• Published 15th Jan 2017
  • 7,362 Views, 497 Comments

My Little Paper Mario - Codex92



Bowser has another heinous scheme on his claws to defeat Mario and take Princess Peach once and for all, but the mushroom-eating plumber will have some help from six mares accidentally transported to the Mushroom Kingdom by a botched dimension spell.

  • ...
6
 497
 7,362

PreviousChapters Next
Star Haven: The City of Stars

Now that all seven Star Spirits were freed from Bowser's strongest followers, everyone made their way back to Toad Town as fast as they possibly can. They had to painfully backtrack through the Crystal Palace and climb down Shiver mountain, but all that was left was a sewer trek back to the central town of the Mushroom Kingdom and past the giant hole where Peach's Castle used to be. While making their way back to Shiver City, they didn't find any sign of Jr. Troopa in his frozen state on the road. Either someone took pity on the crazy Koopa seeking revenge and took him in to thaw him out, or he managed to break free and run off somewhere to wait for them to cross his path. They hoped they didn't encounter the young, surprisingly strong Koopa Troopa again with so little time to stop Bowser from getting too strong as he continued holding the Star Rod.

Once they made their way back through the sewers, Rarity staying firmly on Lakilester's cloud to avoid getting filthy and ruining her hooficure she got at Shiver City's spa, they leapt out of the warp pipe leading to the sewers and made their way to Peach's castle. "If we have to go through another sewer, I am immediately going to the nearest spa and getting a full treatment," Rarity said.

"Give it a rest," Bow uttered with a groan. "You didn't get your pretty little feet dirty by hitching on a Lakitu cloud. I think Lakilester will get sick and tired of being a taxi driver if he has to carry your prissy tail over several mud pits ever few feet."

"I actually don't mind a passenger riding along," Lakilester said. "My buddy can handle heavier things, even without me." The Lakitu earned a deathly glare from the unicorn, he and his cloud suddenly scared out of their minds as they realized how he worded his statement. "N-Not like I'm saying you are heavy, Rarity! I just mean he can hold several people at once without getting tired or weighed down!" Rarity didn't respond, continuing leering at him with a raised brow. "...I'm just going to shut up...and fly waaaaay up here."

Lakilester hovered higher in the air to avoid Rarity's wrath, who began laughing as soon as he was high enough. "I know what you meant, Lakilester," Rarity assured. "I was just messing with you."

"Ugh. Please don't!" Lakilester said. "Last time Lakilulu gave me that look when I slipped up on a weight comment, I could barely move with all the spiny eggs she threw at me sticking in every part of my body. That's why I don't ever try to tick off a girl, even by accident."

They eventually reached the gates of the castle, everyone aside from Mario and Goombario pausing to see the damage Bowser caused by lifting Peach's Castle up with his. "Wow," Pinkie said. "That's a really big mess."

"I guess if it wasn't for the Star Rod, there would be no possible way Bowser could have ever pulled something like this off," Twilight uttered. She looked up at the sky, unable to see where exactly Bowser's floating fortress is. "We're not going to let him get away with this."

"Shooting Star Summit's not too far from here, guys!" Goombario called out, he and Mario waiting for them to catch up as they observed the damage around the area.

Continuing on, with more reason to defeat Bowser after witnessing the aftermath of his latest ploy, they made their way up the path to the flat summit of the small mountain not too far away. As soon as they set foot on the land, the others noted the shooting stars falling down around them, worried at first that they might hurt, only for them to phase through their bodies or land down on the ground around them. It was an awe-inspiring sight as the sky seemed to be dark and filled with stars, even though it was the middle of the day.

"Oh my," Rarity murmured. "This would be a lovely spot for romantic couples. Shooting stars, clear night sky, and the atmosphere..."

"I'd love to come back here again," Fluttershy said. "If we find a way back home, that is...And stopping Bowser. That's more important."

After a short climb, they reached the top of the summit, Mario and Goombario recognizing the dais where they first met the seven Star Spirits in their ethereal images. They found no sign of the powerful Stars, having expected to see them as they waited for their arrival.

