• Published 28th Jul 2018
  • 2,673 Views, 26 Comments

Star Wars: ARC Troopers in Equestera - Alaph-14



The Alpha squad is escorting supplies to the outpost on Rhen Var. Things went wrong and they hyperspace to the Unknown Region and crash land on an strange alien planet. Unknown to them, an old enemy awaits on the planet waiting for the time to come.

  • ...
2
 26
 2,673

Chapter 3: Looking For the Cat

CHAPTER 3
LOOKING FOR THE CAT

Fate comes in unexpected ways

The doctors have been working on the creature for days. Unrest hours past by as they try to keep him alive. The creature is not severely damage but bad enough, whatever that hit him cause damage to his cells. The armor has taken most of the hit but unknown energy seems to seep through the armor and to his skin. His lung was poison with some type of chemical that whatever that hit him. He also has damage from impact, the left shoulder blade has cracked and the half limbs are snapped and the others are dislocated. His musical have been ripped in the legs and the back, and a few bruised in some spots.

Some of the doctors use all their magic they could mastered to keep him stable, while some of them are trying to pump out the toxic chemical. After a few more hours, they put him into a tube. The tube is made out of clear crystals, of which Cadence supplied, it has great healing properties and keeps the body sustain. Although the process will be slow and he will be in a coma, but it will help him to fully heal. They kept him in a room at the left wing of the hospital, where nopony goes there.

They will have somepony to watch over him until he is awake. As for his equipment, armor, and weapons, they are in a chest in a research lab a few streets across. The doctors did all they could, now all they and Cadence have to do now is to wait for him to wake up.


6 months later

“I can’t believe of what I been doing,” the white unicorn guard said as walked down the streets. Today is the day of the wedding, everypony is rushing around to get ready, the guards are everywhere in their post to face what threat it is, and here he was going to the hospital to watch over an alien!

To make matters worse is his cousin, Captain Shining Armor doesn’t even know nor the other guards except him and Hoofstrong.

He had to find an excuse to go and not make the others suspicious for the past six months. He wondered why he even agreed with Cadence to do this.


Previously

It was a peaceful night in Canterlot, Sharp was sleeping in his bed. *Knock knock* the sound came from the door. He groaned as Sharp pull his blanket over his head. *knock knock knock knock* someone bang on the door at a high pace.

“I’m coming I’m coming”groaned Shiny Blade as he got up from his bed and went to the front door. A blue sky auna cover the door as he used his magic. To his surprise as he reached to the door there stood Princess Cadence.

“Your Highness? What are you doing out here in the middle of the night?”Cadence waved off the ‘highness’ with her hand, they have been friends since ever since Canterlot High Academy.

“Please, just call me Cadence. I need you to do me a favor,” she said. “How may I be of service?”He asked.

“There a human in the hospital unconscious” she started before cut off. “A WHAT!?” he nearly screamed. Cadence put her hand his mouth, ”Shh, not so loud, you’re going to wake up the whole city”

”Sorry” Blade said weakly, blushing of embarrassment.

“Anyway, I need you to watch over him and make sure that nothing happened to him,” she finished.“I guess Shining Armor assign me to do this?” he asked. She hesitated, “Umm...”Cadence paused scratching the back of her head.

Sharp’s eyes went wide in realization.”Oh no!Oohhh no no no, I’m not going on Shining Armor’s back!” “Please Sharp Blade, nopony is supposed to know it until a right time,” she said.

“Why me, of all of the guards, of all of the ponies for that matter, why choose me! Do you know what Shining Armor is going to do with me when he finds out!?” Sharp Blade panicked. Cadence calmed him down, “Relax Sharp Blade, I assure you he will not find out. At least until we are married. As for your answer, because you’re are Shining Armor’s cousin and a friend I trust. You don’t have to do this alone, you are going to do with Hoofstrong,” she explained.

Sharp Blade was thinking hard, “well…” “Pleaseeee” Cadence pleaded with puppy eyes. He sighed, “fine, but-” he said before cut off.

“Great! I will see you tomorrow,” with that and a poof she left. Sharp stand there thinking of what he just has done.


