• Published 9th Jan 2017
  • 473 Views, 2 Comments

Canterlot Boarding School for the Elite - RandomHumanBeging4112



Can you get into one of the most prestigious schools in the world?

  • ...
 2
 473

Chapter One: Twilight's Last Day of School

Twilight Sparkle took a breath and stepped on to the grounds of Crystal Prep for the last time. She didn't know that this would be the last time ever, she only thought that it would be for the school year, for it was the last day of her sophomore year. As she was walking towards the doors, someone tapped her on the shoulder.

"Hey, Twi, you ready for summer?" Twilight's boyfriend, Flash Sentry asked.

"Eh, I dunno. I mean, I'd love to get away from the other students, but then again, I want to learn more." Twilight answered as they walked into the building.

"Yeah, that would make sense for you. Hey, have ya heard that the people from Canterlot Academy are gonna choose one of the students here to go to their school next year?" Flash asked as they headed towards their lockers.

"Wow, I haven't, but, wow! I mean, imagine actually going to Canterlot Academy! So many possibilities! Especially with their study abroad program! Imagine if you or me actually made it in!" Twilight said excitedly as she opened her locker.

"Well, you probably have a pretty good chance of making it in, it's really only for the straight-A students, and the students with the best reputations, so it'll probably be you or Sunny Flare." Flash said.

"But remember, Starlight Glimmer has some of the best grades ever seen, as well as a glowing record, she'll probably get in." Twilight said.

"Actually, she already has a scholarship, her old friend made it in a while ago, so her parents applied her, and she made it in." Flash explained.

"Man, I wish my parents would let me apply. But they want me to stay in the city, and not go all the way to Everfree." Twilight said.

"Yeah, and if only I would get better grades, then I could actually pass the entrance exam." Flash said.

Just then, the bell rang.

"Oh shoot! We gotta get to class! See you in biology!" Twilight yelled as she quickly ran to her math class.

Twilight was lucky that her math class was right by her locker, or else she would have to feel the wrath of her math teacher, Mrs. Harshwhinny. She quickly ran into the classroom and took her seat. The rest of the students filed in and took their seats. The seat next to Twilight, was taken by Starlight Glimmer, who smirked at Twilight, knowing that Twilight would never get into Starlight's new school.

"Alright, class, as most of you have heard, one of our students will be getting a scholarship to Canterlot Academy. Today, as it is the last day of school, I will be choosing the best student in my class for the scholarship. Now, naturally, Starlight Glimmer would be the the best, but she already got accepted into Canterlot Academy. So the second best student in my class, is non-other, than Twilight Sparkle, Twilight, you have my vote for Canterlot Academy. I wish you well." Mrs. Harshwhinny said.

"Thank you, Mrs. Harshwhinny." Twilight said while trying to keep her excitement contained.

"But Mrs. Harshwhinny, Sunny Flare is the best in the class, she had the best grades, next mine of course!" Starlight protested, not wanting Twilight to go to the same school as her again.

"Well, just because Sunny Flare had the best grades, doesn't mean she has the best reputation, or that I like her that much." Mrs. Harshwhinny said.

"Fine, whatever." Starlight said as she slumped down into her seat.

"Now, I have a treat for you all." Mrs. Harshwhinny said as she got something out of her mini-fridge.


Twilight was on her way to biology when Flash caught up with her.

"What?! Mrs. Harshwhinny gave you guys ice cream?!" Flash asked when he noticed the ice cream cone that Twilight was licking.

"Yeah! And guess who she nominated for that scholarship?""

"Lemme guess, Sunny Flare."

"Nope, it was yours truly!" Twilight said excitedly.

"You got nominated?! That's amazing! Congratulations!" Flash said as he hugged Twilight.

"Hey! Careful of the ice cream!" Twilight joked.

"Heh, sorry, I wonder who's gonna get nominated in bio." Flash said as they walked into the classroom and took their seats.

In every class, Twilight got nominated, in some as a second choice to Starlight, in others as a first choice, in a couple of Sunny Flare's classes, she was nominated, but not all of them. The last class of the day was canceled for the whole school, due to an assembly. Twilight and Flash sat next to each other, of course. Then, the school's principal, Principal Cinch, walked up to the microphone.

"Good afternoon, Crystal Prep, first of all, I would like to wish you a well summer vacation, as well as say goodbye to one of our best students, Starlight Glimmer. And, I would like to announce that I will no longer be this school's principal, I have been offered a teaching job at Canterlot Academy and have gladly taken up the offer, as long as one student gets to come with me,and today, the teachers have nominated who they think should get the scholarship, I have nominated, and the Canterlot Academy teachers and staff have nominated. And the student who gets the free scholarship to Canterlot Academy is non-other than Twilight Sparkle!" Principal Cinch said.

"Twilight! That's amazing! You got the scholarship!" Flash yelled as he hugged Twilight.

"I won? I won! I actually git the scholarship!" Twilight yelled happily.

After the final bel rang, most of the students ran to their vehicles and drove to the beach, but Twilight and Flash decided to drive out to the cliff to celebrate.

"Wow, I can't believe that we actually survived another year here." Twilight said as she sat down at the edge of the cliff looking over the city.

"Yeah, me neither, I'm so proud of you for getting that scholarship." Flash said.

"Yeah, but this does mean that we'll be separated for a year, or more if I pass finals." Twilight said.

"Oh, right. Will we have to break up?" Flash asked.

"I don't know, I mean, I don't want to, but we really don't have a choice, most couples don't do well over long distances, and Everfree is a five hour drive away." Twilight said.

"I know, but I was just hoping that we would at least finish high school together." Flash said solemnly.

"I know, but this is a once in a lifetime experience, I can't just pass it up" Twilight said.

"But you couldn't just stay for me?" Flash asked.

"Flash, you know that I can't do that, I've always wanted to go to Canterlot Academy, and I finally have that chance, I can't just pass it up for a high school romance!" Twilight said, her voice rising.

"But can't you just make a sacrifice for love?!" Flash yelled in anger.

"We're in high school, Flash! And I am not gonna let you act like we're in a cliché love story!" Twilight yelled back.

"I'm not! Now why can't you just stay at Crystal Prep with me?!" Flash asked.

"Because I want to go to Canterlot Academy! And because I want to be away from people like you!" Twilight yelled as she ran to her car and drove off.

Author's Note:

New story!