• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 554 Views, 23 Comments

Kesho Saga - ScapeDragon



The son of Sombra has finally obtained his powers, and it's up to the readers to see how he will use them.

  • ...
3
 23
 554

II: The Escape

Author's Note:

Special thanks to Glitchsans, FDGamerml, and Sindorei for being the first to participate in helping Kesho on what to do next! This next chapter is thanks to you!

It took me a while to get my thoughts straightened out. After all, so much has happened in what was supposed to be just a normal day living in the Crystal Empire. What was once a day of me going to work and heading home due to a headache, is now a full-on invasion caused by none other than the only standout from the Empire. Me.

And now, Shining Armor and his royal guards are here to save the day by putting me in jail. Probably to rot so that no more dangers can threaten their homes and loved ones.

Like I’m going to let that happen.

I took one look at him, looking clearly upset. He was awaiting to see if I was going to say something.

“Screw…. you.” I told him in a very dark tone. Shining Armor was quite surprised to see such a response come from me, especially with how I was just seconds ago. But could you blame me? I was extremely upset. And now I finally got the guts to say what I really meant.

I wasn’t the reason for any of this happening. For all we know, somepony could’ve cursed me or something or is framing me. That could be likely since I’m such an outcast here. But they didn’t want to hear it. They’re all too busy panicking to even give me my chance to say something. Thinking that putting me away will make all the bad stuff go bye-bye.

Shining Armor just frowned hearing me say that and sighed defeated. Then motioned for his guards to come and get me. Of course, I wasn’t gonna have any of that.

“Back off!” I yelled in fury. As I should’ve known, whatever power I had, it reacted to my rage. Large black crystals surrounded me as they popped out of the ground. The crystals shoved the guards away sending them flying back or even just tumbling back. A hoofful of them were freaking out over what they just saw, now afraid that my powers were being unleashed again.

But being a leader, Shining Armor was only surprised for a second before regaining his cool. He ordered his guards to take me. By force.
I quickly got up from the ground and dashed out of that scene, going in the only opening the guards left in their formation after that attack.

“After him!” I heard Shining Armor yell as the guards quickly regrouped and chased after me.

We ran back down the streets I just walked down. They tried blasting me with their magic, but they kept missing. I wanted to lose them so I kept thinking about more crystals popping up and getting in their way. And wouldn’t you know it, it actually worked. I looked back and saw crystals popping up as the guards just ran into them with a loud slam. Another wall was made only this one covered the whole road blocking the rest of the guards from reaching me. It was assuring to know that this power had my back.

Whatever this power was, it was also gonna help me get out of here. I needed to find the best way out of the Empire in general. No doubt even if I lose the guards, I’ll be a wanted stallion here. So the best thing to do is to get the first train ride to somewhere that’s not here.

My first thought of spotting the train station was to get on a roof and scope it out. And as soon as that popped in my head, I saw myself leap into the air by some strong force. I panicked for obvious reasons and soon felt that I was back on a floor. I say “a floor” because it wasn’t the ground. It was on a building. No doubt this came as a huge surprise to me, causing me to panic more. I thought maybe I just learned flight. But when I looked back at where I was just at on the ground, there’s a crystal about my height from where I was standing. It looks like it gave me a lift. A big one at that.

When the guards caught up, I quickly hid behind a barrier on the roof. I could hear those loud grunts giving orders and directions and running off. They might’ve known I was just there since the crystal that boosted me up was still on the ground. But I doubt they know what it was used for.

After that, I looked to see if I could spot the train station and saw it not far off. And it looks like despite all that happened, it’s still running. In fact, there’s an entire section of the Empire over there that looks like not a single crystal hit it. Even a few Crystal Ponies are still acting casual. Good to know that not everything here got hit by the accident.

Using my new crystal leaps, I should be able to get there faster. Maybe even get there without being spotted by the guards. I got myself ready for another big assisted leap as I quickly thought up the move and leapt off the roof. Only for the stupid crystal to not pop out.

