• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 559 Views, 23 Comments

Kesho Saga - ScapeDragon



The son of Sombra has finally obtained his powers, and it's up to the readers to see how he will use them.

  • ...
3
 23
 559

V: The Attack

To think that just a few days ago, I was back at the Crystal Empire, living life as I always did. Would just wake up and get ready for work, go to work, come back home, and do whatever I want. Which was usually nothing. But in just a couple of days, things are already changing so much.

These crystal powers have changed my life completely, throwing my life off its usual course. Causing me to attack my home, run away into the unknown, and question my very existence. I never expected something like this to happen to me. I never expected myself to be the son of the tyrannical ruler, King Sombra.

Thankfully, I did get some help from the Princess of the Night Luna with my current situation. She wanted me to find and talk to Princess Twilight Sparkle. Unfortunately by the time I got there, she wasn’t home. She was at the Crystal Empire checking on the damage I caused, and on the brother that I hurt.

Was it a smart idea to still try and talk to her? I’m not sure. Perhaps it was, because there was someone who might be able to talk to her. The pegasus mare who let me stay with her for the night. I was a bit skeptical about staying with her. But she insisted……and I really didn’t want to sleep outside again.

It was quite odd being her guest, mostly because I’ve never been one before. She was willing to make me dinner and offer me a bed. The dinner made me feel bad enough so there was no way I was taking her bed from her. I insisted that I sleep on the couch and thankfully she didn’t fight me too hard on that. It felt so weird being treated this way…..I didn’t know whether to like it or not.

Should I? I mean her pet rabbit seemed really upset with how Fluttershy was with me. The little guy even tried to lock me out of the house. Then again, maybe it wasn’t the smartest choice to believe that there was a pony trapped in a well somewhere. Okay that mistake is on me.

But enough about that experience, right now I had something important to do.

Fluttershy and I were trotting into town heading for Twilight’s castle ready to discuss important matters. Though the whole time, I was very nervous about it. I had no clue on what I was going to say to Twilight, or what to even ask her? Would she really know something about me? Maybe she could help me get rid of these powers before something even worse happens?! That would be amazing!

“Kesho?” Fluttershy tapped my shoulder gently to make me leave my trance. I was so busy thinking about these questions that I didn’t notice how odd I’ve must’ve looked. I felt my mouth was slightly open, making a smile and I was just staring straight. “Are you okay? You’ve been acting strange.”

I was confused. “Huh? What do you mean?”

“Well, during the walk you looked really scared. I can see the sweat that was coming down the side of your head. Then you began to smile, but it sort of….kind of….um…looked unnatural?”

I blushed a bit embarrassed. Must’ve not realized my facial expressions during the walk. I really was thinking off the distance unaware of even myself.

Fluttershy must’ve noticed my embarrassed state because she began to apologize quickly. “Oh sorry! Did that sound mean? I didn’t mean to sound mean. Maybe I just thought that because I um only saw the side of your face. It probably looks nicer in the front.”

Her apologizing needed to stop. “Fluttershy wait. I wasn’t offended or anything really. I probably did look quite odd. It’s just….” I rubbed the back of my head. “I’m just nervous about talking to Princess Twilight.”

Now she was the one confused. “But you talk to Princess Luna right?”

“Huh?” Oh right! I um, have a message for Twilight from……Princess Luna……..damn it. “Well it’s different talking to er, another princess. I mean I know Princess Luna for a while now, but this is the first time meeting Princess Twilight Sparkle. I’m really nervous.”

Fluttershy just smiled softly at my response. “Don’t worry Kesho. Twilight is a really nice pony. You don’t have to be so nervous about meeting her.” She gave me an assuring smile which did make me feel a little easy about this. Maybe things would’ve worked out better if the circumstances were different, but unfortunately with the things I did, she may not be too happy with me….

As we got closer to the town, the two of us noticed something different about it. Even I knew that this was definitely out of the ordinary. Large purple crystal walls surrounded the whole town trapping anypony who was inside.

Fluttershy and I looked at the setting in horror. Okay, there was no way that I could’ve caused something like this! Right? Fluttershy would’ve said something, she would’ve been terrified of me if she saw me leave and cause this? R-Right?

We could hear the ponies in the town screaming in terror making both of us tremble. Clearly something in there was terrorizing them, and we had to find out what!

I quickly rushed away with Fluttershy trying to stop me. “Wait Kesho,” she called out to me. “This might be dangerous!”

“Fluttershy,” I started as I reached the wall, “we have to help them!” She may not know it, but I can help them. If I can just regain some control on these powers, maybe I can get rid of these crystals. I began to focus on the wall, trying to create some kind of dent or hole big enough for me to get through. But nothing was happening. “Damnit!”

