continues to frantically scan the tree line.

This time Twilight followed his gaze, the canopy's wafted but there was no breeze then suddenly a large flock of birds takes flight flying away chirping incisively.

What’s going on?

“Get flying Dash! Or I’ll carry you out.” He said with a sudden serious tone.

“I-” Rainbow Dash snarled until she was interrupted with a sudden boom.

Lee Roy whips around taking a low stance “suus 'venire! Get behind me!” He commands.

Ripping through the trees, charging forward a large scaled beast its multiple heads snarling and drooling as it stomped into view before letting loose a deafening roar.

“Hydra!” Pinkie yells.


The hydra's many heads look down at them, licking their lips as long strings of saliva drips from their mouths.

They all seemed to freeze at the gigantic figure before them, this small moment felt like forever to Twilight, the waiting for the first move.

However, the first move did not go entirely as planned.

“AH! Everypony run!” Pinkie screamed, darting off to their left Fluttershy following her lead.

“Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash calls flying after the two.

“No! Don’t scatter, stay together!” Lee Roy calls out to them.

In their panic they paid him no mind and kept running, the hydra immediately took notice of the two panicking ponies.

Lee Roy suddenly galloped, charged towards them - looking back for only a moment.

“Stay there!” He barks turning back, continuing his charge.

A head shot forth smashing into the group creating a small crater and a corresponding cloud of thick dust.

Twilight calls out to them.

Her heart skipped a beat as the dust quickly settled, her eyes growing wide.

Her friends were completely unharmed, they were thrown from the impact but standing inside the crater was Lee Roy, his face a twisted snarl as he struggled against the hydras maw.

“Come on, get up!” He uttered.

Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash get up from the ground only for their eyes to widen at the spectacle.

“Get to Twilight! She is helpless!” He commanded lifting a large hoof punching the head making the hydra whip it’s back his head and roar in surprise.

“I’ll distract it, you girls sneak away.” Lee Roy instructs.

“Lee Roy the tail!” Rarity suddenly shouts running forward in desperation.

Fluttershy suddenly reacts pushing Rainbow and Pinkie out harm's way until her sudden scream as she instantly wrapped by the tail and pulled skyward.

“Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash cries.

“No!” Lee Roy Shouts.

The hydra started to wheeze, sounding to Twilight almost like laughter.

“You will not hurt the little lamb!” Lee Roy roars.

He fearlessly charges that soul-piercing gaze appearing once again.

“Oh no, you don’t.” Rainbow Dash mumbles, charging the hydra herself.

She could not just stand here - she knows just the spell to help the situation.

Her horn glowed with magic as she struggled to concentrate the spell into form.

But only useless sparks came.

She never felt so defeated in that moment but she steels herself, she doesn’t need magic she just needs her friends.

“Rarity, Applejack we need to help.” She commanded.

“Rarity tries to distract the hydra the best you can,” Twilight says putting a hoof on her shoulder.

Rarity nods, horn glowing stepping forward.

“Applejack we need Pinkie to distract that hydra, Lee Roy is going to need help dealing with it.” She says confidently.

Spike, Spike? She searched, she ended up finding him behind her hind leg looking up at a mix of awe and fear.

“Spike!” She yelled to get his attention.

“Uh yeah!” He says suddenly giving his attention

“I know this is really cool, but I need your help - we need to help Lee Roy.” She explains.

“Don’t think he needs that much help.” Spike states pointing.

A hydra head lunges forward, roaring in defiance. Lee Roy quick on his hooves leaps away at the last second - causing the head to crash into the forest floor.

Without much time to think another head came snapping, Lee Roy twisted around with a mighty roar punching the hydra right on the nose.

The hydra recoils his head being flown back, the creature bellowing and screeching in anger.

Fluttershy screams, as the tail that binds her shook and whipped violently.

“Little lamb!” Lee Roy cries “I’m coming!” He shouts.

“Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash screams. Flying in on mech speeds speeding past their heads.

“No, Rainbow!” Twilight called out in vain.