Present

Sharp Blade continue walking down the streets where some ponies are decorating while others are doing their own business. Ponies selling fruits at a fruit stand, talking with friends at their tables in a restaurant, guards patrolling the streets and nobles going shopping.

After a couple of blocks later, he saw an earth pony guard coming up to him, He is about medium sized, muscular, and have broad shoulders. He has blue ocean eyes and a dirty brown coat with a dirty blond mane. His cutie mark is an arm holding a stone while flexing its muscles.

Sharp recognized him as his friend, Stone Hoofstrong, he wondered why he out here. Sharp Blade went to him.

“What are you doing here? You are supposed to be at your post.” Stone shrugged.“I just got broad there's nothing to do. Besides, I need to stretch my legs,” he replied.

“But what about the alien?”Sharp demand. Stone just wave his hand, “Ah, the alien will be fine, it's not like it’s going to walk away.”

They are now strolling down the street, back to the hospital. While they walked, they talked about the alien.“Did you get to see the alien?”Sharp Blade asked.

“Not really, I was outside of the room and it's hard to see through the crystal. It’s not so crystal clear,” Stone jokes. Sharp gave him a deadpan look, “really? You have to do that pun?”

“Sorry, I couldn’t help myself,” he chuckled.

“Well, I like to know where did Cadence found it,” said Sharp.“Duh, a ship from outer space. Where else?” Stone said who read comic books in his spare time. Sharp Blade rolled his eyes at his friend's statement.

“I remember that Cadence said that the alien is called a ‘human’,” said Sharp. Stone looked at Sharp Blade, “That’s ridiculous, an alien is one thing, but a creature out of a myth is just nuts” Stone Hoofstrong stated.

They made to the hospital and enter in. They went to a nurse behind the desk. “How can I help you?” the nurse asked. “We just came back to visit my uncle,” Hoofstrong replied. The nurse nodded in understanding.

“Just go down to the left hall of the wing and I’m sure you know the way.”

“Thank you,” he said.

They went through the hall, “Is your uncle really here?” Sharp asked.

“Nah, when it comes to hospitals, Uncle Heartstone is stubborn as a stump. Besides, it will take more than a broken leg to stop him” Stone replied. Sharp Blade agreed, for his entire family the Hoofstrong, is well known for their strength and toughness. They may not be the richest or a noble family, but they have a great history of being part of the Royal Guard from the coldest winter to the darkest night. They feared nothing that ever walks on Equestria. Their will is hard as iron and their strength could match a minotaur. There was the time where Stone has lifted a 20 pound stone when he’s just a filly! That’s where he got his cutie mark and earned the name Stone from his parents. They went to the end of the hall to the double door. With Sharp Blade’s magic, the doors opened to a room with just a bed, and the tube the keep the alien.

“I’m glad we have at least something interesting to do instead of waiting for Twil-” he stopped short, his eyes went wide.

“Umm...Stone? Where’s the alien?” Sharp asked edgily.

”What do you mean ‘where’s the alien’ it's right-” his eyes went wide also while he had his finger pointing. It pointed to the case the human was in only to find it open...and empty.

They stood there for a long time, then Sharp started to walked around frantically. “Oh no oh no oh no! This is bad, this is really bad, bad bad bad!”

Stone Hoofstrong grabbed on Sharp Blade, “Blade, calm down, we just have to report to Cap-” Sharp pulled from Hoofstrong’s grasp, “Are you crazy! Do you have any idea of how my cousin will react! If he finds out-” he stopped at the thought of Shining angry and what he would do.

“Relax, we then just tell Princess Cadence, maybe she might know what to do,” Hoofstrong encouraged. Sharp Blade take a deep breath, ”OK” he sighed. They went out of the room quickly back where they came from.


30 minutes earlier

Fancy Pants and Fleur dis lee were doing shopping for some clothes, very expensive clothes, for the Royal Wedding. They have quite a high taste when it comes to shopping, eating, and everything else. Everpony in Canterlot is invited to the wedding. Since this is a royal wedding they must have the best clothes.

