• Published 14th Jan 2017
  • 1,727 Views, 23 Comments

Cruel Twist Of Fate or (Friendship Is Tragic) - SapphireWings999



My wife, my friends, I've lost them all. Why did it have to be me? What have I done to deserve this?

  • ...
6
 23
 1,727

Epilogue: All Alone

A few years have passed since that fateful day and my life has spiraled out of control ever since. I stopped publishing stories pretty soon after the incident while focusing all my time and whatever money I had into finding Ariel and whoever had stolen her. All these years later, though, there’s been no success. I stopped following My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic long ago, though I’d heard it only went on for about 2 or 3 more seasons afterwards.

I’ve tried in vain to find my talisman in the hopes that I could someday return to Equestria, but my efforts were fruitless. It was probably better that way. After the profanity-riddled outburst I’d made against the girls that night, soo long ago yet still fresh in my mind, I doubt they’d ever forgive me; I wouldn’t even forgive me. Finally, I’ve been in and out of my local nuthouse several times in the past few years after too many suicide attempts for me to keep track of.

Several times over the years, and even now as I sat in the mental ward, I would forget about the friends I’d left behind back in Equestria, forget about my own identity as an Alicorn Prince there, sometimes for weeks at a time. I’ve often feared that I might forget about them entirely, that, one day, their memory might never return to me. The thought alone is terrifying. For the time being, though, there’s little else for me to do aside from wallowing in my own solitude and misery. All alone.

To be continued?

Author's Note:

Well here it is. The tragic end to this entry in my saga. This is the longest story I've ever written for this site and the equally long process of writing it has been pretty up and down over the past year and a few months, but I still wouldn't give that up for anything else. Being able to write content like this for others to enjoy feels extremely validating and I'm beyond grateful for all of you who take the time to read, comment, or even thumbs up or favorite my stories. The "To be continued?" means that there will still be another entry to come in the future, but I'm in a position where I've got some ideas swirling around that I'd like to bounce off of some of you guys, possibly in a future blog post. I do enjoy trying to do different things with each story that I've written in this saga and I look forward to all that's yet to come. But until that day does come, if y'all enjoyed reading this at least half as much as I enjoyed writing it, then feel free to Favorite or upvote this story. And if you want to see more stories like this, feel free to follow so you can stay updated on all the new content I put out. Until the next story, this is SapphireWings999 wishing y'all a great rest of the weekend. Take care.

P.S. Happy 21st Birthday to my wonderfully wacky little brother, Tim.

Comments ( 7 )

Well my good friend that certainly was a massive kick to the dick with the end, but however i feel this cliffhanger does more harm than good i would suggest getting a sequel posted soon but that is my opinion. All in all i think you did wonderfully, keep up the good work mate.

9225599
I greatly appreciate your feedback. It's nice to finally have somepony leaving a comment on a story of mine for the first time in I don't even know how long. You have no idea how great it feels to have that after such a lengthy period. Funny you should mention that because, over the past few weeks, I've been working on my next entry in the series after spending months writing for a different, non-pony-related project. I'd like to get the first few chapters completed before I think of publishing as I want to make sure that this story is given the proper time and attention it deserves. Thanks again for your feedback. :yay:

9227616
Well mate its nice to see that i have brightened someones day, but take your time if all you're stories are like this? I can wait.

Good luck mate!

I'm actually going to read the entire series from start to finish soon, we when I get the time anyway :3

Where can I find part 4

10619443
It was just a moment that seemed to be really weird and almost random when compared to the rest of the movie.

10619502
Like David, I was diagnosed with Asperger's almost 10 years ago by this point. My mom, however, had noticed the signs that I was on the autism spectrum since I was much younger.

10619545
That would be Chicken Little.

Login or register to comment