Another hydra’s head almost instantly intercepted, Rainbow responded by trying to fly over that hydra’s head until she was intercepted again with another.

“Uh oh.” She muttered her face a twisted in worry as she flew back - looking back for only a split second.

The two heads of the hydra give chase their jaws snapping as they followed her as she zig-zagged trying to desperately escape.

A sudden flurry of stones bombarded one of the heads, the head snaps to glare at Rarity.

Rarity flips her hair in defiance “ Unhoof her you, fiend.” She commands.

The head snarls and before anything could happen there was a large boom as it was hit by a mountain of creampie.

It quickly turned its attention to Pinkie Pie cheering and laughing as she fired mass amounts of the pie in its general direction - riding her party cannon around like a chariot.

Lee Roy smiled at Pinkie's spectacle display of a distraction, but a scream that could only be Rainbow Dash snapped him back to attention.

Rainbow Dash continued to zig-zag but the head of the hydra was gaining. It got close enough to snap at her hind hooves causing her to lose altitude sending her crashing to the ground - luckily only a short way down.

Rainbow skid a little then swiftly stood turning to fly once more, only to see the outstretched maw of the hydra.

Then out of nowhere Lee Roy lands in between them both Lee Roy once again enduring the hydra’s attack sliding a short distance stopping just before where Rainbow stood.

“Stop saving me!” She cries.

“Stop needing to be saved.” Lee Roy replied giving the hydra another punch sending the head recoiling away.

Rainbow Dash scoffs ready to take off.

“We will get her, to safety I promise.” Lee Roy states looking back at her.

Rainbow pauses at his words, then takes off saying nothing.


Meanwhile, Twilight, Applejack, and Spike were in the bushes, crouched low trying to keep as quiet as possible - even with the hydra well distracted.

They carefully inched shifting from bush to bush already coming very close to Fluttershy. Spike eyeing the spectacle of flying mountains of creampie, flurries of stone, daring flying and plenty of punching and shouting.

Twilight quickly turns to Applejack.“Come on we need to get moving, quickly.” Twilight urged her voice down to a whisper.

“Right behind ya, Twilight.” Applejack whispers stepping carefully.

Twilight turns back and immediately steps on a stick, causing a loud crack making them all jump.

“Quick!, Hide!” Applejack commands, as they both dive into the nearby bushes.

Sure enough, a head of the hydra comes to check out what was heard, the head scanning just beneath the treeline.

Twilight and Applejack stare at each other, Applejack put a hoof to her lips as the hydra’s head hovered from side to side continuing to scan until finally, it’s head stops just over the bush which they were hiding.

Twilight held her breath, Spike putting his claws over his mouth as it’s breathing hit them gently.

Then suddenly a small boom followed by a shout in gibberish make the head suddenly recoil hissing angrily before rocketing away - leaving them to pant regaining their breath.

They leave the bush quickly without a word shuffling as quickly and as quietly as they could.

Before long they finally make it. Fluttershy was several feet above them struggling with all her might with no avail.

“Psst! Fluttershy!” Twilight whispers loudly, eyeing the hydra carefully.

Fluttershy immediately shot her gaze down to them, her face wide with a smile.

Applejack Immediately signals her to be quiet pointing to the hydra.

Fluttershy looks at the hydra for a moment and then turns back nodding.

Applejack takes the rope from her waist, and motions to Fluttershy.

Fluttershy nods hooves at the ready. Applejack reared the rope back spinning it over her head and flings it at her.

The rope nearly missed its target Fluttershy having to scramble to catch it. With the rope in her hooves, she puts the rope around her and gives them a wave in reply.

They desperately pull their faces contorting, until suddenly the hydra tail shifts upward, bringing both Twilight and Applejack and Spike with it.

The hydra’s head turns all eight eyes glare at them, the hydra roars in defiance.

“Pull! Pull!” Twilight yells abandoning all stealth.

Twilight and Applejack pull with all their might, as Fluttershy struggles wildly.

Fluttershy finally comes free, making Twilight and Applejack crash to the ground Fluttershy doing the same momentarily.

