• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 1,655 Views, 143 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 0 - Bahamut0



The story begins again. The universe has been rebooted, and Burst and his friends have a new beginning. And their new adventure starts at their first year of CHS.

  • ...
4
 143
 1,655

Senior Year: Duel 9

"So Burst? You got any plans on entering the school's music showcase?", Sunset asked. "From the time I saw you perform, you were pretty good and gave the crowd a fun time."

"I am. Just need to find some good band members. The song I plan on performing isn't the same without people playing the instruments.", Burst said with a smile. "By the way, how're Rainbow and the others doing? And for that matter, how are you holding up?"

"Rainbow and the others are ready to perform. As for me, things are getting better. Honestly, I'm just glad you and them are friends with me.", Sunset said with a smile. "Oh! And if you're interested in forming a band, why don't you ask Inferno? From what I heard from Rarity he's great at the guitar."

"Thanks! I'll be sure to ask!" And with that, Burst searched for his best friend. As Sunset was walking she saw a guy who seemed to be waiting for her. It was Goldenrise.

"Oh Gold. Nice to see you.", Sunset said. Gold walked towards her.

"So how did you find a way back home?", Gold asked.

"What are you talking about?", Sunset asked.

"You know what I'm talking about. A way back home. To Twilight's world. OUR world." Sunset's mouth dropped.

"You...you're from Equestria too?", Sunset asked. "But how have you been around here so long?"

"I arrived about the same time that you showed up.", Gold replied. "And I got adopted. I just woke up one day and here I was. Back in Equestria I was a phoenix pony. Sadly, my parents passed away and no one would take me in. One night I wished to go someplace new. And as luck would have it, I wound up here. For about a week I drifted about the city. Until my adopted father found me. Pegasus actually found where I came from pretty believable."

"Wait. Pegasus? Maximillion Pegasus? The creator of Duel Monsters. Is your adopted father?", Sunset asked. Gold smiled.

"The one and only. So he took me in and raised me as his son. He even showed up at the tournament sophomore year in disguise. I knew you were from Equestria too when I first saw you. I can sense other beings from our old home. I even saw when you turned into a demon."

"Oh. You saw that too huh?", Sunset asked with a slight frown.

"Yeah. I saw. But I also saw someone who needed friends. Like the ones you have now. In fact, I came to give you something." Gold reached into his pocket and gave Sunset two cards. "A little something to give you a new start and guard you on your way. Since The Supremacy Sun was destroyed, I had my dad get these cards for you. They're much better suited for you and your new beginning." Sunset took the cards. "Meet BLS and Guardian Eatos."

"Thanks Gold.", Sunset said with a smile.

"No problem. By the way, have you seen Burst?"

"He's looking for Inferno Flare. Why?"

"I overheard him talking about forming a band. I thought I'd take up one of the positions.", Gold said.

"Chances are they'll be in the gym preparing with the other students. Wanna keep me company on the way?"

"It'd be my pleasure." The two of them walked over to the gym and saw all the students preparing for their performances. Sure enough, they found Burst and Inferno chatting.

"You bet I'm in!", Inferno said. "Now all we're missing are two spots. Then we've got a band!"

"Maybe I can help out there.", Gold said. "So which spots are taken?"

"Hey, you're Goldenrise.", Inferno said.

"That's me. But call me Gold for short please.", Gold replied.

"Well Burst's our singer, and I'm on guitar. So that only leaves bass and drummer. You got experience with either?"

"I'm pretty good on the bass.", Gold said with a smile. "By the way Burst, nice job with your dueling victories. You and Blue Eyes work really well together. Same for you and Red Eyes, Inferno."

"Thanks Gold. We can't really explain it, but we feel connected to our monsters. Like they're more than just cards.", Burst said. "Like they're alive."

'More than either of you think.', Gold thought. "Same for me and Crimson Dragon." Suddenly, all of the guys dragons seemed to glow.

"Whoa. Did you two see that?", Inferno asked.

"Yeah. I saw. What about you Gold?", Burst said.

"Oh, I've been able to see more than that.", Gold said. "Tell me, can you hear a voice?" Burst and Inferno were confused as to what Gold meant until they heard two voices go off.

"Hello Burst.", a voice said. Burst looked to see Blue Eyes' spirit materialized in front of him. "Nice to meet you in person and off the dueling field."

"Yo Inferno!", Red Eyes said as he materialized. "Good to see you!" Burst and Inferno couldn't believe it!

"Wait...our cards are alive?!", Inferno asked. Gold nodded.

