• Published 10th Jan 2017
  • 1,658 Views, 143 Comments

Yu-Gi-Oh! Friendship is Dueling 0 - Bahamut0



The story begins again. The universe has been rebooted, and Burst and his friends have a new beginning. And their new adventure starts at their first year of CHS.

  • ...
4
 143
 1,658

Senior Year: Duel 6

Both the guys and girls had gotten ready respectively, and made their way to the Fall Formal that night. Inferno and Steel scoped out Rarity and Rainbow Dash respectively. "Ready for a fun time darling?", Rarity asked as she offered Inferno her hand.

"If it's with you, always.", Inferno said with a smile as he offered her some punch.

"Hope you can bust a move Steel!", Rainbow said.

"As long as I've got the room.", Steel replied with a grin. Burst smiled as he turned his attention to the other girls. In specific, he noticed Twilight was nervous about something.

"Something up Twi?", He asked.

"I don't see Sunset Shimmer anywhere.", Twilight said.

"Hmm. Good reason for concern. I thought for sure she would try something now..." Burst then noticed Flash taking the stage. "Be right back. I've got something to do."

"Yer in for a treat.", Applejack said with a smile. "Burst's quite known for putting on a good performance." Twilight was about to ask, but soon found out as the band began to play and Burst began to sing.

"She says she's no good with words but I'm worse! Barely stuttered out a joke of a romanticalstuck to my tongue! Weighed down with words too overdramatic. Tonight it's: 'It can't get much worse' versus 'No one should ever feel like' I'm two quarters and a heart down, and I don't wanna forget how your voice sounds! These words are all I have so I'll write them! So you need them just to get by! Dance dance! We're falling apart to half time! Dance, dance! And these are the lives, you'd love to lead! Dance! This is the way they'd love! if they knew how misery loved me. (insturmental break) You always fold just, before you're found out. Drink up it's last call last resort! But only my first mistake and I! I'm two quarters and a heart down! And I don't wanna forget how your voice sounds! These words are all I have so I'll write them! So you need them just to get by! Why don't you show me a little bit of spine? You've been saving for his mattress, love. Dance, dance! We're falling apart to half time! Dance, dance! And these are the lives, you'd love to lead! Dance! This is the way they'd love! If they knew how misery loved me. (instrumental break) Why don't you show me a little bit of spine? You've been saving for his mattress. I only want sympathy in the form of you crawling into bed with me. (Instumental break) Dance, dance! We're falling apart to half time! Dance, dance! And these are the lives, you'd love to lead! Dance! This is the way they'd love! Dance! This is the way they'd love! Dance! This is the way they'd love! If they knew how misery loved me! Dance, dance! Dance, dance! Dance, dance! Dance, dance!" The whole crowd cheered as Burst and the band finished up their performance! Burst rejoined his friends and chatted with them. Principal Celestia then took the stage to announce the winner of the crown.

"The princess for this year's Fall Formal is...Twilight Sparkle!" Everyone cheered! Twilight had a big grin on her face as she took the stage and was crowned. However, she noticed Spike being carried off by Snips and Snails! Burst and the others noticed too and rushed after them! Outside, Sunset was waiting with a hammer.

"That's close enough.", Sunset said. Twilight's attention then shifted to Spike.

"Don't hurt him!", Twilight demanded.

"Oh, I wouldn't dream of it. I'm not a monster Twilight. Let him go." Spike was released and he ran into Twilight's arms. "You don't belong here. Give me the crown and you can go back to Equestria, tonight." Sunset then clenched the hand she held out, "Or keep it and never go home!" She raised the hammer and readied herself to smash the portal! "So what's your answer?" Twilight closed her eyes, and then opened them.

"No."

"What!?" Sunset glared at them! "Equestria, all of your friends, lost to you forever! Don't you see what I'm trying to do?!"

"Yes. But I've also seen what you've been able to do here without magic.", Twilight began. "Equestria will find a way to survive my Element of Harmony, this place might not, if I allow it to fall into your hands! Go ahead and smash the portal, you're not getting the crown!"

"Fine. You win.", Sunset growled as she dropped the hammer behind her.

