• Published 19th Feb 2017
  • 1,259 Views, 4 Comments

A Gem at Crystal Prep - Shadow Hero



After spending some time on earth, Moonstone is going to attend school to learn more about human's.

  • ...
4
 4
 1,259

Chapter 5- Night of the Dance

The day is almost half over do to the dance happening tonight we end early. All day I have not seen Twilight at all, I asked the others if they seen her and all they said is she was absent from class all day.. That is strange for her she never misses a day of school.

After class I went straight to her little lab to make sure she saw real not here and not just to focus on a project or something..But she was not even there.

I let out a sigh and left, there is no need for me to stand around… Maybe I should head over to her house and see if she up to going with me.. Maybe it's too late and she found someone else. I shaked my head and texted her.

As I got to the front doors of the school she texted me back. ‘Am fine just have a little cold is all and I don’t want anyone to catch it so.. Am not going to the dance.’

As I read I know something was not right, she never gets sick.. Will maybe once or twice a year but it's too early for that.. I texted back ‘hope you feel better soon.’ Now that's sent I went home to get ready for the dance.

As I got home I was greeted by the gem bird from its perch with a caww.

“Nice to see you to.” I said as I sat down on my couch. The bird just stared at me as I relaxed.

After awhile I looked into my room and saw the tux that Sunny made for me. Funny, up until yesterday I was not think of going but she still managed to make one for me. Am know fashion expert but it nice looking one.

I let out a sigh knowing I could just transform into and I felt bad do to all the time she probably spent on it. I push that thought down as I transformed what I was wearing into a under shirt of the tux.

I as I looked up and saw what time it and decided to head out, and seeing as it is short noticed I did not have a ride like the other’s. As I walked down the street I heard someone honk at me, I turned my head and saw a limousine pull up next to me and Lemon popped her head out of the sun roof. “Hey Moonie, why don’t you join us we have plenty of room.” She calls out to me before she was pulled back in.

The window closest to me opened and Sugarcoat eyed me. “She’s right there is a lot of room.”

I shock my head as she opened the door letting me in. The limousine was nice looking, the seats looked all vinyl and there seem’s to be a mini...bar. Sugarcoat must saw me staring at it. “I requested non alcoholic beverages.” She said.

I took a bottle and read the label before taking a sip.

“So are heading to Twilight’s house to pick her up?” Sour asked.

“No, she said she was sick.” I said

“For real, that sucks. Anyway it's going to be an awesome one.” Lemon said, she was wearing a purple shirt with a lemon green skirt and a black jacket over it.

The drive there was short, but an exciting one to say the least. As we pulled up so did Sunny and her date, Trenderhoof. “Perfect timing now we can enter together.” Sunny said as she walked up to the door’s of the gym.

We were in aw from what the gym looked like amazing, I know I helped set it all up but seeing it all light up and everyone having funny for what looks like the first time in their lives was a big surprise.

The gym looked just like we were under water with all the blue lights and the coral like streamers hanging down from the ceiling. “You outdid yourself.” I said to Sunny as she walked next to me.

“It was not only me but it was a group effort remember.” She said as she had her arm linked with her date.

“I guess you're right, but this is your design thought.” I said as I walked up to the refreshment.

After some time Lemon walked over to were me and Indigo was standing. “YO, how are you doing?” she asked as she had a cup in hand.

“Am doing fine, it seems a lot of people came tonight.” I said as I took a sip of my own cup of punch.

“This is the biggest crowd then the last few year’s..So why aren’t you out there dancing?” Lemon asked

“I ah, am not a great dancer that's all.” I said.. I may be lying but am not that into dancing It always will remind me of my time back when I opposed the side am on now and her.. I shaked that thought out of my head.

“Oh come on I bet your great come one.” Lemon said as she pulled me to the dance floor.

“Have fun you two.” Indigo said with a chuckle right before a guy walked up to her and asked to dance.

As me and Lemon walked onto the dance floor the DJ put on a slow song that made me roll my eye’s. “What you think this is corny.” She asked as I put my arms around her waist.

“Very with a side of pea’s.” I said witch made her chuckle. “Hey. Why aren't you the DJ for dance.” I asked as she calmed down.

“I was but the other said I should enjoy myself, and you know what I am.” She said with a smile as she tilted her head to the side. But before we know it the song was over. “I guess the song is over.” she said with a slight blush as we let go of eachother.

“It seems so.” I said as the next song played. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Twilight run out the door. “Hold on a sec.” I told Lemon as I pursued her.

“Twilight!” I called out as we made it to the front of the school. She stop’s and as turns slowly around I see that she is wearing a long blue dress with star’s at the bottom and light blues heals.

“Umm hi Moon.” She said as she looks down at the ground not even looking me in the eye.

“I thought you were sick.” I said as I walked down the step closure to her

“I was..I mean I am, it's just.” She said as she took a step back from me.

“You were never sick then?” I asked getting a simple nod. “Then why lie about then come?”

“Cadanec forced me out of the house when she found out I was lying.. I did not want to be swept up in all this but when she said…” she said finally looking at me with a sad expression. “She said you wanted to go with me then I saw you dancing with Lemon and..” She couldn't finish before falling to the cry crying.

“Hey there’s no need for that.” I said as I bent down to try and comfort her.

“Why her and not me is it because she is popular!” She cried out

“What are you talking about Lemon pulled me out there to dance, before that I was on the sideline watching.” I said putting my arm around her as she lounged forward and cried into me whispering something.

“I-I tho-ught I lost you to-oo...” She said as she left her head and looked my in the eye.

I smiled as our eye’s as met. ‘This warm feeling inside of me is just like back then with… No I couldn't.. Could I?’ I thought to myself before strong sensation came over me causing me to jump up to my feet.

“What is it?” She asked as she got up and put her hand on my shoulder.

I looked in the direction that I think the strange energy is coming from before a big rainbow came up and shot a laser down. “What was is it?” Twilight asked in a more concerned voice .

I look back at her and shaked my head. “Nothing, let's go have some fun seeing as you are.” I said looping my arm into her causing her to blush.

“O-Ok.” She said as we walked back to the gym.