Fleur is excited about the wedding for her personal reason. She knows Cadence from the Canterlot Magical Academy, in fact, their classmates and very good friends. As for Shining Armor…well, that’s her secret. They went to the next block they passed the Canterlot Hospital. Then suddenly her horn started to glow a light heliotropeish gray. This made Fleur stopped in surprise, for she didn’t use her magic yet. Fancy Pants turned around to her,

“Fleur, darling? Do you drop something?” He asked politely.“But I didn’t drop anything, in fact, I didn’t use my magic, it just happened.” she replied, quite confused about it.

Fancy raised his eyebrow, “Really? How very odd. I believe we have to figure that out later.” Fleur agreed and they continue of what they’re doing. Although in the back of her mind, she has an unpleasant feeling.


Meanwhile in the hospital

The white room was quiet save for the beeping sound of the motor. There nothing but a bed and a crystal tank at end of the right wall. Then suddenly the crystal that shapes like a heart in the center, started to glow. Then there a hissing sound of air releasing as the case open. In it there is a familiar being, is starting to wake up.


Now

Sharp Blade and Stone Hoofstrong went through the halls of the Castle to Cadence’s room. While they walked there they discuss how did the alien get out.

“The doors and the windows are shut, and same for the case,” stated Sharp.“You think it got unlocked?”Asked Stone, since he couldn’t find any explanation.“No way, it’s locked and secured, plus Cadence put on a spell that only she knows.”

“Well, I guess we will have to know how it got out later. Where did the alien go anyway?” asked Stone.“Probably terrorizing ponies on the streets,” replied Sharp.

“Come on, what harm could it do. It’s not like it eats ponies,” commented Stone. They both stopped and looked at each, “could it?” since it's an alien, there's no idea what it can do. They quicken their pace to find Cadence.

They found her room and enter in, Cadence is in there doing her hair.“Princess Cadence th- Oh hey Shining Armor! How are you doing?” Sharp greeted quickly, forcing a smile. For Shining Armor, Captian of the Royal Guard is standing at the table by Cadence. He turned to them with an inquisitive look.

“What are you doing here, aren’t you be at your post?” he asked. Sharp Blade’s mind is racing of what to say.

“Uhh…” he hesitated. “There something we need to tell Princess Cadence,” replied Stone Hoofstrong. Cadence turned to them with a strangely suspicious look.”What is it?” she asked, Sharp’s heart is pounding like a drum, he has to find something to do and quick.“The-”

“Cat! The cat is missing!” Sharp Blade blurted, all he could think of. Cadence raised her eyebrow,

“What?” asked Cadence.

“Your poor cat Fluffy has gone missing! Lost and alone out there!”He said dramatically. She looked at him quite surprised,“Uhh...I-,”but Sharp cut her off.

“But don’t worry we will find her! Guard’s honor!” He turned to Hoofstrong,“Come Stone, we have a cat to find!”Sharp drag the bewildered Stone out of the room and shut the door.

Cadence and Shining Armor stood there,“I didn’t know you have a cat,” Shining said at last. She smiled sheepishly, not knowing herself of what is that about.


Meanwhile, the two are walking down the halls,“Now what?”Asked Stone.“We are going to find the alien. What else?” answered Sharp with determination.

“How? He could be anywhere from houses to streets,” stated Stone.“We will ask ponies, search everywhere we can and- Oof!” Sharp was cut off by bumping into something...more like someone. He looked who he bumped into to find a purple unicorn mare in a school uniform.

“Twilight?”Sharp asked, surprised to see his cousin.“Sharp Blade? What are you doing here?”Asked Twilight.

“We are looking for Cadence’s cat, ”Sharp lied. Stone looked at Sharp“What? I thought we-Ow!” Sharp step on Stone’s hoof to cut him off.

“I mean, yeah! That’s what we are doing,” Stone agreed, forcing a smile. Twilight lift an eyebrow up, “Really? I didn’t know she has a cat.”

“She has it for a year, ”Sharp lied. Twilight put a hoof on her chin, “Strange. I pretty sure that sh-”

“Well, it’s great to see you Twilight!”Sharp interrupted,“But we need to get going! Bye!”He drags Stone with him through the hall.

Twilight stand there and watch as they go,”Ok then? That was weird,” she shrugged it off and went down the hall to Cadence’s room. For she is going have a talk with Shining Armor.

“We are going after the alien, are we?”Stone whispered.“Of course, we are!”Sharp hissed, as they go outside, and off they went to find the alien.


