• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 354 Views, 3 Comments

One spark leads to Seven friends - Kegeto



Shadow Light haven't had the best of his life. Till Seven friends entered his life.

  • ...
 3
 354

The Sunset and the Memories of the past


I heard a voice speak speak to me while I was reading my book. "Shadow Light? Did you listen to what I said?"

I looked up to see my Sister in her summer dress with white and blue coloring. "No, I didn't - what did you say?" I asked her as I closed my book. I got up from the beach and dusted the sand off my shorts.

"I said, can we go get some ice cream?" I heard her ask. I looked at her and smirked.

"Sure ,little Sky," I grabbed her hand as I stared at her face. She was puffing her cheeks in anger.

"Big brother, don't call me that! I am ten years old!" I heard Sky say. I snickered under my breath.

"Okay, Sky, I won't say that anymore. What kind of ice cream do you want?" I asked her as I grabbed our bag.

"I want a super omega sundae!" Sky shouted as she skipped to the stairs that lead to the boardwalk. I grinned at her as I watched her skipping.

"Of course anything for you...." I start to think about the treatment she been going through for the last two weeks since she diagnosed with cancer. I couldn't help the sadness that washed over me. I had to keep a straight face on as I shook the feelings away.

"Brother! Aren't you coming?" I nodded and followed her to the Pinkey Ice cream parlor. I watched my sister run into the building. That’s when I stared at a girl around my age with red hair and blonde streaks through it. With a blue and pink shirt on and a white apron. I shook my head and followed my sister.

"I want the Pinkie ’s super delicious omega ice-cream," I heard her say. I grinned at her excitement. I pulled my wallet out.

"I would like to have Pinky's super delicious omega ice cream, and I will have the hot fudge sundae chocolate flavor," I told the girl in front of me. Now that I was face-to-face with her, I noticed she had blue eyes and orange skin.

"That will be all sir?" I heard her ask me. I nodded my head in response. She started to press a few buttons on the register.

"That will be twenty dollars," I heard her say, and I gave her thirty dollars. I waited for her to get the ice cream. I watched my sister grabbing us a seat.


"So, um this is the second time I saw you here. I will give your change in a bit," I heard the girl speak to me. I looked up at the girl and smiled.

"I blame my sister,” I jokingly at her. I heard a small giggle as I watched the bowl being covered with different flavors of ice cream. I sighed.

"At least she has a big appetite," I nodded at the statement.

"Yeah, she does. My name is Shadow Light. What’s your name?" I asked the girl. She giggled at me.

"Sunset. Sunset Shimmer," Sunset replied. I grinned and watched her finished the order and handed them to my sister and I. Sunset was about to give me the ten back, but I shook my head.

"Keep it. That’s your tip. I will hand you another tip soon after we finish eating," I smirked at Sunset. Her eyes widened.

"Thank you, but I am okay with what you gave me," Sunset replied I chuckled at her and walked carefully over to my sister who was clapping her hands.

"Yay! Food!" Sky shouted and took her sundae and started to eat the ice cream. I watched her eating her ice cream. I turned to the window and stared at the waves.

"Your ice cream is melting," I heard Sky tell me. I nodded and started to eat. As I was eating, I heard my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my bag and saw who it is.

"Ice, what up. I am with Sky right now," I told her while eating my ice cream.

"Oh, Nightstalker we finally got a gig. We are going to Canterlot High! They asked us to perform for the Fall Formal. Isn't it great? The students are paying us," I heard her scream in my ear from being so excited.


"First off, Ice, I haven’t used that nickname since she left me. Secondly, how much did you ask for?" I could see my sister giggling at me, so I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Well, they don't have a lot, they only raised eight-hundred and well..." I heard Ice stop talking. I smiled.

"I will take the two hundred. What song are you going to sing?" I asked her as I kept eating my ice cream. I could see my sister had almost finished her’s and was screaming.

"BRAIN FREEZE!" yelled Sky, as she held her head. I muffled my laughter.

"I was hoping you could sing?" Ice asked I dropped my spoon in shock.

"You know I don't like sing anymore. It reminds me too much of Midnight Moon," I explained as I looked down at my ice cream which was melting. I heard her sigh,

"Shadow Light, you're going to have to get over her," I heard her say as I pinched my nose in annoyance.

