• ...
9
 73
 3,914

A Strange Introduction: Part 3

A Strange Introduction: Part 3

Soul awoke in a cold sweat, panting heavily. A quick panicked glance told him that he was in Rarity's guest room. Somewhat calmed, he rolled out of bed moving towards the window. He drew the shades and a ray of light hit him in the eye, making him wince. Rubbing the pain from his eyes, he saw that the sun was just coming up over the horizon. He smiled at the sight before walking out into the hallway and, deciding to skip his morning shower until later, quietly made his way downstairs and into a large back room that held the kitchen, dining table and living area. It was a mess. The Crusaders had somehow managed to turn it inside out and back to front, with various items from both the kitchen and Rarity's shop strewn around the place, in their quest to make Soul's cape.

'Why the hell did they need a spatula?' He thought as he noticed said object sticking out of a pile of fabric. Shaking his head he went to the pantry in search of a most important item. After a few moments of rummaging, he found it. 'Ah, the single greatest invention known to all intelligent life; coffee!' He thought as he beamed at the coffee tin between his wings. He filled the kettle with water and looked over the room once again as he waited for it to boil.

'How is it even possible to make this much mess making a cape? Wait, I'm responsible for this mess! Kind of. I should clean it up for Rarity, it's the least I can do. I wonder if there are planets made completly out of bees. Wait what? Okay Soul, time to stop talking to yourself and get some caffeine into you before you start thinking about Pinkie Pie and how she seems to be able to defy physics, darken an entire room and brighten it again wihout electricity and can keep up with a pegasus known for being the fastest flier in Equestriohgodjustshutupbrainandletmedrink!' Soul shook himself out of his thoughts and found that the kettle had boiled and was he had begun pouring it's contents into a mug without his noticing.

"Crap I spaced out. That could have been dangerous," he muttered before taking a sip of the beverage. "Aaahh," he sighed blissfully. "That tastes awful." He said before taking another sip.

***

An hour later Rarity groggily awoke to the wonderful smell of eggs. Rubbing the exaustion from her eyes, she made her way downstairs and grudgingly slipped into the back room, preparing herself for the worst. Instead of the disaster area she was expecting, however, she found everything spick and span, with all the fabrics rolled up and stacked neatly in a corner and the kitchen utensils washed, dried and arranged on the kitchen bench. On the dining table were three plates, each holding what appeared to be several pieces of yellow toast, as well as glasses of orange juice to the side. Rarity was so stunned that she almost didn't hear the door creak open behind her.

"Oh, Rarity, there you are. I was wondering where you were," said Soul as Rarity turned around, mouth agape. "I went upstairs to wake you and Sweetie Belle up for breakfast. I must of just missed you." He stepped into the room and was soon followed by a still sleepy filly. Sweetie took a quick sniff of the air.

"Mmn! What's that smell?" She asked eyeing the table hungrily. Rarity just looked around the room, at the breakfast, and back to Soul.

"Soul, is that-" Rarity began to ask.

"French toast? Yep!" Interrupted Soul.

"And did you-"

"Clean up Ground Zero? Sure did."

"Did you do all this for me?" She asked, eyes wide.

"Of course I did. I don't like it when people give and don't receive in turn." Rarity had to bite her lip to keep herself from drifting into fantasy, while failing to decrease her heart rate.

"Well that is most kind of you, darling. There ought to be more ponies as thoughtful as you."

"It was nothing," he said, waving off the compliment with a hoof. "You'd do as much for me."

'I would be willing to do far more for you,' she thought, blushing lightly as her thoughts turned more perverse. "Indeed I would. Now, let's eat before it becomes cold." She turned around to find that Sweetie Belle had already started to dig in, not bothering with cutlery. Rarity shook her head and sighed before taking a seat next to Soul.

"Mmn! This is good! What is it?" Sweetie Belle asked as she lifted her head from her plate.

"It's toast dipped in an egg and milk mixture and then cooked in a pan, kind of like a pancake." Answered Soul, taking a bite out of his toast.

"Yes, it is a dish that originated in a country all the way on the other side of the planet. Soul, however did you learn how to make it? I didn't think I had any cookbooks lying around."

"I dunno," he said after swallowing a mouthful of juice. "I think I might have remembered it from...before." He struggled to find a more appropriate word before being broken from his train of thought.

"Well, in any case, I extend my compliments to the chef. This is simply superb!"

"Why thank you, milady." Soul said as he lowered his head in a bow, eliciting a giggle from Rarity. Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes and went back to eating. When they were all finished Soul went to collect the dishes before Rarity levitated them out of reach.

"Ah ah ah! No you don't! I wouldn't dream of making you wash up after making such a delightful meal!" She said as she moved to the kitchen.

"No, it's okay. After all, I've got to do something to repay you for letting me stay here."

'I can think of a few things you could do for me.' She thought as she placed the dishes in the sink. "Thank you for the offer, but I'm afraid I have to refuse. I simply couldn't allow a guest of mine to do house work."

"Well is there anything else I could do?"

"OOH! I KNOW! You could cook for us!" Yelled Sweetie Belle as she jumped down from her chair.

"Why of course! That is a marvellous idea, Sweetie Belle! Why Soul, you could make us all kinds of delicacies! Not to mention that you'd look rather dashing in a chefs hat."

"Hmm..." Soul tapped his chin with his hoof as he mulled it over. "I suppose it'll be fun. I'll do it!"

"Oh wonderful!" Said Rarity as she clopped her hooves together in excitement. "It'll be like going to a gourmet restaurant every evening!"

"Well, I doubt I'll be that good." He said, bashfully rubbing his hoof behind his head.

