• Published 27th Jan 2017
  • 2,031 Views, 76 Comments

My Little Mages: The Phantasm of Philanthropy - Foxhelm



A retelling of The Nightmare Rarity Arch and Do Princesses Dream of Magical Sheep in this 'My Little Mages' AU

  • ...
3
 76
 2,031

A Real Chance

Nightshade had long recovered from being knocked out and had walked out of the castle and was nearing the drawbridge. She dropped to her knees as she looked over the edge. Soon she felt tears forming in the corners of her eyes, the first time she had tears in over three decades. She contemplated just ending it by jumping into the spike-ridden moat below. Before she knew it she had slipped into that space occupied by memories and dreams in an almost equal measure.

Nightshade was still Nightingale, in fact, she was still in her first year of school. Officer Shady Tree, Nightingale’s new foster mother, walked into Nightingale’s new foster home. “Ms. Tree what’s wrong?” Nightingale asked seeing the frown on Shady’s face and the sadness in her eyes.

“We found your mother, she has been dead for 10 days, it also looks like she was held against her will and tortured for some time before they decided to end her life. The good news is that because of the information in the envelope we managed to arrest everyone responsible. In truth, she effectively took down the corrupt system that exploited the loopholes in the law.” Shady informed. “Looks like Las Magus will actually get a chance to be a great city. All thanks to your mother.” /i]

“But what about me?” Nightingale asked.

“I am sorry, Nightingale, but it looks like your mother had no contingency plan for you, this was a plan of mutually assured destruction between her and her… patrons. I’m sorry, but it looks like her endgame didn’t factor you into the equation.” In that moment Nightingale realized that no one truly cared for her, not even her own mother, from that day forth she would look after herself first and foremost. But before that she ran into her room and bundling into a ball, the tears didn’t stop, and while they were never visible since then, they were still flowing from her eyes.

Nightshade looked up and saw everyone she fought recently arrive at the area of the drawbridge. She didn't move, save to break down and cry. Her magic was stripped from her, her bow was beyond repair, the part of her very being in it was dead, she had everything she struggled for stripped from her and the worst part was she was going to live out her life in prison begging for a death that will never come. Everything she did throughout her life, whoring herself as a little girl just to have the smallest bite of food, all the hours training and researching just to get into Wonderbolt Academy, all the grunt work and bureaucratic BS she laboured under just to be overlooked if favour for some privileged little girl a decade younger without even a third of her talent or skill, it was just like the day she murdered her wing, now she could do nothing. “Just kill me,” she said through her tears. As she looked the heroes. They looked at each other in confusion, save the two princesses and the Tantabus, who was now a man clearly in his late eighties early nineties in appearance and was just as powerless as her.

“Why would we do that?” said Twilight, “yes, you’ve committed crimes against the nation and its citizens, but you need to serve out your sentence.”

“Everything that kept me going is gone. I have no magic, the bow that I spent months of my life scrounging to get pieces of is little more than dust in the wind, and I have been used as a shield by my so-called allies just for them to get a bit more time on their escape.”

“You’re right,” said Twilight, “most of that is true, but you haven’t truly lost your magic. You changed the nature of your magic with forbidden spells, but now that your altered magic has been purged from your system your natural magics will reassert themselves. However, they will never be as they were before. We can’t kill you because of three reasons.”

“And what are those,” moped Nightshade, she didn’t believe anything Twilight had said about magic, as far as Nightshade was concerned the young mage was just trying to comfort her.

“We don’t have the authority or desire, to do so,” started Twilight.

“But that doesn’t mean some of us aren’t above thinking you need a good beating,” said Rainbow bluntly ready to fight. The rest of the group gave their elementalist friend stern looks, and if Spike and Angel had been there they would of as well.

“Also, it is not in the interest of the nation to cater to demands, whims or wishes of known criminals. And lastly, you have already died as an elementalist, you will never again be able to perform those arts. While your natural water magic will return in time, how much is hard to say, you will not be able to use it as an elementalist no matter how hard you try.”