"They are. In fact, the monsters all come from another world. That's where they live.", Gold informed them. "Ready for a reunion Crimson?" Crimson Dragon's spirit then materialized.

"Hey bro! Nice to see you again!", Crimson greeted.

"Heh. Look who finally made it to the party!", Blue Eyes said as he fist-bumped Crimson.

"This is incredible.", Burst said. "But how come we can hear and see them?"

"Because we chose you as our partners.", Blue Eyes answered. "And more than that, you two have proven to be good friends. You treat every card in your decks like a treasure. We couldn't ask for better duelists. Better friends."

"Blue Eyes. We have a LOT of hanging out to do.", Burst said.

"Sadly that won't be possible. Our world and the monsters' are separated. Blue Eyes can only materialize in spirit." Burst, Inferno, Blue Eyes and Red Eyes gave an instant bummer face at hearing this.

"Regardless, this is still awesome!", Burst said as the dragons faded back into their cards. "Anyway, welcome to the band Inferno!"

"So what're we calling ourselves?", Gold asked.

"How about... Heart of the Cards?", Inferno suggested.

"...Perfect!", Burst said. Just then, the Dazzlings showed up and started singing. Soon, all the other students, save for Burst and his friends, were arguing with each other! "What's going on?" The group then noticed the glow of magic coming from the Dazzlings' necklaces, but even stranger they noticed three students unaffected by their singing. And for that matter, why weren't they going crazy? "We'd better see if Sunset's got any clues to this..." The group then met up and began to leave, but Ice, Fang and Veenus noticed them leaving. And they then decided to tail them. Meanwhile, Sunset was explaining just what they were up against. "So you're saying those three girls came from Equestria, and they used to be sirens who feed off of aggression and the adoration of those under their spell?", Burst asked. Sunset nodded.

"We'll need Princess Twilight's help with this one." Sunset then pulled out an old journal. "Princess Celestia gave me this journal to keep in touch with her. With any luck, she'll get my message."

"Wait, what's this about Sonata and her sisters being sirens?", Ace asked. The whole group turned and saw Ace, Fang, and Veenus standing in the doorway. Sunset sighed as she explained the story to them.

"And since we're on the subject, why aren't you affected from their singing?", Sunset asked.

"Well I went on a date with Sonata, and I got her to open up to me a bit.", Ace said. "I literally bumped into her. And from then, I've kind of fallen for her. But when she was singing, I couldn't feel any sort of crazy adoration for her. I felt...love."

"Same for me but with Adagio.", Veenus added.

"In my case the girl would be Aria.", Fang said. "Each of us got to know one of them or spent time with them that let them open up to us. Maybe that's why we weren't affected."

"Interesting...", Sunset said. She then turned her attention to Burst, Inferno, and Gold. "So why weren't you guys affected?"

"We were protected by the bonds with our monster partners.", Gold said. "And you six were probably protected by the magic inside you. Although your monster partners may be enhancing that protection." The girls were confused at what Gold was talking about when the spirits of their monster partners materialized.

"It's true Dash. We've been shielding you from their magic too.", Rainbow Dragon said.

"This....is....so....AWESOME!", Rainbow Dash squealed. While the girls were chatting with their newly discovered monster friends, Ace approached Burst, Inferno, and Gold.

"I hear you're looking for band members. Do you still have an empty drummer position?", Ace asked.

"Yeah. But don't you have a thing for one of the sirens?", Burst asked.

"I do! But-!", Ace sighed. "But I can't let her and her sisters take our world over. And at the same time I don't want to hurt her." Inferno then put his hand on Ace's shoulder.

"Ace. If she loves you like you love her, she'll stay with you even after this whole thing blows over.", Inferno said. Ace gave them a small smile.

"Thanks Inferno. But something tells me were going to have to fight our way through The Battle of the Bands.", Ace mentioned.

"Actually, I was thinking we could convince Principal Celestia to include us as a special end performance. We'd better let Sunset and the others deal with the Dazzlings.", Burst said. The recently formed band headed to the Principal's office and put up their suggestion.

"That sounds like a wonderful way to end this event. You have my approval.", Celestia said with a smile. "Oh, and Burst?"

"Yeah?"

"Rock the dragon!", Celestia said with a wink. Burst smiled as he left.

"Well guys, I gotta get going.", Burst said.

"What's the matter?", Gold asked.

"I promised I'd teach Shining Spoon and his friends I'd teach them how to duel. They're waiting on me!" And with that, Burst left to find Shining Spoon, Bolt Dash, and Bright Star.