I immediately noticed how fast I was falling and yelped in terror as I plopped onto the ground hard. To be honest, I was expecting myself to be dead or horribly injured. But the fall didn’t really hurt as much as I would think. Yeah, it hurt still. But not enough to stop me from reaching the train station. I quickly stood back up feeling a bit woozy but quickly shook it off. There was the still the matter of getting out of here.

Not sure why that time my crystal powers didn’t work. They were fine a while ago when they got me away from all those guards. And I was really trying this time too. Which kind of sucks even more.

No doubt sooner or later some guards are gonna start showing up here. I needed to find some way to cloak myself from them. Some kind of disguise….. Unfortunately, there wasn’t anything good near me, so I had to settle with a large newspaper I found on top of a garbage can. I kept it with me unfolded for now, ready to pull it out and pretend to read in case any guards showed up.

As hard as I may try to not attract any attention, being the only standout in this place makes that pretty difficult. Everypony is bound to pass a glare at me at some point. Even if it’s for just a split second. When I started seeing more Crystal Ponies, I got more worried about attracting attention. And I’m sure word got around about me being the prime suspect for the attack. No doubt that I’m gonna get caught at some point if I don’t hurry.

I opened the newspaper up and tried to act casual by walking and reading it at the same time. But I think ponies know that I’m faking because there was a huge coffee stain on a section of it. And it was noticeable on both sides. A little grossed out, I threw the paper aside and just continued walking.

The train station was in my view from down the street and I could easily make it if I hurry. Unfortunately, it was too late as the train was beginning to deport. I tried to speed up so that I can get some chance at catching it before it was too late.

Sadly, I already was.

Before I knew it I bumped into something like an invisible wall during my walk. I backed up from it obviously startled as I saw Shining Armor and two guards slowly walk towards me from behind. Shining Armor’s horn was glowing showing that he was the one who made the invisible wall. No doubt one of his famous magical shields.

He looked at me upset. “Kesho,” he yelled at me. We can’t allow you to cause any more panic than you’ve already have. You need to be placed under arrest!”

I couldn’t believe he was so eager to try and capture me. All I wanted to do was go home and get some sleep, but instead I get chased across the Crystal Empire by some relentless guards. That’s how I wanted to spend my Tuesday.

The three royal guards slowly walked towards me. The two non-important ones got ready to try and capture me while Shining Armor kept the shield up to prevent me from running away. There had to be something I could do in order to escape this situation. I just need to find some way to pass this shield. And the only way to do that, is to get rid of Shining Armor’s magic.

When that thought popped up in my head, my horn began to glow. The guards took notice and panicked a bit backing up. Shining Armor grew more upset seeing it and his horn grew brighter. I looked behind me for a second and saw the shield becoming more visible. It also became not a wall anymore, but a sphere. With me in the core of it. There was no time. I had to act fast.

My horn sparked black bolts as Shining got ready for the attack. His shield closed in on me giving me no chance of moving, but I didn’t need to. The magic from my horn shot out and broke the shield as if it was a glass window and my blast was a baseball. Both me and Shining Armor were shocked by this and he was too stunned to dodge the blast from hitting him right on his horn. He yelped in pain and fell back with his two guards panicking and calling out to him. They lost focus on me and rushed to him to see if he was okay.

With Shining Armor taken out, the shield went away and it gave me freedom to move again. The last thing I saw before running off were those black static making baby crystals that seemed to have attached themselves to his horn. I honestly wasn’t trying to kill him. I just wanted him to stop with the spell. So….it could’ve meant that I wanted to….no! I can’t think like that what the heck?!

It was obvious however that the small amount of Crystal Ponies around us did see what just occurred on the roads as they began to run away from me. Even as I headed to the train station, their screams kept ringing in my ears. When I got near my destination the train was slowly taking off. So I had to ride it the only other way.