“You are wrong, Twilight.” Tanzanite informed forcing everyone to focus on him, there was no anger, no malice, no rage in his voice but a hint of sorrow, a sorrow spawned from knowing something and no one willing to listen to the truth as the charge forth on the path they selected. “I didn't just take her power over darkness, I took all of her magic, her flight, her ability to use water, all of it. I had planned to engage in a three-way fight with two beings both of them could with a whim strip me of vast portions of my own magic, as they come from being a high priest, and my foes were both halves of the demigod I swore fealty to.” Twilight remained unconvinced. Seeing this, “Cast Detect Magic and you’ll see that Nightshade and I are without any magic.”

Twilight took a breath and opening her tome, she found the spell. As she spoke the spell, she saw that around her, all her friends, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were surrounded by light. But Nightshade and Tanzanite were… voids. There was no magic in either of them. Seeing the horror on Twilight’s face, “You see it don’t you. Everything I gave up. There are reasons why that spell is forbidden. Magic of all forms comes at a cost.” Nightshade informed, darkly. “Some at higher prices and with greater risks than others.”

“That is indeed true, all magic has a price that must be paid. But I also know there are flaws in every spell, no spell can be perfect. Just because you both are without magic now, and it cannot be detected through magic at this moment does not mean it completely gone. There’s still a chance that the levels are so low that a detection spell can’t pick it up, and if it is indeed true you are now voids then I will find a way to return your natural magic to you, but chances are they will not manifest as they once did, or ever will again.” Unseen to all Celestia and Luna gave little smiles.

“Your naive foolishness will be your undoing, given time,” Nightshade muttered before coughing.

“If it’s a fool’s work to find a way to restore what should have never been lost in the first place, then I’ll gladly play the fool. Magic is more than a tool, it is a part of our very being. With magic completely stripped from anything or anybody the side effects of such a loss are only theoretical at this point, but I swear I will do all in my power to find a way to fix this travesty before it becomes fatal.” Twilight informed but a hand was placed on her shoulder. Twilight looked to see Celestia and her master gave a closed-eyed frown as she shook her head. Just then Nightshade leaned forward and started to cough up and vomit not only blood but the content of her stomach.

“It’s too late,” Nightshade said after she got a chance to breathe. “I am already falling apart.” Nightshade continued weakly before starting to cough again vomiting more blood. After regaining her breath. “Just do it already.” She then started to wheeze until she was able to speak again. “You preach about following and upholding the laws, namely the execution of my sentence, what about the one on cruel and unusual punishment.” Nightshade stopped to take deep breaths, trying to cling to what little life she had, just long enough to be put out of her misery.

Applejack drew her sword and walked towards Nightshade. She placed the blade of her sword on the back of Nightshade’s neck. The divine runes lit up as she lifted the sword, “Wait!! Wait!” Rarity shouted as she gave Opal to Sweetie Belle to hold, causing Applejack to stop and step aside. “Don’t I get a say in all this, I am the most recent victim.” Rarity then walked and kneeled in front of Nightshade. She then took a gem she had as she placed her hand on Nightshade’s forehead. “Show us.” Rarity said as her eyes and Nightshade’s glowed as the gem drew a light from the two sets of glowing eyes and started to project each of Nightshade’s memories for all to see. As the memories were shown, Nightshade started to tear up again, as she was about to break down in tears again. As the last memory Nightshade dealt on finished, the light ended. “You never had a chance, did you?” Rarity said as she looked. “You are a poor unfortunate soul.” Rarity whispered as she hugged Nightshade. After the hug, she got back up and turned to the others. “I forgive for the effects and affects of her actions on me.”

Applejack then spoke, “What would yah ask mah to do?” the paladin asked.

“Nothing.” Rarity then turned to Princess Celestia, “Your grace, look at this miserable wreck. You saw that she never had a chance. Yes, she is a product of her choices, but also as much a product of circumstances beyond her control. She might not be redeemable now, or ever, but it is the duty of all of us to make sure those sorts of circumstances don’t continue so as to ensure someone like her that was effectively forced to choose between bad decisions in order to survive doesn’t happen again. Regardless, she still deserves the chance to try and genuinely redeem herself.”

“You’re just a big a fool as the apprentice,” rasped Nightshade, “I don’t have time left to make the attempt, all I can do is beg for a merciful end.”

