• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 2,283 Views, 4 Comments

Reap what you sow - Shadow of doubt



Humans, Dogs, Cats they are all the same in the eyes of Equestria. Celestia, the ruler of ponykind is the kindest there is yet past misdeeds shall come haunting in the form of a monster. A monster she created. Your human and you fic slightly modifyed

  • ...
3
 4
 2,283

Awakening

In a cave deep underground, all but forgotten to time. Screams of rage and pain still stain the halls invisible to the naked eye. Shackles holding skeletons of dead humans all but deformed, given no mercy. Thousands of souls crying out for justice Revenge if you listen close enough you can even hear what they say.

Please... make it end.
Kill me...
why won't they just let me die?
Misery must be brought to them
It's nearly over
sooner or later they will get that they sew.
Revenge.
WE NEED REVENGE...















Celestia...














We are coming for you.

Within the cave thousands of green orbs of light gather together. Faces of pain and agony etched the shadows they cast. Bones of the dead, human, pony, bird even rodent bones start to levitate and circle the glowing orbs, none were rejected. Arms with stretching hands thin and frail yet sharp as knives emerge from the balls of light, grasping aimlessly pulling at the bones to start to form a body of rotten flesh and bones with green light escaping every hole. Soon eyes opened from the being shining with intellect unseen in even the smartest of humans, yet they radiate only one desire to kill the one who scarred them.

How do you defend against a being who is ready to die? How do you defend against a being who doesn't fear being sent to prison for life? How do you defend against a being who has nothing to lose? This thing truly has nothing to lose, not even a life.

Slowly the humanoid figure, made of rotten flesh and bone, walks forward. The only thing in the minds of the being seek is singular, Revenge.
As the humanoid moves across the moist stone, chipped and damaged from nature's wrath, the bones of the feet make an odd clicking and creaking noise as it moves with nothing but will turned magic. In a dry and deep voice, it speaks.

"We are Legion, and we are coming for you, Celestia."


-Canterlot palace-

"Princess, are you okay?" Asked a guard from the left side of Princess Celestia as she recovered from an unnatural chilling shiver.

"Yes, thank you for your concern, truly," replied the alabaster alicorn.

A sigh can be heard from her mouth as she moves on her throne, ignoring the sense of dread.

"Sister, I have had a vision of grave urgency." Came a shouting voice from the throne room side doors.

"Luna, what is the matter, what vision has made you so distraught?" came Celestia's calm reply.
"Guards, move out of the room, this is not for your ear's," Luna ordered while most guards left some hesitated and looked towards Celestia, who only nodding in reply before they left.

"Now sister, what is it you fear?" Celestia stated as she moved into a straighter position.

"It, it is harder to explain as it is unlike anything we have ever seen. But... it is after you and you alone, that much was clear, I'm not even sure what is was but all I could see were the faces of human's in agony shouting for revenge, soon it somehow manage to gain a form of some kind of undead creature the only other words it said that were not pain, revenge and agony were Celestia, we are coming for you," Luna panted slightly out of break as she tried to compress as much information in one sentence as possible.

Celestia sighed as she slumped down in her throne a little.
"It seems I must confess something to you sister, after your banishment I was not in the best state of mind. I- I just wanted to hurt something burn destroy, to lash out at the word for taking my only remaining family. But I could not, I had a broken country to run, to keep happy and protect, I could not protect them from anything if I was the one to hurt them, so I have done something I regret every day since then. As you know or should know from your studies about a decade after your... banishment, the dragon lands declared war against me, they thought that now that you were gone, as you-"

"Was the general of the equestrian army and head of the intelligence guild." Luna interrupted whilst she tapped her hoof on the marble floor with nervousness.

"Yes, they thought we would be an easy target, of course, they were wrong, as you may have noticed we still have all the land we had back then, more so even. They had found a new species in their lands, Humans as we know them now, but the dragons called them Saipan's for an odd reason they were not the most intelligent species but they could speak and follow orders, they most likely had the ability to become as intelligent or more so than the average pony if they were educated, but the dragons had their full loyalty. The humans worshiped them like gods and would fight for them to no end, even though they had spears and swords like we have they had no magic, and were easy to defeat but their numbers were immense. Oh sorry, I'm going of course but the end of the war we had won but thousands of humans perished and their ancestors slowly became like they are now, unintelligent and domesticated." Celestia's tangent was unknown to even the most trusted ponies and only the oldest of dragons Luna simple stood there shocked.

"You mean to say that humans were once an intelligent sapient species?" Luna stood slightly horrified of the new information. her wings fluffed slightly

"Yes, and i did not help them and they soon became what they are today, I can remember the last words I heard from a youth he said to me 'you shall reap what you sow' I do not know what he meant back then but now i think I do, I have made many mistakes luna, that is my greatest." Celestia recounted misty eyed, yet no tears were shed.

"You condemned a species to become nothing more than pets, why is this not in the- You erased that history?" Luna stated, shocked that her sister would do such a thing.

"No, I didn't it's still there but it just doesn't mention humans being intelligent." Celestia defended herself.

"It's still the same," Luna mumbled.

"Please, sister, let us move on to another topic, what of this vision can you tell how long we have?" Celestia asked a nervous edge in her tone only trained ears could hear.

"It seems as though the thing was formed in a dungeon, the everfree perhaps?" Luna offered, slightly miffed that she wasn't informed of this interesting piece of history.

"Perhaps, but there are many dungeons that could have humans in them," Celestia countered, as she stood up from her throne and made her way to Luna and embrace the peeved alicorn.

Luna sighed into the hug and returned it shortly
"We have all made mistakes Tia, I can tell you regret what you have done, well what you failed to do," Luna ended the embrace as she smiled to her sister "I am not one to condemn you for your lack of actions." Luna turned way from her sister and walked towards the door.

"I will be preparing for the coming threat, will you be getting twilight and her friends involved in this?" Luna asked as she opened the door with her magic.

"I would like it if she were not involved but I will tell her if things get out of hand, and hope that she can help," Celestia responded as she sat back at her throne.

"I just hope that if things do come to that, that she will not think of me differently," Celestia mumbled as Luna left the room, she slumps done.

"I will reap what I sow?" Those words, I will never forget.

Comments ( 4 )

I shall do as the comment before me has, and bookmark this for now.

I'll follow through with my "this is interesting" process and slap a read later and a track on this.

Are you gonna update this?

Login or register to comment