"I know, cousin. I'm just not ready yet," I told her as I grabbed the spoon and started to eat. I could feel her eyes glaring at me. "Look, I don't even know what song to sing anyway. And besides, I can just be your guitarist," I explained to her. I heard a long sigh as I grabbed my backpack and pulled out a notepad and pen "So when is the Fall Formal?" I asked Ice as I looked at my schedule.

"Um, I didn't get the date," I heard her say. I let out a soft sigh and thought about it for a few seconds.

"Okay, I will see what I can do. I will start practice again," I explained to Ice as I began to look through my book.

"Anyway I gotta go. My husband just got in from work. Love ya cousin," I heard a click in my ears and sighed. I finished what was left of my ice cream and grabbed my sister who was still licking her bowl. I rolled my eyes and took her stuff and threw both of the bowls in the garbage. I saw Sunset come back from the freezer and shivered.

"At least it’s nice and cool in there, " I jokingly told Sunset This made Sunset giggle and I chuckled at her.

"Yes, it was. Too cold - reminds me of winter," Sunset told me. I felt my heart beat rise. I hoped I was not feeling for someone I didn’t even know.

"I know the feeling. I gotta go I will um see ya next week? Because I know my sister will like some ice cream," I said smiling at Sunset. Her eyes widened and she nodded.

"Sounds like a plan. Bye, Shadow light." Sunset waved at me. I could see Sky waving her hand at Sunset.

"Bye, ice cream lady. I loved the ice cream," I watched her skipping off and sighed.

"She’s adorable," I heard Sunset commenting to my sister. I grabbed my bags.

"When she wants to be. But most of the time yes," I told her as I was making sure I had everything.

"Shadow Light......Why do you look like someone I know?" she asked me. I let out a small chuckle.

"I don't know. But I do say that you look beautiful," I complimented Sunset. She started to blush a bit.

"Thank you, Shadow Light. No one has said that to me for a while," she told me, as my heart began to beat faster.

"Well, I should go. You have a beautiful day, Sunset," I called to her as I ran after my sister.

When we got to the car, I grabbed my keys and unlocked the doors. I saw Sky opening the car door and she sat in the backseat. I saw my phone ringing as I got into the driver’s seat.

"Hi, mom," I answered while I was on the phone as I started up the car. I grabbed my seatbelt and got ready to leave with Sky.

"Hi dear, I was wondering what you two have been up?" she asked me, as I made sure the radio wasn't on.

"We’re just leaving the beach. Sky had a fantastic time out today," I told her as I sat in the car. I could hear her chuckling.

"Good. Your father and I are coming home tomorrow, I want to let you know. We just finished with the dig site. The ruins held a fascinating thing," mom made a stated excitedly. I chuckled at her excitement.

"Good, ’cause we need to discuss a few things when you guys get home," I said, while the car was still in park. I heard her sigh.

" I know dear. I got to go. The rates are ridiculous out of the country. I love you!" My mom hung up the phone and I placed my hands on the wheel of the car and let out a soft sigh.

"Brother, are you okay?" I heard my sister speak up from the back seat. I grinned at her as I put the car in reverse.

"Yeah, kiddo, just tired is all" I replied as we started to back out of the parking lot. I thought about the points my cousin had made. Still, I would keep being the guitarist. As I put the car into drive, I started to press the pedal with my right foot and began to think even more.

"Brother, that lady seemed kind, you should have at least talked to her more," my sister said, interrupting my thoughts. I drove us out of the parking lot and we headed towards our new house.

"I know sis’, it’s just that after what happened to Midnight I am trying to be cautious," I replied to her as we made our way farther into the town. I thought of Sunset’s face and shook my head.

"You looked renewed after you broke up with her, bro’. Look, I love you and I want to see your smile again. I don't mean you spending time with me, I mean for you to find that special someone whether they’re a guy or a girl," I heard my sister say this we stopped at a red light. I looked back at her.

"At times you scare me," I told her as I turned my head around to see the light was green and put my foot on the gas. When we got to the mansion, I let out a small sigh.

"God I feel like that one comic character," I told myself. I saw the gates open for us to go inside as I turned the wheel and started to go into the driveway. I parked the car inside the garage door.

"We are here sis’....." I heard the car door open and saw my sister run into the house. I looked down at my hand and still thought about Midnight.

"Damn it, get the hell out of my head," I yelled at myself. My breathing was a bit heavy as the memories came flooding back, from all time we spent together to the day we had the argument that caused us to break up.

