• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 1,594 Views, 13 Comments

If Anon didn't know - Unstoppable



Anon finds himself without knowledge, without a clue, and without...oh, wait...more of the same. In Equestria

  • ...
6
 13
 1,594

Oh no, Anon doesn't know

Author's Note:

Enjoy.

One day, you find yourself waking up with a pounding headache. Everything looks blurry and your hearing isn't giving you too much more information to compensate for your vision. You swear you hear yelling and some specks of light show up in your peripheral vision every once in a while but other than that you are clueless. "ugh, what happened?" you ask yourself. The last thing you can remember is you laying down to rest. "Maybe I'm dreaming?" you tell yourself. Just as you are getting up, the right side of your peripheral vision is overwhelmed with a sudden flash.

*Bzzzt

The flash blasts you to your left and you find yourself back on the ground. This time, however, the experience comes with having the wind knocked right out of you. "Yikes!" you think to yourself, "what in the world could that have been? No way I'm dreaming this! It all feels too real. Wait...this is realling happening?!" As you ask yourself this, your vision and hearing begin to return to you. You look around to suddenly realize you are in the middle of some kind of battle. The location you are in appears to be a town filled with tall builds of white, gold, and purple. Some of the buildings seem to be in bad condition but everything seems to be still standing for the most part. A barrage of some kind of energy bolts is being hurled from a hidden source to your right and hitting a giant creature to your left.

Just as you get up to look at your surroundings, another bolt strikes a building right behind you. The building seems to hold for a second...before it starts to give way as a result of the absent supporting material that was present a few seconds ago. Guess who is in the building's favorite resting spot? Ya, it's you and you quickly realize this just in time too as you pick yourself up and high-tail it out of there just in time to avoid being pancaked. You hear a crash behind you and what can only be described as a moan as the building settles. You know it has to do with the physics of how buildings collapse but it feels almost like the building was aiming for you on purpose. "Jerk," was your response despite your knowledge that builds do not have feelings and thus can't have the wish to destroy.

The monster that you saw before seems to though as it lets out a howling roar as a result of being hit by an energy beam. You turn around just in time to get a better look at it. You then realize just how cartoonish the monster seems to look. It has a simple black body with scales going all across it and it has a kind of shimmer to it. The actual shape of the monster seems a bit globy. One could almost describe it as practically featureless other than that, though. However, you aren't in a safe enough situation to afford to take the time to critique this creature's personal tastes in self-dressing so you decide to make your way to said safety.

"Sigh, ok I can do this," you tell yourself. You then begin to run in the direction of the energy bolts and take your nearest right. "This street seems to be safe and uninhabited," you tell yourself. Up ahead you see this castle and a road leading to it. You begin to make your way to it but encounter a small problem. One of the energy bolts was deflected by the monster's arm and hit directly to your left. Again, you find yourself face first into the ground. "I'm getting really sick of this," you tell yourself, "but if I'm going to make it out of here, I had better figure out the safest route. I can't just go by open ground."

With this realization, you turn into the nearest ally and work your way to the castle. "If I use alleys and back roads and stick to buildings that are surrounded by other buildings," you tell yourself, "I'm not going to risk having a stray bolt hit me directly. The buildings should protect me better than anything else will." What you lose by going through the alleys and backways, though, is the ability to actually gauge where you are going, but you can guess correctly right? Sure you can buddy, and you continue to think that until you find yourself at a dead end. "...Darn, ya this is bad," you tell yourself. You had just found yourself at not just any dead end but at the edge of a cliff. "Funny story," you tell yourself, "One, you can't navigate without a line of site for even two seconds. Two, you not only found yourself at a dead end and have to turn around to try and find your way to the castle but the sounds of the battle seem to be getting closer. This means you are now in more danger then you needed to be...you fool. Oh, and three, this town is on top of a mountain. This means you aren't going to be getting to open and safe ground anytime soon."

As you begin to turn around, though, a stray blast from the now migrated battle travels right between the rooftops of the two buildings that make up the ally way you are in and hits the ground a couple of feet behind you. This lurches you forward and past the edge. The ground and the buildings that were next to you before will soon be catching up to you as they begin to crack and fall apart soon after you fall.

"Well," you tell yourself, "This is how it all ends, right? At least it's pretty cool." The buildings up above you are in parts and free falling towards the ground. You must have fallen several thousand feet already, good job genius. As a result of the oxygen change, you begin to lose consciousness. Your vision begins to black out and just as you are about to complete go limb, you turn your head to see...flying ponies?...WITH HORNS!?

*whump

All of a sudden your stomach is in pain as these ponies ram into you. You quickly find yourself on the white one's back and much more alert than you were before. "Wha!? What happened!?" you yell to the blue one. Through the heavy wind, the blue one responds, "Hello subject, what ist thou doing here? You should have evacuated with everypony else." The white one responded "you've put us in a very bad predicament young one. We had to divert ourselves from the battle to save you. We'll talk about this later but, for now, we must get you to the train station for your safety." "Sister?" yelled the blue one through the heavy wind, "Does thou need any more assistance? Or may I head back into the battle?" "We'll be fine Luna," responded the white one. "Understood Celestia," responded Luna. She then banked left and returned to the battle with the monster which was now...firing energy out of its mouth...ya...that's a thing that happened.

"What is your name little one?" asked Celestia to you. You responded in kind," My name is Anonymous, but you can call me Anon. I am a human from Earth and I am very, very confused." "Oh?" responded Celestia, "Is that so? Well, aren't we all in life Anon. Aren't we all?" With those words and a chuckle, Celestia began to descend to a train station right below. While this was happening, you couldn't help but think, "What am I going to do now?" What in deed...what in deed.