• Published 3rd Apr 2017
  • 9,631 Views, 389 Comments

SunLight Sliders - Amber Spark



Due to a minor calibration error, Sunset and Twilight find themselves lost in the vast possibilities of the multiverse. Now, they search for a way home… and find something neither expected in one another.

  • ...
23
 389
 9,631

Chapter 2 - NotSoWickedWitch

Twilight Sparkle awkwardly adjusted the tea cup currently clenched in her aura, her irises focusing on the rather timid pony that sat to her front. Sunset Shimmer merely sniffled, the cold air around her tingling her nostrils.

Today was one of those days.

Those days when you traveled to another dimension, ended up being the queens of same universe, and even somehow manage to come across one of your best friends—well, in a way.

“Soo, umm,” Fluttershy—otherwise known as Sunlight Fan #10,000,204 in this universe—slightly twitched around in her wooden seat. A pair of goggles perched on her forehead were completely steamed up, and a mechanical rabbit proceeded to repeatedly stamp its foot on the ground. “I, umm, I'm sorry. I really didn't expect you both to show up.”

“Oh, no need to apologize!” Sunset assured, equally as uncomfortable as her comrade. “We umm, didn't really expect to show up either!” Twilight nodded in agreement, an uneasy grin forming on her lips.

“R-really?” #10,000,204 questioned. “Oh, of course! You two are very important ponies, after all! And you do have that issue with the PinkieDash nation!”

What?

“Excuse me?” questioned Twilight, “but did you just say PinkieDash nation?” Fluttershy gave a quick nod, only adding more coal to the fire of confusion Twilight and Sunset were currently building.

“You know, lead by Queen Rainbow and Pinkamena Diane?” reminded the pegasus. “You do remember, right? I wouldn't want to make you feel even more awkward than you already may be!”

Twilight and Sunset were both quiet for a minute— maybe two. Their eyes met, and their situation had taken a turn towards Weirdville. Or maybe even further, considering that in a world where you were the rulers, you would've been past Weirdville hours ago. Nevertheless, the two did their best to stay calm.

That is, until Sunset Shimmer spat out her tea on the carpet and a bit of her orange, fluffy fur. And at that moment, ‘tried’ truly was the most appropriate word to use.

“Oh, are you okay!?” #10,000,204 exclaimed, oblivious to the now sparking rabbit that was flipping around on the floor. She quickly stood up, grabbing a spare handkerchief from her apron pocket, and handing it over to the unicorn. “I really didn't mean to cause you any distress! Please just don't kill me!”

“Kill you?” Twilight said, trying her best to contain the small giggle in her throat, and making its way up to her cheeks. “Why in all of Equestria would we do that?”

Fluttershy blinked. “Equestria?” She grimaced. “Is that some new ship? Between Questria and… Ecc? Oh, I'm sorry I don't know, my majestic, wonderful queens!”

Sunset— finished wiping off the small portion of tea from her body, and now reaching towards the carpet where most of the damage was done— guffawed at the statement. “Who now? And what exactly is a ship? I mean, I'm assuming you aren't talking about the boat.”

“Oh, don't tell me you're running some kind of fever, Almighty-weeny-kawaii Sunset?!” Fluttershy said. Sunset and Twilight shared an eye roll. These names were getting more and more ridiculous as the conversation went on. “Why, a ship is the whole meaning of life!”

The mare grinned. “Why! I'll sing a song about it right now!”

Twilight raised an eyebrow, “Oh! You really don't have to—”

“PinkieDash, Rarijack, Dislestia, Equestria, these ships, oh yes they're so fine!” She began, twirling around like a ballerina on the stage. “Add in some clop—”

“We're done,” Sunset quickly interrupted. “Thank you for the visit but—”

And then, the mechanical rabbit that had been helplessly sparking on the carpet, set on fire, and took the carpet alongside it.

Which, thankfully, just so happened to be the exact moment that Twilight and Sunset's little device decided to activate once more.

Fluttershy frowned and quickly flew up from her chair that was currently burning, and into the air. The smoke alarm in her cabin turned on. Her eyes filled with tears.

“This happens every time!”

“… what the heck?”

Sunset and Twilight found their eyes focused on two human figures— one blue and the other pink— standing in front them, and staring down as if they were an alien of some sort. And oddly, Twilight could almost swear there was some kind of magical shield between the two, as well.

“Ooh, ooh! Can we try this one?”

“… sure? I guess?.”

“Come on, Dashie! These are stuffed animals we're talking about! Stuffed animals! Oh, I've always wanted a pony stuffed animal!”

Trying to open her mouth, Sunset found herself panicking at the realization that she couldn't. Almost as if her lips were stitched together.

No way.

If Sunset's eyes could've widened at that moment, they would've been the size of tires. And the big claw heading towards her and Twilight wasn't helping the situation.

“Let's get this thing started!” the female voice—which by her high-pitched voice and energy Twilight and Sunset immediately recognized as Pinkie—exclaimed. Invisible sweat trailed down Twilight's forehead.

“Merry Christmas to me!” And then, the claw tightened around Twilight's right hind leg.

Merry Christmas indeed.