Twilight and Applejack swiftly stood up helping Fluttershy to her hooves.

“Run!” Twilight and Applejack say in near perfect unison, breaking into a gallop for their lives.

The hydra roared angrily stomping around and swinging its necks around to snap at them.

They continued to gallop as fast as they could as the heads of the hydra closed in.

A large boom of the party cannon broke the monotony of the roars splattering ahead with a pile of cream, slowing its pursuit.

A sudden large stone smashes into the hydra, making it recoil and give up pursuit altogether.

Rainbow dives down at mach speeds kicking the hydra on the nose, slowing its pursuit even further.

Lee Roy seemingly out of nowhere, leaped up landing on the final head crushing it into the ground.

Twilight, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Spike finally make it back to the waiting embrace of the rest their friends, all coming together for a moment to hug one another.

They then turn to the hydra, looking down at them Lee Roy at the ready ahead of them.

Lee Roy roars charging the hydra, leaping to an impossible height meeting the hydra head to head.

The hydra swings its heads, gnashing its maws wildly.

Lee Roy punches one head grabbing onto it, then the hydra swiftly rams itself into Lee Roy sending him careening off into the distance.

“No!” Twilight called.

The hydra turned, looking down at them its eight eyes glaring at them, stomps toward them. It's wheeze like laughter emanating from it.

Then the hydra rockets one of its heads towards them.

At this moment Twilight felt as if somepony cast a time spell, time suddenly slowing drastically we all seemed to freeze as the head cascaded towards us.

She didn’t know he lept until Spike came into view charging forward. The two would have touched if not for the torrent of flames that spewed forth from him nearly consuming the hydra head.

Time seemed to start again as the head recoiled and sent Spike rocketing behind them.

“Spike!” They all called in unison.

The hydra looked at us, pure hate covering it eight eyes and it roars until a sudden sound from far away met their ears.

“Leeeeeeeeeeeee Rooooooooooooy!” Lee Roy thunders charging at incredible speed, Followed by the most deafening roar that Twilight has ever heard a pony utter. He connects with the hydra punching it with a force she swears she could feel, followed by a deafening boom.

The hero emerged.

Lee Roy again grabbed the beast and leaped up as the beasts head’s tried to chase him down, only to come down on them with a large hollow boom.

Lee Roy leaped again punching the hydra’s furthest left head, punching it with another large hollow boom again grabbing the hydra in mid-air and launching the hydra, flipping back letting it crash into the other heads.

Lee Roy lands back on four hooves sliding back with that ever-present stony expression.

Just as Lee Roy landed Twilight thought she saw something, something glowing as his cape took form around his flanks, but before she could really make it out in detail his cape blocked all hope of view.

The hydra dazed, wobbled on its footing, Lee Roy charged once again.

“Equestria!” He shouted leaping once more bucking the hydra with incredible power, launching the whole hydra away and off into the distance.

We all stared in silence at Lee Roy, Twilight was in mix of awe and dumbfoundedness and she was sure the others had the exact same feeling.

Lee Roy straightened up and turned walking back to the group, breathing hard with that stony expression again.

“Is...everypony, okay?” Lee Roy questions through breaths.

That seemed to break the others out of there little spell there where under.

“Phew!” Pinkie Pie breathed laying down legs outstretched.

“Fluttershy!” Rainbow Dash cries suddenly giving her a hug.

Applejack and Rarity share a sigh giving Twilight a nod.

“We are all okay, Lee Roy just a bit tired I suppose.” Twilight answers.

Lee Roy scans them all “Where is.... the dragon, Spike?” Lee Roy questions, walking over to them.

“H-here…” a small voice calls from behind a tree. Spike comes back from fidgeting with his claws as he walks over.

Lee Roy puts a hoof on Spike’s head and ruffles his ridge, making him react.

“Hey! What are you?” Spike states.

“Glad you're... okay.” Lee Roy says giving him a nod.

He walks over to Twilight “Where you injured?” He states, his breath sounding a bit more labored close-up.

