• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 3,610 Views, 62 Comments

Living Nightmare - fluttercordlover232



Fluttershy develops a severe case of PTSD a few weeks after the Tirek incident. How will Discord take it?

  • ...
9
 62
 3,610

Chapter 12

At this point, Fluttershy hadn't seen Discord in over a week. She knew for a fact that he was avoiding her. This was exactly what she had feared from the very beginning,

How could I have forgotten something so simple as putting away books! She scolded herself.

But deep down, Fluttershy blamed herself, not the books she left precariously on the bed. She knew if she had told him straight from the beginning, things wouldn't have turned out so badly. True, he probably would've still felt a little despondent, but he would've been around more and have done anything he could to help her.

Fluttershy had to go over and apologize to him, to apologize for all the hurt and pain she had caused him with keeping her secret from him.

Even though Discord's home was in another dimension, he had a portal to his home hidden in a secret location in the Everfree Forest that only the two of them knew about. She was free to use it anytime she wished. Discord had created it himself using his magic, and it was only visible to her and her eyes alone. Not even Twilight and the others know about it.

She took a deep breath as she stared at the path that led into the Everfree. Even with the golden brightness of Celestia's setting sun, the forest still looked dark and menacing as ever.

Fluttershy could not let her fear of the place stop her now. She had to make things right with Discord! She just had to..


Discord didn't want to face Fluttershy just yet. He was feeling exhausted, like all the energy had been sucked out of him along with his magic. It won't always feel that way, his energy will return in good time. He trudged through the Everfree Forest. The portal he had created for Fluttershy was his only means of getting home now…

Discord suddenly stopped as realization hit him like a brick wall. His portal! The one that he made for Fluttershy that led to his chaotic world! It would be gone now since he no longer had his chaos magic to fuel it. The portal would've been his only means of getting home. Now what was he going to do?


As Fluttershy walked deeper into the Everfree Forest, she couldn't help but feel like she was being watched...

She looked around her surroundings, but nothing looked out of the ordinary. There was nothing but trees, rocks, and bushes that seemed to stretch out for miles. She suddenly felt the hair on the back of her neck begin to stand. That feeling of being watched was increasing with more and more intensity. She felt herself begin to tremble as she frantically looked at the woodland around her. A repugnant smell wafted in the evening breeze and lingered in her nose, it smelled of rotting wood, muddy swamp water from Froggy Bottom Bog, and mold. The smell was so nauseating it made Fluttershy's eyes water.

Fluttershy heard a low, deep growl coming from her right. She cautiously turned her head to the sound, and to her horror saw four pairs of bright green eyes staring at her from the shadows...

Author's Note:

Anyone catch my references from S1 E15 "Feeling Pinkie Keen" and S3 E9 "Spike at Your Service?" Remember how spike says that one could smell a Timberwolf's breath before they even appear? I tried to think of things in nature that could cause a wolf made of wood breath to smell bad, I tried to think of non living things. If anyone has any better ideas for their breath please tell me!

Thanks and enjoy! Only 2 more chapters guys! Stay with me!!