I ran beside the train trying to figure out how I did that Crystal leap from before. The train was picking up speed with me looking like an idiot jumping repeatedly during the chase. I was running out of train to catch up to as we headed out of the Empire and into the cold. The cold breeze of the outside hit me like a hoof sandwich. Though despite it being much colder out here than in the Empire, my body took it like it was just a casual breeze.

There were only a couple carts left and I had to get on now! I yelled in frustration trying my hardest to do that leap again. And it worked. A crystal popped up below me pushing me up high in the air. This was the only chance I would get of escaping as I quickly cling on to the side of the train scrambling to climb up. With all my might, I pulled myself up onto the train with a loud groan.

I lied on my back panting from all that just happened. It felt so good to finally have some time to relax. Granted, it was on the roof of a moving train but right now I’m really not in the mood to be picky.

How could I do something like that? I just terrorized a bunch of crystal ponies and attacked the royal guards. Not to mention, I was probably responsible for damaging a large part of the empire….. And I seriously hurt Shining Armor….the princess’s husband……

What am I?

Am I some kind of monster? And what was with all the crystals and growing a horn. Is there something about myself that I’m missing……. There’s just…..no way this is real. But seeing where I was now….yeah, it’s real alright.

A thought popped up in my head as the train left the snowy region of Equestria. No doubt the guards saw me escape on this train. They might be waiting for me at the next train station. If I wanted to keep up with how well this is going, I needed to get off this train. Of course leaping off the top of a moving train is more scary than anypony would think. I stood up trying to keep my balance as I waited for something soft to land on. We were passing near a forest and I saw some trees and bushes that I could jump on or land on.

My pep talks to myself were…kind of helping. I knew I could do it if I just timed it right. As a nearby tree was coming by, I got ready to leap. With one final “you can do it” to myself, I leapt at it and stretched out trying to grab onto it. Unfortunately my timing wasn’t as great as I originally thought. I missed it by a lot and fell to the ground rolling and making all sorts of thud sounds.

The rolling stopped finally and I could easily say that that hurt like crazy. I tried to stand up feeling the pain in my gut and chest. Thankfully, I didn’t feel anything broken so it wasn’t as bad I originally thought.

I slowly walked away from the train tracks and headed into the woods trying to find a place to rest for now. I’ve never actually been in the woods before so I didn’t know exactly what to expect. There were more animals around than I expected and the sounds a couple of them made did kind of make me nervous. All I wanted now was to find somewhere I can maybe sleep for the night.

Not sure if the woods were a good place to sleep in. I think the animals might think otherwise of an unwanted visitor. I quickly left the area before anything threatening would show up. But I still needed a place to rest for the night. Some kind of shelter. Preferably one with a bed. But could I find one here?

Apparently, yeah.

There was a cottage up ahead. One that looks well designed. The front yard of it was even made well. It had a little river and a small bridge going over it. I was surprised to even see something like this here. No doubt fate was smiling down upon me.

But why would I think that? Obviously someone lived here. One of the windows had a light on. Trying to avoid detection, I stealthily approached the window and saw inside a yellow Pegasus mare making dinner. So much for a free place to sleep in.

But then again…maybe if I could just explain my situation to her, she’ll let me stay for just a night. I just wanted a good rest. And I was desperate to try anything. So why not try the whole asking to stay? I approached the door and gently knocked on it clearly showing how nervous I was about this plan.

The mare opened the door slowly, with a gentle smile on her face. That immediately went away when she saw me. Before I could say what I wanted to, she let out a loud squeal and shut the door on me. I was too stunned to say anything. I know I look a little scary but is that really a good reason to shut the door on me like that. Didn’t even give me a chance to say something. Talk about rude…

I sighed from what just happened feeling slightly depressed from it. Looks like I have to think of something else…..


CAMP IN THE WOODS: Looks like I’ll have to rough it up in the woods. I really hope I don’t get mauled by a bear in my sleep.


AGGRESSIVE APPROACH: I’m gonna sleep in that cottage. Even if I have to approach her in a less….nice manner.