“Kesho!” Fluttershy called out to me from above. “I’m going to try to find my friends! Stay here!” She tried to fly over the wall thinking she could. However as soon as she tried to cross over, sparks of purple magic came from the crystals and zapped at Fluttershy causing her to yelp in pain.

“Fluttershy!” I called out as the magic sparks pushed her away and caused her to fall back down to the ground on my side. I acted quick and ran under her to catch her before she hit the ground. A quick grunt left me as I caught her in my hooves, panicking. “Fluttershy! Are you okay?”

She rubbed her head and opened her eyes a bit. “Ow,” she commented, “that really hurt.” I was too focused on trying to figure out a way to get through this wall that I didn’t comment on how quickly she blushed and flew out of my hooves.

“We need to find another way in,” I said.

“But there doesn’t seem to be a way,” Fluttershy said back. “Unless there’s a secret entrance somewhere we can use.”

To go around the wall to spot one would take too long. By then who knows how much damage would be done to the town, or its townsponies. The only way we can get in quickly is if I can just make our own kind of doorway in. But doing so, Fluttershy would surely realize that there’s something more to me than just some guard pony.

…Damnit, I have to do it.

I closed my eyes and began to focus on bringing down just a part of the crystal wall down. Not sure what Fluttershy was doing since I was too focused on doing this to notice her. The image of the crystals slowly sinking back into the ground was the only thing on my mind. As they descended down, I could feel this sense of hope inside me. The kind that tells me I’m doing it, and doing it right.

“Kesho! There’s a spot we can go through!”

I quickly snapped out of my focus hearing Fluttershy and the first thing I saw was just the same crystal wall as before. Confused, I quickly turned left and right to figure out where Fluttershy’s voice came from.

“Over here,” she called out to me from my right. I quickly rushed over and saw that the crystal wall did indeed sink back into the ground giving us the entrance we needed to enter Ponyville. It worked, just not perfectly like I had envisioned. Thinking this was only for a limited time, the two of us went through the entrance with a fast leap and with perfect timing too. Once we landed inside, the crystals immediately shot back up back into their fence position. The two of us looked back feeling a bit queasy seeing how close we were to getting skewered.

“Good,” I panted. “We’re in.”

Fluttershy and I looked around to see that the town was in a panic. The ponies were running off in different directions screaming and trying to get away from something. The two of us tried to stop someone to figure out just what was going on. Unfortunately nopony had the time to do it. Instead, we just ran along with another pony and tried to talk to them.

“Hey!” I spoke up running alongside another pony. “What’s going on? What’s with the crystals? Why is everyone in a frenzy?”

The pony looked a tad annoyed at me trying to talk to him, but he still answered: “Crystal monsters! Crystal monsters are attacking! Run! Run!” He gained speed as he ran on ahead. I stopped along with Fluttershy as she heard what he said as well.

She just looked at me confused and a little scared: “Crystal monsters?! Is that what he said?!”

I nodded my head. “Yeah. He did. Guess that would explain the crystal wall around the town.”

Suddenly, we saw something come into view from behind a building. It almost looked like a pony, but it wasn’t. I mean its body was in the shape of one, but it looked so jagged and shiny. It appears to be completely orange and had glowing red eyes. When he spotted us from the corner of his eye, he began to run towards us like a madpony.

Fluttershy pointed out that the creature was coming right towards us. I quickly told her to get behind me, but to be honest….I wasn’t entirely sure how I was going to fend off this thing. I prepared myself for pain until something tackled the side of the crystal creature. It appeared to be a large cart that rammed into the creature only it didn’t roll towards it, more along the line of soared into it. The cart slipped off of him as the crystal creature was nailed into a building. Pieces of crystals slowly began to drop off of its body.

“Whoa,” the word just walked out of my mouth from the surprise attack. I turned to the direction of where the blast came from and saw Starlight standing there with her horn glowing. She looked at us relieved.

“Oh thank goodness you two are alright,” she said running over to us and hugging Fluttershy.

“Starlight,” Fluttershy began hugging back, “what’s going on? Everyone is in such a panic!”

“Fluttershy, to be honest, I’m not sure what’s going on either. These fake crystal ponies began terrorizing everyone and when I ran out to check on what’s going on, I noticed the huge wall surrounding the entire town. Nopony can get in or out!” A thought suddenly came to her. “Hey wait, how did you two get in here?”

“There was an opening we could go through,” Fluttershy answered. “I was hoping we could still use it to evacuate everypony, but it sealed back up after we went through.”