"Mario, everyone, can you hear us?" Eldstar's voice rang out.

"Eldstar?" Twilight called out as everyone looked around. "Where are you?"

"We are in Star Haven," the elder Star Spirit answered. "We are needed here, unfortunately, but I will open the entrance to Star Way for you all. Enter without fear and meet us at our shrine where we reside. We will also give you our remaining power to aid you against Bowser when he uses the Star Rod."

At the center of the dais, a blue, starry beam descended down from the skies. Everyone backed away in surprise as they watched the beam touch down, the glowing stars inside it illuminating Shooting Star Summit as they circled all around the cylindrical mass of energy.

"Whoa," Rainbow uttered.

"Make haste, my friends," Eldstar said. "We anxiously await your arrival."

"...Uhh, who wants to go first?" Parakarry asked.

As the party pondered if this beam was safe, Mario was the first to test it as he volunteered himself. He stood in the center, then after a moment, he yelped as he began spinning out of control, then shot up into the air. After reaching what appeared to be several thousand feet in the air, Mario finally reached a stopping point, his eyes spinning around in his head a little as he stepped out of the magical transporter. Coming to his senses, he looked down, gawking in awe as he saw Shooting Star Summit way down below, but what shocked him the most was the glittery starry ground he stood upon. His eyes followed the stars as they seemed to narrow out into a road, curving up around around as he saw Star Haven just a few blocks away from where he stood.

Before Mario could marvel at the starry road or what he could see of Star Haven only several yards above where he ended up, he looked back when he heard his companions yelling as they took the transportational beam. One by one, those who weren't used to spinning so much staggered out, their eyes spinning as they nearly stumbled over their own feet or tried to steady themselves for those that are able to fly. The only ones unaffected were Kooper and Rainbow Dash, being the first ones to stare in awe at the starry path, the height they were at, and Star Haven just a short walk away.

"Spinning Spike Tops," Kooper gasped. He then looked down at his feet, lowering a hand to touch the physical stars that made up the road leading to Star Haven to their swift lift from the surface. "This is incredible...I've never seen anything like this."

The others finally stopped the spinning in their heads as they too were wowed by Star Way and Star Haven only a sort distance away, Pinkie pressing her face to the ground as she watched the glittering stars and the earth down below. "Ooooooooh. Sparkly! You girls think Princess Luna might love this place if we brought her here?"

"Princess Luna? Please, darling!" Rarity said. "Everypony would want to come here! This beautiful road alone has me inspired to create gowns glittering with stars in a night sky! When we get back home, I'm going on a sewing binge, and nopony's going to make me take a break if it kills me!"

They had to force themselves from getting too lost in the majesty of a land no earth-dweller had ever seen before, remembering they had a mission to accomplish and save Princess Peach. They walked along the road, making sure to stay on the brighter physical mass of stars to avoid falling off. It wasn't to say that Star Way was also a safe walk up as they encountered blue Lava Bubble-like creatures called Embers, just as fiery as their red counterparts, only hotter and a bit stronger. With a swing of a hammer, a shell toss, or a blast of magic, the Embers weren't much of a problem as their casual stroll up the slightly winding star road finally lead them to solid ground, reaching the entrance to Star Haven, and the wonder never seems to end.

Floating about Star Haven were some Stars that appeared to be older than Twink, despite being as small as him. There were very few buildings around, and they looked more like gloriously set up tents with metal fences as the walls, but they were incredible and a unique type of architecture the likes of which no one has ever seen. There were some flowers and bushes around, so plant-life could live here since the water of around the city of Stars sparkled enough to always seem fresh and pure. Even the trees were unique to this city, the branches holding stars that glittered, looking remarkably healthy even without any leaves.

"So, this is Star Haven," Bow said, too stunned to express in words or emotion at how serene Star Haven was.