"You...are...so...awesome!", Rainbow Dash said.

"It's no wonder you're a real live princess.", Rarity added.

"Nice job Twilight!", Burst said. As Twilight's friends congratulated her, Sunset bit her lip while holding her arms. Then she finally snapped!

"Oh, yes, she's so very special!", Sunset screamed! Sunset charged at Twilight and pinned her to the ground, knocking the crown off of her head! Twilight tried to grab it, but Sunset pulled her away! Sunset crawled towards the crown, but Inferno got it! Snips and Snails then made a dash at him!

"Rainbow! Catch!", Inferno said as he tossed Rainbow Dash the crown! Rainbow caught it and began running with it!

"Fluttershy!", Rainbow called as she tossed it to Fluttershy! Fluttershy flinched as the crown bounced off her and caught it in midair! Sunset, Snips, Snails, Rainbow, Spike, and Inferno rushed to get her and the crown! Applejack readied her lasso tossed it around Fluttershy! Pulling her out of the way just in time! However, the crown was knocked out of Fluttershy's hands and Snips caught it. Snips panicked while everyone was closing in on him, and failed to notice that Pinkie had sneaked up behind him and took the crown from his hands! Pinkie then gave the crown to Applejack who then tossed it to Rarity, then to Twilight! Burst tried to hold back Snips and Snails, but they got too close and Twilight threw the crown behind her in the hopes one of her friends would catch it! Unfortunately, Sunset Shimmer caught it.

"I'll take that!", Sunset giggled evilly. "At last! More power than I could ever imagine!" Sunset then placed the crown on her head with a triumphant smile. Suddenly, the crown began to glow green and black and rings of dark magic surrounded Sunset! Sunset gripped the sides of the crown with a panicked expression! Then a pillar of dark magic engulfed her and levitated her into the air! Her new form had red skin, claws, a tail. As the light died down, Sunset stood in a new demonic form. "AH HA HA HA HA HA!" She then snapped her fingers and Snips and Snails then turned into demons as well. "I'VE HAD TO JUMP THROUGH SO MANY HOOPS TONIGHT JUST TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS CROWN, AND IT REALLY SHOULD'VE BEEN MINE ALL ALONG! I AM YOUR PRINCESS NOW, AND YOU WILL BE LOYAL TO ME!!!!" Sunset fired a blast of magic that crushed the double doors! She then focused her magic and her eyes then became hypnotic spirals as she gazed at the students. Soon most of the students save for Burst, Twilight and their friends were mindless zombies. "ROUND THEM UP AND BRING THEM TO ME! OH, AND SPOILER ALERT: I WAS BLUFFING WHEN I SAID I WAS GOING TO DESTROY THE PORTAL. I DON'T WANT TO RULE THIS PATHETIC LITTLE HIGH SCHOOL. I WANT EQUESTRIA!"

"You won't get it Sunset!", Burst said as he stood against her. "I didn't stop you before, but now I'm taking a stand!"

"WELL THEN 'HERO'. FACE YOUR DOOM BURST!"

Burst: 4000
Demon Sunset: 4000

"My move! I'll reveal Blue Eyes White Dragon in my hand to special summon Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! I end my turn." 'So Sunset finally shows her true colors. But I can't help but feel sorry for her. There's gotta be some way to get her back to normal! She's out of control! I just hope I can hold her long enough for people to get to safety!'

"I DRAW.", Demon Sunset said. "I SUMMON DOUBLE COSTON! THEN I'LL PLAY CARD ADVANCE! DURING THIS TURN I CAN PULL OFF AN EXTRA NORMAL SUMMON THIS TURN! I TRIBUTE DOUBLE COSTON TO SUMMON THE SUPREMACY SUN! NOW I PLAY RAIGEKI TO DESTROY YOUR MONSTERS! ATTACK HIM DIRECTLY!" Burst was winded as The Supremacy Sun executed a powerful blow to his chest! "HA HA HA! NOW I'LL SET A CARD AND END MY TURN." 'Hmmmm. Why does this feel so familiar? Oh, yes. That tournament Sophomore year.'

Burst: 1000
Demon Sunset: 4000

"Come on! Get up Burst!", Twilight urged.