“Hmm,” Starlight began to ponder. “That does seem a tad odd.” I looked a little nervous seeing how much thought Starlight was putting into the idea.

Just then, a swarm of purple crystal hooves popped out from under the ground grabbing onto us. The three of us were completely caught off guard letting out a gasp of panic. We tried to shake them off and ripped their grip off of us, but then more of them came at us from behind some of the buildings as if drawn to us.

I panicked and tried to activate my powers to attack the oncoming bad guys. I didn't care about keeping my identity a secret seeing how close we are to big trouble. I tried to close my eyes and focus on summoning some kind of crystal attack, but I guess I was panicking too much to make anything happen.

Fluttershy quickly turned to Starlight and told her: “Quick! Zap them away!”

Starlight grunted still trying to get out of their hold. “I can’t hit them with magic,” she stated. “Their crystal bodies only absorb the attacks! That’s why I hit that last one with a cart!”

“Then get another cart,” I yelled back panicking.

“Do you see one around” Starlight asked clearly annoyed. “I still have one idea though! The only choice we have right now!” Her horn began to glow bright and I could feel a tingly sensation. However the spell was halted by someone blasting Starlight’s horn with magic causing her to cry out in pain.

Fluttershy and I called out to her seeing the attack and looked ahead to see who was responsible for it. Walking towards us was a tall slender yellow unicorn mare wearing a fur cape and orange armored chest plates and shoulder pads. Her short black mane was swished to the front surrounding what appeared to be a horn made completely out of a purple crystal.

She gave the three of us a smug smirk. “Now now now Miss Glimmer,” she started. “We can’t have you and your friends teleporting away so easily seeing how much of a pain you’re causing my pawns.”

The orange crystal ponies finally reached us and held us down forcing us to bow to this mysterious mare. She looked pleased seeing us in such a position. Starlight began to regain focus looking up at her with a face of anger.

“Who are you,” she asked.

The mare kept her dark smile looking at Starlight. “My name is Glare Steel,” she answered. “It’s a pleasure to meet you in the flesh Starlight Glimmer.” She then turned to Fluttershy. “And of course the most popular Element of Kindness Fluttershy.” She then swatted her hoof at me. “And some guy.” I just frowned hearing that. She didn’t even look in my direction.

“I’m actually quite glad that I was able to run into the two of you,” she perked up. “Maybe you can help me out!”

Starlight was confused. “Help you out? For what?”

“Why to find the pony I’m looking for of course! Very popular as of late. Heard he caused quite a lot of destruction at the Crystal Empire and I just had to meet him! You may know him as the son of King Sombra himself.”

The girls were surprised hearing that come up. I did the same so I didn’t look so suspicious.

Fluttershy asked: “What do you want with him?”

“Now now Missy,” she booped Fluttershy’s nose. “Curiosity skinned the pegasus.”

Starlight growled: “Don’t touch her!”

Glare looked at Starlight annoyed. “Don’t worry,” she focused her attention on Starlight being up close to her face. “I won’t hurt a hair on anypony’s manes anymore so long as you just tell me where you’re hiding Sombra’s kid.”

“What makes you think he’s hiding here,” Starlight countered.

“Don’t give me that crap!” Glare snapped pulling Starlight by her mane causing her to grunt in pain. “I know he’s here. Someone like that is bound to end up in your girls’ hooves. A kid like him is right up your alley! After all, it’s like your job to reform monsters right? You know first hoof don’t you Starlight?” She smirked winking at Starlight.

This just got Starlight more upset. “He’s not here. You’re just wasting your time.”

“Is that so?” Glare’s horn began to glow. “Well then I hope you don’t mind if I keep tearing this town apart to see if you’re telling the truth.”

“I’m not going to let you,” Starlight yelled at her trying to get up only for the crystalized ponies to bring her back down.

“I know you’ll try you very powerful unicorn you. So I need you out of commission for a while.” Small black rocks surrounded her glowing crystal horn as she leaned it towards Starlight’s horn. Starlight tried to struggle out of the grasp of the crystalized ponies but she couldn’t get out. One of the crystalized ponies held her head still so that both her and Glare’s horns were almost touching.

“Please don’t do this,” Fluttershy called out.

“As much as I love hearing someone weak beg,” Glare sighed. “This has to be done.”

No! I can’t let this happen! If that spell is what I think it is, then Starlight is going to suffer the same fate as Shining Armor! I have to stop this!







INSULT HER: I can’t let Starlight get hit with something like that! I need to move Glare’s focus to me!

ATTACK HER: She’ll never see it coming. One crystal rising up from under her and boom! She’s finished.