• Published 11th Jan 2017
  • 1,263 Views, 101 Comments

Angels Among Us - Dash32



Applejack and Rainbow Dash are drafted into war. Years later, the war ends in tragedy. How will the Humane 7 cope?

  • ...
7
 101
 1,263

Chapter 2

The next couple hours after their departure was met with silence. Applejack looked over and saw that Rainbow Dash was really tense. Her hands were clasped together tightly, her jaw was clenched and her eyes as wide as saucers. Applejack placed a hand on her shoulder, making her jump at the contact.

“You alright, Dash?” She asked with a concerned look.

Rainbow Dash gave her a weak smile.

“Sure! W-Why wouldn't I be? I mean it's not like we're going into an area that has been marked extremely dangerous, only to put our lives on the line and sacrifice everything we know and love just to fight the people who control the area. Not to mention we might actually die! So yeah! I'm just peachy!” Rainbow Dash said as her voice got higher with every word.

Applejack wrapped her arms around her trembling friend and tried to comfort her.

“It's alright Dash. Ah'm scared too. Ah'd be lyin' if Ah said otherwise. And ya know Ah don't do that. Besides, who says we ain't comin' back at all? Who knows? Maybe you an' Ah will be so good that we can end this war together. Just the two of us.”

Rainbow put on another weak smile. A real one that time.

“Thanks, AJ. Don't know what I'd do without you.”

Applejack smiled back.

“Anytime Sugarcube.”

Admiral Stone walked up and began to give orders.

“Listen up! Over the course of the next sixteen weeks you two will be trained, tested, and beaten! You will be put into situations that test your ability to make judgement calls! You will wake up at 4am every single day and be ready for daily drills by 4:15 not a minute more not a minute less! There will be no whining, no moaning, no groaning, no bitching about the situation and no negotiations! You wake up at 4am, training from 4:15am to 4:15pm, lunch in the mess hall at 4:30pm, then you're free to do anything you wish from then to 8pm! Then it's lights out! You may only leave the base once every three months for two days! Anything past that will be considered insubordination and will be treated as such! Clear?!”

“Yes sir.” Both girls said together.

“I SAID IS THAT CLEAR?!!!”

“YES SIR!!!” They said again.

“Good.”

“Ready to land sir!” The pilot yelled.

“Put 'er down easy Sergeant!”

“Yes sir!”

Once the helicopter landed the loading door opened to reveal a military base. Men and women of every size and shape were scattered all over the base. Tents, Humvee's, choppers, and medical bays were in view. Off in the distance a landing strip could be seen. A series of jets taking off for aerial maneuvers.

“Welcome to Fort Campbell!”

Rainbow Dash gulped and started shaking again. Applejack placed a hand on her shoulder again. Rainbow stopped shaking and smiled. Admiral Stone and the two girls walked up to a woman in uniform. She's was as tall as Rainbow but more built.

“Staff Sergeant Fury.”

Ssgt. Fury stood at attention.

“At ease Staff Sergeant.”

The woman relaxed.

“What can I do for you Admiral?”

“We got two newbies joining us. I need you to show them to the barracks and get them settled in. Got it?”

“Yes sir.”

“Good. Best be getting comfortable girls. This is your new home for the next four years.”

Rainbow didn't like hearing that.

“FOUR YEARS?!!”

“That's right. That's the minimal standard for military service. You both will be assigned a division to join. I can't promise it will be the one you want the most, but regardless, you'll have to get used to it.”

“Staff Sergeant. Girls.” Admiral stone saluted the three.

Ssgt. Fury saluted back.

“Admiral.”

Admiral Stone walked away leaving them alone.

“Let's go newbies. Need to get you settled in before lunchtime.”

“Yes ma'am.” Applejack said.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash followed the woman throughout the base. On the way there, Rainbow Dash could clearly hear some of the people whispering about them.

“I don't like this place already.” She said.

“Don't worry about them. They're all talk and no bite. They try anything with you two, they answer to General Sentry.”

“Okay.”

A few minutes later they entered the barracks.

“This is where you'll be sleeping.”

The place was exactly like you'd expect the barracks to be. After walking through a single door, you found yourself in a really thin room with bunk beds lining both sides of the room. Small dressers in front of the beds.

“Mind showing us the mess hall?” Rainbow asked.

“This way.”

Applejack and Rainbow Dash followed the woman to a large building. Walking through the doors, it was exactly like a mess hall should be. A big empty room with tables neatly aligned through it.

“This is where you will eat lunch once a day everyday.”

“What do they serve here?” Rainbow asked.

“We're still trying to figure it out.” Responded the Staff Sergeant.

“That's reassuring.” Rainbow responded rolling her eyes.

After a silent ten minute walk, the three women arrived at a field with various obstacles scattered about the complex.

“This is where you will train each and everyday. If your muscles ain't burning then you're doing something wrong. You'll be out here before the sun even cracks that sky and you'll go until lunchtime. Got it?”

“Yes ma'am.”

“Good. Now that that's all taken care of I'll let you girls get settled in. Dismissed.”

Ssgt. Fury gave them a dismissing salute before walking away. Applejack and Rainbow Dash responded in unison.

Watching the woman walk away, Rainbow Dash looked at Applejack with displeased eyes.

“I hate it here already.”

“Ah ain't exactly thrilled to be here either Dash. But we might as well get used to it.”

“Great...”