"Oh, you'll do fine. There's no need to impress me." 'Not that I need much more impressing," she didn't add. "Anywho, what is on your agenda for today, darling?"

"Well I was going to meet Twilight at the library to do some research. You know, try to figure out what I'm good at, why I can't remember anything, and why I'm not dead. That sort of thing."

"Ah yes Twilight has always been a bit of a bookworm, so to speak. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but that mare can get so caught up in her studies."

"Can I go with him?" Sweetie excitedly asked from the living room couch."I could find what my special talent is too!"

"No, Sweetie Belle, it's a week day. You can crusade with him after school."

"Awww, please?" She implored while turning on the puppy dog eyes and pout combination that Applebloom had taught her. Rarity turned her head away, not answering. Sweetie had anticipated this and instead set her sights on Soul.

Soul, unlike Rarity who had trained herself for these situations, caught the full blast of adorable. "Aww, come on, Rarity. Don't be such a sourpuss. At least let me walk her to school. If only to get her to stop with the face before my brain shuts down from all the cute." Rarity looked at Soul, who seemed to have an expression of genuine pain on his face, and back to Sweetie, who wasn't relenting in her attack.

"Oh fine." She finally sighed. Sweetie started to cheer before being interrupted. "BUT! Only if you go and get yourself ready now. You can play in your room after you're done." Sweetie went out the door and running up the stairs in an instant, leaving a small dust cloud behind.

Soul sighed and lowered his head. 'I miss physics,' he thought to himself. He lifted his head to find Rarity approaching him with a sultry look in her eyes. She walked behind him and slid her fore-hooves around his neck. She withdrew after a moment and started rhythmically sliding her hooves around his withers. "Uh...Rarity? What're you doing?"

"I've noticed that you've been carrying a lot of tension in your muscles. It would be very unkind of me to let you walk around in pain after you've been such a gentlecolt."

"You don't have to do that, Rarity. It's fine." He said as he tried to get up, but Rarity just gently pushed him down onto his stomach and moved her muzzle up to his ear and whispered.

"I insist." She nibbled slightly on the tip of his ear while slowly kneading her hooves into his worn-out muscles, eliciting a small moan of pleasure from the stallion.

"Th-that feels really nice, Rarity. Coul-could you go lower, please?" She complied and lowered her hooves to his lower back, working out any kinks and knots along the way, all while lowering her mouth to his right cheek and placed a series of light kisses on it.

"It's funny. You thought I wouldn't notice how you were acting around me? Trying to get my attention with the little things that you do? Not that I mind giving you my attention." She gave his cheek a little lick, causing him to shudder

"W-well you're just so well refined. I didn't think that somepony as fabulous and beautiful as yourself would ever even consider wanting to be with some mysterious stallion from the forest that you've barely known for more than two days." She continued giving his cheek small licks, but continued down his muzzle, ending at his snout with a small peck. This caused him to open his eyes, and was immediately captured by those dazzling blue orbs, as clear as the gems on her flanks. He glanced down and noticed that their lips were barely an inch apart. "Rarity, I-"

"Hush." She whispered before closing the gap between them, planting her lips on his. They both moaned into the kiss as the warmth of both of them was shared between their lips and they

"Mmn...Rarity..." Soul murmured into her lips.

"Soul..."

Rarity.

"Soul.."

RARITY!

***

Rarity shook her head, tearing herself from her thoughts. "Huh? Wha?" She mumbled confusedly before she noticed Soul standing in front of her, wearing a look of concern and confusion on his face.

"You alright, Rarity?" He asked, tilting his head to the side. Rarity stumbled back, blushing fiercely.

"Yes yes, I'm quite fine, thank you." She turned away from him, trying to hide her reddening cheeks.

"Are you sure? You just kind of spaced out after Sweetie went upstairs."

"I did?" She asked facing him again, appalled at the mental image of her just standing there drooling like a fountain. "For how long?"

"A few minutes. You kept mumbling some stuff under your breath as well. Are you sure you're okay?" He asked once more while placing the side of his hoof on her forehead, causing her to blush further."You feel a little flushed."

"Well, I was...you see, um I didn't get nearly enough sleep last night, and sometimes I just drift right off into a daydream, hehe."

"Oh. Well in that case you'd better go get some rest then."

"Yes, yes. I'll um...I'll send Sweetie down and then you can go when you're ready." She said as she left the room.

"Alrighty then, Rarity. Have a good sleep." He called out to her.

When she was upstairs Rarity let go of the breath she was holding and felt her red cheek with her hoof. 'Goodness. I think I may have fallen for him.'

***

AUTHORS NOTES

Right this is a shorter chapter this time, because I realised that I won't be able to be very consistent, because I was gonna stop the chapters whenever Soul went to bed as you might have seen, but I've decided against that. Also, if you could rate and comment with your opinions it would be very appreciated. And once again, I am EXTREMELY super sorry for the SIX WEEK DELAY, but I've been busy/lazy, what with school and girl problems, but after I upload this I'll take a nap (because I spent all night writing this because I promised Remsaman that I'd finish it by morning) and then I'll write a couple more chapters. But I won't release them right away. ;P Another also: if there are any mistakes whatsoever, PLEASE tell me. I re-read the previous chapters and there were grammar mistakes everywhere. Not big ones, they were just small enough to slip under the radar. So read it once for enjoyment, and another for critique. One last also: the romance part right there isn't meant to be taken very seriously. I grabbed bits and pieces from cheesy romance fics that I read. (What? Rarity reads those, so I imagine that that is what she would fantasize)

Alright, until next time,

Soulsilver.