• Published 12th Jan 2017
  • 3,576 Views, 62 Comments

Living Nightmare - fluttercordlover232



Fluttershy develops a severe case of PTSD a few weeks after the Tirek incident. How will Discord take it?

  • ...
9
 62
 3,576

Chapter 10

It has been several days since Discord found out about Fluttershy's true condition. She had been right, Discord had become deeply depressed after learning that he caused her condition. However, the worst was knowing that she was cursed to live with it forever...live with an everyday reminder on what he had done...

Discord wished with all his heart that he could just snap his fingers and make it go away...but he couldn't. As much as he hated to admit it, even his own magic had it's limits, and that limit was healing. He could heal physical injuries to a certain extent, but he couldn't heal mental injuries. It was hard for Discord to even be around Fluttershy. As much as he loved her, he couldn't look at her without being reminded of the fact that she would forever constantly live with the pain and suffering he had caused her.

Fluttershy quickly took notice of Discord's behavior. She could see that his smiles and laughs were forced, he didn't talk much anymore, and he has even stopped coming to their regular 'Tuesday Tea'.

It was just as Fluttershy had feared, he was slowly straying away from her and drifting into the deep dark depths of his mind. The more weeks that went by, the more distant he became.

Fluttershy tried to show that she was perfectly fine, but to no avail. Nothing she said or did seemed to reach Discord in his misery...


Discord was laying in his thinking tree, where he does his really deep thinking. He sighed as he looked down at the land below.

I can't believe I did this to her…not Tirek…but me...

He thought back to the look on Flutershy's face after he caged her, being comforted in the arms of Applejack as tears poured down Fluttershy's cheeks..

"Why are you doing this? I thought we were friends?" Fluttershy sobbed into Applejack's chest.

"Oh we were, but Tirek offered me so much more than just tea parties. Surely you saw this coming?" Discord said casually.

"I didn't, I really didn't…"

Discord literally winced at the memory. Not only had his betrayal hurt her deeply, she would be reminded everyday of her life what he had done…

He sighed as he looked down at his mismatched hands.

If I wasn't so tempted with the chaotic power within me, this never would've happened.

A literal lightbulb appeared over his head and a sneaky grin spread across his face.

I know what I need to do...

He snapped his claws and flashed away.

Author's Note:

Did you see my reference there?