“I’m fine, Lee Roy thank you, you were a big help.” She mutters.

He nods giving a small bow and turns walking past Twilight to where Fluttershy was sitting.

"Are you okay-" Lee Roy whispered softly, "- Little Lamb..."

Fluttershy winces pulling away from his presence.

Lee Roy took a deep breath and turned once again.

“Wait are you-” Fluttershy calls out just before Lee Roy suddenly falls limp.


Lee Roy is far heavier than he looks, well the log doesn't help either.

We were - not surprisingly exhausted from the hydra attack, we took some time to rest - again.

No campfire this time.

With all of us moderately rested we then came to the conundrum of Lee Roy, he needs a doctor or something, we can’t just leave him in case that hydra comes back.

Carrying the stallion was not going to happen. Not even one of us could even lift the stallion, so we improvised.

Luckily Spike found a sturdy log and between the six of them - and a little guiding from Spike we were able to roll him onto it.

Applejack quickly found her rope from earlier and was able to attach the middle of the length to the end of the log.

With our makeshift sled, two of us were able to pull the sled and two of us could push on its end at any given time. One of us making sure to walk beside the log to make sure Lee Roy didn’t roll off while one rested. We alternated many times and put a fair distance between us and the hydra.

Twilight and Fluttershy pulled their makeshift sled in the air while Applejack and Pinkie Pie pushed, Rarity and Rainbow Dash taking a long deserved rest - Rainbow taking up the responsibility of keeping Lee Roy from toppling.

Spike was being super helpful, walking in front moving sticks and stones before we could hit them.

They were mostly silent, well can’t really talk with your mouth full of rope, can you. Can't tell you what the others were thinking but I for one was - not surprisingly, was worried.

“Little Lamb!” Lee Roy suddenly shouted. We all jumped at the sudden shout stopping instantly, we grouped around the stallion to see - he was still unconscious.

“Little Lamb?” Pinkie whispers to no one particular.

“Isn't that what he called Fluttershy?” Rarity whispers back confirming Pinkie’s suspicions.

“Lee Roy!” Fluttershy says gently while shaking him “ I'm here! I’m okay!” She confirms.

“Come on Lee Roy, get up!” Rainbow Dash urges crossing her forelegs.

Lee Roy’s eyes finally flicker open, he groggily looks around his eyes stopping at Rainbow Dash at his side.

He slowly lifts his hoof just staring “Rain.” He mutters softly almost a whisper. His hoof continuing up to Rainbow as if he wanted to touch her.

Rainbow steps back from his reach her face twisting in confusion “What are you doing?’ She states.

Lee Roy freezes instantly “you going to stand there, or are you going to help me up?” He asks looking far less groggy then he did before.

Rainbow looks at him wordlessly grabbing his hoof in both of hers and pulling back helping him to his hooves.

“Thank you, Dash.” Lee Roy says through a long stretch, assaulting our ears once again with a flurry of pops and cracks.

“You okay, Lee Roy,” Twilight states grabbing his attention.

“I'm fine.” Lee Roy confirms stretching out like a cat.

“No one that ‘fine’ just faint like that.” Twilight scolds with an eyebrow raised.

Lee Roy clears his throat “I, uh.” He pauses “I was in that statute a long time it seems, I lost a lot of strength in that time.” Lee Roy states shaking his head.

You mean he is stronger than what we have seen? Twilight thought to herself.

“Well, if that's so why didn’t you tell us about that hydra?” Rainbow asks flying up to him poking him in his chest.

“Rainbow!’ Applejack hollered quick to get after Rainbow’s rudeness.

Lee Roy took a deep breath “I cannot speak common.” he pauses for a quick second “Well, it would have taken a long time.” he finally finishes.

“If you don’t mind me asking, how did you know that hydra was coming anyway?” Fluttershy asks peeking over.

“Hydra’s are ambush...” Lee Roy pauses putting a hoof to his chin.

“Predators?” Fluttershy peeps quickly covering her mouth from her rudeness.