Jai’s POV

Darkness. That all Jai could see...a black void, blacker than a black hole. ‘Am I really dead? Is this the afterlife? If this Manda, this not what I expected to be.’ There absolutely nothing here, he heard no sounds, see nothing. He can’t feel anything, not even his own hands! In fact, he can’t feel any of my own body nor can move. All Jai can do is just stand and wait.

With each minute felt like an eternity, like as if time stretch out like a string. It feels like hours when suddenly there was a flicker of light in the distinct, a pinkish white light. It’s not very much, but stand out like a star in empty space, then it started to grow. It’s growing bigger and brighter by the minute. Then it turned into pure white that blind him. Then It started to clear up and he was able to see.

It was a blur but the clone was able to identify that he’s in some room. Then it started to clear up and Jai’s able to see more details. The room was white with some dark cyan in parts of the room. There’s a bed across the room where he's at, and a monitor at the left side of the bed. At first, Jai thought he’s in a clone medical station, but then noticing the actual color of the room and the technology in here.

He was confused, couldn’t remember anything. His mind was blank, and his body is paralyzed, he couldn’t think clearly or do anything. At that moment, gravity comes down on him, literary, as his body dropped on to the floor.‘Ow!’he tried not to scream out if there’s somebody in here. ‘Well that answer the question on whether I’m dead or this is a dream(which is not possible.)’ The fall seems to make my body to wake up and now he’s able to move. He groaned a little as he rubbed his head. As Jai get back up, his mind reel back to his past. From the day Jai was born to the first action he and my brothers went on Geonosis. Then he remembers of the convoy, when Jai, Flare, Razor, and Ven’vul are guarding the supplies, then….

“We were under attack. Where're the troopers, my squad, my brothers, Flare, Razor and Ven?”Jai looked around himself in the room. That’s what usually a thing about me...no matter how many times I’m with my troopers, or times I’m with my brothers, I always end up finding myself alone. ARC troopers tend to go solo but it's just...... Shaking his head he tells himself in his head,‘hold together soldier, my brothers don’t want me to break like that.’

While looking around, there was something off, then Jai noticed that he wasn’t wearing my armor, in fact, he’s not wearing anything at all. Fortunately, the ARC turned around to find his bodysuit on a table, “Well, at least he won’t have to go commando”Jai said to himself as he went to the table to suit up.

After getting his suit on, the trooper noticed a map on the wall, not the kind of holographic map, but one of those old style maps on paper. Looking at the map, it appears to be a map of a city. It shows buildings and streets with some names on them. There’s a building on the map give a good estimate about a klick away from here, it has writing on it saying ‘Alien’s stuff here.’That made his eyebrow raised,'would that be where my equipment is? And who even place this map here?’He just put those thoughts aside, there’s work to be done.

Looking around there a double-door on the right side of the room, but that could alert whoever is in the building. Then find another way out his eyes lay upon the windows. Then walked to it to get a better closer look. The windows are that found of a primitive house, just simply two small glass doors with dark cyan currents. Removing the currents, it appeared that the whole glass has been painted white. Jai doesn’t understand why they painted it, but a good guess they don’t want him to see or be seen.

Jai pulled on the handles and it's what he expected. Locked. From the looks of it, the lock is an old fashion type that uses a key. Since he doesn't have a key, Jai just has to make one. Looking around, there a table with needles and small medical tools. “Just what I need,” taking a needle and some tweezers then stitched them into the lock. Their drill sergeant taught them how to pick a lock in the old fashioned way, some may say that it’s useless but you never know when you’re in this kind of situation. To unlock a lock is you have to line the pins inside. After a few attempts there a click and the lock drop.

“Still got the hang of it.”Then opening the windows, he was meet with a blast of fresh air. What a view that lays before him. It was a city, not the kind of a city like Coruscant, but a classic beautiful kind like of Theed, except more colorful. There houses that are painted with purple,white and yellow. Some buildings the same colors except more golden. It is quite a view, but he has no time for sightseeing.

For at that moment, Jai faintly heard some footsteps closing in. Instinct kicked in and not taking the risk if it’s friend or foe, he jumped out of the window into the bushes. Then quickly but quietly closed the current and windows behind him.