"Aside from Bowser and Kammy, I think we might actually be the first visitors who came here," Parakarry said. "I know I sure haven't been here with all my mail deliveries."

"Yup. Princess Luna would love to be here and have a heart attack when she sees this place," Pinkie confirmed with a nod.

One of the Stars nearby noticed the large group and approached them. "Hello, everyone! You must be Mario and his traveling companions, yes?"

"We sure are," Twilight answered. "And you knew of our arrival?"

"Of course. We are Stars and we're supposed to watch the land down below, granting wishes to those with pure hearts," the Star said. "...Or, those who do have pure intentions, at least. Unfortunately, none of us can grant any wishes with the Star Rod taken away from us by Bowser. And we can't even welcome any new Star Kids who are ready to rise up to Star Haven to make themselves comfortable among the skies."

"Do you by any chance know a Star Kid named Twink?" Goombario asked.

"Twink?" The Star hummed in thought for a moment. "I think I do remember him. Just recently ascended, and right before the Star Rod was stolen. He was supposed to meet with the Honorable Star Spirits at their shrine, but then he came back into the city in a panic, saying he witnessed Bowser kidnap the Star Spirits and take the Star Rod. I don't know what happened to the kid after he told us. He just flew off and we haven't heard from him since."

"He's with Princess Peach," Twilight said. "He's been a really big help guiding us to finding where the Star Spirits were being held, and trying to reunite me and my friends after we got separated."

"Ah. Her Royal Highness, Princess Peach." The Star grinned and nodded his head. "Her wishes are always answered, even though she never truly wishes for anything aside from peace in the Mushroom Kingdom and for Mario to save her when she's in trouble." Mario rubbed the back of his neck, giving a sheepish grin as he was forever loyal to rescuing Peach when Bowser comes and kidnaps her. "So selfless and kindhearted. If only every other inhabitant down below had the same kind of heart as hers. Eh. A Star can dream."

Right as they were about to ask where the Star Spirits' shrine was at, Pinkie's tail suddenly began to twitch randomly. "Twitchy Tail! Twitchy-twitchy!"

"Uh oh! Take cover, y'all!" Applejack warned as everyone except the Star looked up and covered their heads.

"Uhh, what are you doing?" the Star asked.

Suddenly, falling down toward them, Mario was the unlucky victim as something smacked him hard in the back of the head. The object bounced across the ground a few times before slamming to a halt against the wall of one of the staircases around the haven leading to the other buildings. Letting out a weak groan, the others gasped as they recognized the star-shaped object that Pinkie warned them of: it was Twink, his face scrunched up in pain as he limply laid against the wall.

"Twink!" Twilight exclaimed, teleporting over to him while the others ran up beside her. She carefully lifted the injured Star Kid in her hooves. "What happened?"

"Urgh...B-Bowser," Twink weakly mumbled. "H-He...knows...Mario's.........coming..."

The Star Kid fell unconscious after giving his last message, their element of surprise foiled if the Koopa King was aware of the Star Spirits being freed. "Well, it wasn't going to be easy, regardless if we found a way to sneak in," Bow commented.

"Oh no. Poor thing," Fluttershy said, taking Twink out of Twilight's hooves and into her own. "Is there anywhere we can lay him down?"

"There's a Toad House over there," the Star that greeted them said. They hurried over to the rest house, opening the starry door acting as the entrances to the buildings, alerting the Star running the Toad House of the last recently ascended Star Kid's injuries. Fluttershy gently placed Twink down in the bed, letting him rest and pulled the covers over him. "Bowser needs to be stopped. He could have killed Twink."

"We're going to put a stop to that Koopa," Applejack assured. "Don't y'all worry about a thing, sugarcube. Just keep watch over him and let us handle the rest."

After being pointed toward where the Star Spirits' shrine was, the party exited the Toad House, leaving the Stars to take care of Twink until he got better. The situation was dire now with Peach all alone, Mario having a gut feeling Bowser trapped her in a cage or tied her up, keeping her hostage right in his line of sight to distract him when they reach him. When they reached the shrine, everyone stopped for a brief moment as they looked at the domed structure surrounded by water, the only bridge leading to the shrine's steps welcomed by two pillars with slowly spinning stars at the top as they spouted water from the top.

