• Published 16th Jan 2017
  • 1,106 Views, 12 Comments

The Earth Quake - Haileythedog



Scootaloo has found a family, but not one she ever thought she would have. Going from sleeping on cement to being diapered by your Idol isn't an easy transition, but when tradegity strikes, things get even more difficult.

  • ...
13
 12
 1,106

CH.3 your rainboom hurt my rock!

I had never been that embarrassed in my entire life. I had acted like a foal, trying to take what wasn't mine. Gahhhh! Even looking back on apologizing, I still just cringe at the fact it even happened. All I needed to do now was get Tia and head back home in time to watch Ranbow dash strut her stuff! Easy right!? Not when Silver Spoon is around.

I had decided to give the bear to Tia as a thanks for helping the CMC, but when she was around Silver Spoon, the worst came out of her. "Hey there flightless!" Silver shouted seeing me comeing. I sighed, knowing what was to come. "Where's the rest of your dumb cutiemark sisters?"

"Probably bucking apples or ruining dresses!" Tia chimed. It had started, and usually I would walk away, but after today, I didn't want to give up on her. "Are you done talking to your pedophile friend? Did he molest you?"

"Says the theif who tried to steal his grapes," I said, plainly. "At least I don't have my head so far up my flank that I can't figure out who my real friends are."

"At least I don't carry around a dumb blanket and hide a stupid scooter! I can just buy what I need!"

"Well at least I'm not some snob like you!"

"Well at least I have parrents!" Silver Spoon felt the need to reinforce that with a "Yeaaaa."

"Well if I had parents I bet they'd love me!" I had said it before I thought about it. I curse myself even thinking about that scentence to this day. But what she said next broke my heart into a million prices.

"At least my home isn't some rock!"

She covered her mouth, knowing she had gone too far. I felt tears well up in my eyes, and I saw hers do the same.

"I'm so sorry Scootaloo... I didn't mean-"

"I got you this bear..." I interrupted, " I thought it might keep you company... when you... when you..." I couldn't hold it back anymore, I threw the bear at her feet and ran tword an ally with a box covered by a sheet. I heard her running after me, but I kicked over the box and grabbed my scooter, leaving the helmat and pads, speeding away with my blanket in my mouth. I didn't know why, or what even compelled me to go where I did, but I rode twords an all too familiar cottage, where a rainbow pony had just taken flight.







When I got to the door step, all I could do was just throw my scooter down and hold my blanket close, with a broken feather and a jar of ink wrapped in it. I ran to the door and knocked. Inside a loveing voice asked "Did you forget something dear?" When the door opened, all fluttershy could do is stand there in shock. "Scootaloo!? Oh my! What's wrong?"

I sniffled and blubbered, barily makeing out words. "F-F-Fluuuuut-ter-sh-sh-shyyyyyy!" I balled and lunged into her, hopeing I wasn't being weird, but if you knew her, you would understand why I did it. There is a reason every animal finds comfort in her. All she could do was wrap her hoves around me and lead me inside. She sat me down and handed me an embroidered hanker chief from the book shelf. I wiped my tears as best I could, but I couldn't keep up, so she took it from me and sat next to me, wrapping one hoof around my shoulder and useing the other to wipe my face on occasion.

Once I had calmed down a bit, she rubbed my back and asked the million dallor question. "What's wrong sweetie?" The pet name some how braught me comfort, made me confide in her a little more. I sniffled one last time and started explaining the situation the best a crying child could. I told her about Diamond Tiara, about how she had been nice to me all day, but turned sour and pushed things to far. I didn't tell her about the bear, I felt a bit silly about that part. "I'm so sorry dear. I'm sure she didn't mean it, just like you didn't mean what you said about her parents."

"Why do we say stuff we don't mean?" I was ginuinly curious, as almost every fills is about that question.

"Well, I guess in the heat of the moment, sometimes our judgement... is impaired. Do you know what that word means?" I shook my head no. "Well, it's like if it isn't fully functional. Pretend there is a filter between your brain and your mouth. Every time you get angry, holes are poked into that filter, and it takes a little to repair those holes. Am I makeing sense?"

"I guess. Where is Rainbow?" I had originally planned to confide in her.

"She just left before you got here. She's about to go clear the sky if you want to watch...." I bounced up and ran outside. When ever there was supposed to be no clouds in the sky, she would do her rainboom to clear them all. I sat on The small bridge leading to the house, watching the streak of Rainbiw get brighter and brighter as it soured through the air. Fluttershy stood behind me and watched as well. The stream from her tail grew brighter and brighter until... BOOM! Rainbows filled the sky like fire works, spreading across all of Ponyville and could even be seen from Canterlot.

I was at a loss for words, my troubles forgotten and and my hopes renewed. She hadn't meant what she said, I'm sure of it. "Could I ask you for a favor dear?" I looked back at fluttershy with an apron in her hands and a couple of spoons. "I could really use help with dinner."






Who was I to turn down fluttershy. She had told a small fib though, one of the few she tells. She needed me to take care of the dessert. I started hollowing out carrots, filling them with cream, then popping them in the oven. Mean while she made a fruit casserole, witch I had my doubts with. It was apperantly game night and her and Rainbow always have this meal every wedsday. She said there was a story to it, but that we should wait for rainbow to tell it.

When the Carrots were cooking, I was told to set the table. Forks, napkins, knives, and changeing the water in the flower's vace. I then got out what Rainbow had gotten Angle (his favorite kind of apple) and cut it up, handing him the bowl. He imeadiatly started stuffing his face. "Angel! You'll get a tummy ache!" The rabbit squeaked and protested. "Fine, but if you start hurting, don't come crawling to me! Cause I won't care!" Huh... she told two lies that day.

