• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 594 Views, 3 Comments

The Equestrian Mafia - TheEveryDaySparkle



Even the most peaceful of worlds has it's dark side. Enter and see, if you dare.

  • ...
3
 3
 594

Prologue- A Plan For Peace.

A figure stood shadowed by the night sky, the only light present being the light of the moon, which shone upon the figure's face, revealing distant magenta eyes and the fairest of fair skin.

"But sister, you can't!"

A second figure stood in the shadow of the first, obscuring from sight all that would be viewed by the moon's lonesome face.

"I can and I must! It is for the sake of Equestria and all it's citizens."

"But sister!"

"No buts, sister. We cannot allow the harmony we fought so hard to build be shattered by this threat. And I have the perfect plan to prevent that."

"But at what cost, sister! Your plan is...too risky!"

"It is too late, sister. My mind is made up. I shall not be swayed from my decision."

"But what about your student?! What about Twilight Sparkle?"

"Don't you dare use her against me!! ...Fine. You want to stop me? You know what to do."

The magenta eyed figure turned around, her back to the window. "But, are you sure you can win, Luna?"

The obscured figure stepped forward, allowing what little of the light present to shine upon her form. "I have to, Celestia."

What followed was the sound of shuffling and dealing as the two opposing siblings prepared for their match.

Celestia found herself smiling. "How long has it been since we've played this game, again?"

"Around five hundred years, dear sister."

"And remind me, how many times have I won, again?"

"That will change soon enough, dearest sister."

"We'll see about that."

With that, all talk was finished as the two glared at each other, waiting for the other to make the first move. Their glares switched to their hands as both siblings pondered their options, already trying to anticipate their opponents first move.

It was Luna who moved first, spreading her first hand out on the wooden table.

The poor wooden furniture had bore witness to the worst of their centuries of battling, and was now a wreck from head to toe.

Their were hundreds of small cuts and scratches in the wood, as well as full on gashes on its sides. It also had a single indent on the bottom of it from one of Luna's less than royal moments. One leg was held up by a marble block created by Celestia for that exact purpose.

Many a time was this table fixed by Celestia's magic, but after all the damage done to it, as well as five hundred years of neglect, it had decided to stay that way.

"Canterlot Hustle." Luna said as she spread out her hand on the table, smiling just a bit at her draw.

"It appears you have luck on your side today sister." Celestia played her own hand. "Everfree Dangers."

"It seems so. Perhaps I shall take the win this time after all."

"Don't get too cocky, dear sister. We still have four more sets to go."

"Indeed we do."

With that, all fell to silence once again as another bout of shuffling and dealing was heard.

"Crystal Journey." Celestia once again spread her hand across the table, directly below her first.

"It seems I may have spoken too soon. Allow me to apologize." Luna's smile widened. As tense as this was, she really did enjoy playing this with her sister. She was sure her sister felt the same. But this was no time to reminisce. "Manehattan Mayhem."

"Hmm, I'm impressed. Only you would be able to play those cards. But you'll still lose."

The two exchanged decks, shuffled, and returned them.

"Royal Family." Celestia once again played her hand.

"Royal Battalion." Luna played hers as well.

"That's two for me, one for you."

"I will make this a tie." Luna said as she glared at her sister. "I will stop you!"

"Go ahead and try Luna. We all know who the better payer is here. I respect your spirit, but you cannot win."

"We'll see what you say when I do."

The cards were shuffled and she spread her hand across the table.

"Ancient Elements."

Celestia grimaced, but made no sound as she spread her hand across the table.

Celestia's smile returned. "Bringer of Chaos. You know what that means."

"Indeed I do, sister." Luna's response held sadness.

The cards were returned to the deck, shuffled, and dealt again. Luna spread her hand across the table.

"Goddesses of Equestria."

Celestia looked down at her hand and silently hoped. She had to win for the fate of her country. She spread her hand across the table

"Griffon's greed."

Luna laughed. "I told you we would tie. Two all."

"It seems this is the end, dearest Luna. " She picked a card from the top of the stack.

"It would appear so, Celestia."

They both smiled and spread their hands across the table at the same time.

"Branches of Harmony" Came Luna's voice.

"Starswirl The Bearded." Came Celestia's voice.

Luna stared in horror. "Y-you won. And with that card, as well..."

Celestia smiled and looked at her sister. "Yes I did. Time to add another win to the tally, I suppose."

"We created this game to cure our boredom and settle our disputes, but we've never won against you. Not even once."

Celestia cleared her throat. "Now then sister. You know the rules."

"Yes. we know. We will not stop you from carrying out your plan. But, in exchange..."

Celestia was not expecting that. "What is it Luna?"

"Let us help you."

Celestia looked at her sister like she had lost her mind. "A-Are you serious, sister? But this is-"

"So what? You can risk your life for your country, but we cannot, despite ruling alongside you for several thousand years?"

"Th-That is..."

"We are not a child anymore, Celestia. We can protect ourselves and this country just as well as you can. And we want to help you. We're sisters after all. It's only natural."

Seeing that she wasn't getting out of this arrangement, she sighed, looked at Luna, and said, "Fine. But we have to watch each other's backs from now on."

"Really, sister? Do you even have to ask?"

The two smiled at each other and stood side by side, watching the moon in the night sky as it shone down on them, silently confirming the siblings decision, as if it could tell this was the right thing to do.

Without turning her head, Celestia said, "Your moon is beautiful tonight sister."

With the same reaction, Luna said in response, "Let us hope it does not bring with it ill tidings."