"Agh! This place is too much!" Pinkie exclaimed in exasperation. "So much pretty when we need to be rushy!"

"Let's just hope we're freely able to come visit Star Haven when we bring peace back to the kingdom," Sushie said, wanting to test the water, yet not wanting to be rude and defile the crystal clear, shimmering surface of the starry lake.

They soon approached the stairs, climbed up the flight before them, and made their way inside the shrine. Inside, they found the Star Spirits eagerly waiting for them, floating on different pillars in the same order Mario and Goombario first met them back on Shooting Star Summit: Eldstar at the center at the far end of the room, and going around clockwise were Mamar, Klevar, Muskular, Misstar, Skolar, and Kalmar.

"You're finally here," Eldstar greeted. "Hopefully you have had some time to observe Star Haven while in your haste."

"We're trying to, but we don't have much of a choice but to leave now," Twilight said. "Peach is all alone with Bowser now. He hurt Twink and sent him flying off back here."

"What!?" Muskular gasped in shock, then growled angrily. "That no good Koopa hurt that kid!? That jerk! Where's Twink!?"

"He's resting right now," Fluttershy said. "He was hurt really bad."

Muskular twitched, the other Star Spirits sensing his anger as they knew he was deciding on either flying up to Bowser and try to pummel him with his power alone or be by Twink's side. "Muskular, calm yourself," Eldstar said.

"How can I when Bowser did something like that to a Star Kid!?" Muskular shouted. "And he's doing all this because we don't listen to his wishes!? Hah! Yeah, we listen to everyone's wishes, but that idiot doesn't realize that his wishes are selfish, which is why we don't grant wishes, or I should say 'requests' from the likes of him, of that nature!"

"Bowser is a bumbling buffoon who can't even bother to read a simple children's book for entertainment," Klevar said calmly. "I knew you grew fond of young Twink, like a little brother, but you must not let your emotions get the better of you, Muskular. As a Star Spirit, we are to judge those who wish to us with cool head. Isn't that what your specialty is?"

Muskular grunted, breathing deeply to compose himself, even though he still had some pent up rage he wanted to unleash. "...Alright...I'm cool. Slightly calm...Still agitated, but I'm fine..."

"I'm sure Twink will be just fine," Misstar said, assuring the blue Star Spirit. "If that little one can handle flying back and forth from the princess's castle to the earth to relay messages of where to find us or help Princess Peach with her discoveries, he can handle anything that comes his way."

"Let us not dillydally any further," Skolar said, getting back to the topic at hand. "Eldstar, now is the time to grant Mario our last remaining power for his confrontation with Bowser."

"Indeed," Eldstar agreed. "Now, hold still, Mario. Everyone, join together."

Mario stepped forward while his friends backed away, standing in the center of the room where the Star Rod used to rest. All seven Star Spirits focused their power, lifting their arms as they combined their energy to form one last ability for Mario to use. Sparkles began bursting around the plumber as he closed his eyes, feeling the abilities of all seven Stars combining into one. In one last, large burst, Mario was granted the power needed to stop Bowser.

"This is the Star Beam," Mamar explained. "Combining all seven of our strengths, we are able to nullify the effects granted on anyone who wields the Star Rod."

"Which means his invulnerability is practically useless now," Twilight summarized.

"I can't to see the look on Bowser's face when he thinks he's invincible and it gets taken away just after he uses it!" Rainbow said.

"That's great and all, but how exactly are we going to reach Bowser's Castle?" Bombette asked. "I doubt anyone who's able to fly can carry everyone up there if it's even higher than Star Haven."