Their banter was interrupted by Rainbow walking in the door. "Hello my beautiful wife! And fluttershy!" Fluttershy immeadiatly snorted and had to drop the spoon while she giggled. I didn't really get it. Rainbow flew over, causing everything to shake with a gust of wind and spun around with Fluttershy in her arms. They started to kiss pashinatly and I couldn't resist makeing my usual "Gack!" sound at the spectical. After they stopped eating each other's face, Rainbow looked at me and asked, "Did you write that letter like I told you to?"

I blushed and pouted at the thought of apologizing. "Yes... I hope you don't mind I borrowed your ink and pen."

"Not at all, Scoots. What did you think of today's rainboom huh!?"

Suddenly I was filled with life again, getting to gush over my favorite thing in the world. "It was so good! This has to be your best regular boom yet! I mean nothing beats double rainboom, but it got so far!"

"Did you like the angle I put on it?"

"It gave me and Fluttershy a perfict view! Did it cut into the ground?"

"Ohhh yeeeaaaaa by quite a bit too!"

"Okay you two!" Fluttershy announced, "Dinner's ready!" In a blink of an eye, Rainbow was in her seat. Fluttershy gently carried the plates of food in, and I ran over to get mine, so it didn't fall. I pulled up a spare chair and sat down to eat.

I have to admit, it was good. I enjoyed the almost melted cabage over the toasty fruit. Rainbow talked about what her boss had told her and that on Friday she was heading out with her team to go to the bar so she would be home late. Fluttershy then mentioned about the game night story. "Oh! Great story! So a long time ago, before we were married, I had been staying out all night, drinking with the wonderbolts and comeing home drunk. Now I wasn't sad or anything, neither did I want to drink, but Spitfire would already have beers waiting for us and everything, so I had to take the invitation. Well at about midnight I was deployed for a 3 week long trip to the country of the griffians! It was mainly to help them with their economy and friendship and blablabla, but on wedsday night, I came home, and she didn't know it."

"You forgot to mention the fact you came home early dear." Fluttershy stated plainly. "Well the house didn't feel right with out her, and Angle was out doing what he does, and I was alone. So I took out a board game-"

"It was Sorry. She took out Sorry. I could tell from the stove she hadn't eaten in quite a while. Maybe a day or two. So I ran over to Spitfire's place and had her cook up a Fruit Casserole. While she cooked, I ran out and bought cream filled carrots and flowers. So I get there, and I have all this food in one hoof and flowers in the other, so I have to knock with my head!" As she said that she started to act like she was knocking on the door with her head. This made me giggle so much She had to pause the story for me to calm down. "When she opened the door, the first thing she did was smack me. Then she kissed me. So we sat, ate, and played a bunch of games. I stopped going to the bar every night, Fluttershy started cooking more, and we said 'I love you' for the first time that night."

Fluttershy took Rainbow's hoof in hers and finished with, "And from then on this has been a tradition on wedsday nights."

"Wow... " I was amazed by the story. They really were made for eachother. "So... am I-"

"Yes, dear," Fluttershy smiled, "you may play some games with us tonight. But please don't stay up too late, you still have school tomorrow." I nodded excitedly and bounced a bit. Fluttershy then began, "So, Rainy dear, Scootaloo had a falling out today."

"You didn't hurt any one? Right?" Rainbow seemed to be suspicious from yesterday.

"Nono... nothing like that. It's just... Tia said-"

Dash inturrupted me, questioning, "Tia? Like Diamond Tiara?"

"She isn't all bad," I started, "it's just sometimes she feels she needs to look better than every one because of her family."

"Sounds like she just needs a friend," Rainbow said, continuing to eat. I laughed and thought back to Bill. That night was full of games and laughter. We played Sorry, Trouble, Monopoly, and finished with a movie. The movie was some romantic comedy that almost made me barf with ooshy gooshy stuff, but I had never seen Rainbow happier. After the movie I handed them Back their supplies and headed to my Rock. I cuddled my new blanket and wrapped it around me like a scarf. This had turned into a good day.






As I got close to my rock, day had turned to night and it became hard to see. I saw a small figure waiting for me, they seemed to be doing their best not to fall asleep. As I got even closer, I saw it was Diamond Tiara, holding her bear and leaning up against my rock. when I knew it was her I was filled with a mixture of happyness and dread. She looked up and saw me, then looked down sheepishly and sniffled. I could tell she was emotional, and that she had been crying for a long time. Her bloodshot eyes glowed in the dark and she chased after me, starting to tear back up.

"Scootaloo!" She wrapped her arms around me, and I did the same.

"What are you doing out here Tia, you must be freezing!" I wrapped my blanket around her and broke off the hug. She started to cry again, this time because she was tired. I felt bad.

"I love your rock!" She tried speaking between Crys, "It's the best rock in equestria! And I'm dumb! And stupid!"

"Is this you apoligzing?"

"No, no." She sniffled and wiped her eyes. "I don't apoligise. That's not what I do, but... I regret everything I said... I was wrong and-"

I hugged her again. " I forgive you. Come on, you need some rest." I brought her back to my rock, where I wrapped her in my blanket and gave her the bear as a pillow. I wrapped my hooves around her and looked at the full moon. It was truely beautiful that night. Almost as beautiful as its filly in my hoovs... almost.

Author's Note:

We got a little romance going on between fillies! No, they arn't going to do the sex. That's parafillia a that is bad. But I'm pretty sure Rainbow Dash got Laid that night. Speaking of witch, why she is called Rainbow instead of Dash is because her and Fluttershy share last names now. So Dash could be either of them. Any way, hope you enjoyed!