• Published 3rd Apr 2017
  • 9,630 Views, 389 Comments

SunLight Sliders - Amber Spark



Due to a minor calibration error, Sunset and Twilight find themselves lost in the vast possibilities of the multiverse. Now, they search for a way home… and find something neither expected in one another.

  • ...
23
 389
 9,630

Chapter 7 - Marwile

The duo landed in the middle of a polar desert with snow and ice in every direction you look.

“T-T-Twilight, w-where are w-we?”

“I-I d-d-don’t kn-know, S-Sunset.”

“C-C-Can we g-go b-back?”

“N-Not until the T-T-TBT –” “The T-Talisman.” “N-Not now! – recharged.”

“T-Twilight, I’m c-cold.”

“Me t-too... W-We c-c-could c-cuddle t-to share b-body heat.”

If any of them was blushing, you couldn’t see it anyways.

“A-Alright, T-Twilight.” The two proceeded to embrace each other. “B-But if you t-try anything with your horn…”

After falling through the portal again, Twilight recognized the familiar, crystalline walls right away. “We are back in my castle!”

“Wait, so after unspeakable horrors, probably helping Tirek escape Tartarus and finding out we are not alone, we’re back home just so? Talk about anticlimactic. I mean, if this would be an anime, now would be a good time for a comedic filler arc.”

Twilight gave her a confused look.

“There’s still much I have to teach you, young padawan.”

Twilight gave her an even more confused look

“Very much.”

The alicorn suddenly spotted five familiar faces in a room at the end of the hallway and decided to immediately run up to them without thinking. “Girls, you won’t believe what happened!”

“Wait, Twilight, we don’t know if they...", Sunset tried to call after her. "...are really our friends.”

Twilight reached the room and tackled the other ponies into a tight hug. “I created a portal with Sunset and we traveled to other worlds and there were talking toys and beautiful islands and a frozen wasteland…”

“T-Tara? What are you doing?”, replied the orange earth-pony.

“And what are you talking about? It’s nowhere in the script,” came from the white unicorn.

“What do you mean ’in the script’?” Twilight asked.

Meanwhile Sunset trotted up behind her lavender-furred friend and looked around. Her gaze fell on the equipment and several cameras standing on the sides. “Oh no, please don’t tell me…”

“Cut!”

A purple dragon stood up from his folding chair and walked annoyed to the ponies.

“What was that supposed to be, Tara? We have a tight schedule and your little joke will only make us more problems.”

Twilight stood there like a pony in the headlights. “What’s going on, Spike? What are you all talking about? My name is Twilight. This is my castle. You are my friends and we went through many adventures together. And why do you all keep calling me Tara?”

Now everyone else looked concerned at her.

“Hey Lydia, I think she finally lost it.” the blue pegasus whispered to the orange earth-pony.

“Not the right time, Ashleigh.”

The white unicorn put a hoof on Twilight’s head. “Are you alright, Tara? It’s me, Tabitha. Did you hit your head somewhere? Andrea, be a dear and get her something to drink.”

While the yellow pegasus went to do that, the dragon approached Twilight. He started to speak slow and careful.

“Let me clear that up for you. My name is Spike and I’m scriptwriter, director and play a character with the same name. Your name is Tara and you are the lead actress of ‘My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic’, a famous TV-show about the fictional life of Princess Twilight and her friends. All of us usually get along pretty well, but you know how I can get if I’m under stress. So please tell me you didn’t have a mental breakdown.”

Despite being one of the biggest minds in Equestria, Twilight only now seemed to slowly realize her situation.

Which is why Sunset decided to take matter into her own hooves.

“Hahaha, that’s enough, Tara. You can drop the act now.”

Spike’s expression went from concerned to annoyed again in an instant.

“Really? You’re on thin ice, Rebecca.” He pointed a claw at her. “Don’t forget, that we let you join the main cast mostly because of fan demand… especially after the bad response we got with Starlight last season.”

“If you’d let me appear in more episodes–”

“Shut up and go back into your corner, Kelly!”

“Uhm… Sorry?” Sunset offered weakly. “Tara was just showing me around here and bragged about being a great actress, so I dared her to act like she’d think she’s really Twilight.”

“Wasn’t Jennifer supposed to show you around last week?”

“Oopsie. Maybe I kiiiinda forgot,” responded the pink mare.

Twilight finally caught on. “Oh, yes, sorry. We just tried to… lighten up the mood, hehe.”

“Alright, apology accepted.” Spike released a breath. “And you are right. This stress is getting to all of us and maybe we really needed a quick distraction. But... didn’t you call in sick today, Tara? And didn’t you take a day off to spend it with your family, Rebecca?”

“I-I suddenly felt much better and decided to help anyways.”

“And I hate my family.”

“Well, now that you two are here you can actually help us.”, Spike then addressed everyone present. “Short break while I look up the schedule!”

The group of ponies dispersed and they started chatting among themselves.

“Bold move.”

“I can’t believe she did that.”

“Can I come out of the corner?”

“She really got me.”

“No, Ashleigh, we won’t make a spin-off called ‘My Little Dash: Rainbow is Awesome’.”

When they were out of earshot, Sunset and Twilight released the breaths they had been holding. The latter hung her head in shame.

“Sweet Celestia, thanks for saving our flanks, Sunset. I don’t know what went into me. I completely forgot we were hopping through dimensions for a moment.”

Sunset put her foreleg around her friend’s shoulders. “Don’t worry, Twi. I’m missing them, too. We’ll see them again soon, I’m sure.”

“Yeah, we’ll see them again. But what do we do now? We can hardly open a portal in the middle of the set, where everyone is watching us. What if somepony follows us?”

“I said don’t worry. I’ve seen something like this on TV. We’ll just pretend to be actors for the day, maybe snag something from the buffet, and when we get a moment alone, we’re gone. Easy. You can act, right Tara?” Sunset asked with a grin.

“I should inform you, Rebecca, that I played ‘Clover the Clever’ in the Canterlot Hearth’s Warming play.” Twilight announced proudly. “I also just happen to have an eidetic memory. You're right. What could possibly go wrong?”

Suddenly Spike spoke up. “Alright, everypony, slight change of plans. Now that Tara and Rebecca are here, we’re going to do the big kissing-scene.”

Everypony was excited… except Twilight and Sunset, who looked horrified.

“Why did you say that, Twi?”

Author's Note:

Alright, so I actually had planned something completely else for this, but then DrakeyC came with his chapter... (it wasn't the same idea, just similar in the wrong ways). Instead I just thought "after so much story, why not go completely insane?" and so took inspiration from Family Guy, Kappa Mikey and Supernatural. Though I wished we would stay longer in this world
Oh, and one more thing: The Author's Notes idea came from me. Don't let Novel tell you something else. It was mine! MINE!
H-Hey! Wait! It's the truth! Wait! *gets carried away* Sunset will always be better than Starlight! The Illuminati are watching us! Everything is a JoJo-reference! Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid is the best anime evvveeeeeeeerrr....

[Editor's Note: I never claimed author's notes was my idea!]