Applejack nodded, almost as if she knew what Nightshade was getting at. But before she could do anything Princess Celestia walked past Rarity and kneeled to be on the level with Nightshade. “Rest now in moonlight's embrace
Bear up my lullaby, winds of the earth
Through cloud, and through sky, and through space
Carry the peace and the coolness of night.” Celestia sang as she placed her hands on Nightshade and soon the two were bathed in light. Everyone covered their eyes and turned away so not to be blinded by the light. After a few seconds, the lights vanished and the first thing everyone heard was the cry of a newborn girl. “May all your dreams be sweet tonight
Safe upon your bed of moonlight
And know not of sadness, pain, or care…” they then heard Celestia sing as the baby fell to sleep in her arms.

“Sister?” Luna asked as she and the other noticed the absence of Nightshade and confused at what Celestia just did.

Celestia turned to face everyone, “Everyone, Nightingale, You, I, Everyone, should be given a real chance.” What no one but Luna knew was that Celestia was actually paraphrasing Clover the Clever, their mother in all but blood. “And I know just the couple who will give Nightingale a real chance. And maybe with a mentor like Scootaloo,” Celestia said as she turned to Scootaloo, “she won’t become Nightshade again. But let us go back into town. I have a delivery to make.”

As they made their way back, “How am I supposed to be a good mentor to her?” Scootaloo asked no-one in particular, just voicing her concern.

“Don’t worry, Little Buddy. Just watch and learn from the Dashinator.”

“But yah might want ta focus more on what she did right, and note what not ta do.”

“Besides, by the time she’s old enough for school you’ll already have graduated from primary education and found your special talent,” said Pinkie without much thought to it.

“Pinkie’s likely right in this case,” said Twilight, “and no matter what your talent turns out to be, chances are some aspect of it will help you guide her. In a sense, you, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom help guide each other. You inspire the others to take risks, Apple Bloom acts as the one to voice reason, and Sweetie is the one to help start all the ideas. You three play off each other well, you’ll probably find what you are best suited for before you realize it.”

As they all traveled back, Rainbow Dash didn’t fly, noticing this, “What’s the matter Dashie?” Pinkie asked.

Rainbow sighed, “I can’t believe I almost believed her.”

“We can,” Everyone else said back to her in near unison.

“So, Nightshade wasn’t your mom,” said Pinkie, “can you honestly say you would have enjoyed having a mom like that”

“No,” said Rainbow wiping her face down with her sleeve, “it’s just that whenever I asked dad about my mom, my real mom, he’d always find a way to dodge the question or deflect the conversation toward something else.”

“I have to agree with that,” Fluttershy said as she pulled back. “We all really can’t pick our families, please don’t get me started on Zephyr, but we can choose how we deal with them. This just means you can finally force the conversation with your dad, and it’s probably well overdue at this point. If your dad still doesn’t want to talk about it, you can always bring up how Nightshade almost tricked you, and what she said about him and your eyes.”

“Well, Darling, there is also your stepmother, if I am not mistaken, she would most likely tell you, if for no other reason than to attempt to better solidify her relationship with you.” Rarity said comfortingly as they all headed back to Magiville.


A few hours later, Luna and Tanzanite were alone on one of the benches located in the gardens of the castle in Chantalot. The two did not speak, but it was a tender moment of affectionate silence. For what could be said between the two. Soon Tanzanite started to cough.

After overcoming the cough, “I don’t have much time left do I?” He asked as he faced. Luna, turning away as he suffered another bout of coughing, but still able to see the sad nodded from the princess. “So my end will be the same as the Shadowbolt?” he asked after temporarily regaining his breath.

“Your fate is similar to that of Nightingale, with one key difference,” said Luna sternly.

“I know I don’t have long,” said Tanzanite, beginning to cough up blood.

“Do you remember the part of your oath about shadows returning?”

“Yes, it was rather poetic,” he coughed up more blood.