"That is why we have another gift for you," Kalmar said. He hovered down to the center platform, pressing a switch that hid behind it. Mario yelped when he felt the platform begin to split apart, leaping onto the stairs with the others as it opened up before them. Rising up from beneath the shrine was a large ship, colored blue in the back while white on the front with a yellow star, a pair of small wings on the sides to give it some aerodynamics in flight. It was big enough to fit everyone inside, even Twilight and her friends. "This is our legendary Star Ship of Star Haven. This is sure to help you all reach Bowser's Castle."

"Nice ride," Lakilester commented. His cloud looked shocked, then looked up at the Lakitu with a leer. "Aww, come on, buddy! My butt's always gonna stick with you until someone splits us up for good! Besides, I don't think you're able to fly up that high without running out of steam."

The cloud rolled its eyes, but forgave his owner. "Climb aboard, guys!" Kooper said as everyone clambered inside, finding themselves a seat while Mario too the helm, even though there wasn't a steering wheel, buttons, or switches to control the Star Ship.

"We will always be with you," Eldstar reminded everyone. "Whenever you are in need, do not hesitate to call us to aid you."

"Yeah, even though he hasn't used any of your powers at all after being given explanations to what each one of them does," Pinkie said. "Are we ever going to see them in action, or are they just going to sit around on their spire throne thingies?"

"They might have a chance considering we're going to be charging into enemy territory," Goombario stated. "I hope we're all ready for this."

"We are," Twilight said. "Bags are filled with plenty of supplies, and our large group can easily dispatch several of Bowser's soldiers easily. Let's move out!"

With everyone ready to go, the Star Ship began hovering up and out of the domed roof of the shrine. As soon as they were high enough, the ship flew off on its own at an incredible speed, making most of the group yell in surprise and fear as they zipped off through the skies.

"Aww yeah!" Rainbow cheered. "Can this thing pull off a sonic rainboom!?"

"Ahhh! This is a speedy ride!" Watt exclaimed. "...Oh, wait. I'm a Li'l Sparky. I can move faster with electrical currents I can jump into. Heehee."

Down below as the skies began to turn night in Toad Town, many of the Toads strolling through the roads under the clear night sky noticed a shooting star fly overhead. They didn't know that shooting star was actually Mario and his friends zooming through the skies. Most of them began wishing, praying for the princess to return safely, while others had a different kind of wish, a young Toad wishing to eat tons of Shroom Cake, hoping to have several hundred pounds of his favorite dessert before eating dinner tonight.

The ship rose higher and higher as it continued moving at such a velocity, everyone looking forward as Bowser's and Peach's castles could be seen in the distance. The ponies were really surprised to see how big Bowser's floating palace really was now that they didn't experience getting lifted by the massive fortress.

"What in the name of oats and apples is up with them swingin' spike balls?" Applejack asked. "Are they supposed to kick anything out if they get too close?"

"Probably just there to try to make it look intimidating," Bow said. "My mansion drives visitors away better than a bunch of swinging maces."

"That base has a really creepy smile," Rarity noted. "Is that the same clown face that was on that strange flying thing Bowser flew in on when he crashed through the window? It's just ghastly!"

The ship flew closer to the castle, making its way up to the Bowser head at the front of the castle. Inside its maw was what appeared to be a docking station for the Koopa King's aerial vehicles, their own interstellar vehicle floating up to an empty dock, turning around to let its large group of passengers disembark from the back. One by one, they carefully stepped out and prepared themselves to storm Bowser's Castle.

"How come the ship didn't take us up to Peach's Castle?" Rainbow questioned. "Why bother going through this massive fortress?"

"There is the Star Rod Bowser could use to zap us out of the sky," Kooper said, reminding the pegasus of what happened to her and her friends last time. "And there could be anti-air artillery like Bullet Bill Cannons set up around the castle to shoot down anything not allowed within its general space. Not to mention Magikoopas and Kameks that could use magic as well."

"We also have to go through the castle and rescue the prisoners held hostage," Bombette added. "All those guests who got caught up in all this are probably scared to death and have no idea what's been going on outside for the past couple weeks."

