• Published 3rd Jul 2012
  • 962 Views, 10 Comments

7 is a Lucky number - Sparkling Shield

  • ...
8
 10
 962

Dark Streak's backstory

A/N: Thanks Pascal. And no, you weren’t raining on my parade; I just needed help/hints/criticism. *thumbs up*
Here, this might clear up some confusion with Dark. And I know it conflicts with some of the statements in Chapter one, but I'm going to fix that.
And if this is confusing, well Buck you; I don’t know what else to do.

*Name: Dark Streak
*Eyes: (Twilight’s) Violet
*Mane/Tail: Cyan and red
*Coat: Silver
Uses Dark Power too much: Pitch Black
Uses Light Power too much: Angelic White
*Personality: Random. Has mood swing very quickly.
*Special: can control Darkness and Light; like a half demon half angel.
*Life Info:
Dark Streak had a good start in life. He was born into a great family, and had an older brother. He was born with a silver coat. Yes, silver. He didn’t always have a black coat.
When he was young, he was always bullied in school for his coat. Other colts saying it was a girl color. Only ones who cared about him were the other fillies. Dark didn’t understand why they cared, but he accepted their help nonetheless. When he was about 10, he was done with the bullying from others. He told them off… and hurt them severely. He had unlocked his dark powers through anger and hatred. This caused his coat to turn a pitch black.

After explaining what happened to his parents, they became resentful, and threw him out, not wanting to get hurt. After being thrown out, he cried tears of sorrow. His parents were the best. Kind, generous, always helped him in his time of need. Not anymore, since they don’t care.
Over the years, he started to hate them more and more. For leaving him, and for setting him off to nearly die of hunger, to fend for his self…

For as long as he could remember, he was on the streets, being a thief and pickpocket. Taking the occasional bit here and there
A short while later, he found out that his powers could help him; they could make him invisible, form small daggers, and could make him transform into a Pegasus. This power he found… strange. He was an Earth pony, but could make himself a Pegasus in a flash. He used this power often, usually to escape getting caught for pickpocketing. Flying was a second nature to him after he learned.

Dark was ok with his life style after a while, but felt like he never belonged. Every day for the same 5 years, he did the same thing. Woke up, picked pockets, and bought small amounts of food.
He started resenting this life style. It caused him to me more and more reckless during pickpocketing, since he was going deeper into thought. Then, it all fell on him.

Someone caught him pick a pocket and called the local police to arrest him. Dark did the only thing he's done his whole life… run. He kept running until he lost the police, ending up in the Everfree Forest. Here, he thought he could live in peace. He was wrong. Everfree wasn’t what he planned to be.

For a few weeks he was there, trying to survive. But, there was so little that could sustain him. Zapp Apples were a treat for him, when he could harvest them. Timber wolfs weren’t a problem. Like most others, pony or animal, they feared him. Berries, some other fruits; this wasn’t a life style he wanted.

After about 2 months after arriving in Everfree, Dark decided to go and see if there was anywhere, like a town or city, near this forest.
He was very tired, with nearly no energy in his body.
He had no idea how far he walked, but he soon realized he couldn’t keep focus. He was slowly fainting from lack of nourishment.
Right before he blacked out, he used his dark powers to transform his self into a Pegasus, and tried to fly. But, since he couldn’t focus, he hit a tree instead.
Then, he blacked out completely.

Then, Dark woke up to find himself in a cottage of some sorts. This was where he met Fluttershy. He had thanked her for taking care of him, and asked if there was a town near here.
Fluttershy led Dark to Ponyville, where Dark suddenly discovered… this was the place.
This was the place he longed for in life; a quiet, nice town. Many of the ponies were friendly, and one or two instantly asked dark to become their Colt friend.
Dark… was for the first time, a bit happy. He started making a living, working at Ponyville Hospital. His Dark powers allowed him to heal himself, but he soon modified that so he could heal the injuries of other ponies. This instantly made him a bit famous.

Yet, Dark felt like there was something missing. Then, some chaotic accident, not caused by Dark, led everypony to hate or fear Dark.
Soon, he was depressed again. Now, he had no job, and everypony hated him…Everypony except 5 mares.

Dark did not realize it, but these 5 were actually ones he met, and helped.
1. Fluttershy: Dark healed some injured animals in trade for treatment
2. Rarity: offered to watch sweetie bell when there were orders to be filled
3. Rainbow Dash: Joined the weather team in exchange for Pro flying lessons
4. Applejack: Apples for healing some dead trees
5. Pinkie Pie: She Pinkie, so we may never know.
These five, believe it or not, had hidden feelings for Dark. Not just “let’s be just friends” feelings, more like “I like you a lot, lets hang out” feelings. They would try to persuade Dark to get out of his house more often, or try to invite him on a picnic.
Dark wasn’t all for going out of the house, but when it came to the picnics, he was all for it. And that’s only because it was just him and the 5, no pony else. These ponies were… different, so to say.
He never realized it, but his coat was lighter than it was back in Phillydelphia. not close enough to silver, but more like a darker gray.
Now, it all leads up to this day…

A/N: and there you have it. CLIFFHANGER ending is a good start, cause it moves into the start of chapter one.
Anyways, see you on the far side.