“Nay, twas not poetry for the sake of a beauteous harmony among those who have sworn to me, it was a magic to bind your spirit to this realm and force a reincarnation to atone for any sins you committed for any reason, justified or not. You shall return, an old soul in a young body with nary any memories of your past life save feelings in your new life that will lead you to your atonement. We have both committed great sins, I have a lifetime to try and atone for them now that I am returned, you would never have that luxury in the state you were in during both returns of Nightmare. You felt your loyalties divided because she was always a part of me and as such, following her did not violate your oath of service to me. Before you go, I feel we must amend some aspects of our relationship.”

“All I need is to hear three words and to say them. I will go first. Luna, I love you.” Tanzanite said as he looked at Luna, a smile on his face

“I love you, Tanzanite,” Luna said and the two kissed. Shortly after the kiss ended, Tanzanite dissolved in shadows, a smile on his face. After a second or two, his body was no more. However, his spirit lingered a little while longer as Luna felt embraced by him, like young lovers, one more time. “I will wait for you,” she whispered as if to a still sleeping lover, before the spirit left without any sorrow, sadness, or bitterness. And while the tears on her cheeks were unmistakable, she wore an authentic smile. “See you soon,” Luna said to herself. She then jumped into the night sky, all the while watching over the nation. Granted as many slept, she found joy in seeing people out and about, enjoying her nights, some even spotted her and waved greetings, a few shout, ‘We love you, Princess Luna!’. It was small consolation, but it was something none the less.


Around the same time, Bon Bon looked at the small jar holding the ashes of what was once a dangerous bow in that same facility and sighed. “Why is it I always get the troublesome jobs? Even the ashes of this thing are dangerous, I just hope all of them are here to be accounted for.” She said as she opened a small wooden cupboard that was concealed in one of the shelves and placed the jar containing the ashes of Gloom Mark inside then shut the door and went to a brass, iron and silver vault covered inside and out with arcane and divine symbols. Opening it there was a dark green satyr bell cast in bronze and etched all about with necromantic symbols, what appeared to be an obsidian dagger, a bronze shortsword covered with some sort of ancient text and what looked like a giant rainbow-colored pearl. Reaching into her bag she pulled out the retrieved the now lifeless remains of Nightmare, she mentally kicked herself several times for not placing such a dangerous artifact in the vault in the first place, and set it in this vault, noting that everything else from the vault she had been using, save Discord was already transferred, signed and dated by Princess Celestia, before closing it and making sure it was completely closed and locked.

Outside she was greeted by Princess Celestia, “Special Agent Sweetie Drops, I have this for you.” Celestia said as she handed Bonbon an envelope.

Bon Bon opened it and took out a letter, “I am being honorably discharged? All my benefits? A three hundred thousand bit severance package? I don’t have to keep lying to Lyra?” Bon Bon asked all of that in disbelief. Celestia nodded. As tears of joy started to form in her eyes, Bonbon hugged the princess in gratitude. “Thank you, thank you, thank you.”

Celestia ended the hug and looking at the cheerful agent, “Although, until a replacement is found you will still be the acting caretaker of this facility. I already took the liberty of officially giving Lyra and the Element Bearers authorization. I have a feeling they might be needing resources that this facility can provide. Also, as of nine hours ago, my sister is officially in charge of these matters, I’m just here as a formality.” As Celestia turned to leave. “However, Lyra has a surprise for you when you get home and congratulations.”

“On what?” Bon Bon asked confused.

“You two have been approved to adopt and your first child, an orphaned baby Skyborn girl named Nightingale, is with her. Act surprised when Lyra tells you.” Bon Bon froze and melt there in unadulterated bliss, she was completely and utterly surprised that she and Lyra were now mothers and couldn’t be any happier. When Princess Celestia was a fair way from anyone’s earshot as she headed to the archives. “It’s getting harder and harder to doctor the records to keep these things under wraps. Oh, how I miss the days when most of the population was illiterate and most of the literate only cared about writing and reading poetry.” she bemoaned and gave a sigh. “Oh, Platinium is most certainly laughing at me from beyond the grave. And Mother is probably shaking her head with how many secrets I’ve been keeping.”


Epilogue: A New Day

Dressed in a cloak that hid her wings and flowing hair, Luna arrived at Magiville General Hospital. She walked inside and to the reception desk. “I have an appointment with the residing psychotherapist,” Luna spoke to the receptionist.