Despite how boring and repetitive it would be to go through every single floor just to reach Peach's Castle, Rainbow could see the Bob-omb's point. There were others that needed their help inside, and if they were dragged into Bowser's Castle's dungeon cells, they had to make sure to scour every inch of the place and save all of them.

"Right. Well, if that's the case, let's save ourselves some unfortunate prisoners," Rainbow said. "I never leave my friends behind, and I'm not letting those party guests down either! Who's ready to do this!?"

As Rainbow put her hoof out, everyone else gathered around and placed their various limbs in the middle. "For the Mushroom Kingdom!" Kooper cheered.

"For the magic of friendship!" Twilight added.

Everyone nodded, raising their piled on limbs up and cheered, pumped up from their group huddle. Together, as friends and allies of different races and worlds, the heroes of the Mushroom Kingdom and the Elements of Harmony from Equestria charged forward to storm Bowser's Castle, ready to save the day, save the imprisoned guests and Princess Peach, and liberate Bowser from the kingdom and his hold of the Star Rod.


Flurry Heart babbled as she played with Sci-Twi, the human-turned-alicorn trying to use her magic to control one of the two bears they were playing with. It felt natural once she got the hang of it, almost like how she could use her magical powers with the special gems she, Sunset, and their friends got from Camp Everfree. Even though she had some trouble adjusting from being bipedal to quadrupedal, it didn't matter much as she had fun playing with her pony counterpart's niece.

"Oh, you are just so cute!" Sci-Twi squealed. It suddenly dawned on her with how both their worlds paralleled with each other when it came to the people she knew. "Oh my gosh. Does this mean my brother and Principal Cadence are actually dating each other, then eventually get married, and have a baby, and will look just like Flurry Heart and have the same name as her!?" Flurry looked up at her curiously, tilting her head as an unsure response. Sci-Twi's smile only widened as the possibility was able to happen, then let out an excited scream. "I have to know! I need to call my brother and-Oh, wait, my cell phone's back in the human world. GAH! I hope they find pony Twilight fast so I can find out! I can't wait for my own niece!"

While the alternate alicorn grabbed Flurry and cuddled her, giving her loud, tickly raspberries on the foal's belly to make her laugh, Cadence was watching them from the doorway of the room they were in. She wore and amused grin, almost thinking that her sister-in-law really was back, only with her mane tied in a pony tail and wore glasses. Cadence made her way back to the library where her aunts, Starlight, Sunset, and Shining Armor were still trying to figure out how to bring their missing mares back from whatever world they wound up in.

"It's so uncanny how alike that Twilight is compared to ours," Cadence said to her husband. "I think Flurry might get overwhelmed if she saw her favorite aunt and her twin. And she can't wait for her own niece if our human counterparts tie the knot."

Shining winced at the information, despite being amused at first with the other Twilight's similarities to his actual sister's. "Yeah. Let's just hope there isn't a Chrysalis in that world who will try to tear our other selves' marriage apart."

"Oh," Cadence uttered. "Almost forgot about that..."

Celestia, Luna, Sunset, and Starlight were working on another mirror, enchanting it with different dimensional transportation spells while using Twilight's algorithm to test out the different worlds they could be in. "Ok, let's give this a shot," Celestia said, all four mares combining their magic to form a portal in the mirror. "I only hope that we don't spend an eternity searching through an infinite number of universes, dimensions, worlds, and the like."

"Then let's hope we get lucky," Starlight said. She also hoped they'll find them soon, for Spike's sake. He held himself up in his room for the last couple days after Sunset brought the Canterlot High girls over, still upset by Sunset's plan to keep everyone from thinking the Mane Six were still missing. It was understandable as he feared he might not ever see his Twilight again, having grown up with her since he was hatched and was like an older sister to him. As the mares stared at the new mirror portal, Starlight looked around as she waited for someone to test it out. "Uhh...anyone want to see what's through there?"