"Okay, Shadow Light, time for you to get inside," I told myself as I got out of the car and headed to the back to grab our bags. I saw our butler coming over and helping out

"Is that all, Shadow Light?" the man asked me. I shook my head up and down to allow him to take the bag from me. We started to head inside to see the nurse giving my sister some treatment that still in the test. I believe it was something about a wasp venom used to counteract the cancer. To be honest I prefer that over Kemo

"And then we had ice cream, and it was so delicious. And brother met a girl and she was gorgeous!" My cheeks started to blaze up upon hearing Sky Cloud speaking about Sunset.

"Oh really? You and Shadow Light had fun at the beach today. Things look like they are in order. You can go do whatever," the nurse told my sister. My sister jumped off the couch and ran upstairs. I sat down where my sister had been sitting.

"You know lying is making it worse, right?" I asked her. The nurse looked up and smiled at me.

"Pot calls kettle black" she responded to my question. I looked at her and sighed.

"Sorry. Just it’s hard to keep my head held high for Sky at times," I said as I turned my head away from her and stared at my hand.

"At least you are here for her," she replied to my statement. I nodded my head.

"Anyway, the cancer has been growing less faster than before. However, it seems it have metastasized, I don't think......" The nurse stopped herself and looked down. I nodded my head softly.

"I know my parents should be home by tomorrow," I told the nurse as I started to head upstairs and to my room. I closed my door and locked it. The tears began to flood from my eyes. I leaned up against the door and slid down with my eyesight blurring from tears. The memories of my ex mixed with those of my sister fighting through cancer. I let out a soft sigh and stared at my closet for a bit as I wiped the tears from my eyes I got on my feet and started to walk towards my closet. Grasping my closet door handle, I twisted the knob and pulled it slowly open to see my guitar case. I pulled it out of the closet and left the door open. I placed it on the bed and began to open it.

"I wish for someone to save my broken heart," I sang a bit as I grabbed my guitar and started tuning it up. I let out a soft sigh. "I wish for a light to guide me from the darkness that covers my thoughts," I sang. This time I saw my pendant glowing a bit. My eyes widened and looked over. I started to walk towards it while still holding my guitar.

"I don't remember you glowing? Wait, why would you be......nevermind," I grabbed my pendant and slowly walked back to my bed. lacing my necklace on the table, I started to play my guitar. "I wish for friends who never leave my side. The love of which they can give me to keep my sanity," I sang. This time the pendant started to glow brighter. I stopped as I looked at the necklace for a few minutes. I felt something wasn't right. I slowly put my pendant around my neck as the light consumed my room.

“Swirl Beard They’re too powerful! They must have absorb a lot when everypony was fighting,” I heard a voice yell. My eyes still squinted from their lack of vision. I tried to fully open them, but the light was overpowering

“We have to keep Serin from taking over Equestria and sucking the energy from the ponies negative energy! Sing more positive songs until I get the spell ready,” another voice shouted, which I assumed was Swirl Beard. I heard a loud “no!” from the three voices as I started to sing a louder - then silence fell. No voices, no sound - just silence. I slowly opened my eyes to see I was back in my room laying down. I placed my right hand on my forehead.

“What a crazy dream,” I told myself, seeing that the necklace was still on my neck. I got up and scanned my surroundings. I could see my computer across the room, my twenty inch plasma tv, the shelf that contained my video games and books, and my closet next to my bed. I let out a soft sigh. I heard knocking on my door.

“Brother? Are you awake? I am getting hungry” I heard Sky’s voice through the wooden door. I stared at the pendant for five minutes.

“Oh alright. I will be down in a few, sorry,” I replied to her question. I slowly got out of bed and started to make my way to the door. I looked at the necklace again for a few seconds. I nodded my head as I took the necklace off and started to make my way downstairs.

Author's Note:

I might change the name yeah "The Sunset and the Memories of the past" is sounding stupid. It sounds like a really bad Harry Potter tittle. sorry everypony

Comments ( 3 )

This is an interesting start to a promising story. I like it so far. However, you kinda spelled Sirens wrong, and "Swirl Beard" should be Starswirl. Just an FYI.

Please do continue this. I look forward to how it'll go.

7868107 omg :facehoof: thank you so much. That has been fix. Thank you again

7868328 You're most welcome.

Login or register to comment