“Name please?” the receptionist asked as she looked over for appointments for the doctors.

“Moonpie,” Luna answered blushing out of embarrassment over the use of the pseudonym her sister used to book the appointment.

“Floor D, Wing R, Room 001,” receptionist informed Luna about the location of her appointment. “Heads up, while he might spook new patients by his appearance, he’s actually harmless and very welcoming.”

Luna took the elevator near the reception desk to Floor D, and followed the arrow to Wing R, and arrived at the door of her appointment. “Psychotherapist, Psychologist, Accountant?” Luna read out loud, confused about the third one. She took a breath and opened the door, as she was about to enter the office, “Excuse me, I am Moonpie and I am here for my appointment.”


Elsewhere, Flash Sentry got off the train in uniform, as he was ordered to ‘hit the ground running’ with a sack over his left shoulder with most of his stuff. He was in the northernmost town of Mystica, a fair distance south of the Crystal Mountains, the northern border of Mystica. “So much for that leave,” he sighed as he dipped his head. He took something out of his pocket, it was a series of photos of him and Twilight in a random photobooth, making faces, and it brought a smile to his face, “Well, it was nice while I had it.” Flash then reported for duty and was assigned to lead a patrol of the area north of town.

As the patrol traversed the tundra on their way back, several hours later, something caught Flash’s eye, a glimmer. He turned and his mouth dropped. “Sir?” one of the other guards in his patrol asked, “What are your orders, Sir?”

“Princess Celestia has to be told,” Flash whispered before he gave his order, “We report back to HQ and follow protocol,” Flash ordered.

Author's Note:

(Gets free) (breath, breath) Okay, this AU's answer to the Nightmare Rarity arch is over.

That took longer than I planned... Please don't ask.

I hope everyone got the reference in the epilogue.

Well, what is nex...

"Cccrrryyyssstttaaalllsss!"

Why do ask? :facehoof:. The King has entered the building.

Comments ( 36 )

Nice to see that Nightingale will have a new chance and that Tanzanite got a good ending.

And next, the most terryfing villain of the series: the Big, Black Cloud!

7977740 not sure if you are being sincere or trolling me with the last statement...

As for Nightingale and Tanzanite... while I think its a fitting ending, I do anticipate having to defend that choice, but thank you for liking it.

7977825 Ah, was that it all? It didn' t continue after that moment? I was hoping for something more intense than a knock-out from a flying tortoise.

Whatever, it still was a cool moment.

7977854 The trolling is pointed towards the canon show: Sombra had so much potential, and they wasted it atrociusly!

I know for sure that your take on him will be what he truly deserves as a villain! More screen-time, and more speech than "Crystals" and "Slaves".

7977977 I get the want of more Sombra on screen, but you have to remember Sombra is not Darth Vader, he's more like Sauron from "The Lord of The Ring".

7977968 Well according to Rainbow you only want experience being hit in the head by a flying tortoise without a helmet one time.:rainbowkiss::pinkiehappy::trollestia:

Hey there. I have to say this is rather well done all around. Very good action, characterizations, general story wrap-up and future story set-up. I just waited until the story was done because, well, the other reviewers were putting it better than I could anyway. At any rate, it's breakfast time and, after that, I'm going to have a fairly busy day, so I'm going to have to hold off on your next story for the time being.

7986108 I am glad you enjoyed it, I hope you do enjoy "My Little Mages: The Siege of Krystopolies" when you get the chance.:twilightsmile:

who is Luna's therapist? it's probably some fandom joke i don't get.

8073278 Are you familiar with DRWolf001, Dr. Wolf?

8073291 not really I heard the name but I like starting things at the beginning and I'm not sure we're the beginning is for his stuff

8073318 he's not a character in the show but is a well known member of the Brony 'Analysis' community , one of most well worked with members of the fandom and he's considered the fandom's pyscotherapist. This was sorta a shout out to the good doctor.

Rainbow sighed, “I can’t believe I almost believed her.”

“We can.” Everyone else said back to her in near unison.

Are you girls seriously calling her stupid?

Dick. Move.