“Yes, thank you.” Lee Roy says giving her big smile. “They may be big, but they are quiet when they want to be, even for their size.” He continues.

He peers over to their makeshift sled “I apologize for making you do this.” Lee Roy stated with a bow.

“It's okay Lee Roy.” Twilight says “We are just glad you are okay.” She continues.

“Just doing what I was put on Equestria to do, protecting others to the best of my ability.” Lee Roy states with a bow.

Lee Roy turns in the direction they were heading to Ponyville “May we make our way to,” he pauses again “Ponyville?” Lee Roy asks.

“Hold up!” Rainbow Dash suddenly hollers, flying over with a huff.

“I got a bone to pick with you, again.” Rainbow Dash sneers flying eye to eye to him.

“Go on?” Lee Roy says giving her nod.

“I’m not going to trust you so easily, even if you helped saved Fluttershy.” Rainbow Dash declares.

“Rainbow!” Rarity and Applejack say in unison.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash then get into a small argument, leaving Lee Roy rubbing the back of his head in embarrassment.

“I’m sorry about Rainbow’s rudeness, Lee Roy.” Twilight whispers.

“You shouldn’t be.” Lee Roy whispers to her surprise. “She has every right to be suspicious, she is very loyal.” He whispers back.

Twilight nods. “That's our Rainbow Dash.” She says with a smirk.

“Don’t worry I know how to deal with ponies like her, I was once like her you know.” Lee Roy states in a hushed tone.

Lee Roy then steps forward “Hey, Dash.” He says getting her attention.

“What you want.” Rainbow Dash turns crossing her forelegs once again.

“At the castle, you said you were something called a ‘Wonderbolt’.” Lee Roy stated. “What are they?” He continued.

“You don’t know what a Wonderbolt is!” Rainbow Dash screeched “We are only some of the best flyers ever in Equestria!”

“I don’t know what they are, tell me about them.” Lee Roy asks stealthily looking back at Twilight giving her a wink.

Twilight smiles, not because of Lee Roy. But because he just opened a can of worms he could never hope to contain.

With that, they were finally back on track to Ponyville.


Finally, they were in familiar territory.

They walked in silence since Rainbow Dash told Lee Roy about the entire history of the Wonderbolts, Lee Roy looked a bit rough with all the info overload - and getting a little beaten up by all of the branches hitting him once more.

Home was suddenly finally in sight, they all galloped forward - leaving Lee Roy to walk on his own. Cheering all the way there, it felt so good to be home again. Twilight and her friends couldn’t help but hug and laugh. By the time Lee Roy wandered his way over, Twilight and her friends were finally calming down.

“Lee Roy!” Twilight called, waving at the large stallion.

Lee Roy calmly and slowly walked over, eyeing his surroundings.

“Lee Roy, this is my home, Ponyville.” said Twilight, clearing her throat and gesturing around her.

Lee Roy ignored Twilight to her surprise and continued to walk with his normal stony expression, he walked forward looking around.

The townsponies were hard at work cleaning up the mess that had transpired during the quakes, but they did it with the normal glee-filled smiles - they must have come out of the castle once the quakes have stopped. Ponies were working, fillies were playing and filling the air with fun and laughter.

Lee Roy continued to walk forward, looking up at the pegasi overhead and around him at the pairs of ponies out and about, until stopping suddenly. He turns quickly, a large smile sprawled on his face. He took quick long strides - faster than Twilight had ever seen him go - closing the distance between them. “She did it! She did it, didn’t she!” Lee Roy said excitedly, grabbing Twilight around her cheeks, his face bright.

“What do you mean?” Twilight asks, giving the stallion a look since he was acting so strangely all of the sudden.

Lee Roy releases Twilight and just starts to giggle, smiling widely. Applejack raised an eyebrow at Twilight - clearly wondering about Lee Roy’s sudden change in behavior. Lee Roy quickly turns again and looks around, bounding off into the direction of a group of young foals.

