• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 1,259 Views, 4 Comments

A Gem at Crystal Prep - Shadow Hero



After spending some time on earth, Moonstone is going to attend school to learn more about human's.

  • ...
4
 4
 1,259

Chapter 6- The day after and the hectic start

I paced around my apartment some time after the dance . “What was that? Twilight seem to not notice..” I mumbled as the bird that I named Bob was fast asleep.

As I paced my phone rang, I looked up and saw it was about 3 in the morning. I went over and saw it was Twilight, I picked it up. “Good you're still awake.” She said

“I could say the same to you it's late and you should really be sleeping.”

“Uh ya. Guess what?” She said obvious too into whatever she has to say. “My EMF meter has picked up something during the dance.” She continued

“What? Look can we talk about this tomorrow.”

“Sure I guess we can.. Good night then.”

“You better be well rested so good night.” I said as I hung up the phone and let out a sigh.

“It seems it wasn't nothing after all.” I crashed onto my couch and woke up Bob. “Sorry about,”


Early the next day I walked up to Twilight's house but before I could ring the bell her father, Night Light answer. “Oh hi Moon. Twilight is still sleeping but come in come in.” He said as he moved out of the way.

“Thank’s. Twilight seemed to of found something interesting.” I said to him, he is one of the people that know what I am.. Her brother does not like me hanging out with Twilight, he seem’s to be really protective of her.

“Is it something about..Them?” He asked as we lead my to the living room, they had a nice HD TV and a bookcase with a lot of book’s.

“I hope not.” I said as I walked over and picked up a the new Daring Doo book, for some reason this book series reminds me of a movie franchise back on the other earth. I just shake that though out of my head before I took a seat across from Night.

Not to long later Twilight came down in her pajamas, they were purple with light purple stars on them. “Morning dad. Morning Moon.” She said sleepily as she head to the Kitchen before turning around and rushing back up stairs.

“Most of forgot you were coming.” Night said with a chuckle as he began to read the Newspaper as I just shaked my head.

Not even a second later she came down wearing a vest over white longsleeve shirt and a purple skirt. “Sorry about that, was not expecting you this early” She said with a smile.

“I did not have that much to do today. So about what you found. Mind-” I was interrupted by her stomach.

“Mind if we grab something before.” I nod my head. “Thanks want anything.” She said as she walked into the kitchen.

“No thank you.” I said.

“Come on you need to eat to get that brain going is that not what you keep saying to me.” Twilight said as she popped her head out of the kitchen.

“You're right I have been hounding you about that.” I said as I head to the Kitchen but her father grabbed my arm.

“I just got a call earlier about some of my colleagues have seen a giant neon green hand last night flying into space.” He whispered to me.

That's right he works at the observatory so he is the best at giving me any info about anything suspicious flying around. “It could be thanks for letting me know. Hope you don’t get in trouble.” I said as he let go.

“OK then i'm heading out, they need some help. So you two have fun.” He said with a wink as he got up and left.

The house was quiet as I made my way to the kitchen. “Where is everyone?” I asked as I sat down at the table

“My mom is out of town for...Business stuff and Shinie is over at Cadance house. cereal ok?” She said as she took out a box of frosted flakes.

“Sure.” I said. Funny as long as I known this family I was never told what her mother, twilight Velvet does for a living.. She is out of town a lot.

We eat in silence until Spike came running up and tried to jump up into my lap. “Hey there buddy.” I said as I picked him up and put him on my lap.

“Remember the first time he met you?” She asked

“Like it was yesterday, he kept growling at me and giving me a look saying ‘don’t mess with her’.” I said as we both laugh.

“So what now? About us I mean” She asked as we calmed down and she started stared down into her bowl with one arm lying on the table.

“There’s not much to do.” I put my hand on to her’s. “We should work from here and see where things take us.” I said with a smile as she half smiled back at me.

We finished fast and she lead me to the basement door. “My dad told me yesterday I should move my stuff so the garage can fit more cars.. Plus it's an upgrade in size.” She said as she unlocked the door.

As we walked down I saw most of her stuff still in boxes. She leads me to a table next to a machine as she pulls out charts. “Now right here around the time of the dance the readings went off the chart’s twice.” She said as she handed me the chart.

As I looked at it the first one was to wave and imperfect for it to be Homeworld but the second one seems fit the bill...Mostly. “Maybe it just picked up a solar flare or something.” I said trying to get her to not look into this.

“What if it's not then what. As a scientist I need to look I need to look into this kind of stuff.” She said as ripped the sheet out of my hand.

“And what if it's something dangers what then.” I said with a stern look

"And what if its not."

"Look am just saying, you should not rush into this."

“I thought we are there for me thought and thought..” She said with a sob. “Get out.” She pointed to the door.

“Look am-”

“I said get out!” She yelled at me with tears running down her cheek.

I sighed as I walked over to the door. “Am just looking out for you..” I said as I walked up the stairs.

As I got the kitchen I heard the front door open. I walked over to see Shining Armor and Cadance. “Oh you're here..What's wrong?” Cadance asked as Shining gave me a look.

“Twilight found...Some reading’s that may be from Homeworld.” I said as Shining eye’s widen

“You did not-”

“No I did not.” I let out a sigh. “I tried to get her to stop her but… We kind had a fight.” I finished as I scratched the back of my head.

“Oh. So what are you going to do?” Shining asked

“Am going to look into this and keep her safe as best I can.” I said as I made my way out and back to my apartment.

As I got there I pulled out my katana and looked at it. “Funny, she is just like you.” I said as a tear fell onto the blade.

Author's Note:

If you have Gemsonas and would like him/her to appear Pm the info because I do have slot's open.

Any comment good or bad is appreciated :twilightsmile: