• Published 3rd Apr 2017
  • 9,631 Views, 389 Comments

SunLight Sliders - Amber Spark



Due to a minor calibration error, Sunset and Twilight find themselves lost in the vast possibilities of the multiverse. Now, they search for a way home… and find something neither expected in one another.

  • ...
23
 389
 9,631

Chapter 11 - OddOneOut

“Twilight, I think we should get out of here, before the other me decides to do any more, uh, ‘winning’.”

“Me too,” agreed Twilight. “Hopefully the next dimension will be one less… exciting.” Another series of explosions echoed in the distance. Twilight and Sunset instinctively pressed together. They looked into each other’s eyes, and then glanced away, blushing. “Yup, definitely time to go!” Twilight quickly said. Still hand in hand, the two girls pressed on the Talisman. The swirling energies it spat out coalesced into the familiar tear in spacetime.

“Ready?” Twilight asked. Sunset just shot her friend a stupid grin. “Wait, I need to tie my shoes.”

Twilight just shook her head and gave an exasperated sigh. They both broke into giggles at the dumb joke.

“Seriously though, we should go,” Sunset finally got out. She squeezed Twi’s hand and together they stepped through the portal.

Once more, the other side of the portal dumped the two girls in a heap. Sunset groaned, and began to push herself up to her hands and knees.

“Ugh, Twilight, you really should get started on those… cali… brations…” Her current situation caused her voice to trail off and her face to heat up. Twilight was lying on her back on the carpeted floor, limbs splayed. Sunset’s hands were firmly gripping two very prominent protrusions on Twilight’s chest, while her knee was sitting between Twi’s legs, pushing her purple skirt up. The realization set in, her turquoise eyes widening, her breath hitching in her throat. Her hands involuntarily—possibly voluntarily, she wasn’t sure—squeezed. Twilight’s face grimaced, her eyes fluttering open.

“Oof… yes, I should get on those cali… brations…” Twilight’s voice also decided to trail off when she noticed Sunset on top of her. “Um, Sunset Shimmer? Why are you on top of me? And why are you grabbing my…?”

Sunset’s hands twitched again. Twi’s face instantly flushed.

“Gah!” Sunset’s hands jerked away. “Sorry, sorry!” she kept repeating as she stood up and helped Twilight to her feet.

“It’s fine, Sunset, you didn’t hurt me,” Twi said as she smoothed her skirt, blush returning to a more manageable level. “It just means that I need to work on the TPT sooner, rather than later.”

“Talisman,” Sunset retorted, her face also cooling down. “Now, where are we?”

The two looked around for the first time since arriving. The first thing they noticed was a large heart-shaped bed in the corner of the room. It had obnoxiously pink pillows and a comfortable-looking red velvet blanket. Sunset and Twilight just blinked at it. In fact, the whole room seemed to be themed pink and red. Exploring further, behind a door they found a rather lavish bathroom with a shower big enough for two. Twilight and Sunset just blinked at that as well. Backtracking to the main room, they opened the other door and found a small kitchen, though it did have plenty of food. Twin growls suddenly came from the room’s two occupants. They looked at each other and broke into giggles.

“Sweet Celestia, I’m starving!” said Twilight. “How long has it been since we’ve eaten anything?” She found bread, peanut butter, and bananas, and began making some sandwiches.

“I think it was when we were on that ship, and Sunlight Fan #10,000,204 made us some tea. I hope she managed to put out that fire,” Sunset said thoughtfully.

“Wow… it feels like that happened weeks ago.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. So much has happened since then.” Sunset made her way to the refrigerator and found tons of whipped cream and strawberries inside. She just chuckled and facepalmed. “Well, I’m pretty sure I know where we are now.”

“Weawy? Wheaw aw ee?” Twilight asked with a mouthful of peanut butter- banana sandwich.

“Well…” Sunset began with some trepidation, “I’m fairly certain that this is a love hotel.”

“Huuu.”

“I think we should eat and clean ourselves up while we’re here. No offense Twi, but you really stink.”

“Fhey-“ Twilight finally swallowed. “Hey, come on, it’s not my fault! We were on a tropical island, in two separate wars, and we were even in Tartarus for Luna’s sake! Not to mention that time we almost k-k-ki… aaand besides! You don’t smell any better, Miss Bacon-Hair!”

