• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 3,101 Views, 63 Comments

Heroes meet heros, a Zootopia/MLP crossover - Applejack224



One year after the Night Howler conspiracy, ZPD officers Judy Hopps and Nicholas Wilde find themselves in a strange world unlike their own.

  • ...
12
 63
 3,101

Chapter 1: Introductions

Crystal Empire, Equestria


Ugh..., muttered the orange and white-furred unicorn who sat at his desk. He wore round glasses, had an orange mane along with an equally as orange goatee. The unicorn had his head down, rubbing his head with his hooves, sighing in frustration at the old and worn book opened in front of him.

"Sunburst, are you okay?" a feminine voice said to him.

Startled, Sunburst quickly turned around to see who just spoke: Princess Mi-Amore Cadenza, or simply Cadence. Also, the ruler to whom he served.

"Oh, um, h-hello Your Majesty, what can I do for you?" Sunburst asked.

"I'm just checking on you. You've been isolated in your personal study for the past few days and we were starting to get worried." Cadence replied.

Sunburst swallowed and nodded. It was true that he hadn't been as sociable as he used to be, though with the rather impressive study he received after doing the Crystallizing, it was a wonder he ever got out at all. In truth, Sunburst had to admit, he had become quite obsessive over a certain magic book he discovered while exploring his study one day.

"I apologize, Your Majesty. I just had gotten so invested into a particular book I had discovered and lost my sense of time." Sunburst explained, sheepishly grinning.

Cadence giggled and replied, "oh, it's quite alright, Sunburst. We all get carried away from time-time on the things that we love the most. In a way, you remind me of my sister-in-law and how she gets so caught up in books like you do."

Sunburst simply smiled and blushed slightly.

"Anyhow, I imagine you probably haven't eaten much over the past few days. Why don't you take a break and join me and Captain Armor for dinner?" she asked politely.

Looking over to his book, Sunburst thought for a few seconds before concluding that his research can wait. It wasn't like he cracked the spell yet anyway.

"Sure, sounds like fun." he replied.


......


Zootopia, Mammal Earth


Depending on where you were, Mid-July in Zootopia could either be sweltering heat with tons of humidity, or a dry heat that would make one wish he were a camel, or still be frigid cold. Fortunately, the day was still just starting, so the temperature was still somewhat low. Nick stood at the entrance of the ZPD station, wearing his traditional aviator sunglasses and holding two cups of Starhoof coffee in his paws.

"Morning, Nick." Judy said as she walked up to him.

She then noticed that the two coffee cups and smiling slyly, she added, "oh, are one of those for me?"

"As much as I'd like to drink both of these magnificent cups, sadly yes, one of them is." Nick replied jokingly, giving one of them to his partner.

....

Two hours later

"Flash, Flash, 100-yard Dash, what's up Pal?" asked Nick as he and Judy walked up to the Sahara Square hardware store.

Nick's friend, Flash, stood in front of the store, sitting on the sidewalk. He had been working there when the place got robbed and was one of the animals needed to be interviewed, along with the store owner.

Poor guy, he looks really down. Nick thought as he looked down at the sloth. He knew that times weren't exactly going well for him ever since that whole thing where he was caught racing through Sahara Central and it was really with help from both him and Judy that Flash even managed to get to work here.

"H-i-i N-i-c-k." the sloth said, his voice slower than usual.

"Hey, Flash. Sorry about what happened." Judy consoled.

Flash nodded and looked up at the two officers. Before he could say anything, an angry voice shouted, "Officers, about time ya showed up!"

A rather angry looking beaver walked out of the shop and towards the officers. He wore a red collared shirt, with cargo pants and had on a cap which read BeaverTailEnd Hardwore store.

"Sorry we couldn't get here any sooner, Mister Beavertail. We were just about to ask one of your employees for details on what happened here." Judy said, slightly annoyed by the beaver's burst of anger.

"I'll tell you what happened here, Officer: my store was robbed by abunch of no-good vagrants!" Mr. Beavertail yelled.

"T-h-e-r-e wa-s th-ree of th-em, all f-foxes." Flash chimed in.

"Foxes?" Nick asked, his ears suddenly standing on end.

"Yeah, foxes. Abunch of goddamned thugs, that group is." Mr. Beavertail retorted.

Suddenly realizing what he just said, he looked to Nick with a slightly apologetic look.

"Not you, of course, Officer Wilde."

"Right... of course..." Nick replied sarcastically, his expression one of severe disapproval and even anger.

Judy shared a similar look and asked sternly, "Mr. Beavertail, could you describe what the three looked like."

Mr. Beavertail nodded and went into detail, all along Judy created a drawing based on the description.

"Is this what they looked like, Sir?" she asked, holding the drawing so that the beaver could see it. The drawing was a depiction of three young foxes, aged 14 to 17, all wearing casual street clothes and had gang tattoos.

After looking for a couple of minutes, Mr. Beavertail nodded and replied, "yup, that's them."

"Good. Now, did you see where they were heading?" Judy asked.

Mr.Beavertail thought for a moment before replying, "they were headed east, other side of town."

"Alright, thank you for the information,Sir, and we'll see you later, Flash." Judy said as she and Nick returned to the car.

Flash merely nodded and began to get back up from the sidewalk.


.....


After several calls with Resources to identify the three thieves, Judy and Nick were on their way to the eastern side of Sahara Square. Nick was silent for the majority of the trip, seemingly lost in thought.

God, he's so cute when he does that~wait, did I really think that? Come on, Judy, keep yourself together, he's your partner and its not like it would work out. Still, he seems really troubled by something, I should check up on him. thought Judy as a small bit of blush appeared on her face.

After clearing her throat and calming herself down, Judy said, "hey, Nick, you doin okay?"

Nick said nothing for a few moments, then replied, "I'm okay, just thinking about how easily I could have been one of those kids we're about to bust."

Nick....

"I mean, I know I never did anything as serious as what these kids are doing, but it still troubles me that they're pretty much throwing their lives away." Nick continued.

And... I'm worried that so many still see us foxes as shifty and as low-lifes...

"Nick... you're a good person and you managed to turn your life around practically 180." Judy said comforting.

"180, huh? So, if I do acouple more turns, I'll be at 360?" Nick asked with a sly grin on his face.

Judy rolled her eyes and laughed.


.......

Author's Note:

And that's the beginning of this story. Don't worry, I haven't given up on other one, I just needed to try something else.

*if anyone quotes Try Everything, I swear I will record your deepest, darkest secrets on the carrot pen and hold the secret for ransom*