The small group of foals was just chatting away until one of them -a young colt, a pegasus with a blue-gray coat - caught sight of Lee Roy and just stared dumbfounded. The others quickly notice his bewilderment as he points out Lee Roy’s presence to the rest of the group.

Lee Roy trots over smiling wide. He leans in slightly, looking at one of the unicorns of the group.

“Hello, sweetheart, how are you?” Lee Roy asks, looking down at her.

They say nothing, only stare. Twilight doesn’t blame them - Lee Roy is probably the biggest pony they’ve seen in their lives, even with Lee Roy’s kind demeanor, he is quite intimidating.

“Don’t be scared, I’m Lee Roy.” He says, giving her a very low flamboyant bow that made them all giggle “What is your name?” Lee Roy adds, looking up from his low, funny bow.

The unicorn swallows hard and with the smallest peep. “I'm Sweetheart.” She mutters.

“Ah, she speaks! Sweetheart, what a beautiful name.” Lee Roy announces with a laugh. He peers at Twilight. “She can understand me!” He whispers with a bright smile.

What does he mean by that? Twilight thinks. Before she could ask, Lee Roy quickly turns back to the filly. “How are you today, Sweetheart.” Lee Roy asks, smiling wildly.

“Good! We saw the princess's ride into Canterlot, it was amazing! We could see her hair from here.” Sweetheart says with wide eyes.

Twilight quietly curses to herself. The Princesses aren’t here, she thought they would be in Ponyville by now, but unfortunately, they are in Canterlot.

“But ...” Sweetheart mutters, looking down with a sad expression.

“What is it.” Lee Roy asks, his smile disappearing - replaced with a look of concern.

“Well, me and my friends always like to play in my room with my toys, but.” She stares off to a half crumbled home being worked on this very moment. “We can’t get to my toys, they were… buried.” She says with a sniffle.

Lee Roy gets that stony expression again. Standing at his full height, he motions her to come along and wordlessly walks towards the crumbled home.

Twilight chases after him. “Lee Roy, what are you thinking?” Twilight's friends following in hot pursuit.

“Where is your room?” Lee Roy asks Sweetheart walking past some ponies. “It’s there, blocked by that big beam,” Sweetheart states, giving him a strange look.

The beam was huge, it was at least as big as the beam that Twilight and her friends lifted together.

Lee Roy walks towards the beam, looking it up and down - then bends down to attempt to lift it.

“Hey wait, what are you doing? You're going to hurt yourself hu-” a pony shouts, just as it starts to lift from the ground.

Lee Roy grunts, lifting the beam slowly - higher and higher until before long the beam was over his head. Ponies all around looked on in awe at the single pony lifting this huge beam. Lee Roy turns his head to a pony in a hard hat - their eyes large and their mouth agape. “Where can I put this?” Lee Roy asks his voice straining from the effort, snapping them back to reality.

“Oh, over here, that beam still looks good.” The stallion says, rushing off to a small pile of similar large beams. Lee Roy takes a few large steps before hefting the beam onto the pile. There was complete silence as the other ponies around are still awestruck.

Then there’s a flash of color as Sweetheart rockets past Twilight and her friends, diving into Lee Roy and giving him a hug, a teddy bear in her hoof. She looks up at him. “Thank you, Lee Roy, thank you!” She gushes. He smiles at her and everypony around them finally breaks out of their awe and cheer.

“You’re welcome, now off you go - your friends are waiting,” Lee Roy says. The filly smiles brightly, nods and gallops off to meet her friends and to run off somewhere to play.

Twilight trots up to Lee Roy. “Thank you, Lee Roy, that was very kind.” Giving him a bright smile.

“Princess?” Lee Roy states, grabbing Twilight’s attention “What are you celebrating?” He asks, motioning to the decorations - or what was left.

“We are celebrating over one thousand years of Celestia and Luna’s rein.” Applejack explains.

“Yeah! There was going to be apple cider, dancing, and everything!” Rainbow Dash exclaims, flipping excitedly.

“Celestia and Luna were even going to come!” Spike said, making his presence known.

“I’m also here!” Pinkie quips.

