• Published 9th Jan 2017
  • 752 Views, 40 Comments

The Atlantean-Dominion War - The Atlantean



Crimson Dawn enlists in the Atlantean Reserve Emergency Army (AREA) to defend Atlantis from the Dominion of Apollo.

  • ...
 40
 752

PreviousChapters Next
26. Brother Against Sister (The Second Battle of Pacifica Part 2)

Platinum fired a bolt from his horn, following up quickly with a round from his repeater. The Domination Army’s troops were closer still, but some of them were going down. It just wasn’t happening fast enough. The Atlanteans were too spread out on this section, but they had no choice. Platinum looked to where Crimson was and saw him pointing to the flag waving in the breeze above the Doms. The Domination Army’s 36th Elites were back for a rematch, and they were headed straight towards Crimson’s right! Platinum grimaced and focused back on shooting. Damn. He really wanted to participate in that rematch, especially since they killed Bats.

Crimson saw the same thing and realized some of the Doms were headed to Janelane’s position. The 36th Elites flag fluttered above them, picking up speed as the march turned into a high-speed charge.

“Focus on those guys to our right and pick ‘em off!” he yelled over the noise of battle. “They’re comin’ for the new guys!”

Janelane glanced around for extra help, but saw none. She aimed downrange and pulled the trigger multiple times. A Dom went down with each bullet, but she was aiming low, only hitting them in the limbs and side - not fatal wounds, but enough to keep them from shooting her. Warrant Janelane had never taken another pony’s life so far, and she hoped to keep it that way.

The Doms reached her position. Janelane whacked one in the face with the butt of her gun, spinning around, twirling the gun to face the barrel away from her, and pulling the trigger without thinking. A beige Dominion pony looked shocked, his single-shot musket held high, as if he was about to strike. He dropped the gun and fell over, muttering something about his lost sister. She knew that voice. It came from her brother, who’d gone to serve in the Domination Army fifteen years ago.

“Metal Meadow? Is that you?” she yelled over the surrounding commotion. She still held her gun for protection, just in case.

“Janelane? Last I heard, you ran away from home.”

It hit her. “Brother… I didn’t realize… no, no!” She threw her helmet off her head and into the dirt. Her redwood mane flowed down over her face, but she moved it back with her hoof. “Meadow, it’s me, Jane. Your sister.”

He lifted his head. “Jane, you got so big.” Then he slumped back down.

Everypony around them had stopped fighting each other, watching the two talk. Some of the Doms recognized the young mare and dropped their weapons in shock.

“Meadow, don’t leave me! Stay!” she cried, shaking his head with her hooves. “Don’t die! Stay with me, Meadow!”

But Meadow simply lie still. His heart stopped beating as his blood slowly poured out onto the ground through the hole Janelane’s bullet had put in him. His breath ran cold.

The first pony Janelane had killed had been her own brother.

Author's Note:

Alright, I know, short chapter, but I feel this is a pretty good one. Sometimes you don't need massive amounts of words to tell your story, and this is Janelane's.

Feedback appreciated.

PreviousChapters Next