8221041
Well... Rainbow Dash is, shall we say, not known to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

8221077

They were surprised that she even calmed down.

And if they would have done it or not is irreverent

Just saying, RD deserved some catharsis after that.

Well... Rainbow Dash is, shall we say, not known to be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Testing... testing... 1, 2, 3 shows she's got a photographic memory and can multitask while in mid-flight, something Twilight herself has trouble doing.

RD may not be a super genius, but she is NOT. STUPID.

Also Nightmare's forces are manipulative enough to corrupt even smarter mages, after everything RD's gone through the way they acted towards their friend is nothing short of mean-spirited.

Just saying, simply treating her like she's​ a complete idiot is just rude on their part. Would it have been fair if they'd fallen for the same thing and she insulted them that way?

8221092

Just saying, RD deservedsome catharsisafter that.

What’s wrong is wrong even when it feels right and everyone does it.

Testing... testing... 1, 2, 3 shows she's got a photographic memory and canmultitask while in mid-flight,somethingTwilight herselfhas trouble doing.

That is neither a sigh of intellect or wisdom, also Twilight was still very new to flying, Rainbow has been flying her whole life, that’s not a good comparison.

RD may not be a super genius, but she is NOT. STUPID.

Yeah, umm, “We need a carefully thought out plan” (Twilight). “I AM COMING, DARING DO!” (Rainbow Dash), “THAT’S NOT A PLAN” (Twilight), and let’s not get started on Newbie Dash, the point is Rainbow Dash is not the smartest of the group.

Also Nightmare's forces are manipulative enough to corrupt even smarter mages,

, care to provide an example of a smarter mage manipulated? Because Nightshade was given an offer she couldn’t refuse, Grogar, Somnambula, and Catrina also made deals with her, and The Tantabus and the Order of Shadows were a cult dedicated to Nightmare Moon... in fact, they were her forces. As for Rarity... possession.

after everything RD's gone through the way they acted towards their friend is nothing short of mean-spirited.
Just saying, simply treating her like she's a complete idiot is just rude on their part.

You are putting words in their mouths and you are imposing the inference you made onto them.

Would it have been fair if they'd fallen for the same thing and she insulted them that way?

, yes, yes it would, because it happens already, at least in the show, Applejack is wiser than Rainbow Dash and when she does stupid things she gets called out for it, even if she was tricked. Twilight is more intelligent than Rainbow, and when she does stupid things she gets called out for it, even if she’s tricked. Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Rarity are both wiser and more intelligent than Rainbow Dash and when they do stupid things they get called out for it, even when they are tricked.

8221092

she insulted them that way?

Can you prove that them saying

“We can.”

is an insult. Because all

Rainbow sighed, “I can’t believe I almost believed her.”

“We can.” Everyone else said back to her in near unison.

points to is that they can believe that Rainbow Dash almost believed her. That’s not in it of itself an insult, That is a group of people knowing that their friend could believe something, calling the other friend of the lack of self-awareness by stating that they can believe she would believe something when she seems shocked that she almost believed the thing in question. Friends do this. It might not be pleasant, but pleasantry is never guaranteed, now Reality hitting you like a freight train is.

8221131

How is a photographic memory not a sign of intelligence? Last I checked that kind of insight is required of an intelligent individual.

Rainbow Dash may be hotheaded and not be the smartest of the group, but she's still far from stupid. Just like how Pinkie is the most absent-minded and sometimes unintentionally insensitive, but that doesn't make her an idiot.

I didn't mean to put words in their mouths, but the delivery of that exchange felt too harsh in my opinion.

And I wouldn't go as far as to say everyone in the group is smarter than RD, granted they are wise, but mainly in their own talent ranges. Like her they'd be unable to immeadiatly adapt to a different environment without​ some preparation first.

8221147

When they said “We can.” it felt like they were basically saying “yeah, you would be dumb enough to fall for that”, I know that's not what they meant, but the delivery of that line came off as such. Kind of like that one scene in “Keep Calm and Flutter On”.

Fluttershy: Do you all think I'm a silly, gullible fool?

Others: Um, well... Er...

Rarity: Only in the sense of being silly and gullible...

Me: Thanks for the vote of confidence guys...