After a moment of silence, Sunset responded with a sigh. "I'll go first," she volunteered. "I've had some experience jumping through portals...But, if something happens..." Grabbing a nearby rope, she tied a loop around her barrel with several lengths of it out for them to pull her back if she gets into trouble. "If anyone feels me tug three times, pull me back in."

"Be careful, Sunset," Celestia warned.

The unicorn nodded, took in a deep breath, and walked through the portal. Celestia, Luna, and Starlight had their magic ready as they held the end of the rope, waiting anxiously for Sunset's return if they found the right world. After a short moment, they felt three rapid tugs, signalling them to pull her back through now. They pulled hard, dragging a terrified Sunset out as she scrambled away from the mirror.

"Close the portal! Close it now!" she screamed.

Celestia and Luna quickly closed the portal with their magic, sealing off the entrance to whatever made the orange unicorn panic. They turned to her, curled in the fetal position with fear-stricken eyes, shivering in terror while she held her tail tightly to her chest.

"Oh my goodness, what happened?" Cadence asked.

"I-I-I...I was in s-s-some catacombs, I-I think," Sunset shakily said. "T-There was this g-g-green...a-acid, or s-s-something in p-puddles...a-and there were...c-c-c-creepy z-z-z-z-z-z-zombies...standing around..."

Unable to explain more, Sunset rocked back and forth on the ground, bringing a hoof to her mouth and sucked on it like an infant. "...So, I assume that's not the right world, then?" Luna asked.

"Clearly," Shining said. "Maybe I should take a look at one of these other worlds. I not afraid of zombies."

"Well, we won't know where else it'll take you," Starlight reasoned. "It could be worse than a bunch of zombies in the catacombs of a poisoned graveyard."

Shining untied the rope around Sunset and tied it around him, letting out a chuckle. "Please. I've been dying for some action after I became a Royal Guard Captain. The most adventurous thing I've done since I married Cadence, became a prince of the Crystal Empire, and had Flurry Heart was chasing Flurry all around the castle while trying to get her to take a bath."

"Oh, so I'm not enough action for you, honey?" Cadence asked skeptically.

"I meant something dangerous to fight, Cadence," Shining said, knowing not to incite the wrath of his alicorn wife. Cadence rolled her eyes, smirking as she only teased him. "You know I love you."

"I know. I love you, too," Cadence said back. "Just don't get into anything too dangerous."

"No promises." Ready to jump into the mirror, Starlight, Celestia, and Luna created another portal, opening it up to a different world.

Shining Armor leapt inside, the princesses and Starlight playing the waiting game again to see if they found the right world. It didn't take long for something to happen as the stallion was suddenly sent flying back through the portal, covered in smushed bananas and peels as he hit the ground hard, sporting a black eye as he groaned. Quickly closing the portal before whatever attacked Shining tried to go through and finish the stallion off, Cadence ran up to her husband and helped sit him up.

"Shining, are you ok?" Cadence asked with great concern.

"Ugh...That hurt," Shining said with a wince, keeping his left eye closed from the painful shiner he received. "After I leapt in, I ended up slipping on a big hoard of bananas in some cave. Next thing I knew, this big brown gorilla with a red tie came out of nowhere, grabbed me, then punched me back through the portal. I think those bananas were his and he defended his territory."

"A gorilla wearing a tie???" Starlight questioned.

"Were they being held captive by this violent primate?" Luna asked.

"No," Shining said. "Or, at least what I was able to see before I got punched." He rubbed his black eye, yelping in pain and winced as he moved his hoof away. "I think I've had enough adventuring for one day."

"I'm going to get you some ice for that eye," Cadence said. Before she walked off, she looked at the mushed banana she got on her hoof that was on Shining's body. Curious, she licked some of it, humming with delight at the taste. "Wow, those must be really good bananas to be hoarding."

The pink alicorn finally left to get her husband some ice, and a towel so he can wipe off the delicious banana mush on his coat. Starlight let out a heavy sigh, crossing off yet another possible location where Twilight and the other ponies were.

"This is going to take a long while," she uttered.

PreviousChapters Next