“I was going to go, too.” Fluttershy utters, almost too quietly for anyone to hear.

“Well, I made the most beautiful evening dresses, but alas we never got to use them,” Rarity says, defeated.

Lee Roy turns to Rarity. “Why you say th-.” and then his expression darkens slightly. It was only for a split second but Twilight saw it in time.

Lee Roy clears his throat, slapping on a wide smile. “What's stopping us! Let's make merry! Let's celebrate while we work!” He says with a wide, wild smile, bounding off to another crumbled home.

Make merry they did, with Pinkie rallying up the towns ponies as per usual. They brought out mountains of food and drink, the musicians stopped working around town and started playing their instruments. Applejack motioned to Twilight and trotted off to oversee the food - as it was her job to do so.

Rainbow Dash rushed past, wordlessly heading straight toward the large barrels of cider. Fluttershy rushed to keep up with Rainbow Dash, whilst Rarity stuck close to Twilight but mingled with several other ponies. Spike jumped off of Twilight’s back and ran his way toward the buffet, eyeing Lee Roy the whole way - Twilight could see why.

Lee Roy is a party animal - laughing and humming along with the music and even dancing. All the while working, lifting huge beams and repairing the roofs of buildings, He worked using his strength to his advantage to finish the job quickly. Then he would gallop to party, dancing and laughing before he would bound off to work again, moving large piles, setting up foundations, nailing things down, before doing it all over again - Twilight looked tired just looking at him especially what he and the others just went through.

It seemed to be his own personal vendetta to dance with all the mares, young and old. He danced oddly - and far from gracefully, but it fit fluently with the music. From what Twilight could see, Lee Roy would just grab a mare and do this odd “folk dance” as Twilight would dub it. They, of course, were wary of Lee Roy but as they circled each other as they dipped and dived, they would always change their minds. Soon the entire town was folk dancing - it was quite the spectacle.

Lee Roy - after dancing with his latest “victim” - trots over to Twilight wearing that familiar wide smile. He offers his hoof to her. “Princess, could I have this dance.” He asks.

Twilight thought about how much fun the other mares had while dancing with him and she was silently glad she actually had a choice in this matter. But before she could say anything, Lee Roy’s stomach growls sounding more like a roar than anything else.

“I guess I’m hungry.” Lee Roy laughs, rubbing his neck and looking embarrassed, while his stomach barks again as if on cue. They share a laugh.

“I guess you are,” Twilight says, returning a smile.

Lee Roy peers around quickly finding Pinkie Pie. It wasn’t hard to pick her out of the crowd as she fired her party cannon sending confetti everywhere. “Pinkie!” Lee Roy yelling, grabbing her attention.

Pinkie zips to Lee Roy. “Yeah, what you need.” She gasps dramatically. “Do you want to join in on a game of pin the tail on the pony!?” Pinkie squelches, not containing her excitement, bouncing up and down. Lee Roy was about to say something, but his stomach roars yet again.

Pinkie gasps dramatically again. “You're hungry! I’ll be right back!” She exclaims, zipping away before appearing again in a blink of an eye with a small table of well, everything.

Pinkie suddenly has a realization and gasps. “I didn’t grab drinks!’” She declares, zipping off again.

Lee Roy blinks and gives Twilight a look. “You can’t tell me this is normal, Is she okay?” Lee Roy asks, holding the look.

Twilight shrugs “She’s Pinkie Pie. You can’t explain her, she’s just Pinkie.” She says.

At that moment Pinkie zips back carrying an arm full of jugs - one for each of them, filled to the brim with apple cider. “Here you go!” She says cheerfully, drinking hers down within seconds, passing a drink to Lee Roy than to her.

“Ah, cider, I’m glad some things never change.” Lee Roy says as he takes a long swig, emptying his glass in moments. He eyes the mound of food and motions to Twilight clearly offering something from the pile. Twilight shakes her head, she was still full from her small lunch she had in the Everfree forest.