Now he would've followed the protocols of negotiating but since he didn’t know if they’re with the Republic or the Separatist, chances are that could kill him. Beside, it’s better to trust your instincts than your protocols.

Peeking out of the bushes, the clone see nobody around, the coast is clear. After a few seconds of waiting, moving like a Mastiff he made across the street and into an alley. Proceeding with the same process, the ARC Trooper began to notice something of the sky. There’s seem to be a pink shield over the city, why there is a shield Jai don’t know. The sky is not the only thing strange, it’s the city itself. It’s quiet, save for birds chirping and the streets are empty.

“Where did they all gone?”He asked himself while wandering in the street to the alley. After a few minutes, he reached his location.

It’s a one-story building, similar to that of a modern building but instead of metal, it’s made of red bricks with some white paint. There are two windows at each side of the front of the building with a double-door. Jai went to the right side of the of the building to check the window on the far right.

Looking through, it appears to be a research lab, with a white table, equipment, and some spotlights. There also some kind of chest at the left wall near the window. Jai tested the window by pushing it up, locked. Then he tried the doors, it open with ease. When entering the building, there are no cameras, no any security and nobody in here. That made him thinking to himself,“Somebody should’ve put up better security. A cadet could have sneak in here.”It didn’t take long to find the room, there nothing in the room. At least, nothing in interest, there are the usual things he saw by the window. There is an old microscope, a clipboard(which he doesn't believe they still use those), and an around glass object with a handle.

What really have his interest is that chest where he saw from the window. It’s a big wooden old chest with some gold along the corners. There seem to be no locks on it, only two handles on the side of the chest for carrying. Jai opened the chest, not surprise what's in it. It has his equipment, his weapons and his armor, all here and undamaged.
While gathering his equipment there was a distance bang. Not a bang of a slugthrower, but a hollow bang like something hitting. Looking around to the window it was nothing at first. Then there was it again only louder and more clear this time, looking the sky Jai found the cause. There’s a large light-black cloud of strange creatures outside of the shield. ‘That explains the shield, but from the looks of it, it isn’t gonna hold much longer, if that brake-’ There’s blinking on the shield before it went normal, that means it’s going to be soon. He turned to his armor.

There a Republic protocol not to interfere with non-republic conflict or businesses, but Jango taught him how to make your own protocol, and his is to protect the innocents. Then he went to my equipment and start to gear up.

Starting with the boots and leg armor, clicking each of them on. Then Jai buckled my belt along with my black kama, it’s not quite fashionable but a reminder of the Mandalorian culture. After he put on the chest armor and pauldron, Jai placed on arm armor and his gauntlets. Now to inspect the weapons: The WESTAR-M5, the verpine attachment, the under-barrel-grenade attachment, DC-17 hand blaster with a reloving system, 6 frag grenades, 2 RPP grenades, 3 EMP grenades, 3 ion grenades, four thermal detonators, and a HX2 antipersonnel mine. Of course, there’s the vibrosword too, though it ’s a little heavy and slow but good enough until he can find a better one.

Picking up his helmet Jai paused for that moment. When he looked at it, flashbacks went back to the time when for the first time Jai got this helmet...and when he met his brothers. The memories flooded in his mind, the things he and his brothers been through, the battles they fought. It’s not only them, but there are also ones that Jai trained and fought with, Rex, Coby, the Delta squad, Kal, Jango…

A shattering sound brought him back to reality, looking around to find the sky is pink no more. He looks back to his helmet and sighed. Then putting his helmet on, checking the systems and the shield, putting his sword on his back, his other weapons at his waist, the veteran grabbed his blaster rifle and get ready for the storm.“Par ner vods” he said to himself. For my brothers.

Author's Note:

I want to explain to you about the shields that the Alpha Squad have: The shields are similar to the ones the clone commandos have but a little weaker and slower to recharge. When it starts, it takes about a few minutes to charge. It can hold against small arms but for very limited shots, not so much when it comes to heavy blasters and cannons. It's designed to protect from stray blaster blots instead of heavy fire. With that being said let's get back where we were. (If you have some questions let me know in the comments.)

Before I forget, this here is what Ven sound like.

This is Alpha-14, signing out.