You see what I mean? Personally it would have felt a little more natural if this is how it went:

Rainbow sighed, “I can’t believe I almost believed her.”

“Well... it's kind of understandable that you did...” AJ replied. “Suddenly gettin' a told who your mother is after years of not knowin'... that kinda stuff ain't easy to ignore.”

Just saying, after everything they went through together, this seems a little more tactful in my opinion.

Sorry if I got a little carried away, it's just sometimes certain lines like that tend to rub me the wrong way...

8221160

How is a photographic memory not a sign of intelligence? Last I checked that kind of insight is required of an intelligent individual.

, because having a photographic memory is not in it of itself a sigh of actual intelligence. It is a trait people have, many of the people whom have it are highly intelligent, but doesn’t prove that intelligence begets a photographic memory, at the very least there is a collation between the two but that doesn’t prove that there is a causation.

Rainbow Dash may be hotheaded and not be the smartest of the group, but she's still far from stupid. Just like how Pinkie is the most absent-minded and sometimes unintentionally insensitive, but that doesn't make her an idiot.

, never said Rainbow Dash is stupid, nor will I, (not saying you are accusing me of that) but when she does stupid things I am going to call her out for it, namely because she either knows better or at the very least should know better.

And I wouldn't go as far as to say everyone in the group is smarter than RD, granted they are wise, but mainly in their own talent ranges. Like her, they'd be unable to immediately adapt to a different environment without some preparation first.

, there’s a reason why I said wiser and/or more intelligent but not smarter, that’s because there are many different forms of smart, there is prudence (Which Applejack lacked in Honest Apple when she was criticizing the fashion and Rarity lacked when she had Applejack be a judge for the fashion contest in the first place)... I know there is more but that is what came to mind. And you are right they are experts in their own field, it just happens to be that the fields of expertise the others have, tend to be more encompassing than her’s.

Just saying, after everything they went through together, this seems a little more tactful in my opinion.

, not disputing that, but tact doesn’t always get the best results and given everything they been through, it’s reasonable that they would not have the mental energy to come up with and deliver a more tactful variant.

Sorry if I got a little carried away, it's just sometimes certain lines like that tend to rub me the wrong way...

, I am not guiltless in this matter either, but to be just, I get that as a Rainbow Dash fan you don’t like Rainbow Dash being put down, but as an Applejack is Best Mane 6 person, I have long ago resided myself to the fact that people will treat her as little more than a hillbilly, and I can either let it get under my skin and blow up or take a breath and walk away.


But let’s this by saying we agree to disagree about the execution of that scene and we carry on, If you’re cool with that, I’ll leave this in the dust of the past.
I Pinkie Promise.
Cross my heart and hold to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.

8221198
Yeah ok. Again, sorry if I came on a little too strong... I do sincerely like your work.

8403317
Huh. :rainbowhuh: Maybe I'm just projecting my Flash-related frustrations onto your writing. :twilightsheepish:

8403417
In my mind, groggy, annoyed Celestia and tipsy Celestia sound pretty similar. I must have gotten them mixed up.

8403425
Tired people and drunk people sound very similar

8403332
Yeah I anit too happy about Flash being shafted either, but that connection was not intended.

Out of all your stories I've read so far, this has got to be creepiest. I know Tanzanite is coming back, but question is "Will Pinkie Pie know who he is when he does?"

8403633
It's actually rather brilliant. Rarity has used the perceptions others had of girls/women like her to her advantage. See a Dog and Pony Show.

8403599
Yes, yes I am. Got to give Nightshade something.

8403599
Yes, yes I am. Got to give Nightshade something.

8403675
It would be more of a reincarnation than a resurrection, can't say more. :raritywink:

8403675
I cannot say that over all any if my other stir will be creepier, aspects of some chapters will horrify you more.glad that you deemed it a favorite.

8403742
Yes, I know that, but will Pinkie recognize him? I don't know why I'm even asking. You're probably only going to give me some cryptic answer. :trixieshiftleft:

Why did you keep calling rubble "ramble"?

Comment posted by Foxhelm deleted Dec 30th, 2021

11210396
You're welcomed

Login or register to comment