Lee Roy shrugs and digs in. He was again far from graceful. He was stuffing his face, eating pastries, apples, even a few pies completely whole - no surprise due to his size. Twilight and Pinkie eyed this spectacle, as bits of food were flying everywhere. Pinkie giggles in delight and joins in doing the same. Twilight could only sip her drink and watch.

Lee Roy stops his eating suddenly and looks down at a small colored pastry. “Pinkie?” He says, eyeing the small thing in his hooves.

“Wha-.” Pinkie said with a mouthful of random assortment of apple pastries, cheeks filled with food.

“What is this?” Lee Roy asks, showing the small pastry. Pinkie swallows and peers at the pastry.

“It’s a cupcake!” Pinkie replies.

“Whats a cupped cake?” Lee Roy responds with a questioning look on his face.

“You don't know what a cupcake is?! It’s only one of the most delicious things ever!” Pinkie proclaims, taking one from the pile and devouring it.

“What is this colored thing on it?” Lee Roy asks, looking the cupcake up and down.

“That's frosting, Lee Roy It’s-.” Twilight starts.

“Frosting is basically powdered sugar, butter, cream cheese and sometimes vanilla. It all really depends on the recipe.” Pinkie interrupts.

“It's good, try it,” Twilight suggests, ignoring Pinkie and motioning him to do so.

Lee Roy shrugs and devours the small pastry all in one mighty bite. “Mmmm, you’re right! This is really good.” He confirms, grabbing two more.

Twilight laughs - Lee Roy seems so much like a child, seeing things for the first time. It was almost adorable, but it was interesting. Twilight couldn’t imagine what information he had about how ponies were over one thousand years ago. She did have books on the subject but this is a real source. She had that feeling again like she was forgetting something - she hated this feeling. Oh, Celestia! She forgot about seeing Celestia - what was up with her today.

Twilight quickly takes another sip before putting down her jug and nudges Lee Roy, getting his attention. “Lee Roy, we forgot about Celestia,” Twilight states urgently.

“I didn’t, Twilight, she won't mind us being a little late. Besides, the ponies need me here.” Lee Roy says with a calm expression, pointing to the large beams he recently stacked.

“But-.” Twilight starts. Just then somepony clears their throat, catching the attention of both of them - as Pinkie continues to eat loudly.

They both turn to see, Lotus and Aloe and an older stallion wearing a hard hat - Twilight has never seen before.

The stallion steps forward. “Hello, Lee Roy. I’m the lead work pony here in ponyville. I just wanted to thank you. You turned a month's work into only a few days.” The stallion says, holding out his hoof for a shake. Lee Roy smiles and shakes the offered hoof.

“I just wanted to express my gratitude and tell you to enjoy the party - we will take care of the rest.” The old stallion insists.

Lee Roy shakes his head. “No sir, we are far from done.” He starts.

The older stallion puts his hoof on Lee Roy's shoulder. “You did enough. Please take it easy and enjoy the rest of the evening.” He says with a smile.

Lee Roy paused for several moments. “As you wish.” He finally says, giving him a bow. The older stallion nods with a smile and takes his leave. As he does so, Lee Roy turns his attention to Lotus and Aloe. “Who might you ladies be?” He asks, looking down at them and blowing some hair away from his face.

“My name is Lotus, and this is my sister Aloe,” Lotus says, as she exchanges smile with Aloe. “We would like to extend an invitation.” Lee Roy just looks blankly at them. “We have overheard that you need to see the princesses, but you look so rugged perhaps you would like a makeover? All expenses paid of course, for helping our little town.” Lotus offers.

Lee Roy seemed to snap out of whatever spell he was under. “I’m sorry, I was distracted by your beautiful accent - I wasn't listening.” He says rubbing his neck and blowing his hair out of his eyes again.

“Lee Roy!” Twilight says with annoyance. “They are offering you a makeover, which is fine but we should-.”

“A MAKEOVER!’” Rarity gushes, popping seemingly out of nowhere. “We must leave immediately.” She states, pulling a reluctant Twilight with her, while Lee Roy just shrugs and follows, leaving the party with Lotus and Aloe galloping to keep up.