Sunset held her hands up in a placating manner and chuckled. “Alright, Twilight, you have a point. Tell you what, you eat some more and I’ll go take a shower. Then we can switch, and then get some sleep. OK?”

“Alright, sorry for snapping at you… I guess I’m just frazzled. It’s not every day you’re accused of bullying one of your best friends… even if it was an alternate universe version of her,” Twilight said glumly.

Sunset quickly walked over and gave her friend a hug, and with warming cheeks, also gave her a quick peck on the cheek.

“What was that for?” Twi said, with hot cheeks of her own.

“Just… letting you know I’m always here for you. And… as thanks for always being a good friend to me.” Sunset pulled away and quickly said,”Well, I’m going to go take that shower now.”

As Sunset walked away, Twilight’s eyes lingered on the retreating figure’s hips. She snapped out of it quickly, though.

“Come on, Sparkle, you can’t think about her that way,” she said to herself. “There’s no way she feels the same way.” She dug back into her sandwiches, ravenously eating. Her mind drifted back to Sunset and she wondered what it would be like to really kiss her…

Sunset finished washing and stepped out of the shower, wrapping herself in a handy towel. She had hardly taken a step toward the hair dryer when the bathroom door suddenly opened, revealing Twilight, similarly garbed… except for a large amount of cleavage showing.

“Twilight? What are you doing, I’m not done in here yet!” said a startled Sunset.

“Awww, you’re already done with the shower, Honey Buns? I wanted to get in with you!” said Twilight. She had a dopey look on her face and spoke in a tone that could only be described as love-struck. “I guess I’ll just have to settle for that sexy mouth of yours!” And with that Twilight practically launched herself at Sunset’s still dripping body. She wrapped her arms tightly around Sunset’s ribs.

“Honey Buns? Whoa, Twi! What’s gotten into y-mmmpf!” Sunset was cut off as an eager set of purple lips locked with hers. Sunset’s eyes widened and she flinched as a purple hand snaked down her back and grabbed one of Sunset’s honey buns through the towel.

The VERY forward Twilight pulled away from her siege on Fort Sunnylips and slyly said, “What? You grabbed some soft things of mine earlier; I’m just returning the favor. Besides, it’s your fault for being so bucking sexy all the time.” Then with renewed vigor she once more passionately attacked Sunset’s mouth.

The scientific side of Sunset’s mind was racing. The emotional side was pretty much dead weight at this point.

What in the world could have caused this crazy change in Twi?! I’m not acting madly in love towards her, so there must be an outside factor! she thought desperately.

Casting around for a possible culprit, it hit her like falling backwards onto the bathroom floor.

Which, incidentally, had just happened. Twilight was on her hands and knees over Sunset, with that dopey grin still etched on her face.

The food! Twilight was the only one who ate.

Twilight began to bring her face down to Sunset’s for another kissing spree, when Sunset shot her arms up to grip Twilight’s shoulders.

“Twilight, listen to me!” Sunset begged. “We’re in a love hotel. The food probably has aphrodisiacs in it! You need to snap out of it!”

Twilight stopped. She blinked. And blinked again. Slowly, a look of horror came over her face. She brought her hands up to cover her beet-red face. Sunset scooted out from under her.

“Hey, Twilight. Look at me,” Sunset murmured. She reached over and took Twilight’s hands in her own. There were tears forming in the corners of Twilight’s eyes.

“I’m sorry… I’m so sorry Sunset.”

“It’s OK, Twi. I’m not hurt. Well, I guess my, erm, ‘honey buns’ are a bit sore from us falling over.”

Twilight gave a dry snort at that.

Sunset took a thumb and wiped the corners of her friend’s eyes. “So don’t cry. You couldn’t have known. Come on…” She stood and helped Twi up. They exited the bathroom and walked to the big heart-shaped bed. “We’ve both been on an emotional roller coaster since we slept on that beach. Let’s get some sleep, alright?”

Twilight quietly nodded. She crawled under the blanket.

“I still need to dry off. I’ll be back in a few minutes. But, you know…” Sunset paused, “If you wanted to kiss me so badly, you could’ve just asked.”

Twilight just groaned.

Author's Note:

"I took it upon myself to write the obligatory fanservice episode. I REGRET NOTHING!"