"Don't give in!", Inferno shouted. Burst slowly got to his feet.

"You know what Sunset? No matter how much power you have you'll always be empty on the inside!", Burst said.

"SAYS THE FOOL FACING ME ALONE.", Demon Sunset said with a smirk.

"Wrong. I'm never alone! Even if they're not right by me, I've always got the people I love!" Burst then drew his next card. "Let me show you just how strong they make me! I play the Melody of Awakening Dragon to add two dragon-type monsters to my hand with 3000 or more attack and 2500 or less defense from my deck to my hand! Next I'll play Return of the Dragon Lords to revive Blue Eyes Alternative White Dragon! Now I'll use his effect to destroy !he Supremacy Sun!" Demon Sunset frowned as he monster was destroyed! "Next I'll play Trade-In to discard a level eight monster to draw two new cards! This is it! I'll play Advanced Ritual Art! I'll send Blue Eyes White Dragon from my deck to the graveyard to ritual summon Blue Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon! Attack her directly!"

"FOOL! I ACTIVATE MY TRAP CARD! MAGIC CYLINDER! THIS TARGETS YOUR MONSTER AND MAKES IT SO YOU TAKE ITS ATTACK POINTS AS DAMAGE!"

"I don't think so! Chaos MAX can't be targeted or destroyed by card effects! End this Blue Eyes! CHAOS NEUTRON BLAST!", Burst cried as Chaos MAX wiped out all of Demon Sunset's life points!

'Blast! Once again I underestimated him once again!' "YOU MAY HAVE WON THE DUEL, BUT I'LL DESTROY YOU NOW!", Demon Sunset howled. "YOU CAN'T HOPE TO WITHSTAND THE POWER OF MY MAGIC!" However, Twilight and the other girls stepped up.

"We've got it from here Burst! Let's show her what real magic is!", Twilight said as she and her friends suddenly sprouted ears and tails! Some of them even had wings!

"Whoa. Why does this look like something from an anime?", Burst asked himself.

"This is the magic of friendship!", Twilight shouted as a rainbow of light hit Sunset! When the light died down, Sunset was back to normal and slowly crawling out of a crater. "Tonight you've shown everyone who you really are." Sunset looked up at Twilight with tears dripping off her face.

"I..I'm sorry.", Sunset wept. "I'm so sorry! I didn't know there was another way!"

"The Magic of Friendship doesn't just exist in Equestria, it's everywhere." Twilight then turned to see Pinkie giving a group hug with the girls, Burst, Inferno, and Steel. "You can seek it out, or you can forever be alone. The choice is yours." Sunset climbed halfway out of the crater.

"But...but all I've ever done since being here is drive everyone apart. I don't know the first thing about friendship."

"I bet they can teach you.", Twilight said with a smile as she grabbed Sunset's hand and pulled her out of the crater. Sunset was put to work fixing some of the damage she had done, and everyone headed home. It was certainly a night none of them would ever forget.

The next day...

Burst and Inferno had just gotten out of their classes and headed for the cafeteria. The whole school was brought together like never before, but they noticed one girl sitting by herself. It was Sunset. They also noticed some of the other students still giving her stares after what had happened last night. 'I can't stand to see her like this. She already got put to work fixing the damage she did. Isn't that enough? She knows she's done wrong. Now more than ever, she needs friends. Good friends who'll be there for her.' Burst sighed as he moved towards her and sat down. 'Might as well be one of the first to try.' Sunset looked up from her tray and saw Burst sitting across from her. "You here to give me your two cents too?", she asked.

"I'm just here because you seemed lonely.", Burst replied.

"Burst I tried to destroy you! I tried to take over the world! How can you forgive me so easily?"

"Because when you first came here, you were all alone. You didn't know anybody. And I was the first person you met. You asked if we could be friends back then. And what friend would I be if I left you alone when you need me most?"

"You...still think we could be friends?", Sunset asked.

"I know so. And I think they know it too.", Burst said with a smile as he motioned to the other girls. Sunset was silent for a moment before she smiled.

"Thank you. All of you.", Sunset said.

Author's Note:

l